• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There are plenty of games that I embrace adding challenge.

Assassin's Creed is not one. The controls are not good enough. Stop making bad checkpoints, stop making 'stealth' optional missions, stop adding timers. Your controls can not handle them.

Noi

There are plenty of games that I embrace adding challenge.

Assassin's Creed is not one. The controls are not good enough. Stop making bad checkpoints, stop making 'stealth' optional missions, stop adding timers. Your controls can not handle them.

If there's one thing that makes my blood boil the most, it's failing an objective and having the game INSTANTLY auto-checkpoint. Not even some leeway to restart from the last one, just instantly forced to do everything over again if you messed up.

Linius

It means that all the destinations you have to deliver to are in places of the map you haven't uncovered.

Have fun.

Edit: Oh, yeah the missions where you have to collect stuff are rather mundane. You just collect stuff with no explanation and deliver it to the person who asked.

And I got killed by a bear while typing this.

QTE's, QTE's everywhere

Just walking trough the forest and four wolves are coming at me. At least they made me some good money :p

Amir0x

Banned
I will buy your poorly written shitchise in a "GAME OF ALL TIME" collection in five years for $29.99 after all the fan fic writers have patched your shit.

it's why i always say I put a mental block on any Desmond/future/conspiracy stuff and try to just focus on sucking in the atmosphere of the period places I go to :p

Got the digital version finally. Just started to see if everything and online works, wtf is this Uplay shit. I actually had to go to my pc to see what my login was.

whyman

So i finished the main story and some of the sidel/all homestead missions aswell. Wow this game is a buggy mess. It really gets way worse too in the later missions. Story was meh. Game looks really bad. After all i guess it was ok, i like to climb, when it works...
I wonder how much UBI paid for all those good reviews i read.

(played on PS3)

jett

D-Member
What the hell is wrong with the framerate in this game? It doesn't even run smooth when you're in a linear tunnel.

Noi

Prince of Thieves
Loot a convoy without killing any of it's guards.

For a moment, I thought I'd actually have to be stealthy and try to lure the guards away or something while I yoinked the convoy.
Nope, just run up, punch them out and take the money. Won't even let you loot the convoy until you take all the guards out.

iNvid02

they're trying to do things which the hardware clearly cant handle, anytime i get 3-4 enemies in combat the frame rate tanks. there are bugs everywhere - missing sound effects, broken lip syncing, broken missions, glitches with the environment
- never thought i'd say an assassins creed game was so unpolished.

hopefully this stuff can and will be resolved. im having a little fun with it, but the experience is being overshadowed by all this shit. i need a patch and pc release asap

Eideka

Banned
they're trying to do things which the hardware clearly cant handle, anytime i get 3-4 enemies in combat the frame rate tanks. there are bugs everywhere - missing sound effects, broken lip syncing, broken missions, glitches with the environment

This begs question : can Ubisoft Kiev do worse than that with the PC port ?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been playing on 360, and the framerate has almost always been fine. Or, not any worse than the average game. Most of my glitches are AI related.

Bladenic

Hold up. End of sequence 5, Connor still looks like a teenager.
Beginning of sequence 6, he's significantly more mature looking, yet it's still 1773. Lol?

Derrick01

Banned

hopefully this stuff can and will be resolved. im having a little fun with it, but the experience is being overshadowed by all this shit. i need a patch and pc release asap

New York especially is a fucking mess even though it's smaller than Boston. The game chops and chugs in the teens when I'm chasing the almanac pages there.

Speaking of Boston, has anyone experienced what I can only describe as "pop out". I'll always see NPC's in the distance and then as I get closer they just vanish. I thought one of the big selling points of the Anvil Next engine was the ability to display a crap load of NPC's on screen? Still having fun with the game, but it definately makes me can't wait until some new systems come out.

Noi

Maybe I missed something, but I don't get the context for the feather collecting in this one. They felt kind of needless in Brotherhood and they removed them in Rev, but in this one in particular it just feels like a tacked-on carry over. "Hey ACII and Brotherhood had feathers, this one should too!"

GAMERG0D

Speaking of Boston, has anyone experienced what I can only describe as "pop out". I'll always see NPC's in the distance and then as I get closer they just vanish. I thought one of the big selling points of the Anvil Next engine was the ability to display a crap load of NPC's on screen? Still having fun with the game, but it definately makes me can't wait until some new systems come out.

I've seen some NPC's just vanish sometimes.

Danny-Boy

Just reached sequence 6. I don't know, it's all over the place but I'm loving it. This is coming from a fan of all the Assassins Creed games. I've currently got it up there with Borderlands 2 as my GOTY so far.

one_kill

Wolfpack may be fun, but it sure is annoying when you get people who just "run and gun".

I hate it when I'm stalking a target and suddenly have that target killed by someone who just runs and around and kills.

A more annoying thing is when those players are ranked beyond 9 or 10. You'd think they would've at least realised that there are ways of killing targets that guarantee more points than a reckless one.

rvy

Banned
The Encyclopedia of the Common Man may seems like a lot of work, but this easy walkthrough will allow you to tally it towards your overall synchronization rate and move forward with your completion of Assassin's Creed III

You cannot complete the Encyclopedia without gathering all possible residents of the Homestead, so make sure to do this as you "scan" activities to add to the encyclopedia.

To "scan" enter precision aiming mode and move the reticle over your scanning target. If your subject is gold in Eagle Vision, that means they are doing a suitable activity for scanning. If blue, this is not the case.

Rather than drive yourself crazy following these virtual people around all the time, check in with them at random while playing the game and see if the activities they're engaged in can be "scanned."

Why doesn't Ubi explain this shit themselves in the game? FFS.

Why doesn't Ubi explain this shit themselves in the game? FFS.

I really think something must have happened and they cut something from the Animus training center. In the past two AC games there was a virtual tutorial for nearly everything and you could even get Uplay points or something for finishing them will full synch.

Twinduct

So how much of this can be fixed before the PC version shows up?
Or rather say, how much will be fixed due to the extra power?

(Granted that most complaints resolves around actual bugs, which I doubt they'll magically fix)

Randdalf

I just finished Revelations because it has been lingering over me since last Christmas and it was alright. The story took a turn for the cliche about halfway through but the ending was nice. Either way, it got me mildly interested in AC3 (having little interest before, fatigue with the series etc.) but reading this thread it sounds like I should wait it out for now. I might even get it on Wii U if I, eventually, do get it.

Top Bottom