• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The game can be stunning at times but look at this abomination.
All settings maxed, 1080p.

I've never seen the LOD be that aggressive for relatively nearby objects.

What GPU are you using? I wonder if it's a VRAM issue?

Lizardus

fxbgzm.jpg

Just unlocked Edward's outfit randomly from a yellow chest.

Game kinda looks shitty on my 760. Getting a 970 as soon as I can.

This is also a steam screenshot so its compressed as hell.

MayMay

Banned
Man.. this game started crashing alot on me lately. It basically always crashes when I enter the lower part of the map, cant do anything in there pretty much. Stuck on a Cafe mission, because its in there and everytime when I go there it crashes >_>

Yibby

No offense, but I'm going to venture a guess that whoever took that shot doesn't exactly have a top of the line GPU.

PC screen shots are kinda useless unless they come with the specs to put them in context.

Is there any proof that the game scales the LOD based on the used Hardware ?

TriGen

Does anyone know how long before the game opens up its co-op missions? My brother and I want to try to go through them together on our first try and we're wondering how much setup we need to do with the story before we can play together. Neither of us have played the game yet and we were planning to do a little marathon session for our first time on Friday -- but if it takes a good deal of time before that opens up we might try to knock-out the early setup stuff before tomorrow.

kinggroin

Banned
ps1pic_zps74a407d9.png

ps1_pic2_zps3220d667.png

how does this not look like PS1?

Because PlayStation doesn't have hardware texture filtering.

And you're being absolutely obtuse by using something way the heck off in the distance to say THAT SCREEN looks like a ps1 game.

Stop the hyperbolic bullshit; its bad, but its not PS1 for gods sake.

Kacho

I thought that the industry was past this "augmented experience" phase?

Yeah, I just don't get it. I'm not even sure how the app works so maybe it's cool? I dunno. The thought of pulling my attention away from the game and my hands away from the controller all to unlock a stupid chest is hella dumb.

Ricker

Does anyone know how long before the game opens up its co-op missions? My brother and I want to try to go through them together on our first try and we're wondering how much setup we need to do with the story before we can play together. Neither of us have played the game yet and we were planning to do a little marathon session for our first time on Friday -- but if it takes a good deal of time before that opens up we might try to knock-out the early setup stuff before tomorrow.

Well it depends what you do but basically,after Mission 3-2,so not that long if you do the missions without collecting stuff and going after eagle viewpoints before hand etc etc...

looks like some ps1 shit... what gives?

No idea, coming from the first town which was brilliant, the first moment in Paris and I almost vomited. Thing is if I look on the left hand side, everything is wonderful looking though.

I've never seen the LOD be that aggressive for relatively nearby objects.

What GPU are you using? I wonder if it's a VRAM issue?

MSI 970 Gaming, 4GBs VRAM. I sense there is something wrong, will load the game again now to check.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I would like to play with gaffers. Finally got co-op running, and would like to get into a club and play some missions.

Has PS4 performance been addressed at all, either with a patch or by Ubisoft (ie, have they acknowledged the issue and said they're working on something)?

Just trying to decide if it's worth getting it on PS4 or just going with the Xbox One version.

kinggroin

Banned
I don't recall the game's LOD being that aggressive on the bone. Probably just a glitch on the PC one. Patch should fix that right up

Has PS4 performance been addressed at all, either with a patch or by Ubisoft (ie, have they acknowledged the issue and said they're working on something)?

Just trying to decide if it's worth getting it on PS4 or just going with the Xbox One version.

Stick with Bone version

I've been doing the Nostradamus stuff with my wife, it's safe to say we both know the subject matter fairly well and more than your average AC player, and some of that stuff still had us stumped at times. I guess the game expects people to look up stuff in the database or Wikipedia but most people will probably run around with eagle vision on or grab a walkthrough. Still, great stuff if you're into Parisian history.

Helix Rifts and Social clubs. *cough cough*
That shameless plug. You people have no ethics.
(That was a good read, thanks!)

Yeah, I just don't get it. I'm not even sure how the app works so maybe it's cool? I dunno. The thought of pulling my attention away from the game and my hands away from the controller all to unlock a stupid chest is hella dumb.
Right, the app is really stupid. It's a mix of the good parts of the AC IV app (second screen with a map) and all these terrible mini games like Kenway's Fleet in IV. The result is a bloated mess that's forced down your throat with the constant reminder of these stupid chests.

Damerman

Because PlayStation doesn't have hardware texture filtering.

And you're being absolutely obtuse by using something way the heck off in the distance to say THAT SCREEN looks like a ps1 game.

Stop the hyperbolic bullshit; its bad, but its not PS1 for gods sake.

lol woah...I'm sorry if i offended you.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I like the new climbing controls, but sometimes it drives me insane. Why can't I wall eject here?

You can. But it's different now. (you mean jump backward, right?) Without holding any direction on L-stick, double-tap X.

You might have to be holding R2, but I'm not sure. Double tapping X will force a jump at any time, and if you're not holding a direction, it will vault backward off the wall. Also, Holding L2 will let you turn corners while climbing on surfaces. Sometimes just the free-climb will try and jump laterally to an adjacent pillar or something, but if you actually want to turn in on the pillar you're already on, hold L2.

Naite

You can. But it's different now. (you mean jump backward, right?) Without holding any direction on L-stick, double-tap X.

You might have to be holding R2, but I;m not sure. Double tapping X will force a jump at any time, and if you're not holding a direction, it will vault backward off the wall. Also, Holding L2 will let you turn corners while climbing on surfaces.

Oh I've done it before, but it rarely works. It only consistently works for me in specific missions where an active prompt for it appears. Here I tried every button combination with and without the analog stick and Arno just sits there.

EDIT: Retrying it after fast travelling made it work. Wtf.

SJRB

Gold Member
How do I unlock Arno's tailored hood? It tells me I need to do the Food Chain co-op mission, which I did. But it's not unlocked. Are there failstates in the co-op mission that prevent unlocking?

Right now I can confirm that eurogamer is correct, the PS4 version gameplay is lower framerate than Xbox One.

Cut scenes are lower framerate in Xbox One than PS4, which is less important since you will be playing the game more than watching cutscenes.

Honestly though, I would wait on a deal for this game (or pick up at target B2G1 deal for an effective price cut) since the performance just lets the game down. For example, the combat system is compromised due to the low framerate - its just not as fun when its a near slideshow on either system.

The environment of Paris are stunning, as is the ambient life. Music is amazing. They updated the core mechanics so things like running down from up high is much easier.

But I think that people are better off waiting for patches, especially on PS4 (which has slower framerate in gameplay yet has the same low res rendering of the xbox one)

Basically, the content of the game looks good but the engine itself needs work (polish, fixing bugs etc)

How do I unlock Arno's tailored hood? It tells me I need to do the Food Chain co-op mission, which I did. But it's not unlocked. Are there failstates in the co-op mission that prevent unlocking?
Each coop mission has 3 rewards. You get one at random (with no repeats) when you finish it. So you might have to play that mission again once or twice if you want that item.

Anyone notice the game is also very unresponsive? Sometimes Arno would just hang onto ledges without climbing up until mashing up or x while holding R2 for a good 30 seconds.also during combat sometimes he would not attack and just stand there even though I am mashing on square while the enemies are just standing there. Don't even get me started on the frame drops. Also I noticed every time I am at the shop menu my ps4 gets really loud. This is the most unfinished and unpolished game on ps4 so far IMO.

Is there any outfit that let me go back to the hobo shirt before my dude got the Assassin outfit? I really want to role play my Jean Valjean fantasy.

mid83

So the ps4 version is my only option and its bar none the worse one right now? How disappointing :/ I hope this isn't a sign of things to come on future 3rd party games.

What do you guys think the odds are the frame rate issues will be fixed? Does ubisoft have a history of patching games or do they just let stuff stay broken?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I can forgive the quirks and the bugs as they have something pretty cool, provided they patch and optimize it a fair bit on all platforms.

But they've done a pretty damn good job from what I can tell so far,
Short webm:
http://a.pomf.se/akotso.webm
Christ the character animation is so good. :D Just did the hardest heist solo, and guessed the location of
the correct painting
. Got 70K.

Corpekata

Banned
what stuff? its worked for me for the most part

Not him but, for instance, when I unlock a chest it tells me I can go unlock it myself or my Nomad will go get it in 24 hours. But usually I can't actually unlock it myself, so I'm stuck with a wasted Nomad for 24 hours. Of the 3 I unlocked I was able to get 1 myself.

I've also redeemed the unique Uplay Nomad but cannot actually add her to my team, it just keeps asking me to redeem her.

what stuff? its worked for me for the most part

The whole Nomad Assassin thing. It's been grayed out for me since forever :-/

I've also redeemed the unique Uplay Nomad but cannot actually add her to my team, it just keeps asking me to redeem her.

Yup. Took away the UPoints or whatever the hell they're called but never gave me another assassin. I only have one and I have no idea where I got her or what to do with her.

Top Bottom