• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Stat!

Two questions.

anyone on ps4 want to play some co-op missions together? I haven't done any but Id love to play with someone. I have a mic as well.

Secondly, what is the third currency used for? The one between the assassin points and the microtransaction currency.

kaiiri

so is Uplay down? I swear nothing is working. my companion app says I've unlocked 2 or 3 different blue chests but I still can't open them in-game. arrrg. I just want this to work!

Has Shareplay been blocked for this game on PS4? Me and my friend are both in NA and it gives us content restrictions due to region bs.

zlatko

Banned
So apparently Reddit says if you play the game in offline mode it fixes all the framerate issues.

Confirmed by a variety of posters on there.

I will test tomorrow on PS4 to go into offline mode, but it wouldn't surprise me that the frame rate at 20FPS is tied to Ubi servers taking a dump trying to load all this app/uplay/initiatives shit on the fly along with co-op, blah blah.

Feel free to test it out yourselves folks.

DOWN

Banned
So apparently Reddit says if you play the game in offline mode it fixes all the framerate issues.

I will test tomorrow on PS4 to go into offline mode, but it wouldn't surprise me that the frame rate at 20FPS is tied to Ubi servers taking a dump trying to load all this app/uplay/initiatives shit on the fly along with co-op, blah blah.

So basically just be disconnected from internet when you start up the game?

Friend came over. Said his roommate got this game and that it's absolutely beautiful, looks so "next gen", didn't notice any performance issues.

Is the general public really that easily impressed by graphics?

I mean the game looks nice in stills but when it's running.... Ehhhh....

The game does look fantastic, and the frame rate is fine for walking around admiring the sharp graphics. If you are walkind down a street, the game gonna look good and low framerate is less of an issue.

As someone who likes playing action RPGs and recently playing shadow of mordor, the frame rate sucks in comparison but that's with a prior expectation of that and lots of other games

If someone doesn't play that type of game I can understand them not having a problem with it, especially since they may be spending small percent of the game in combat or zooming around (eg you walk by default)

Since Wikipedia still does not have the plot of Unity written yet, can someone please tell me if anything happens with the present day stuff? I remember in AC4 stuff happens with Rebecca and Shaun was wondering if anything else happened since nothing happened with them in AC Rogue's present day. (Don't plan on playing this game till late next year, so spoil away) Thanks!

Talking of patches, did lords of fallen ever get another ps4 patch to eliminate tearing? The one near launch improved but didn't eliminate

Also, in unity is there a benefit in ranking up your assassin level? Apart from the points you gained earning them of course

Im not following any other threads regarding Ubisoft or Assassins Creed anymore, so idk if this has been posted anywhere. But Ubisoft updated the patch info and said they are wrapping up patch 2, but not sure of a time frame yet, I am hoping for tomorrow.

DOWN

Banned
Im not following any other threads regarding Ubisoft or Assassins Creed anymore, so idk if this has been posted anywhere. But Ubisoft updated the patch info and said they are wrapping up patch 2, but not sure of a time frame yet, I am hoping for tomorrow.
It only mentions a few specific bugs though. Nothing about frame rate, which is the only one I've seen cause universal issues for players and is the one I am waiting for a fix on. After that they oughta be patching in better visuals for PS4 because it shouldn't look identical to XB1.

How far do we realistically think they'll take the game with patches?

Cheech

This game is a complete piece of shit.

Ubisoft is broken. I wouldn't buy another one of their games until they undergo a Microsodt or EA type restructure. Holy shit.

This is the worst thing I've seen since Ultima Ascension. Just straight up shipping broken garbage to meet a date.

This is not playable.

So I don't have a cellphone, nor a tablet...

It appears there are parts of the game I just can't access at all since Ubisoft has locked them under this companion app bullshit.

DOWN

Banned

Ubisoft is broken. I wouldn't buy another one of their games until they undergo a Microsodt or EA type restructure. Holy shit.

This is the worst thing I've seen since Ultima Ascension. Just straight up shipping broken garbage to meet a date.

This is not playable.
It is totally playable. Elaborate on what is making trouble for you.

I could never get into any of the previous Assassins Creed games, but even with its technical issues this game has me hooked. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Riddler

This is not playable.

What system are you playing on?

Tried to dive back into this, but I couldn't, the framerate at points is o terrible and what makes me mad is I actually enjoy the missions. There are scenes in the game where I won't spoil here, but their are no NPC's around and the game runs so smooth, wish it was like that the whole time.

It only mentions a few specific bugs though. Nothing about frame rate, which is the only one I've seen cause universal issues for players and is the one I am waiting for a fix on. After that they oughta be patching in better visuals for PS4 because it shouldn't look identical to XB1.

How far do we realistically think they'll take the game with patches?

yeah. ive fallen through the floor like 3 times, so Im looking forward to the first one as well.

They have been pretty good about patches in the past. AC3 was getting patched for months if I remember right

if they are still actively working on a patch then it will still be some time before it gets to us. they have to submit and pass certification before Sony/MS pushes it out to their networks.

Zugma

Just gave the whole "playing-offline" a whirl, initially by just disconnecting while in session. I didn't notice any improvements whatsoever after about an hour of play like that. I got off for a bit, then got back on while booting the game without being connected, and the performance is noticeably improved. The game seems to hit 30 in areas around Arno's home, and in the denser areas it does still dip, but sits around what seems like 20-25 FPS, whereas I would regularly get something around 15 FPS in these areas before.

I'll continue to play some more like this to see if I'm not just imagining things, but so far it does seem to be a solid improvement.

This is all on PS4, btw

Donthizz#

for people who are having frame rate issues, try disabling the internet connection. game runs much smoother, at least for me on the ps4.

Kevyt

So this first post-release patch fixes... micro transactions:

neogaf gonna skin Ubisoft alive

A patch for microtransactions? I hope Ubi is working on a patch for performance too...

Do it in uplay. More or less pretty self explanatory. Add me on Uplay if you'd like a buddy. Uplay ID:Krappadizzle. On PC.

I also started a club called BestFriendsClub if anyone would like to join. Membership open to best friends or potential best friends(it's all in good fun)

I sent you a friend request.

Sent some friend invites your way from uplay for co-op whenever. Quote for ID:

Quoted. My uplay ID is solkeher.

If anyone wants to do some coop for Unity, feel free to add me. Although I'm not sure I'll be able to play this weekend... But I tried some coop missions with random players and it was alright. There were a lot of bugs, and for some reason I was kicked out of the game in a 4 player coop mission two times. I don't know what gives, I mean I'm not a terrible player so it must have been a glitch or something. Or maybe I am a terrible player, lol.

fernoca

The Murder Mysteries and the Rifts are so great! No problems yet, but darn it... just like the Ezio Trilogy, I spend more time doing side stuff....and then continue the story (which I like).

for people who are having frame rate issues, try disabling the internet connection. game runs much smoother, at least for me on the ps4.

Did it and initially it was better, but I got to a certain mission and it turned absolutely terrible. I can't be evading soldiers and each time I climb something the game hitches up. It ruins the whole experience, the game was never meant to be played like this. I really, really hope they limit the amount of NPC's. I have never been this conflicted about a game before, the content I really like and I just finished my first rift or whatever they're called and enjoyed it big time, but I just can't continue.

Xevren

Played offline most of the day, I wouldn't say that the framerate is perfect but it's leagues better compared to what it normally is. Of course you won't be able to do multiplayer but if you're in it for just dicking around in the open world single player like it's definitely the way to go.

Can confirm that playing offline basically turns this into a different game. It's still not perfect, and the framerate can get nasty when you're surrounded by crowds, but it's much better overall. Hell, I just had a minute or two of what appeared to be a locked framerate while running around on the rooftops and I couldn't believe how good it felt. THAT is what I should have been playing from the start. Felt so smooth and controlling Arno felt "right" for the first time.

Still, playing offline isn't a permanent solution and I hope Ubisoft gets the patch out soon. And hopefully it can fix the pop-in.

kaiiri

Played offline most of the day, I wouldn't say that the framerate is perfect but it's leagues better compared to what it normally is. Of course you won't be able to do multiplayer but if you're in it for just dicking around in the open world single player like it's definitely the way to go.

I definitely wanna try this but doing co-op missions are just a blast. actually got a couple good groups who just didn't go gun-ho. felt good!

I do need to do some story missions tho. I just got the hidden arrow thing and I've almost gotten the highest armor/weapons money could buy. sooo glad they brought back the villa concept. just making money left and right! XD

Alex Navarro said:
Assassin's Creed: Unity is at once an object of exquisite beauty and exhausting boredom.

I'm not a huge fan of Alex Navarro, but "exhausting boredom" is a fantastic descriptor of this game. Last night I tried to play a bit, but found myself sort of zoning out as I was walking the streets. My attention was being pulled in so many directions with a mini-map filled with shit that I couldn't get the motivation to really do any of it. Then once the game started doing the 7-second stalls I just turned it off.

I'll still try to keep playing, but I'll probably just bee-line the main storyline to get through it.

aeolustl

15165709213_758f58c367_b.jpg

WTF
are those members me or it's just showing the wrong user name

I'm not a huge fan of Alex Navarro, but "exhausting boredom" is a fantastic descriptor of this game. Last night I tried to play a bit, but found myself sort of zoning out as I was walking the streets. My attention was being pulled in so many directions with a mini-map filled with shit that I couldn't get the motivation to really do any of it. Then once the game started doing the 7-second stalls I just turned it off.

I'll still try to keep playing, but I'll probably just bee-line the main storyline to get through it.
Set the HUD to limited. It makes the whole experience much better without having all these markers shoved down your throat.

DOWN

Banned
But Helix points are specifically from micro transactions. There are other in game currencies for regular transactions.

The answer here is that they give you some of the micro transaction shortcut currency free hoping to hook you.

DOWN

Banned
They are great leads:
yo4nYZ.gif

lol I think that actually covers everything. Good to know they've acknowledged all of it.

Except the part where if they fix absolutely all of those, we'll be left wondering why PS4 looks identical to the weaker XB1 version :(

Top Bottom