• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Hi everyone - the social club interface is as buggy as hell on the PC, but I've invited everyone who's sent me a friend request (needed apparently for whatever reason) on Uplay. The PC social club is called Neogaf, so if you want to join either search for it by name and then send a request to join or you can send me a friend request on Uplay and I'll add you and invite you once I get it.

Apologies for any delay in doing this - the interface is really crappy and buggy.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The present day stuff in this game says to me that Ubi has no idea what to do with it anymore. Its gone completely and relegated to a few cutscenes and voice over.

I think theyve heard criticisms that a lot of people hated how it took them out of the game, but at the same time...it's kind of impossible to that context out of the series now.

Do you guys think Unity's approach to the present day was the right move?

I think it's better than the past in the sense that they keep it to a minimum, but I would have preferred if we were less directly involved in this. I like the idea of hackers trying to get secrets out of a shady corporation trying to rule the world, but keep it mysterious from game to game, I don't want to see them. It was too late for this after AC2 and up though.

But the idea that you are now the character in the present is a lot better than the Scooby Do gang crap they had before. They need to make it that the present day stuff is for you to dig into if you want, not make it core to the story. Then just use first civ artifacts to add some omph in the past, like the bullet-reflecting armor in ACIV or some super powers, etc., but keep it mysterious.

These chests that require you to play Nomads to unlock are fucking retarded. Who the hell do they think plays their games? Why would anyone want parts of their $60 retail game to be locked behind stupid mobile app activities that no one wants to do?

Isn't it the same as training your dog in GTAV? It is dumb though. GTA did it right, I don't want to see the chests. Make them appear if I have the app or some such and play it, not the other way around.

These chests that require you to play Nomads to unlock are fucking retarded. Who the hell do they think plays their games? Why would anyone want parts of their $60 retail game to be locked behind stupid mobile app activities that no one wants to do?

-Deimos

The present day stuff in this game says to me that Ubi has no idea what to do with it anymore. Its gone completely and relegated to a few cutscenes and voice over.

I think theyve heard criticisms that a lot of people hated how it took them out of the game, but at the same time...it's kind of impossible to that context out of the series now.

I like it, but then again I always liked the modern day stuff.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm Corpekata on Uplay if anyone wants to play some online. Probably not until the weekend as I'm still feeling the game out before I jump online.

Lizardus

There is a hay cart inside there. I came in from above, by getting the key, and I also killed the guy meeting him. Its on the left side, near the confessional booth. So, go in from above, drop down into hay. Wait for main guy and his guards to walk by to the confessional booth. Assassinate the one in the back, thats 1. Quickly sneak into the confessional booth, that counts as the second kill from hiding.

Lol
there is a fucking hay cart INSIDE the Notre Dame church?

Thanks for the reply, will try it.

only thing I dislike about the app is just how long some of these take, Ive started some that are upwards of 10 hours to complete. I will get them done as I am a completionist, but that is too long.

So could I add you guys on Uplay? I only have Unity in Uplay, it would be better to add it to Steam. Is there a way this can be done?
Do it in uplay. More or less pretty self explanatory. Add me on Uplay if you'd like a buddy. Uplay ID:Krappadizzle. On PC.

I also started a club called BestFriendsClub if anyone would like to join. Membership open to best friends or potential best friends(it's all in good fun)

Skyzard

Banned
So could I add you guys on Uplay? I only have Unity in Uplay, it would be better to add it to Steam. Is there a way this can be done?

I'm Corpekata on Uplay if anyone wants to play some online. Probably not until the weekend as I'm still feeling the game out before I jump online.

Do it in uplay. More or less pretty self explanatory. Add me on Uplay if you'd like a buddy. Uplay ID:Krappadizzle.

I also started a club called BestFriendsClub if anyone would like to join. Membership open to best friends or potential best friends(it's all in good fun)

Sent some friend invites your way from uplay for co-op whenever. Quote for ID:

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
playing Unity on the Xbox has reminded me how much I don't like playing multiplatform games on this thing. the black crush makes this game look dark as fuck. and when I turn the brightness up, it still looks really off.

TheRed

I've seen a few bugs in this game like everyone else. Right now I was just having a grand time exploring Paris and climbing viewpoints When everything froze but I still had full camera control and could use menus. It was actually kinda cool. Wish I could do it at will.

http://youtu.be/JMOWecPW_pM

I also added some of you PC guys on Uplay. My ID is Redsox47. Might not play again tonight but definitely would like to give co-op a try with people because I haven't done any of it yet.

Have to say, the level of detail in this game is incredible, its by far the most believable city in any AC. A real city back then would have garbadge everywhere & this game reflects that. It also often looks amazing too, and I particularly like that there is a lot of color, its not just beige like some of the preview videos showed. Having interiors helps a lot too in variety, realism and immersion.

Gameplay systems wise its surprisingly fun lock picking since there is equipment to spend it on. Auto navigate down is a big improvement that needs to be in all sequels, combat is decent but really needs a better frame rate, I enjoyed melee more after buying new weapon types.

The frame rate is still lower than I'd like on Xbox one but its usually playable. If they can patch this game to run better, at least as good on xbone for PS4 but preferably better, this is definetly the best AC setting in terms of size, detail and life.

Game doesn't really start for real until you have done a few Paris story missions, at a minimum unlock your skills and equipment. Game started to click at that point.

Making games out of the Animus has always been one of Abstergo's stated objectives since the first game.

Yeah. The gaming stuff is all a front for Abstergo to funnel money into the Animus development and track down the pieces of Eden.

Also, all the bugs in the game can be explained by simply saying the Animus is buggy. Not the game.

fade_

Via Linustechtips

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic...-xb1-version-has-better-textures-than-the-pc/

Apparently Xbox One's textures are a step up from the PC versions. More pics in the link/vid Crazy if true.

1926226_728750223873401_5906414803537110511_o.jpg

Ashtar

So Despite all the negative press I'm enjoying this game a lot. I do have some questions though.
Is uplay not working? It claims I don't have an initiates account when I'm sure I do and I my account name doesn't show up.

Is the mobile app working? I'm playing it without the mini map but I like to have it a glance away on my ipad but if uplay is down I don't have much hope for it.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Played a bit more of this train wreck of a game. Played up to the part that you become an assassin and I ready to chuck this thing in the fucking trash. Not only did the frame rate drop into the single digits multiple times (even in a fucking cut scene) but got to the most offensive part of the game, FUCKING HACK POINTS!!

Not only is almost all the armor in game ready to be used right away it can be bought with real money. Its not even hidden in some sub menu its right fucking there on the equipment screen!

Fuck this game, Ubisoft turned me a Die hard Assassin Creed fan off the franchise, I even loved part 3. Way to go!

Wonder if Best Buy would take it back on the count it plays so poorly on the PS4...

If not maybe I'll come back to it after some patch or some shit in hopes they at lest fix the horrid frame rate.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Played a bit more of this train wreck of a game. Played up to the part that you become an assassin and I ready to chuck this thing in the fucking trash. Not only did the frame rate drop into the single digits multiple times (even in a fucking cut scene) but got to the most offensive part of the game, FUCKING HACK POINTS!!

Not only is almost all the armor in game ready to be used right away it can be bought with real money. Its not even hidden in some sub menu its right fucking there on the equipment screen!

Fuck this game, Ubisoft turned me a Die hard Assassin Creed fan off the franchise, I even loved part 3. Way to go!

Wonder if Best Buy would take it back on the count it plays so poorly on the PS4...

If not maybe I'll come back to it after some patch or some shit in hopes they at lest fix the horrid frame rate.

it don't really understand the rage about the hack points. it actually doesn't take that long to earn enough in game money to buy them...i'd be more annoyed with having to play stuff in the companion app. do the cafe missions and you'll start earning money quick. you've barely even played the game if you just became an assassin...

ubiblu

Yeah, I don't know what everyone is carrying on about. Like a sensible person, I rebuilt my PS4 database and downloaded the update before playing. I've had some drops to maybe 20-25 during some cutscenes and in crowd dense areas, but the rest has been a solid 26+ fps. My internet connection has jumped in and out and will try again tonight with it off, but I'm surprisingly okay with my experience so far. Not optimal by a long shot, but nowhere near the doom and gloom 'unplayable mess' people are talking about. Story seems on par or the series, and the world looks beautiful (save for th dull roofs). Good game, glad I bought it.

Skux

only thing I dislike about the app is just how long some of these take, Ive started some that are upwards of 10 hours to complete. I will get them done as I am a completionist, but that is too long.

Yeah it seems like an obvious way to get people to continually engage with the game, and sucks for the hardcore folks who want to get everything in big sessions.

Works for me though, I don't have time for marathon sessions these days.

fade_

Idk I feel like my game looked like the one on the left. I remember thinking it looked good and I doubt I would've thought that if it looked like that PC picture. Or maybe I'm misremembering it.

Could be just someone not using ultra high setting to troll us. Id trust GAF over some site i never heard of before and multiple people saying its similar to left so...

Corpekata

Banned
It's basically Kenway's Fleet except without the extremely sensible option that game had to speed up your friend's boats.

I just don't know who it's for. Who's going to be hardcore enough to be constantly doing these missions given it will take HUGE chunks of time to get most of the treasures. The hardcore people like that are probably going to plow through the game by the time they unlock most stuff.

DOWN

Banned
Yeah, I don't know what everyone is carrying on about. Like a sensible person, I rebuilt my PS4 database and downloaded the update before playing. I've had some drops to maybe 20-25 during some cutscenes and in crowd dense areas, but the rest has been a solid 26+ fps. My internet connection has jumped in and out and will try again tonight with it off, but I'm surprisingly okay with my experience so far. Not optimal by a long shot, but nowhere near the doom and gloom 'unplayable mess' people are talking about. Story seems on par or the series, and the world looks beautiful (save for th dull roofs). Good game, glad I bought it.

The game crashed and forced me to rebuild database on day one lol

But yes it is playable for sure

RedAssedApe

Banned
Could be just someone not using ultra high setting to troll us. Id trust GAF over some site i never heard of before and multiple people saying its similar to left so...

or one of the various graphical bugs where the textures are popping in. silly people. we've already seen screenshots where the IQ of the PC version is way better than the consoles.

Messiek

I must've unlocked it by mashing the right combination of buttons! Thanks Ubisoft!

A photo mode really would be damn good in this game.

From a post on Reddit by maxagun and the game's manual :
"hide the HUD at anytime in game by pressing and holding the R3 button (hold down the right control stick, for PC it's Hold the "C" key)."

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
it don't really understand the rage about the hack points. it actually doesn't take that long to earn enough in game money to buy them...i'd be more annoyed with having to play stuff in the companion app...

For me its how its presented. I don't usually buy that stuff anyways but most games make it easy to ignore. This crap is right in your face any time u want to change your gear. Hell don't think you can upgrade your stuff with out hack points, at least when I went over my sword it only gave me the option to upgrade with hack points and not in game money.

Its like the worse of a Freemium game in my full retail game, if you want to pull this shit make the game free. Then I know not to get near it.

Phionoxx

I've seen a few bugs in this game like everyone else. Right now I was just having a grand time exploring Paris and climbing viewpoints When everything froze but I still had full camera control and could use menus. It was actually kinda cool. Wish I could do it at will.

http://youtu.be/JMOWecPW_pM

I also added some of you PC guys on Uplay. My ID is Redsox47. Might not play again tonight but definitely would like to give co-op a try with people because I haven't done any of it yet.

PC version right? This seems to be a pretty widespread problem. Lots of people getting this glitch or having the game outright crash whenever they visit the two southeast sectors of Paris. Happens every time for me. There is a theater mission down there I can't complete because of this glitch, I just don't go to that part of the map anymore.

DOWN

Banned
"hide the HUD at anytime in game by pressing and holding the R3 button (hold down the right control stick, for PC it's Hold the "C" key)."

Thats not photo mode. The game still puts up a bunch of icons in the world and the camera is locked to Arno in the middle of the screen. It's just a somewhat HUD off option which is pretty, but not at all a photo mode.

TheRed

Well yea that's how I'm playing but more options like timestop would make for some cooler action shots instead of most screenshots being just standing still.

RedAssedApe

Banned
For me its how its presented. I don't usually buy that stuff anyways but most games make it easy to ignore. This crap is right in your face any time u want to change your gear. Hell don't think you can upgrade your stuff with out hack points, at least when I went over my sword it only gave me the option to upgrade with hack points and not in game money.

Its like the worse of a Freemium game in my full retail game, if you want to pull this shit make the game free. Then I know not to get near it.

i'd have to look at them more closely but i think that might be because some of the items can't be unlocked unless you play the companian app. so yeah that part is shitty. i dont think there are any in game items that can only be unlocked using real world money

Skux

The idea is great, but the execution has been botched every single time and now it feels like they've all but thrown out the concept. All it does now is inform the UI design. I think the modern day "end of the world" story was a bad idea from the very start as it forced the story into a climax which had to be delayed again and again by AC2 sequels and lost all its forward drive. It would have been much better to keep the modern story open-ended, for example have each game focus on a handful of Pieces of Eden - basically a sci-fi version of Uncharted where you go digging through the past via genetic memory to help you recover treasures and keep them from the Templars.

AC1 had the best implementation of the animus. It really left like you were wandering through a simulation of someone else's memories and all the "gamey" elements like invisible walls, life bars, everyone speaking English in the Middle East, and time skips were accounted for in the lore of the animus. All of these have become lost as the game moved to a more open world setting and fell back on traditional mechanics like health bars.

wait, do u get Helix credits at some point in the story? I wasnt really paying attention to that at all, I just happened to see in the menu that I have 420. I didnt do any microtransactions or anything

Messiek

Thats not photo mode. The game still puts up a bunch of icons in the world and the camera is locked to Arno in the middle of the screen. It's just a somewhat HUD off option which is pretty, but not at all a photo mode.

Well yea that's how I'm playing but more options like timestop would make for some cooler action shots instead of most screenshots being just standing still.

Yeah, it would be nice to have a photo mode like Infamous and tlou had.
Although, Ubisoft is like : "That photo mode we added is perfect. Perfect just like the whole game."

TheRed

PC version right? This seems to be a pretty widespread problem. Lots of people getting this glitch or having the game outright crash whenever they visit the two southeast sectors of Paris. Happens every time for me. There is a theater mission down there I can't complete because of this glitch, I just don't go to that part of the map anymore.

Well that's good to know, was the first time I've been in that area,kinda sucks because it looks really nice. And yea I just replicated it easily by running in that direction again,

Messiek

wait, do u get Helix credits at some point in the story? I wasnt really paying attention to that at all, I just happened to see in the menu that I have 420. I didnt do any microtransactions or anything

You should blaze it .
Sry, I tried. But the joke was right there.

Skux

Is it possible to start a new game and replay the prologue and everything?

Why isn't there an option for multiple files...or am I missing something?

I think it's tied to one save because your single player and multiplayer progress are tied together. I know, there's no reason why it shouldn't. But I guess they really wanted to sell the persistent online element.

DOWN

Banned
The idea is great, but the execution has been botched every single time and now it feels like they've all but thrown out the concept. All it does now is inform the UI design. I think the modern day "end of the world" story was a bad idea from the very start as it forced the story into a climax which had to be delayed again and again by AC2 sequels and lost all its forward drive. It would have been much better to keep the modern story open-ended, for example have each game focus on a handful of Pieces of Eden - basically a sci-fi version of Uncharted where you go digging through the past via genetic memory to help you recover treasures and keep them from the Templars.

AC1 had the best implementation of the animus. It really left like you were wandering through a simulation of someone else's memories and all the "gamey" elements like invisible walls, life bars and time skips were accounted for in the lore of the animus. All of these have become lost as the game moved to a more open world setting and fell back on traditional mechanics like health bars.

I think 1 and Brotherhood were definitely the ones where I was actually excited to hear more of the corporate conspiracy. Revelations had a chilling narration, but otherwise was sub par in execution like the other entries.

I think it's tied to one save because your single player and multiplayer progress are tied together. I know, there's no reason why it shouldn't. But I guess they really wanted to sell the persistent online element.

So you can only play the prologue once? Because you can't access it again from the progress tracker.

This is some bullshit if true.

Top Bottom