• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

cackhyena

Near the palais de tuileries? If so it might need storyline progression to open up. Specifically when you go into the palace to retrieve royal letters
It's been a couple weeks since I've played, but I'm looking to get back into it. I can't remember where exactly. Thanks, though. I'll get further in the story. I think I was around sequence six?

Luckily you need to play each co-op mission three times to get all the loots.

Also lucky: you don't even need the shite you get from the co-op missions once you can afford the expensive stuff anyway. I've been doing co-op missions over and over for gear I don't want.

I am a weird, crazy person.

Lizardus

It's been a couple weeks since I've played, but I'm looking to get back into it. I can't remember where exactly. Thanks, though. I'll get further in the story. I think I was around sequence six?

Yes that's it. After sequence eight
a hole in the wall allows you to go underground

Club competitions working yet? Cause if not I can see that two of those players actually bought helix credit to get their legendary shit to have gold rankings. lol.

No. I've completed AC: Unity, bought the best gear using in-game money and haven't bought any helix credit to get gold rankings.

"lol."

quesalupa

Do you need the Companion Artifacts for 100% DNA sync? I'm so close to being done and noticed that the companion missions aren't counted. Pleasse tell me that they don't count, the companion is so boring.

Braag

Do you need the Companion Artifacts for 100% DNA sync? I'm so close to being done and noticed that the companion missions aren't counted. Pleasse tell me that they don't count, the companion is so boring.

Unfortunately it does. So either leave it at 99% or "play" the incredibly annoying, boring and glitchy companion app.
Personally, after trying the companion app I decided to just leave it at 99% and consider the game finished.

quesalupa

Unfortunately it does. So either leave it at 99% or "play" the incredibly annoying, boring and glitchy companion app.
Personally, after trying the companion app I decided to just leave it at 99% and consider the game finished.
Alright, thanks. My AC3 is glitched at 99% so it won't be too hard to leave this one at it too.

Ferr986

Talking about co-op ,I expected WAY more on this. I mean, one of the biggest selling points was the online mode. I agree the main story should still be able to clear in offline mode, but the online component seems rushed, only a few co-op missions that are really short anyways.

Corgi

Banned
yeah co-op stuff is ok the first time, but the main challenge is finding the objectives. don't believe they are randomized so the 2nd+ time is super easy and boring.

I borrowed the game from a friend yesterday and was wondering why all my previous games don't show up in Initiates. A few weeks ago I read there was a bug which was apparently fixed with the latest game update... or did I miss something?
And why does it say "Closed & Open Alpha coming soon" somewhere in the menus? In what state is this thing now?

Otherwise, Unity is a beautiful game with an annoying combat system (I do not want to rely on my gadgets all the time) and a worrisome framerate.

ImNotOnline2Day

Neo Member
Would you say this game is safe to buy yet, or am I best waiting a little longer?

And buy safe to buy, I mean in terms of Framerate issues, game breaking bugs etc.....

Peterthumpa

Would you say this game is safe to buy yet, or am I best waiting a little longer?

And buy safe to buy, I mean in terms of Framerate issues, game breaking bugs etc.....

Game breaking issues are a "non-issue" to me. Never had any of those, even before the patches. Small bugs, yes, but they're mostly fixed, although you can still face some weird things here and there.

Framerate wise, the worse offenders are gone, like the 2-3 FPS while inside one of the churches, but the overall framerate (at least on PS4) still hovers around 25-30 FPS.

Totally playable though. Go for it.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Just started playing and am really enjoying it. Is there a way to reduce the enemy presence in each area? Some sections of Paris are hard to get through.

It was probably explained somewhere but there are so many overlapping floating boxes of info in the game.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just started playing and am really enjoying it. Is there a way to reduce the enemy presence in each area? Some sections of Paris are hard to get through.

It was probably explained somewhere but there are so many overlapping floating boxes of info in the game.
Curious about this as well. Also, how do you "eliminate enemy presence" in an area? By completing all the side missions in a district?

iNvid02

the sheer amount of enemies gets frustrating sometimes, it can be impractical to be 100% stealthy in and out which is a shame, i guess thats more hitman than AC anyway.

Curious about this as well. Also, how do you "eliminate enemy presence" in an area? By completing all the side missions in a district?

i think renovating a social club (red house icon) and finishing the 3 missions inside will liberate an area

got to 99% in Unity...just got 100% in Rogue. Nowhere close to being done with the app still lol. This thing is ridiculous. I wonder if I will be able to 100% Liberation HD before im done with the app

Kabouter

got to 99% in Unity...just got 100% in Rogue. Nowhere close to being done with the app still lol. This thing is ridiculous. I wonder if I will be able to 100% Liberation HD before im done with the app

The fun in the app really starts when a single mission starts taking 48 hours.

gribbles

Banned
Game still crashes without fail every time I try to enter the bottom-right two districts. Ubisoft really deserves a class-action for this shit.

iNvid02

Game still crashes without fail every time I try to enter the bottom-right two districts. Ubisoft really deserves a class-action for this shit.

this happened to me but the second patch fixed it, think it had something to do with save data.

malfcn

Finally installed it and got a chance to put in a little time.

This game for the most part is pretty, and at times gorgeous.
The frame rate is a shame, because the quality visuals suffer a bit from the jitter and performance.

But for me personally, it looks like the pacing will be acceptable.
The Evil Within had similar issues and I played that just fine.

The game keeping a connection to Uplay and Ubi is strange though on my Xbox One.
If I focus on something else I often get a "Game Ready to Play" notification like someone invited me.
Nope, it's just the servers pinging me again and telling me things are good on their end. Strange, indeed.

ImNotOnline2Day

Neo Member
Game breaking issues are a "non-issue" to me. Never had any of those, even before the patches. Small bugs, yes, but they're mostly fixed, although you can still face some weird things here and there.

Framerate wise, the worse offenders are gone, like the 2-3 FPS while inside one of the churches, but the overall framerate (at least on PS4) still hovers around 25-30 FPS.

Totally playable though. Go for it.

Thanks for the reply, after reading more into it though, I think I may wait a little longer. It seems some people are still having major issues. I don't want to take the risk. I hope they hurry up and fix everything else, I really want to get my Templar slayin' on.

Ferr986

Thanks for the reply, after reading more into it though, I think I may wait a little longer. It seems some people are still having major issues. I don't want to take the risk. I hope they hurry up and fix everything else, I really want to get my Templar slayin' on.

They're doing a patch 4 that supposedly improve the framerate. I guess thats the time to dive in. I dont think theres any game breaking bugs(major I noticed its crashes loading the game) but the game still hovers alot around 20-25 fps in the city, and (at least for me) lag with randoms in online mode is insane.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Just finished the SP. Enjoyed it way more than 4's, mainly because this is more of an AC game than a pirate simulator.

for the Pantheon in the app, is it impossible to get 100% success rate? I have 2 level 23's and 2 level 22's going into one. Most I can get it up to is like 80%. I would have thought that was enough.

Kabouter

for the Pantheon in the app, is it impossible to get 100% success rate? I have 2 level 23's and 2 level 22's going into one. Most I can get it up to is like 80%. I would have thought that was enough.

No, it's possible, but only barely without getting that premium bullshit I guess.

Kabouter

ive done pretty much everything i can get to 100% success rate. Guess I just need to go grind easier stuff. I really dont want to do 36 hour missions without the 100%

Yeah, just grind the training missions (they take at most 20 minutes), I've had to do that too to get 100% on stuff.

Corgi

Banned
so what was that whole you can't play as a female controversy about? Was it just Ubisoft PR being idiots?

Nothing about the released game makes any sense for a female character. It's like if people complain why you can't play as a lady in uncharted sp.

Although that kiss with female protag would be smokin' hot.

sdornan

How is patch 4 still not out? I was thinking of picking this up despite all of the technical problems (cause I'm an idiot), but I'd at least like to wait until the (likely underwhelming) patch is out that is supposed to "rectify all the remaining issues."

How is patch 4 still not out? I was thinking of picking this up despite all of the technical problems (cause I'm an idiot), but I'd at least like to wait until the (likely underwhelming) patch is out that is supposed to "rectify all the remaining issues."

There are a lot of issues to rectify, therefore still no patch...

Kssio_Aug

Playing it on the XB1 and the game seems good!! I definitely can see many improvements in the battle system and parkour gameplay. Cant say much about the missions structure cause I pratically just finshed the introdution.

Co-op seems really really good aswell.

Its biggest problem is in fact, the performance issues. Sometimes I cant believe how bad the performance can be... At that church in a certain area it was probably below 10! And playing in co-op running thorough some roofs, once I notice it was something possibly below 20s aswell.

Id rather worse graphics and better performance. Like AC Black Flag. Imo they could bring Unity gameplay and scale improvements, and set it with AC IV graphics and performance, and we would get a pretty damn solid game!

timkunedo

I wasn't sure if i was going to like Unity. After about hour numbe 2 I can't quit playing it. The level of customization is through the roof. Definitely the best AC game so far. Kudos to Ubi. Will be buying all DLC too.

Corgi

Banned
what does customization even do though. seem to just go for the most item slots and health and damage.

dont feel like stealth stat actually decreases enemy response time.

Ramenman

Are there only 6 co-op missions in game? My friends and I are only finding six on our maps. Only up to chapter 3 btw.

Check them out in the progress tracker. There are a lot more Heists Missions than actual "co-op missions" iirc. Not a problem though, Heists are actually a lot better I thought.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
so what was that whole you can't play as a female controversy about? Was it just Ubisoft PR being idiots?

Nothing about the released game makes any sense for a female character. It's like if people complain why you can't play as a lady in uncharted sp.

Although that kiss with female protag would be smokin' hot.
Ubisoft made the drastic mistake of talking about the realities of game development, many people don't know how much time and work go into game animation, especially on a project with this amount of scale, especially the ones who were saying "Just use Aveline's animations." There were still some people talking about this months after the devs added that you can only play as Arno. There was also some complete misinterpretation. People confused "making a fully fleshed out playable character is hard" with "animating females is hard." It was a ridiculous controversy,

Finally got all* but one chest.

15979681635_6d3cffbd9f_o.png

*All that didn't require the companion or initiates.

Initiates still won't sync for me.

Just finished the single player story which considering no other AC (that i've tried) has ever kept me interested enough to do is amazing, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Beautiful game, lovely intriguing story, didn't really have any technical issues (XB1 game crashed once).

My only minor complaint would be the ending (
I'd hoped they would make more of the chemistry and relationship between Arno and Elise
).

Ubisoft made the drastic mistake of talking about the realities of game development, many people don't know how much time and work go into game animation, especially on a project with this amount of scale, especially the ones who were saying "Just use Aveline's animations." There were still some people talking about this months after the devs added that you can only play as Arno. There was also some complete misinterpretation. People confused "making a fully fleshed out playable character is hard" with "animating females is hard." It was a ridiculous controversy,

In hindsight, yeah, it was. However, the context back then was the 4-player coop reveal where Ubisoft made a big deal about customising your character .

Now that we now know how the multiplayer actually works, it was silly to expect gender options but I remember being puzzled by it until they clarified the original statement.

Can someone explain this to me.

qrGjXYv.png

(taken from youtube video)

What exactly is this?

Is there all these different game types to play?

Im so confused thinking that playing Arno's story it's suddenly going to end and i'll have to move on?

Just met that weird bloke that speaks to you while that guy's getting his leg cut off.

Kabouter

That page is a story thing, it is meant to refer to the fact that Abstergo Entertainment, introduced in AC4, is promoting a wide variety of different 'historical' games. Devils of the Caribbean is the one you were doing research for in AC4.

Top Bottom