• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

ironcreed

Banned
watching GB quicklook,

you know.... say what you want about the quality of the game and the glitches, new climbing animations look fantastic when they work. and some of these new hidden blade kills are seriously badass.

That is because it's still a great game with the best gameplay, visuals, presentation, side missions and story yet.

webkatt

I've got a Guillotine prize drop code for the xbone if anyone wants it.

I got this as well but Ubi gave me a PS4 voucher instead of the X1 code. I submitted a ticket with them. Hopefully they get back to me.
I'm still waiting on my American Prisoner DLC. I got an email asking me to confirm my console/PC. I did as soon as I got it and nada.

Vire

Good god, the framerate during the Bastille portion is just abysmal. How can you people not notice this?...

I've been playing for a few hours; Paris just opened up for me, and I've been walking around helping the crowds whenever I can. The game world is so lively! Arno's customization options are very nice, too. I think I spent the better part of a half hour playing around in those menus.

Also, I can't say that I've noticed the game-breaking slow downs that everyone is up-in-arms about. Actually, the fps dropped drastically, not in a huge crowd, but in the empty Sainte-Chappelle. I thought that was strange. I haven't come across any in-game transactions, other than the unlock everything early kind of stuff.

I'm quite pleased with the game.

I love the AC series, and I can forgive alot when it comes to enjoying the games, but I also feel that anyone saying Unity runs great on PS4 isn't being honest with themselves. The rift missions run pretty well, but they are devoid of all those npcs; everything else is pretty damn rough. The huge crowds look cool at times, but I don't think it was worth the performance hit, and boy do I wish Ubi would have hit 1080p and got rid of this softness. Performance is lacking, there's no ifs ands or buts about it, and I'm a person whose not that sensitive to frame rate fluctuations.

Yeah after playing shadow of mordor and sunset overdrive, playing this on PS4 was a big letdown both in terms of image quality and frame rate

I can switch to Xbox one for low cost but don't know if it's worth it - how noticeable is that 5 fps Eurogamer mentions but also how important are cutscenes here since they mention those are worse on xbone

Can't believe I was so looking forward to this game

Leeness

So this hasn't happened to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIlZZQdKizg&feature=youtu.be ?

Cuz, it happened to me, and clearly others, and not just in that location. That's worse than single frames, it's almost as if tens of frames are being just dropped. But you seem like a cool person actually, and I will believe you if you say you haven't had such a thing occur.

Nah, none of that. It's a shame it happens to some people, but some get lucky I guess? Haha. I always seem to get lucky in AC games :D

I would gladly take it off your hands, haha.

I have to be honest I have yet to have any issues with framerate as well. Time will tell though.

Haven't had any issues aswell (X1) untill I visited inside in one of the Cathedrals. What's really odd, it only chops frame when you start climbing..otherwise you can site see all you want and not a drop in frame.

K' Dash

I got the combat down, I just kicked ass in a fight with 5 guards, the only hit they got was from a gun one of them was carrying.

Love my halberd.

Good god, the framerate during the Bastille portion is just abysmal. How can you people not notice this?...
Willful ignorance? I don't even know. The craziest thing to me is that I never really cared too much or noticed framerate drops in most games, but this can get downright awful at times. Like, when you sync viewpoints it's a damn slideshow. It definitely seems to be getting better the further I get into it, but then again I seemed to have hit single digits just randomly climbing a ledge while escaping before I turned it off. Who knows, man. Here's hoping there's a patch coming.

Btw the game looks twice as good if you set it to limited hud. Seriously, everyone should try it.

Aces&Eights

Wait until you get to cathedral. I endured through that thinking it must be all the stained glass, but afterwards, when you are an assassin and go outside and the Ubisoft map icon monster lights up for the first time it will either make or break the game for you.

Corgi

Banned
That is because it's still a great game with the best gameplay, visuals, presentation, side missions and story yet.

also seems like one where gear actually has noticeable difference.

AC1-4, it takes pretty much the same time and effort to kill units from starting sword to end game super sword, because most kills are canned kill animations.

I do wish they showed more late game footage against units that dont' die in 2 hits.

BFIB

Ok, just finished the third mission in the game, and now it's stuck saying "installing " and it's been at 19%. I thought the game had already installed?! Xbone version.

MattyG

Banned
qLbWg55.jpg
Just found this in the Initiates badges. Sorry for the poor quality, I just snapled this with my phone. It says "1080P: Earned 90% of the Eidetic Bonuses on Lost Memory Set 3: Resolutiongate."

Come on Ubi, don't pick a fight.

Spoo

Just found this in the Initiates badges. Sorry for the poor quality, I just snapled this with my phone. It says "1080P: Earned 90% of the Eidetic Bonuses on Lost Memory Set 3: Resolutiongate.

Lol, it reminds me of Duke Nukem in DNF making fun of Halo. They don't have any ground to stand on to make fun of that concern.

DOWN

Banned
Just found this in the Initiates badges. Sorry for the poor quality, I just snapled this with my phone. It says "1080P: Earned 90% of the Eidetic Bonuses on Lost Memory Set 3: Resolutiongate."

Wow that can't be something that got approved. That's idiotic.

Here's a scary thing to think about...There are more than likely two other games in development using this "fresh take on the franchise". One of which is probably pretty close to being feature complete if it is going to be coming out next year...... Fuck.

I am actually really enjoying the game myself. I'm really early in though. I think it looks spectacular and the world does feel quite alive. I'm not experiencing any MAJOR dips in FPS. However, there is a ton of pop-in. It's not ruing my experience though. Maybe I'm looking past these as I am a HUGE AC fan or I;m use to it as many of the AC games ran poorly on the PS3 (my system of choice).

TheRed

Goddamn it, I got BSOD on PC while playing. Then when I relaunched through Uplay it said saves weren't synced so I clicked local cuz it had latest timestamp. But it just seems my save disappeared and the game just starts from the beginning now, I was about 6 hours in. Really wasted my time playing this game today...

deeptech

Couple X1 Screenshots

igwbDYVKagP5l.png

Enjoying the game so far.. but I think I should have got it on PC haha.

I can't believe how annyoing that green quest marker actually is , you can turn off everything but the worst hud element.
I don't need guidance straight up in my face , i wanna experience it on my own and find it by myself,is it so hard to add a simple option Ubisoft?

Vire

This game arguably has worse performance than Dark Souls. An impressive feat...

I think I'm just going to wait a month and see if they patch this garbage. I'm seriously not enjoying it because of all the technical slights.

fernoca

Though regarding AC Initiates...
Didn't they closed it for some time and said they were going to relaunch it? Maybe that's why everyone's back to zero?

Dead

well not really...yet
Here's a scary thing to think about...There are more than likely two other games in development using this "fresh take on the franchise". One of which is probably pretty close to being feature complete if it is going to be coming out next year...... Fuck.
Not really scary. AC4 pretty much refined all the issues that 3 had.

golem

Not really scary. AC4 pretty much refined all the issues that 3 had.

Yeah I might institute an only-even-numbers AC rule, especially since I have no faith in Ubisoft patching anything significant. Gives them time to figure it out.

ironcreed

Banned
also seems like one where gear actually has noticeable difference.

AC1-4, it takes pretty much the same time and effort to kill units from starting sword to end game super sword, because most kills are canned kill animations.

I do wish they showed more late game footage against units that dont' die in 2 hits.

Yep, the customization is fantastic and I love the modifiers on all the gear. My Arno right now:

10418428_794493650614404_5991980176976238163_n.jpg

Can't wait to get some new colors, but I am digging this green variant for now.

i got good gear and its all really starting to come together. I actually kind of feel overpowered, and I am not even halfway through the game. I can already fight lvl 4 enemies with no problem. This is definitely one of my favorite AC games

dex3108

That is badge from closed alpha testing if i remember correctly. It is really old badge, couple of months old, or even a year.

Alcander

Man, the FPS is so low in the opening section on X1. Sucky. Also the combat feels super slow/janky so far. This is all exacerbated coming from Shadow of Mordor which is silky smooth and slick.

Bummer because Assassin's Creed has always been one of my favorite franchises.

The graphics do look quite nice though, when its running smoothly.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
This stinks.

Putting aside the performance issues and the companion app stuff (and the microtransactions, though the rate building the assassin currency normally seems well within reason; you'd have to have no time on your hands and the patience of a tiny child to ever need to buy the fake currency), I really like the game.

But you can't just put that stuff aside, now can you? At the very least, I hope they can patch up the performance and pop-in to a reasonable level.

Alcander

I will say that I'm glad they FINALLY introduced crouching (seriously how hard was it to realize that if right trigger = speed, left trigger should = stealth) and the climbing animations look pretty ace.

I dont understand why they dont rip out the entire combat system and essentially clone Arkham or Mordor combat. UGH they did themselves such a disservice coming out after Mordor haha.

Amon-Lau

That is badge from closed alpha testing if i remember correctly. It is really old badge, couple of months old, or even a year.

Pretty much, this was around way before any of this happened...
I do find it funny how it can be applied to current times,
it's like they KNEW! 80

ironcreed

Banned
This stinks.

Putting aside the performance issues and the companion app stuff (and the microtransactions, though the rate building the assassin currency normally seems well within reason; you'd have to have no time on your hands and the patience of a tiny child to ever need to buy the fake currency), I really like the game.

But you can't just put that stuff aside, now can you? At the very least, I hope they can patch up the performance and pop-in to a reasonable level.

It's not an issue for me. The microtransaction thing bothered me more than the technical hiccups, but it turns out that it is not required at all. Sure, it's disgusting that it is even there, but you can just play the game as it's meant to be played and you will be fine. I am just going to ignore it like I have in previous AC games.

jediyoshi

I'm guessing clubs are platform locked? Started a PS4 one under the name neogaf. PM me or leave a comment with your PSN name if you've applied.

Whatever else you want to say, these guys are artists, and I admire that.

I've never finished an AC game, and I doubt I ever will. But I've immensely enjoyed messing around in every sandbox they've built us.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man... the lighting in this game. It's so damn impressive. I'm constantly experiencing these moments of awe.

Gameplay wise, I like what they did with the combat. Taken it back down a peg from the ridiculousness of the ACIII series.

I'm still fairly early in the game and it seems like a ton of shit just isn't explained or introduced at all. I'm wondering if it's just a case of them letting you access it all form the get go and maybe they'll explain it later?

I don't know, but I think I'd prefer a little bit more story context for the options that are available. Assassin's Creed II and its follow-ups did great in that respect.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It's not an issue for me. The microtransaction thing bothered me more than the technical hiccups, but it turns out that it is not required at all. Sure, it's disgusting that it is even there, but you can just play the game as it's meant to be played and you will be fine. I am just going to ignore it like I have in previous AC games.

Haven't they had microtransactions since 3? With the Erudito credits in multiplayer? Granted, Ubisoft trying to hide the fact is still awful.

webkatt

I don't feel too bad missing all these code drops.
Mostly because they are PS4 ones and I have the game on Xbox.

Anyone want to drop some codes in my inbox? lol

Refunded my preorder because all the stuff i've seen is, while looks impressive and badass, still just ass creed.

Quote to see my bestbuy preorder bonus code. Canadian if that makes a difference.

Top Bottom