• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

dex3108

Signing in using a different browser fixed the issue, oddly enough, but thanks for the offer. Apparently, though, my poor ol' Galaxy S is too old, so tomorrow I'll finally have to get myself a microSIM and switch to the S3 that I have sitting around here somewhere.

NP :D Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013 are capable enough to run app without issues. P.S. I changed my old SIM for microSIM fe months ago and that was sad day for me XD

SJRB

Gold Member
Man, the attention to detail on the Notre Dame is absolutely insane. Visual masterpiece.

By the way, I thought there was a "quickhide HUD" option? I pressed R3 but all it does is the traditional repositioning of the camera behind the player.

dex3108

Man, the attention to detail on the Notre Dame is absolutely insane. Visual masterpiece.

By the way, I thought there was a "quickhide HUD" option? I pressed R3 but all it does is the traditional repositioning of the camera behind the player.

I think that you need to be on roof to see icons around you.

Angry Fork

Just got to Paris, I'm liking it so far. I'm below minimum requirements so the game is running a bit shitty at times but it's been playable enough. At low settings and 1080p for now, maybe I'll lower the resolution but I don't really want to.

The fast climb down feature is such a good addition, and the amount of NPC's around is insane and really cool. Yes they do some of the same motions and look similar but that doesn't matter to me, they feel way more like real characters/people than games that have tried to put high numbers of them in the past.

Lemonte

Yep, the customization is fantastic and I love the modifiers on all the gear. My Arno right now:

10418428_794493650614404_5991980176976238163_n.jpg

Can't wait to get some new colors, but I am digging this green variant for now.

hah.. That looks almost like Arrow. Does AC:U have bows?

Apt101

This parity debate is ridiculous. If ubisoft says both are the same on both consoles, why would they lie? Ps4 / X bone basically the same.the whole 60 Fps Is moot, these consoles can barely handle it.

Play the games/controller you like. Nobody cares what system you think is better. Fact is xb1 is much better, just calm down on the vitriol ps4 trolls. Take a breath, play sso and stop being such complainers. 99.9% of the gaming community doesn't see the hate and vitriol from the vocal 1% of the gaming community [you're bad we know]

If you want to be superior buy a 5k pc. If you want to play with friends go xb1, if you want to be an angry hermit go ps4 ... Most of us 99.9% could care less.

It's pretty sad that the vocal (whiny complainers) minority gets most of the press. Devs need to grow a pair and tell the trolls to eat dick.
My 2 cents

If this isn't a joke post, it's pretty embarrassing.

ssjali

So, the game will hit Europe tomorrow. Who cancelled, who is still up for it? I am still unsure...

I was absolutely hyped for it tbh...

dex3108

So, the game will hit Europe tomorrow. Who cancelled, who is still up for it? I am still unsure...

I am still in and i am waiting my GMG key. If you read this topic you will see that many users love this game but technical issues are main complain.

Wow at the customize gear. So much...just spent like 30 min looking at all the different stats on pants and trying to decide which to get. And that's just the pants

I'll tell you right now man I am one of the people who isn't bothered too much about frame drops, but this game has shattered everything I tolerated before. It's pretty damn bad and the worst part about it is that there is a good game underneath all that stuff and I enjoy it from time to time. I can only play in short spurts though cause otherwise I get too annoyed.

squadr0n

So I picked this up on a whim and have been really happy with it so far. Haven't had any real issues yet accept the random hang up on objects. Playing on ps4 here and have yet to see any real noticeable frame rate drops. I think it's because I activated my uplay and initiates account.

the graphics are mindblowing. I'm only a little bit in but damn. The main character is really well done too. This feels like a next gen assassin's creed game. It has come a long way since the first.

RedAssedApe

Banned
That "framerate is atrocious" thread makes me laugh.

I mean yes I did see the stain glass window slideshow in Sequence 2 and some other random places where it stutters but this game is hardly unplayable. Say what you will about the bugs, micro transactions, and what not not but man...some people are going (too) hard lol. The separate app thing doesn't even bug me...so far I've just been avoiding blue chests.

Have had no game breaking issues so far.

There are moments this game looks downright amazing with the lighting and crowd density. Took a short video on PS4 of me just walking through a crowd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W0wGKO6g0g

Yeah I know there's a guy with the flag that just pops in there lol.

So I picked this up on a whim and have been really happy with it so far. Haven't had any real issues yet accept the random hang up on objects. Playing on ps4 here and have yet to see any real noticeable frame rate drops. I think it's because I activated my uplay and initiates account.

Does that actually help at all? I'm willing to try anything right now

Bl@de

Aha ... Truly a great company that makes fun of the people who buy their products. Imagine the outrage if Mercedes, SAP or other companies would tell their customers and shareholders "lol your stupid" with a badge. But I guess with gamerz you can pull that shit off...

I'm sorry Ubisoft but if that is real I'm out. I really like the historical setting (and even the gameplay) of AC but if this is how a company treats their customers I just won't support them anymore. Other developers like CD Project at least seem to value their customers...

Aha ... Truly a great company that makes fun of the people who buy their products. Imagine the outrage if Mercedes, SAP or other companies would tell their customers and shareholders "lol your stupid" with a badge. But I guess with gamerz you can pull that shit off...

I'm sorry Ubisoft but if that is real I'm out. I really like the historical setting (and even the gameplay) of AC but if this is how a company treats their customers I just won't support them anymore. Other developers like CD Project at least seem to value their customers...

Wut? Is that real? If that is that is just so damn shameful I don't even know what to say anymore.

valkyre

Yeah I know there's a guy with the flag that just pops in there lol.

Ιts not just a guy that pops in, its almost every damn guy. Adn their LOD pops in right next to you, literaly. There is a guy who looks like he is made out of 30 polygon and he pops right next to you to his full detail model. But almost every character in there pops some clothes or detail, very close to you.

I dont know if that was supposed to be an impressive clip, but to me it is not.

ssjali

I am still in and i am waiting my GMG key. If you read this topic you will see that many users love this game but technical issues are main complain.

Yeah. Many reviews also don't mention these technical problems, but criticize the lack of new stuff the game has to offer (which wouldn't really bother me that much).

I'll tell you right now man I am one of the people who isn't bothered too much about frame drops, but this game has shattered everything I tolerated before. It's pretty damn bad and the worst part about it is that there is a good game underneath all that stuff and I enjoy it from time to time. I can only play in short spurts though cause otherwise I get too annoyed.

I really believe that I will love the core game, but I am really scared that I can't enjoy it the way I want, just like you.

hohoXD123

If that is from a year ago then people need to calm down when it comes to looking for controversies for this game. I'd have thought there is enough material to satisfy that already.

dex3108

Yeah. Many reviews also don't mention these technical problems, but criticize the lack of new stuff the game has to offer (which wouldn't really bother me that much).

Well based on few reviews i read main complain is Story but sidequests are different than in previous games and game is for the most part good so i guess opinions are different from person to person. If you don't have anything to play sure buy ACU if you have wait for patches :D

Would you mind explaining the context to this? What about that screenshot translates to "lol your stupid"?

Atedos

All thechnical issues aside, how is the game plot-wise? Has it good/interesting characters, story?
I pre-ordered it, but in doubt now, since all those fps drops and microtransactions.
Yet, I can cancel my pre-order till todays midnight, but the story is key factor for me, and I might keep it just for the sake of it.

eso76

still picking it up.
I really only care about the free roaming in paris tbh, will probably trade it in soon though.
As soon as GTAV hits i can't see myself putting much time into it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ιts not just a guy that pops in, its almost every damn guy. Adn their LOD pops in right next to you, literaly. There is a guy who looks like he is made out of 30 polygon and he pops right next to you to his full detail model. But almost every character in there pops some clothes or detail, very close to you.

I dont know if that was supposed to be an impressive clip, but to me it is not.

the lod stuff doesn't really bother when walking through crowds i'm not staring directly at all the npcs and there is so much noise that most of the time everything on the periphery of what you are centered on with the camera is kind of a blur anyways. so yeah...outside of entire characters popping in...i thought it was impressive and atmospheric.

to each his own. and yes the pop-in is way more noticeable when looking at crowds from overhead and can be pretty bad sometimes with entire characters and shadows just blinking in and out when you are just perched there and surveying the crowd.

I'm still up for it
(Xbox One Version...hehe..)
. Watched some reviews and high quality streams and I must say the graphics are amazing. The combat seems more difficult than before and the sidemissions are varied.

I can't wait to play the co-op missions :)

Pros and cons so far:

Pros:

-It looks absolutely staggering. The cutscenes are incredible. The facial expressions/details, the cloth on the outfits, holy shit, amazing.

-Paris is amazing. It looks fantastic, the revolutionaries around Notre Dame are so detailed, from the prople burning furniture, to the guy running around with a stolen cross, it feels like such a step up from the crowds of AC1-4

-Arno seems so far like a return to the Ezio style loveable rogue, and seems like a good character so far

-Combat seems more enjoyable, it feels weightier and more meaty

-Running down buildings and other improvements like sneaking are long overdue welcome additions

-Playing in French with English subs is awesome

Cons:

-Performance. On a 970 4GB im not able to maintain a steady 60fps, and more often than not it falls into 40-50fps territory. I genuinely feel sorry for console owners stuck with 19fps scenes

-Microtransactions. Fair enough if its for small, cosmetic items. Dont gate off actual content behind a fucking paywall.

-Gameplay is still the exact same shit. Didnt Ubi claim to have some 'dynamic mission' shit where if you fail a tailing mission, it will allow you to continue and beat it another way? Yeah, so thats bullshit.

-The pop in is RIDICULOUS. Seeing peoples outfits 10 feet in front of you pop in with extra detail is crazy.

-Glitches are rife. Ive seen polygonal tearing in the ground in some of the interiors like you used to get in PS1 games. I climbed through a wall. Ive seen AI's stuck in walls.

Cross posting from the performance thread, but i did a very quick 60fps (or 58fps according to YT) video of the Notre Dame area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOY5OxstCV4

It hits 60fps on top of the cathedral. Looking down at the crowd was around 50fps.

DOWN

Banned
Man that framerate is in the mid twenties most of the time, I'd say. I really think Ubisoft needs to keep working on the PS4 version and cap the crowds lower if they think this is what using all the power should look like. The crowds easily can be cut 20% and give the same effect.

MayMay

Banned
Having my username is tough, every time I mention something positive about Unity I get called out on being a giant fanboy :( But I dislike all games in the Franchise except 2 and Brotherhood lol.
I like Unity

Finally played some coop, it's pretty great. Or it would be without the awful glitches. I just had one were I couldn't attack with my sword or change weapons and enemies wouldn't hit me. I was basically a glorified invincible reviver while my partner killed all the guys.

There's a good game underneath that Alpha shitshow.

Neofx

How long will it take to finish the story missions? I'm at
the point where you've just killed the King of Beggars.
I don't want to finish it to quickly.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just witnessed a couple of executions by guilloutine. That was just insane. In the sunset, crowd is wild and start singing songs. Executioner takes the decapitated head from the basket and walks around stage showing it to the crowd while a guard goes to get the next prisoner.

Atmosphere in this game is one of a kind.

Top Bottom