• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Gaz_RB

Missed the haystack.

ibvVl0nokqCvtD.gif

This is hilarious...

Fee

Live update blog says that Patch 2 is coming very soon, apparently.

More fixes may be incoming "soon", but this game is so technically undercooked that it's going to take months to get it point where it should have been at launch.

During a 3 hour play session today, i fell through the world twice, and fell through roof tops twice and got stuck in walls and had to reload the checkpoint. I'm gonna stop myself from ranting about the long list of other shit that isn't working correctly. This game was clearly pushed out the door to meet a release date way before it was ready, and even if the game was a 10/10 i would still have huge issues micro transactions that are included. It's weird for me to be this disappointed/frustrated with a game i wasn't even looking forward to all that much, i feel bad for those that genuinely love the franchise.

More fixes may be incoming "soon", but this game is so technically undercooked that it's going to take months to get it point where it should have been at launch.

During a 3 hour play session today, i fell through the world twice, and fell through roof tops twice and got stuck in walls and had to reload the checkpoint. I'm gonna stop myself from ranting about the long list of other shit that isn't working correctly. This game was clearly pushed out the door to meet a release date way before it was ready, and even if the game was a 10/10 i would still have huge issues micro transactions that are included. It's weird for me to be this disappointed/frustrated with a game i wasn't even looking forward to all that much, i feel bad for those that genuinely love the franchise.

falling through stuff is going to be in the first patch, which is supposedly almost done.

Dahbomb

I didn't get the fall through glitch for two days (basically since launch of game) but today I got two of them in quick succession.

There's a side mission that you do where you get Guillotine items for an executioner. I did the mission and when I came to speak to him I was unable to speak with him. The target marker was wrongfully placed and thus I was unable to complete the mission. I didn't try it again and instead played some other side mission.

There's also a glitch which is very common where your mission tracking data disappears even though the mission is still active. Happened 3 times today, had to restart those missions. You can technically still complete the missions during this but you just won't know where exactly to go on the map.

I am still having trouble joining co op games or even hosting them. Hopefully they fix that because from what I have played of the co op missions as solo, they are fairly fun.

I consider myself lucky. Managed to beat the story and do most of the stuff I wanted to with only one major glitch where I fell through the ground.

Otherwise it was just minor NPC's bugging out and clipping. Now to trade this game in while it still holds any semblance of value and never think of it again.

Has anyone done a murder mystery called Hand of Science? I think it may be glitched for me. There are more locations to investigate, but they arent showing up on my map

Dahbomb

Has anyone done a murder mystery called Hand of Science? I think it may be glitched for me. There are more locations to investigate, but they arent showing up on my map
Not that particular mission but this has happened quite a few times on a number of other missions. The locations are still there but of course it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

The first time anomaly is absolutely gorgeous. Such beautiful lighting and art design. The
digital lines also add a cool feel to it.

And during that sequence, no frame rate issues, lol. If only the whole game was that smooth. I'd love an entire AC game just composed of insanely cool time anomalies.

This game is absolutely incredible in what they were able to achieve graphically and artistically. It's a shame it gets so much shit, I feel it is one of the most incredible artistic achievements in this medium. I can understand why people would totally not like the gameplay and get annoyed with the fps/bugs. But I'm constantly blown away.

The gameplay is aight though.

Dahbomb

The first time anomaly is absolutely gorgeous. Such beautiful lighting and art design. The
digital lines also add a cool feel to it.

And during that sequence, no frame rate issues, lol. If only the whole game was that smooth. I'd love an entire AC game just composed of insanely cool time anomalies.
You mean the Rifts? Yea they are dope.

They have no technical issues because they don't have insane crowd densities. Then again they are also less open world and more scripted linear corridor sequences.

You mean the Rifts? Yea they are dope.

They have no technical issues because they don't have insane crowd densities. Then again they are also less open world and more scripted linear corridor sequences.

I know, but they are just super, super gorgeous to look at and cool to "play". If they could make the entire game that smooth, just wow.

But seriously, an entire game made up of fractured time periods, that would be wicked. Their art teams could go wild.

I have the game running beautifully on my pc, but I can't get over how the character handles like a car in mud

Any tips for this?

Why isn't there an option to have the character always run, and have right trigger activate walk instead?

Rsinart

Well decided to pick up the game even with the complaints of slowdown and pop in issues. But you know what is worse then even them? The fact that they put shit in the game you need to use an app for or that initiates program to unlock. Both of which I can't seem to get working. Meaning my map is filled with shit that I can't get. Besides that the game is fine, the framerate and popin hasn't been anything serious enough to effect the gameplay so far. But making things in you game that need a secondary device to use and then not have it even work with the game annoys me.

Naite

I had that issue the Brothel murder mystery. To fix it, start a different murder mystery so that it cancels your current one and switch back and try again. I had to do that twice before it worked.

Well decided to pick up the game even with the complaints of slowdown and pop in issues. But you know what is worse then even them? The fact that they put shit in the game you need to use an app for or that initiates program to unlock. Both of which I can't seem to get working. Meaning my map is filled with shit that I can't get. Besides that the game is fine, the framerate and popin hasn't been anything serious enough to effect the gameplay so far. But making things in you game that need a secondary device to use and then not have it even work with the game annoys me.

Don't worry you don't need them for 100%.

Bruiserk

How does the coop work in this game? Can I play through the whole game coop or only certain missions? Are those certain missions story missions or specific coop missions?

I know, but they are just super, super gorgeous to look at and cool to "play". If they could make the entire game that smooth, just wow.

But seriously, an entire game made up of fractured time periods, that would be wicked. Their art teams could go wild.

Almost like it'd be a "Quantum Leap" forward in gameplay possibilities.

How does the coop work in this game? Can I play through the whole game coop or only certain missions? Are those certain missions story missions or specific coop missions?

It doesn't work for me at all unfortunately on PC. Keep getting 0x60000001 error. Once it worked. Shut it down to do something else and now back to this.

Kabouter

Specific missions only afaik, because a lot of other missions in the game say '1 player max' when you look at them on the map. I've only done a single co-op mission though and only finished sequence 2, so I can't speak more on where they fit in.

Midgus

Neo Member
Played a bit more of this, ive not had any major problems, loving the way this game looks and feels to play, the city just looks incredible along with the customisation loving that too.

just wish there was a assassins creed 2 outfit :(

GRaider81

This game is absolutely incredible in what they were able to achieve graphically and artistically. It's a shame it gets so much shit, I feel it is one of the most incredible artistic achievements in this medium. I can understand why people would totally not like the gameplay and get annoyed with the fps/bugs. But I'm constantly blown away.

The gameplay is aight though.

I said something similar in the other thread. The detail in the environments is fantastic.

Out with all of the stupid bugs though, I'm not digging the 900p. It's way too blurry and I'm glad it's something I haven't experienced much on PS4 (I'm playing unity on X1). The game would look beautiful in 1080p on either console.

Played a bit more of this, ive not had any major problems, loving the way this game looks and feels to play, the city just looks incredible along with the customisation loving that too.

just wish there was a assassins creed 2 outfit :(

There is. I have it. You can unlock it with that a Unity App I think. That or by signing into the initiates bullshit. Can't remember which.

NovaCross

Neo Member
So I just experienced my first issue. My game was actually running perfect since launch but it Auto-Saved somewhere buggy - Now every time I try to load my Auto Save file, it crashes. I can't even get into the actual game now.

DOWN

Banned
So I just experienced my first issue. My game was actually running perfect since launch but it Auto-Saved somewhere buggy - Now every time I try to load my Auto Save file, it crashes. I can't even get into the actual game now.
Okay, game breaking bugs official

There is. I have it. You can unlock it with that a Unity App I think. That or by signing into the initiates bullshit. Can't remember which.
Not sure if he means that one, as it is the Brotherhood outfit. There's no AC II outfit.

glaurung

1507216_10202304070877307_4027530385745399093_o.jpg

Saw this in paper today...

...so PS4 users, think the game could do 60fps?
Is that a... newspaper clipping? Having studied quite a bit of journalism in Uni, I can safely claim that most journalists are complete idiots. This guy seems to fit the bill.

One of my favorite parts about the game and right before you enter it you could see how well the game runs without all the NPC's. I really wish it was like that before, because I enjoyed that sections so much. And heck yeah I would welcome an entire game of that.

Man... Is anyone else having issues with stealth sections? They spot you almost instantly and it's so obnoxious going into fights. Also I get one/two hit a lot...

I miss the easy combat of previous games now. I shouldnt have wished for this game to be more difficult.

iNvid02

Someone needs to hack the companion app so we can get all the rewards and just be done with it.

they knew people would use it for those outfits, fuckers

Man... Is anyone else having issues with stealth sections? They spot you almost instantly and it's so obnoxious going into fights. Also I get one/two hit a lot...

I miss the easy combat of previous games now. I shouldnt have wished for this game to be more difficult.

im pretty early in just soaking in the game but im actually scared of those groups of guys dressed in red, theres always 3-4 of them and one has a pistol so i try to avoid combat when possible

it will probably get easier with those melee upgrades and better weapons but i dont really mind it right now

Someone might want to create a new thread for this.

It seems that the PS4 Firmware 2.0.2 screwed with the inability to venture further in games because it crashes in certain scenarios to the PS4 OS screen with an error code of: CE-34878-0

I hardly believe this is a coincidence considering it happens with Alien Isolation and Assassin's Creed Unity.

Naite

Co-op missions seem to get an occasional bug where the mission doesn't advance unless the host leaves and switches to someone else. Happened to me twice tonight on two different missions.

It's solely cause of the snipers that make everything so hard. They outrange you and without health upgrades they hurt too much. I've grown to really hate the phantom blade because of it's range.

I was getting annoyed at how tedious things were when I first start the level 4-5 missions on the lower end of the map because of those damn snipers aiming at me while being surrounded by 10+ enemies. Once I got the strongest sword upgraded and maxed health upgrades all the way up to iron skin I just power my way thru everything and ignore stealth half the time.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Can you not get phantom blade refills as loot? Want to 100 this stupid sewer section but I forgot to refill. Hate some of these stupid sync requirements

Yes, and somehow has zero advantages visually. The first retail multiplatform game to end up with visual parity this gem AND actually slightly worse performance.

How do all of Ubisoft's games so far end up better looking on PS4 and then for Unity they claim they want to avoid debates, backtrack and say they used all the power, and then we wind up with what sure looks like they aimed at parity and didn't uae one bit of PS4's advantages?

They made the game run like shit on both platforms. I guess if this was their concept of parity, they achieved parity. But it seems obvious to me that this is just the result of rushing the game. However, the game will be further patched and hopefully all these issues will be ironed out.

Autofokus

They said they were targeting it, but I who isn't when they've got most of the year left to finalize it I guess? They just should have been more realistic and said probably 1080/30

Thats not how game development works. Targeting 1080/60 4 months before release and ending up like it is now, is not an optimistic guess. It's a lie.

DOWN

Banned
Thats not how game development works. Targeting 1080/60 4 months before release and ending up like it is now, is not an optimistic guess. It's a lie.
Destiny wasn't 1080p on Xbox One until shortly before release. They didn't confirm it until June and at that point it wasn't even there yet, they just said they were going to after the SDK update. The beta wasn't even 1080 in July despite the game going gold in mid August.

Resolution is supposedly one of the last technical numbers that gets pinned down.

Top Bottom