• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

LuchaShaq

Banned
Question about liberation contracts. I did all the white symbols in Boston but only got the recruit from story+1 but I talked to another guy to and now he's in none of the liberation contract bars?

I mean I found him but he won't talk despite me finishing the liberation stuff.

Well that's just fucking great. None of my inventory is showing up in the trading option. If you want me to make money in your game Ubisoft, why did you put in such a half assed interface that bugs out like this. Fuck.

EPPSZ.jpg

Boogie9IGN

so uhhhh this is kinda embarrassing but I dropped my tomahawk during a fight and got killed by a crazy swarm of redcoats. I respawned and now I don't have the tomahawk in my inventory?

I was getting into a nice rhythm, liberated some districts, recruited a new assassin, collected some chests and almanac pages, synchronized a few viewpoints. Was going to liberate a fort next and thought "hey, should take ten minutes, I should send something off on the convoy." But noooooo. Just had to break the rhythm.

Well that's just fucking great. None of my inventory is showing up in the trading option. If you want me to make money in your game Ubisoft, why did you put in such a half assed interface that bugs out like this. Fuck.
It's weird you can only access Connor's stuff from the ledger at the homestead and not the stores

The chase sequence in chapter 12 was AWESOME!

And not hard at all. Did it on my 3rd try with all bonus objectives too.

The one where you had to chase Hickey was way harder and straight up bullshit.

Can't see why people are having problems with this. Maybe I just don't suck at vidya games.

Hickey chase wasn't bad. There's an immediate shortcut that puts you way ahead of him, then it's simply a matter of tackling him while he runs in to you.

How do you level up your artisans?

I'm a bit stuck atm.
You gotta do their corresponding missions. Just do every possible homestead mission and they'll level up eventually. FYI some missions will only show up in the daytime and most are locked based on main story progression

Zabka

img_01501agf26.jpg

Pretty awful.

So, anyway, why is this online mode more polished than the campaign? This is sad.

The weird thing, besides this making it to the retail version of the game and surviving the first patch, is that it isn't in the loading screen version of Desmond. Might be a cutscene version of the character.

Petrichor

Is it me or is the main story really short compared to AC2? I suppose there's more sidestuff to do in AC3, but I felt like the game only just got out of the tutorial section then it ended.

I liked the haytham bit at the beginning but honestly I'd preferred to have had three extra late-game acts as conor.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
conor's storyline is a hot mess. He's just doing things for the sake of it without any real motivation by the end of the game.

The missions are pretty awful as well, though the ferry mission was ok.

The whole thing. Holy fuck. Clusterfuck nightmare.

If anyone is having trouble with the
Hunting Society cougar mission
just set up a trip mine near where you know it will spawn and starts running and then examine the clue to trigger the race. I haven't got to the Sequence 8 race thing yet everyone is bitching about, but just imagine that this race is against a cougar. I finally said fuck it and set up and trip mine. The thing went flying like 50 feet in the air, but I finished the mission.

M.W.

I'm on Sequence 6 and have no motivation to keep going. Especially hearing comments about later sequences. What a letdown.

legbone

i'm kind of confused. i did the first two homestead missions to unlock the loggers and lance. then all of a sudden there are all these people on the homestead. did i miss something or is it their wives or some shit (all the others are women).

Boogie9IGN

yeah this AI is a mess. I was in a fort blowing up powder kegs left and right but the main Hessian captain I had to assassinate would just walk back and forth aimlessly, even though there were explosions everywhere. He didn't react at all until I stabbed a guy on the other side of the fort, then he proceeded to chase me down relentlessly -_-

Speaking of which, these guys are apparently impossible to kill with the hidden blade...should I use the tomahawk instead?They just keep countering my counters until they stab me dead

ezekial45

Banned
I'm fucking done with this game. I'm playing on the PS3 and it keeps crashing after the
Boston Tea Party mission.

I'm so pissed off now. What a waste of time.

EDIT: and now it crashed on the start up screen. Wonderful! Fuck you, Ubisoft!

legbone

i'll tell ya what, this game is amazing but it does a piss poor job of explaining anything. the ledger and trading system is just pretty much trial and error. or i'm stupid. or both. probably both.

i'm kind of confused. i did the first two homestead missions to unlock the loggers and lance. then all of a sudden there are all these people on the homestead. did i miss something or is it their wives or some shit (all the others are women).

Nameless cannon fodder, of course.

SJRB

Gold Member
Can someone explain Achilles' Manor Mysteries mission?

I go and retrieve the item, he shows it to me and I'm like "fuck yes this is awesome" and then the mission just ends. I go to the basement but the item is nowhere to be found.

What the hell just happened?

Speaking of which, these guys are apparently impossible to kill with the hidden blade...should I use the tomahawk instead?They just keep countering my counters until they stab me dead

They will auto-counter the hidden blade and assassaination attemps. Break their guard with the A button? and a just melee them to death. Also the hatchet rules once you figure out how combat works.

Clegg

I'm a bit stuck on the Boston Liberation missions. I've liberated the central and southern districts and I'm 71% through through the northern district. But there are no more markers indicating liberation missions in the northern district. There is a marker for a liberation contract in the central region but when I go there its just a pub with no-one there to actually speak to.

Has the game glitched or is there something I'm supposed to do first?

Kiraly

Can someone explain Achilles' Manor Mysteries mission?

I go and retrieve the item, he shows it to me and I'm like "fuck yes this is awesome" and then the mission just ends. I go to the basement but the item is nowhere to be found.

What the hell just happened?

Complete all of his missions to use.

Whole game is so sloppy everywhere it is unbelievable.

Petrichor

I'm a bit stuck on the Boston Liberation missions. I've liberated the central and southern districts and I'm 71% through through the northern district. But there are no more markers indicating liberation missions in the northern district. There is a marker for a liberation contract in the central region but when I go there its just a pub with no-one there to actually speak to.

Has the game glitched or is there something I'm supposed to do first?

Some of the liberation missions are on unmarked bits of the map (the more rural areas without roads) - especially in new york. Walk around these sections and you'll find the missions.

SJRB

Gold Member
Complete all of his missions to use.

Whole game is so sloppy everywhere it is unbelievable.

Thanks. Is it just his missions or all Homestead missions? And thank god for this forum so I can ask questions because otherwise I would've probably gone insane.

I honestly cannot remember the last game I had to ask this many questions to understand basic gameplay or story mechanics.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Some of the liberation missions are on unmarked bits of the map (the more rural areas without roads) - especially in new york. Walk around these sections and you'll find the missions.

Yeah it's a little frustrating that getting all the viewpoints won't reveal the entire map of the city anymore

Kiraly

Thanks. Is it just his missions or all Homestead missions? And thank god for this forum so I can ask questions because otherwise I would've probably gone insane.

I honestly cannot remember the last game I had to ask this many questions to understand basic gameplay or story mechanics.

His missions, but I believe for them to show up you'll have to complete other Homestead missions anyway.

Linius

This. Even now I've completed the game (credits are still rolling for like for ever now) I don't understand a lot of stuff. But I'll dive in to it tomorrow now I've got the time to do the side stuff. Exploring forts etc.

I haven't posted in this thread yet, mainly because I'm engulfed in the game, but I absolutely love it. Yes the game has some glitches, but I can easily look past them because I love every other aspect of this game. The story, the cities, hunting, sailing, Connor, everything. I was definitely not expecting to like this game as much as I do, but this may very well turn out to be my GOTY.

NZNova

What's up with the courier missions? Sometimes when I go to the black icon with the white envelope I get a set of white icons with black envelopes to deliver to, other times the guy just say "Okay" and nothing happens? I saw a bunch of stuff pop up that I need to collect like fox pelts and so on, but there's been no explanation of why I need to do that. D:

Y2Kev

Next time some idiot developer says they are making a trilogy, I am running in the other direction.

Noi

What's up with the courier missions? Sometimes when I go to the black icon with the white envelope I get a set of white icons with black envelopes to deliver to, other times the guy just say "Okay" and nothing happens? I saw a bunch of stuff pop up that I need to collect like fox pelts and so on, but there's been no explanation of why I need to do that. D:

It means that all the destinations you have to deliver to are in places of the map you haven't uncovered.

Have fun.

Edit: Oh, yeah the missions where you have to collect stuff are rather mundane. You just collect stuff with no explanation and deliver it to the person who asked.

And I got killed by a bear while typing this.

Y2Kev

worst trend of all time

every new franchise is a 'trilogy'
I will buy your poorly written shitchise in a "GAME OF ALL TIME" collection in five years for $29.99 after all the fan fic writers have patched your shit.

Top Bottom