• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Kerub

Banned
Fuck the
chase in sequence 8.
He just keeps on running, but if I catch him and kill him I fail the mission. Bleurgh.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The (sequence 8 spoiler)
execution scene was so poorly done. You get hanged and press L2 and suddenly Achilles ends up under the gallows to rescue you? lol k

Zeliard

It's too bad the winding tree-climbing synchronization points seem basically identical to each other. Missed opportunity there. Just climbed one in the midst of a heavy thunderstorm, which was pretty awesome.

Y2Kev

What do the synchronization points do for you? Can you spend mad bucks on UPLAY for HOT REWARDS n such?

This game has such a beautiful world, but apart from that is terribly average.
The chase scene in sequence 8 is ridiculous, as said above, I honestly think sequence 8 is the worst sequence in the whole series.

Omni

Double assassination with the hidden blades. Doesn't matter how many times I do it, still looks awesome.

Fuck the
chase in sequence 8.
He just keeps on running, but if I catch him and kill him I fail the mission. Bleurgh.
Just tackle him.

But yeah, I agree. Pretty damn bad. I had to actually vent my frustration by yelling at my TV during that mission.

Reading through the comic(s) that came with the Ubiworkshop edition. They're pretty good. Glad I decided to read them before getting too far in 3.

Lakitu

st5fu
Had the same problem with Revelations and Brotherhood in that if you fail the 100% synch stuff there's no chance to restart the mission unless you quit and reload again. Half the time I was failing them aswell. Maybe I just suck but I hate to think that I was missing out content.

wingz

Had the same problem with Revelations and Brotherhood in that if you fail the 100% synch stuff there's no chance to restart the mission unless you quit and reload again. Half the time I was failing them aswell. Maybe I just suck but I hate to think that I was missing out content.

You could always go back to the last checkpoint if you miss one, but some really a pain to do and it not even worth it.

Y2Kev

The chase in sequence 8 took me one try. I got him right after he crosses the first street.
why are people struggling?

Bladenic

The chase scene in sequence 8 is ridiculous, as said above, I honestly think sequence 8 is the worst sequence in the whole series.

Yea the world is gorgeous. The Frontier is quite stunning, having just entered it for the first time. On the other hand, it's hard to find Boston as impressive as Italy.

Yea the world is gorgeous. The Frontier is quite stunning, having just entered it for the first time. On the other hand, it's hard to find Boston as impressive as Italy.
I like boston, and I love how ambitious it is, but I agree, Italy is equally impressive in the ezio games.

Seriously game, stop informing me I have unlocked a Shard of Eden, a new weapon and an item for the homestead. That happened three sequences ago.

Omni

I like boston, and I love how ambitious it is, but I agree, Italy is equally impressive in the ezio games.

No, his point was that Italy is far more impressive than Boston. IMO, Boston is a little stale. New York on the other hand? Love it.
The small pox ridden area on the west is great and really adds to the atmosphere

SJRB

Gold Member

That's because renaissance Italy was an epitome of art, culture and architecture whereas 1775 Boston is a shithole pulled out of the mud.

Jrmint

Sorry to keep harping on this trading thing.

So I went into the trading menu to try selling all of these beaver things through the convoy system.

Problem is my initial tutorial convoy was attacked and now I can't send another one, or at least I can't figure out how. Do I have to go find that attacked convoy or something to send another? I cannot figure it out.

raindoc

i just started a homestead mission called "Pig Herder".

dat feeling when you instantly know you better hadn't pushed the button.

Sorry to keep harping on this trading thing.

So I went into the trading menu to try selling all of these beaver things through the convoy system.

Problem is my initial tutorial convoy was attacked and now I can't send another one, or at least I can't figure out how. Do I have to go find that attacked convoy or something to send another? I cannot figure it out.

You have to craft another one through the crafting menu.

No, his point was that Italy is far more impressive than Boston. IMO, Boston is a little stale. New York on the other hand? Love it.
The small pox ridden area on the west is great and really adds to the atmosphere
I don't know I agree. Italy is more unique, but I love the accuracy of boston.
Also surprised that after 5 sequences of tutorials, they never said how to hire assassins.

Sidzed2

This game is less "Assasin's Creed" than it is "Run errands, traipse through the forest and sit through long cutscenes Creed".

Ubisoft have lost their grip on this series. They desperately need to strip it down and focus.

Sometimes I feel like Indiana Jones in that famous market scene, when you attract the attention of an enemy, he starts to confront you and you just shoot him in the face before he's able to harm you. :D

You guys weren't kidding when you said this game was glitchy. I've gotten stuck and fallen through geometry more times in Sequence 1 than in all 4 previous AC games combined.

Jrmint

Sometimes I feel like Indiana Jones in that famous market scene, when you attract the attention of an enemy, he starts to confront you and you just shoot him in the face before he's able to harm you. :D

Haha that is so true in this game! I didn't think of it till your post!

Megasoum

Banned
Is it me or the only way to display your current objectives is to pause and then unpause the game? This is really annoying...

What am I supposed to do with the pelts I collected by killing animals (except selling them)?

I want to make myself an awesome bear hat and rabbit-pants.

Anyone know an answer?

JB1981

reached sequence 6 today and holy shit I'm feeling overwhelmed by everything there is to do

Me too. I'm focusing on liberation missions in boston at the moment. Incidentally, is this how you recruit allies and send them on missions to free other colonies ? I sent Jean out by himself and he got messed up lol

Linius

What am I supposed to do with the pelts I collected by killing animals (except selling them)?

I want to make myself an awesome bear hat and rabbit-pants.

Anyone know an answer?

In the crafting menu I saw you can make a racoon hat. There's prolly more but I didn't look in to it much.

Is it just me, or do Boston's viewpoints disappear? I did about 2/3rd's of them in the early game, but now I can't see any and large chunks of my map are still obscured.

I just did this, and not really sure all the issues. I got on a horse, jumped off, tackled the dude. Game ova! I said "That was what everyone complained about."

Finished the comics. They're essential reading for anyone who is remotely interested in the modern-day aspect of AC. Good stuff.

Back to the game.

Derrick01

Banned
Framerate gets really rough on 360...

It's no better (probably worse) on PS3. Some of these battles I took part in had to have been running at sub 20 FPS and that was in the Frontier. God only knows how bad it would have been if it was in Boston.

Top Bottom