• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

kaiiri

so how the heck does the companion app thing work? I've bren doing a few nomad missions yet I still can't unlock any of these blue chests. then... my it initiative level is like 5 (from 1 when I started unity) even tho I've played (and synced) every ac game since the first one!! >_< ... I don't even have altair's costume and all it says to do is lync the app. anyone know what's going on?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
you can actually just see a black "v" on the map right next to the cafe. If you click square, or x im guessing on xbox, you can just fast travel back and forth. Same goes for going back to Paris, except it will be a "p"

Yeah, the V icon is showing up now that the time period has moved forward a bit and I'm a proper assassin.

Edit: I travelled back to Versailles but the fourth cockade still isn't showing up on the map. Does it not appear until later into the campaign?

Naite

Did a co-op session with randoms. Am I/my team screwed if one person stays behind and doesn't try to leave and finish the mission?

-Deimos

Game is great and is running great. Nearly everything maxed and running at an average 45 fps on a GTX 670. I'm really enjoying it so far.

And if anyone on PC is interested in co-op, my Uplay handle is IIDeimos.

Ursiform

Banned
so how the heck does the companion app thing work? I've bren doing a few nomad missions yet I still can't unlock any of these blue chests. then... my it initiative level is like 5 (from 1 when I started unity) even tho I've played (and synced) every ac game since the first one!! >_< ... I don't even have altair's costume and all it says to do is lync the app. anyone know what's going on?

Initiates (gross) is still coming online. For Altair's costume that's actually in a blue chest I think. The chests are rewards for the last mission of three on one of the actual mission nodes that you have to scan glyphs to open.

EDIT: I hate that I know anything about the mobile app.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I don't get it. Last night, the game was running pretty well on my XB1. Tonight, it's far more choppy. I even tried hard resetting the system and going offline.

EDIT: I turned the system back online and now the game runs smoother again. So weird.

ViciousDS

Banned
Never fully lip syncs

nnooo, guess I'll stick to English then, can't stand when the voices don't match the lips....its like watching the raid in english....it just distracts me from whatever it is im trying to watch.

Got to say from what little I played last night....I really, really like this game despite its issues of course. Didn't get far lol, only
kid arno
but should be great later tonight.

Skux

Once you do the missions, the chests seem to unlock at random. I got a notification in the app saying I had 24 hours to open one chest. Pretty stupid that it doesn't just unlock the chests in that area permanently.

Is uPlay working? I have redeemed some points for the equipment but it doesn't show up as unlocked in-game.

Holy crap the graphics are amazing. Best looking next gen game so far imo. No framerate problems after the first two hours (Xbone), still at the beginning of the game though.

Kabouter

Slightly off-topic, but I activated AC Initiates for the bonuses that gives in AC:U, and uh. It seems to believe I own quite a few copies of AC3.

initiates4vseu.png

I can scroll down quite a bunch to look at even more AC3 copies I apparently added. Will this ever stop? :+

Skyzard

Banned
I'm enjoying this so far although I'm going to have to start again as I skipped most of the early cutscenes trying to see how well it would run.
[Although it doesn't seem like I actually can restart :S]

Just one thing bugging me, the English accents.

What the fuck, it's such a clash.

Alex Amancio explained on the Ubisoft development blog that, when it comes down to it, it's an artistic choice.

I can only assume massive insecurity about the French accent when speaking English is to do with it.

DOWN

Banned
Slightly off-topic, but I activated AC Initiates for the bonuses that gives in AC:U, and uh. It seems to believe I own quite a few copies of AC3.

initiates4vseu.png

I can scroll down quite a bunch to look at even more AC3 copies I apparently added. Will this ever stop? :+
Buying AC3 more than once should be illegal

ZeroX03

Banned
This game is so unbalanced. Early game you make barely any money, enemies have too much health and deal too much damage.

By Sequence 9 you're earning way too much money and the game just starts throwing legendary gear at you. There's no middle ground.

quetz67

Banned
I don't get it. Last night, the game was running pretty well on my XB1. Tonight, it's far more choppy. I even tried hard resetting the system and going offline.

EDIT: I turned the system back online and now the game runs smoother again. So weird.

The power of the cloud obviously

Pleasantly surprised with the music. I didn't expect anything on that front.
I've been doing Café Théâtre missions and most of the time the framerate is okayish (on par with PS3 games). It's really the huge set pieces that kill the game.

initiates4vseu.png

Meanwhile, Initiates has forgotten every game I own but remembers I finished them.

Pollux

This game is so unbalanced. Early game you make barely any money, enemies have too much health and deal too much damage.

By Sequence 9 you're earning way too much money and the game just starts throwing legendary gear at you. There's no middle ground.
How the hell are you making money? I never have more than a couple hundred francs

Skyzard

Banned
You actually can't even replay the first section, no way to delete save in-game.

The earliest mission you can start is when you're a kid, not the templar stuff. -.-

Youtube time.

ZeroX03

Banned
How the hell are you making money? I never have more than a couple hundred francs

Renovate the cafe theatre and social clubs. I get 10k every 20 minutes.

And honestly fuck these assassination missions, I want fucking checkpoints back. I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't for having to repeat the optional criteria every single time.

I am really confused right now, played AC4 no issues

So I entered Paris and the first story mission is 2 stars and recommends I upgrade my character before starting.

So I find the collect 3 iheads side quest which is 1 star, so presumably the game is guiding me to do that (since main story warned me of difficulty)

I just cannot get to the heads, I spent over half an hour just trying to not be seen. I dont get it, even when a nearby guard walks away there are fixed guards substantial distance away that always see me. If it yellow and I walk into the crowd, doesnt matter they just see me until red then start firing. The guards seeing me are further away than in the tutorial mission guards that wouldnt see me in those sections.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to wait to have a skill or have to assasinate guards?

ZeroX03

Banned

So I entered Paris and the first story mission is 2 stars and recommends I upgrade my character before starting.

So I find the collect 3 iheads side quest which is 1 star, so presumably the game is guiding me to do that (since main story warned me of difficulty)

I just cannot get to the heads, I spent over half an hour just trying to not be seen. I dont get it, even when a nearby guard walks away there are fixed guards substantial distance away that always see me. If it yellow and I walk into the crowd, doesnt matter they just see me until red then start firing

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to wait to have a skill or have to assasinate guards?

No that mission was just dumb and way harder than the stars implied.

Skux

initiates4vseu.png

I checked the Ubi forums and Initiates and uPlay are having problems. I noticed my UPlay stuff isn't redeeming properly. They say you won't lose progress, and I'd better not.

Renovate the cafe theatre and social clubs. I get 10k every 20 minutes.

And honestly fuck these assassination missions, I want fucking checkpoints back. I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't for having to repeat the optional criteria every single time.

?? When I failed the actual first assassination, it kept the optional objectives for me.

ZeroX03

Banned
?? When I failed the actual first assassination, it kept the optional objectives for me.

Later assassinations don't seem to do that. I played one where I had killed the person, died during the escape and had to do the entire thing from scratch. They seem to cut down on checkpoints (or in case the entire mission has none).

Odd, I had no problem getting the heads, and continuing on. Oh, well, each experience seems to be different for each person so far.

I didn't have any problems with it, it was just longer and more challenging compared to basically any other similar 'difficulty' mission.

Midgus

Neo Member
This game is.... really fun. Frame rate is hanky but it doesn't bother me. City is gorgeous. Loving Arno.

i second this, i've played about 2 hours and i'm getting a creed 2 vibe from it, really liking Arno, hes actually got character unlike that stone face Connor and Edward who i didn't care about, what so ever. lol.

Odd, I had no problem getting the heads, and continuing on. Oh, well, each experience seems to be different for each person so far.

Unless the game is bugged, I dont see how I can do it without some new skill or tool.

I wait for moving guards to move, but there are a whole bunch of stationary guards that are seeing me despite being further away than guards who didnt see me at the tutorial area/mission. As their alarm rises, I move into the crowd but it doesnt help they continue to see me until they turn red and start firing. Since guns are so accurate this leads me to then fail, have to find a vendor to buy more medicine (since its easy to use all 5) and waste time.

My approach is to use the hay cart thing, I dont see another way to enter. I dont have any assassin tools since I didnt start main mission due to games recommendation I improve my character first (which is..how? does the game give me XP?)

The guards viewing range are futher away than what I ended up learning from the tutorial mission (which seems the whole point - ie to get you accustomed to the alert system)

Later assassinations don't seem to do that. I played one where I had killed the person, died during the escape and had to do the entire thing from scratch. They seem to cut down on checkpoints (or in case the entire mission has none).

If true, that would be a horribly inconsistent and stupid decision.

ZeroX03

Banned
My approach is to use the hay cart thing, I dont see another way to enter. I dont have any assassin tools since I didnt start main mission due to games recommendation I improve my character first (which is..how? does the game give me XP?)

Just ignore the game's recommendations and continue with the story. They're completely wrong about how difficult some missions are.

Also spam smoke bombs, they work offensively and defensively.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I've set up a social club for Gaffers on the PC. Name is Neogaf. Just send me a friend request either on Uplay or here at GAF via pm (my Uplay nick is luxarific) and I'll add you when I get back from work (around 8 PM EST). If you've already sent me a pm or added me on Uplay, I've sent you an invite to the club (you can't invite people to the club without them also being a friend on Uplay - dumb design, but that's Ubi for you).

Just ignore the game's recommendations and continue with the story. They're completely wrong about how difficult some missions are.

Also spam smoke bombs, they work offensively and defensively.

ok...thats stupid then because the game explicitly says to level up first (I dont even know I improve my character do I get xp? do I use money?)

Hey guys! Question about companion app! I'm trying to login to my UPlay account but it's stuck at synchronizing.....do I have to do something in game for it to work? I haven't played the game yet but I have it. Is that the problem? Do I have to login in game?

Jito

Banned
So I've installed the 7 GB or so initial download of the game on PS4 but was under the assumption I could preload the whole game before tonight? I don't wanna be downloading another 30+ gigs tonight at 12.

I'm enjoying this so far although I'm going to have to start again as I skipped most of the early cutscenes trying to see how well it would run.
[Although it doesn't seem like I actually can restart :S]

Just one thing bugging me, the English accents.

What the fuck, it's such a clash.

I can only assume massive insecurity about the French accent when speaking English is to do with it.

I totally agree, I find the English accents distracting. I don't understand why they couldn't have made the logical choice and use English with French accents. Would have done wonders for immersion.

I just cannot get to the heads, I spent over half an hour just trying to not be seen. I dont get it, even when a nearby guard walks away there are fixed guards substantial distance away that always see me. If it yellow and I walk into the crowd, doesnt matter they just see me until red then start firing. The guards seeing me are further away than in the tutorial mission guards that wouldnt see me in those sections.

I wasn't able to complete that mission either. I think I managed to pilfer one head near the guillotine but just gave up on the rest.

Matush

Playing through first mission as small Arno and game is already glitched as hell. He glitched out during cutscene, girl was speaking with the ghost, I mean fuck, it this continues, i think i will wait until patch.

DOWN

Banned
My god, i could be wrong, but i cant ever remember a big AAA game releasing in such a shambles. its criminal. All the broken stuff shown for this game over the last couple days makes BF4 (at release) look like a work of art.
That's a bit over the top. Unity is definitely playable and not stuck with the game breaking bugs or servers of BF4.

My god, i could be wrong, but i cant ever remember a big AAA game releasing in such a shambles. its criminal. All the broken stuff shown for this game over the last couple days makes BF4 (at release) look like a work of art.
In my experience, Arkham Origins PS3 was much worse than this one on release. Not that this excuses anything, mind you, just giving a recent example.

Its a shame because there is a beautful and super deep game behind all of the technical disasters. I feel like if the framerate was a stable 30 and some of the more heinous glitches were gone, this game would have scored 9+. It has the deepest character customization of any AC game by far, story so far is the best in the series, voice acting is superb, and the architecture is downright breathtaking.

Maybe a patch down the road that improves stability and performance will let this game shine (doubtful)

Top Bottom