• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

UrbanRats

I'm very impressed with the lighting in this game (graphics in general should say).

ibq4zX2DqQcZcV.png

iex7uWh0Jnx8H.png

So... is there one platform that is performing better than others?
Xbox one or PS4?

What are the odds that they can fix or patch the issues?

Right now eurogamer is correct and the gameplay runs better on Xbox One

Cutscenes run better on PS4, but given that most of your time is spent playing it means get xbox one if you have both consoles

Ragona

I just played through Lords of the Fallen, which suffered from framedrops aswell but it didnt impact my experience that much;

As a comparism point, how much do the technical issues impact the experience on PS4? still unsure whether to pick this up or not.
Thank you in advance!!

I just played through Lords of the Fallen, which suffered from framedrops aswell but it didnt impact my experience that much;

As a comparism point, how much do the technical issues impact the experience on PS4? still unsure whether to pick this up or not.
Thank you in advance!!

There has been a few blilps here and there but nothing broken. It plays like the other games.

iNvid02

underneath all these technical glitches and companion app initiate helix point temporary boost point shit there seems to be a good game, really does remind of brotherhood which is one of the best compliments i can give it.

sort out the lod and pop in this engine suffers from and you have a seriously good looking game

I'm very impressed with the lighting in this game (graphics in general should say).

ibq4zX2DqQcZcV.png

iex7uWh0Jnx8H.png

I did some capture in the cut scenes and game play.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...605.1073741825.100002272974317&type=1&theater
I am very satisfy with the quality of the graphic in 1080p. I did got stuck a few times and had to go to PS4 menu to unstuck.

I love the random shit the IA characters are doing. Some dudes beating a drunk guy...two men carrys cart load of port to the tavern..etc.

Skux

I was wrong about the app chests, I thought each mission unlocked a chest and was wondering why they took ages to show up. Nope, each 3 missions unlocks a chest. So you have to do a mission branch 3 times (9 nomad missions) to get the three chests, multiply that by 3 for the whole area and it's 27 missions to unlock the 9 chests in an area.

Kiraly

Thank you in advance!!

Hardly unplayable. Think AC3 PS3 level at times. Plus the bugs you find on the internet are very infrequent and are mostly minor things like npc's clipping through stuff - stuff which you don't see after 5 seconds any more. Have personally not run into anything gamebreaking yet.

For those HUDles players. Can you share your options setup? I really want to give this a try.

I have player health and mission update on, everything else off. When I want to do something I do to the main map and set the marker first. I wish there is a minimal UI for the player health bar too.

So in order to unlock the improved prowler breeches, you just have to complete the Political Persecution Co-Op mission right? My brother did that last night and it didn't unlock...has something similar happened to anyone else?

So in order to unlock the improved prowler breeches, you just have to complete the Political Persecution Co-Op mission right? My brother did that last night and it didn't unlock...has something similar happened to anyone else?

I haven't done it. But is it possible that it is just one of the rewards from it? Most co op missions I have seen have three different rewards. You have to replay them and do better to get different ones I think

Muffdraul

The game looks great, but you can easily find many ugly places. The whole LOD stuff looks so bad and it's so obvious.
iTEvttIiDH0hg.jpg

No offense, but I'm going to venture a guess that whoever took that shot doesn't exactly have a top of the line GPU.

PC screen shots are kinda useless unless they come with the specs to put them in context.

I haven't done it. But is it possible that it is just one of the rewards from it? Most co op missions I have seen have three different rewards. You have to replay them and do better to get different ones I think

Ah okay. This isn't an RPG where you can get repeat gear I don't think, so I'm assuming that the maximum I would have to play that mission is based on the amount of possible rewards?

Have any patches/updates been released on PS4 to address performance issues?

I have the game pre-ordered at Futureshop, but I can wait 30 days before actually picking it up.

Ah okay. This isn't an RPG where you can get repeat gear I don't think, so I'm assuming that the maximum I would have to play that mission is based on the amount of possible rewards?

yeah, that makes sense. I havent replayed any co op missions. But I always notice a little meter in the bottom left that is labeled reward. It goes down when you get into open conflict. I am not sure if that is used for the item reward, or money reward though.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
So... is there one platform that is performing better than others?
Xbox one or PS4?

What are the odds that they can fix or patch the issues?

Xbone is least bad.

Ubi fixing shit is probably not that probable or easy based on every version being bad.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
No offense, but I'm going to venture a guess that whoever took that shot doesn't exactly have a top of the line GPU.

PC screen shots are kinda useless unless they come with the specs to put them in context.

Seriously. A situation like that screenshot in question has never happened in my time with the game on PC.

I've had this game still in the box for the last 2 days wondering if I should open it. Are ALL mediocre reviews because of technical problems, or is the game really bad?

I've enjoyed all of the Assassin's Creed games, but with so many other games coming out right now, if this one isn't worth spending time on, I'll return it for something else.

Namikaze1

I keep trying to play public coop but it goes on for minute searching for players. I can't play with friends because roughly 4-6 people on my list plays the game and they aren't on.

Lakitu

st5fu
Well, just put in a few hours. Spent the last couple of hours in Paris.

First of all, Paris is lovely. Love the time of day feature aswell. It's gorgeous to look at and take in the sights and landmarks.

The game of course is a mess, technically. The weird NPCs and their movements, low framerate in places and although it's not enough to ruin the game for me, it is immersion breaking. I really wish they concentrated on less NPCs and more on having the game stable.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying my time with the game. The new combat is great IMO, I love the stealth mechanics and assassinations feel so much more rewarding. I haven't even touched the meat of the game yet either.

It's a real problem.

Building LOD:

Grass rendering distance (pathetic):

And I have a GTX 980. The game looks good so long as everything in view is relatively close to the camera:

Kacho

I had a chance to play some Unity and performance issues aside it's actually not a bad game. I think my biggest issue are the chests that are locked behind the app.

RedAssedApe

Banned
It's a real problem.

Building LOD:

And I have a GTX 980. The game looks good so long as everything in view is relatively close to the camera:

i wish consoles had IQ that clean. i think the blur might help hide some of that lod stuff because i honestly don't really notice unless an npc is popping in. crowd density is so large and they are usually moving around so i don't really notice if something is in my periphery.

tunnel vision i guess but i also don't really run around looking for graphical issues. having too much fun with...

PARKOUR! heh

Skux

Man I don't know what's going on here but this game is very good, lol. It's great actually (aside from technical issues).

That's what gets me the most. Underneath the bugs and glitches and performance issues and clipping and companion app crap, there's a pretty good game here. The environment is spectacular, parkour and animations are amazing, co-op is a cool addition, and from what combat I've experienced, it's actually functional.

I guess this is what happens when Ubisoft can't delay a game.

Alienous

I've been listening to 'Chase by Chase Basis' from the AC:U soundtrack on repeat, after hearing in part of a playthrough, and darn is it really good sounding.

I haven't played the game yet, and have no plans on doing so unless it's patched and I can pick it up used, but I really wish they took the time to make sure it was polished. The art team (graphical and music-wise) brought their A-game.

Muffdraul

It's a real problem.

Building LOD:

I'm playing it on PS4 and sometimes I do like to look into the distance and take note of LOD, but I've never noticed any buildings looking that bad, like they're made of paper. It reminds me of when Halo CE came out on PC, and I had what at the time was a kick ass GeForce, I forget the model number but I had specifically bought it to get ready for Doom 3 and Half Life 2. Yet I could never get Halo to look as good as it did on Xbox. Obviously it ran at a much MUCH higher resolution, but there were just certain things about it that didn't seem to look as good to my eyes. I was never able to put my finger on exactly what the issue was, but this is reminding me of it somehow.

Top Bottom