• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Not him but, for instance, when I unlock a chest it tells me I can go unlock it myself or my Nomad will go get it in 24 hours. But usually I can't actually unlock it myself, so I'm stuck with a wasted Nomad for 24 hours. Of the 3 I unlocked I was able to get 1 myself.

I've also redeemed the unique Uplay Nomad but cannot actually add her to my team, it just keeps asking me to redeem her.

oh, ive never had that problem. I just mark the unlocked chest on the app, it shows up in my game, then I go and collect it as Arno.

Dazzyman

Just had a couple of bugs. Starting a mission xb1 controller disconnected. Had to press to get back on.

Then had a hard lock logging into uplay via the game.

Now it's stuck on loading saying "please wait". Not impressed as its only the 2nd mission, well prologue stuff. Looks like will have to delete my save game.

Ffs now I delete the save game and it crashes.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Renovate the cafe theatre and social clubs. I get 10k every 20 minutes.

And honestly fuck these assassination missions, I want fucking checkpoints back. I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't for having to repeat the optional criteria every single time.
Does the last theater upgrade bump your revenue up significantly? Because I've purchased every social club and purchased all but the last theater upgrade and my income is only ~130 per no minutes.

how exactly do u upgrade the cafe further. I did one mission that involved
books
, that was like at the very beginning of the game and I havent seen any other missions show up there since. Do you have to get a bit into the game to do more?

how exactly do u upgrade the cafe further. I did one mission that involved
books
, that was like at the very beginning of the game and I havent seen any other missions show up there since. Do you have to get a bit into the game to do more?
Did you renovate the Cafe? It opens up additional missions.

dex3108

Man.. this game started crashing alot on me lately. It basically always crashes when I enter the lower part of the map, cant do anything in there pretty much. Stuck on a Cafe mission, because its in there and everytime when I go there it crashes >_>

Verify game files. My game crashed once and i did that, UPlay downloaded 14mb and everything was fine after that :D

P.S. Even on my GTX 760 this game looks amazing

15597002439_2c231f2ee2_o.png

15598021800_d51676b51e_o.png

15597996900_5d5e13c577_o.png

Dazzyman

My xb1 copy has finally launched to game start again....man I hope they iron out these crashes and lookups quickly. I really don't want to have to delete my save again especially if I get far in, well when not if as love me some Creed action. Sort your shit out ubisoft pronto!

Muffdraul

Is there an icon for that anywhere? Ive never seen an option to renovate

I thought you had to do the first renovation to unlock the mission where you rescue the three books. I can't remember what the renovate icon looks like, but go inside the cafe and look for an open book sitting on a desk. It'll have the golden glowy light marker too.

I thought you had to do the first renovation to unlock the mission where you rescue the three books. I can't remember what the renovate icon looks like, but go inside the cafe and look for an open book sitting on a desk. It'll have the golden glowy light marker too.

oh, I found it. Its in the room with the income chest thingy. There isnt an icon for it, and I dont remember doing this at all lol

Damerman

What does the touch pad do in this? Having trouble with finding out via Google Fu.

When you click it, it opens the minimap. Not sure if you can use it to navigate the map in the PS4 version like in Black flag, but thats not possible in Unity. You use the sticks.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Been rumbling around Paris actually REALLY enjoying Unity for the most part (seems like single digit frame rates are a worked in feature of stained glass back in the day) BUT -

I remember seeing durring one of the Co-Op trailers there was an outfit someone had on with an unbuttoned shirt and very loose hood. I facking NEED that. I figured doing all of the assassin/side missions for the King of Beggars guy would be the ticket so i'm doing any of those missions as they pop up in his shitty little kingdom but going into the equipment menu and looking at what awaits unlocking does not instill much confidence in my chances at getting anything like what they showed.

What gives? Has anyone seen any outfit like this yet? Do "secret" unlocks pop up in the clothes or outfits section as you unlock them or is everything that's available showing up in the game on that screen?

If i can't be a carefree handsome bastard with the wind in my chest hair I just don't know If i can move forward with the story.

Corgi

Banned
some first thoughts after a few hours and 1st assassination:

- tried every weapon type. 1hand blunt weapons is where its at. has a nice thunk and its pretty fast.
- game is near unplayable at night. way too dark.
- murder mysteries are pretty neat.
- climbing is improved, but still not perfect.
- wish there was a way to do hand on hand combat.
- stealth kinda sucks still. which is weird after how decent stealth was in Watch_dogs.

Myggen

Giant Bomb gave the game a 2/5

Those issues can undoubtedly be fixed by a patch somewhere down the road, but that patch seems unlikely to fix Unity's biggest flaw: it's just not very much fun. For all its hugeness and graphical splendor, Unity is starved for excitement. It's much too concerned with a story that feels confused by itself, wasting potentially interesting allies and antagonists in much the same way that it wastes the rich, violent history of its time period. The most interesting missions in the game come far too late, representing glimpses of a better game than the one you just spent hours playing. Even as a tech demonstration, Unity fails to captivate outside of its stunning art design. It's less a signal of the great things this series can do with new technology than an unusually large, frequently malfunctioning retread of what Assassin's Creed is already well known for. Co-op play is the sole saving grace of Unity, the only aspect of the game that feels reasonably complete, but that co-op alone isn't enough to make up for the myriad other ways in which Unity is deeply, disappointingly deficient.

So the ps4 version is my only option and its bar none the worse one right now? How disappointing :/ I hope this isn't a sign of things to come on future 3rd party games.

What do you guys think the odds are the frame rate issues will be fixed? Does ubisoft have a history of patching games or do they just let stuff stay broken?

I think the signs are good that it will be patched but I wouldnt expect miracles in the short term. the game looks the same as the xbox one just poorer framerate so it depends on much you care about that. worse thing is how it affects combat - even xbox one version, which runs better, feels clunky in combat.

I'd say get it cheap like at the target B2G1 sale or wait eg play DAI, GTA V next week instead or far cry 4; I definitely wouldnt get it at full price thats for sure (I used the target deal)

Naite

Ugh. Was in the middle of soloing a level 5 co-op mission. For some reason the game wouldn't let me use the map or enter the menu halfway through the mission (it paused the game instead). Was almost finished but had to away the phone so I paused the game. When I came back I was standing outside the mission with the mission aborted automatically.

I'm just glad all the sync points I collected remained intact, though I still hate how there's hard to find collectables in co-op missions that are tied to upgrade points.

RedAssedApe

Banned
did they completely remove picking up bodies? liked stuffing them all in hay and closets. ai also seems to be less worried about dead bodies lying around in this game :)

Naite

did they completely remove picking up bodies? liked stuffing them all in hay and closets. ai also seems to be less worried about dead bodies lying around in this game :)

I miss randomly throwing bodies from rooftops. Also really miss picking up random weapons laying around as well.

So the ps4 version is my only option and its bar none the worse one right now? How disappointing :/ I hope this isn't a sign of things to come on future 3rd party games.

What do you guys think the odds are the frame rate issues will be fixed? Does ubisoft have a history of patching games or do they just let stuff stay broken?

Yes, they are working on the issue.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=932044&highlight=

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've been trying to find some videos showing the future/present stuff in the game, but it seems to be completely absent even from the game's ending.

Can someone just spoil what happens in all the Abstergo stuff?

Muffdraul

I thought that too, but then again, criminals are constantly killing people in the streets in broad daylight. I think the NPCs are just used to stepping over corpses.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For all its problems, I'll say this.
I really like France.
And I really like Arno. I thought he'd be an Ezio knockoff from the early stages, but he's really, really empathetic. Playing with French voice though, so I have no idea how he comes off in English.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Either some random assassin shows up in your game asking you to join or you go into the pause menu, scroll down to play together and press square to play co-op now and it put you in an open game.

You can also cursor over any co-op mission on the map to begin...

RedAssedApe

Banned
I miss randomly throwing bodies from rooftops. Also really miss picking up random weapons laying around as well.

yes! raining dead bodies...loved seeing the crowd reaction

I thought that too, but then again, criminals are constantly killing people in the streets in broad daylight. I think the NPCs are just used to stepping over corpses.

i'm going to just assume they are trying to be authentic to the setting and that people getting randomly murdered on the streets in front of them was just an everyday thing. its just kind of funny when you have the "kill criminal" crowd event.

yeah...so i just double-assassinated two dudes and no one in the crowd batted an eye.

Dazzyman

Well now that the horrendous start is out of the way with hard lockup and disconnect I've finally managed to do the first 3 story missions.

On the Xbox one I can't see any issues with the frame rate, it's not giving me motion sickness and can't say it's framey even running (digital full download). I'd say frame rate is the same as Assassins creed 2 on 360, not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

The graphics are gorgeous and gob smacked how many peeps are on screen. The audio is out of whack tho for speaking so knocked rest down. So far I like it a lot, got a very good Creed 2 vibe and the free running climbing down is very intuitive. I know it's more of the same but that's what I want, there isn't another series like that for me and the wife (who's fav series is Creed and 4).

saunderez

After encountering a few single frame moments today I'm convinced most of the slowdown is caused by bugs. One time this happened I was climbing the cathedral, but Arno was hovering about an inch off the wall. When I tried to climb right the frame rate tanked and Arno just kept glitching back and forward like he was stuck in a loop and the game couldn't determine what animation to use to climb right (probably due to not actually being on the wall). I climbed left and the framerate went back up. I climbed right again, same thing happened. I can't really think of any times where slowdown has been bad that I haven't been climbing so I'm starting to think all of the slowdown is related to the system that decides on the animations.

Joeki11a

Banned
So any of you know if Rogue's connection to this game is mindblowing important?
I dont know but probably is?.

I played unity and rogue for about 5 hours each and Rogues character building story is amazing, compared to Unity which basically
feels too much like a horny kid's decisions causing issues, honestly its boring as hell
Armo is a douchy wannabe Ezio.

Rogue story is way more grasping and interesting. Almost has a AC3 feels of character building.

I will finish Rogue first, clearly feels legit in terms of story, I hope the connection to Unity makes that story more interesting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So any of you know if Rogue's connection to this game is mindblowing important?
I dont know but probably is?.

I played unity and rogue for about 5 hours each and Rogues character building story is amazing, compared to Unity which basically
feels too much like a horny kid's decisions causing issues, honestly its boring as hell
Armo is a douchy wannabe Ezio.

Rogue story is way more grasping and interesting. Almost has a AC3 feels of character building.

I will finish Rogue first, clearly feels legit in terms of story, I hope the connection to Unity makes that story more interesting.

Based on what I have been able to piece together, and without spoiling, the connection with the Abstergo stuff is light at best.

The actual historical stuff seems to have Rogue lead into Unity, although not explicitly.

Top Bottom