• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Greenlock

Neo Member
Man... Is anyone else having issues with stealth sections? They spot you almost instantly and it's so obnoxious going into fights. Also I get one/two hit a lot...

I miss the easy combat of previous games now. I shouldnt have wished for this game to be more difficult.

I've find the combat to be easy enough as long as I remember to time parries and rolls accurately. The snipers and pistols can be rolled away from if you pay attention to the red icon signaling when they are about to shoot. If they are too much trouble you could just kill the dudes on rooftops first.

As for the stealth it seems to be weirdly hard at times but frequent use of eagle sight and just waiting for guards to turn their backs on you makes things easier.

AHindD

Just thought I'd share the cost of 'helix' coins on the Australian SEN store:
jP3p73s.png

This includes ONLY helix coins, nothing else. Insane. I'm just glad it has no reviews, hence potentially no purchases.

I heard that "some of those ruffians stole my key" during an early assassination. So I get the Ruffians to attack me and I run off a bit and let the guards attack them. Then the guards turned on me.

:\

I wasn't aggressive to anyone.

Autofokus

Destiny wasn't 1080p on Xbox One until shortly before release. They didn't confirm it until June and at that point it wasn't even there yet, they just said they were going to after the SDK update. The beta wasn't even 1080 in July despite the game going gold in mid August.

Resolution is supposedly one of the last technical numbers that gets pinned down.

You can't really compare those two. First, the performance was the same (basically locked 30fps) and second, we don't know how near they were hitting 1080p -- but seeing the final version (of Destiny) they probably weren't far off.

But 1080/60 is nearly the 4x performance target (from 900/20-30ish), claiming something like this just a few months before release...yeah, like I said, a simple lie. And seeing those assets in play (many of them look truly great), they were obviously never aiming for 60fps in the first place.

Hagi

Just played the first prologue with young Arno and man does this game looks amazing. The soundtrack is really good as well.

I turned it to French pretty much straight away which I think was a good idea as the little I head of the British vo was a bit jarring.

Massa

Eh... that story seems incredibly suspect to me. I mean:

"Although at first, Bruno was not sure what the resolution and frame rate targets were, but he eventually revealed to GamingBolt that they are indeed targeting 1080p resolution and 60fps for both consoles."

No direct quotes at all. I imagine that conversation consisted of Gaming Bolt pushing to get a direct quote (and failing), all for the hits a resolution-framerate story would get. That's shoddy journalism at best.

ViciousDS

Banned
dear god the scale of paris.....holy shit, so many districts.....fuck this game is going to take a long time to find everything.

Was trying to find a chest underneath the church last night and one of the gates had missing gears or something? Where do I find said gears to fix the mechanic to open the door to the chest below Notre Dame de Paris?

dreamfall

Getting close to the end of Sequence 4, having a good ol' time.

But man, when Ubisoft servers go down and then come back online, my game completely freezes. Twice tonight that occurred (PS4), second time was a hard reset.

I also played a two person mission where the other guy/gal kept dying. After awhile I got sick of wasting my medicine on them- and they respawned anyway. Are there checkpoint respawns?

Rocking my orange robes, like hey citizen don't mind me. Such stealth!

Holy shit you can free roam in co op?
I just joined a random game (start menu) and we don't have any missions. We're currently roaming around doing chaos lol. Maybe you have to unlock free roam?

Message at the beginning: "You joined the world of ****"

Mind blown?

DrBo42

Holy shit you can free roam in co op?
I just joined a random game (start menu) and we don't have any missions. We're currently roaming around doing chaos lol. Maybe you have to unlock free roam?

Message at the beginning: "You joined the world of ****"

Mind blown?

Yeah, there's just a invite to world or invite to game option. It's not bound to missions.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Been playing for hour [ps4] so far so good, haven't seen any major dips in framerate and the game looks beautiful but I can tell it's not 1080p.
I've been watching the NPC'S too for pop ins but nothing so far probably happens with loads on screen

Autofokus

Eh... that story seems incredibly suspect to me. I mean:

"Although at first, Bruno was not sure what the resolution and frame rate targets were, but he eventually revealed to GamingBolt that they are indeed targeting 1080p resolution and 60fps for both consoles."

No direct quotes at all. I imagine that conversation consisted of Gaming Bolt pushing to get a direct quote (and failing), all for the hits a resolution-framerate story would get. That's shoddy journalism at best.

Maybe you're right, maybe not - I don't know. But it got picked up by various (big) sites (even more so after that dumb 'avoid debates and stuff' quote) and Ubi had more than enough time to retract/deny that statement. They didn't, which probably means it fit their PR narrative and went with it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I heard that "some of those ruffians stole my key" during an early assassination. So I get the Ruffians to attack me and I run off a bit and let the guards attack them. Then the guards turned on me.

:\

I wasn't aggressive to anyone.

I do like that guards, if you piss them off mildly by bumping into them and then let them confront you, simply give you a shove and a warning, and then leave you be. I don't remember the guards in any of the other Assassin's Creeds ever being that friendly. Makes me actually care about not killing them. Sorta.

Also, minimal HUD is the way to play the game once you grasp all of the controls. It's sweet, instead of using a minimap, I learn landmarks and climb tall buildings to survey for nearby goodies and missions. Plus you get a completely clear screen-space 90% of the time.

Yibby

dear god the scale of paris.....holy shit, so many districts.....fuck this game is going to take a long time to find everything.

Was trying to find a chest underneath the church last night and one of the gates had missing gears or something? Where do I find said gears to fix the mechanic to open the door to the chest below Notre Dame de Paris?

You have to do a sidemission that leads you to the underground.

DrBo42

So has anyone else been attempting to solo the co-op missions?

Yeah. Very doable. Heists are a little too easy as well, the highest one "It Belongs in a Museum!" or whatever the Indy reference is I've been farming at diamond two with like a 50k payout. I've farmed it to a point where I have much better equipment than I should at this point in the game, making the story difficulty a joke.

Did they actually quietly fixed the major issues? ( X1 )Was at the Cathedral and not a single dip while climbing or just roaming around..plays very smooth.

Same thing outside the map, no chopping, slowdowns..etc. Think they shut down Uplay app till they have a fix for that constant connection what was causing in frame drops/slowdowns.

Honestly a whole nother game now fellaz...Ballin'

hohoXD123

Just started playing it. Aside from an NPC having a disturbing fit while facing the wall, pop-ins and obvious framerate issues, it's not too bad, certainly not unplayable. Interiors look amazing and traversal is genuinely fun. Still, really wish they'd hurry up with those patches.

@Wreck

Yeah. Very doable. Heists are a little too easy as well, the highest one "It Belongs in a Museum!" or whatever the Indy reference is I've been farming at diamond two with like a 50k payout. I've farmed it to a point where I have much better equipment than I should at this point in the game, making the story difficulty a joke.

thats a great tip i'm going to try and throw myself at that mission lol

ced

I don't know why I thought this game was going to be improved, it's the same old shit.

The stealth sucks, the combat sucks and it runs like dog shit on PS4.

I am slightly interested in the characters and story but fuck why can't they just make these games fun.

Did they actually quietly fixed the major issues? ( X1 )Was at the Cathedral and not a single dip while climbing or just roaming around..plays very smooth.

Same thing outside the map, no chopping, slowdowns..etc. Think they shut down Uplay app till they have a fix for that constant connection what was causing in frame drops/slowdowns.

Honestly a whole nother game now fellaz...Ballin'

Can anyone else confirm this? Have they shut down some online bullshit today to improve performance?

kubus

Fucking hell just did one assassination mission completely perfect, hadn't been seen once and fulfilled all the secondary objectives, completed all assassination opportunities things. Then the assassination itself went wrong so I used Restart checkpoint...

It put me at the very beginning of the level, making 30 minutes of progress moot. Have to do everything all over again :(

I'm kinda confused though, anyone care to explain this to me? Chapter 10 spoilers:
How do you do the poison assassination? I stole the wine but when I approached Peletier in his room the option disappeared (which is why I restarted the checkpoint). I assume I have to be somewhere else to poison his wine?

Edit: nevermind I figured it out!

woen

So has anyone else been attempting to solo the co-op missions?

Tried a ** and a ****. Failed both because they're clearly not designed for one player, especially if you're at the beginning with low stuff/low skills.

It's a fucking mess with random players, I'm always with the dumbest people on earth ("lol let's fail our objectives and battle every single guard")

theDeeDubs

The further I get into this game the more I love it. It's becoming my favorite AC game. I think I'm getting used to the frame rate or maybe it's just the areas my recent missions have been in haven't been quite as bad. That being said this is coming from someone who thought Black Flag was a big step down from AC3 and Rev.

Top Bottom