• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

Seanspeed

Banned
This has already been changed with the last patch, no?
Maybe, I dunno. Just noticed it the other day.

Either way, I'd like the option to have it back the previous way. A lot of its usefulness is gone now. I use it as a tool, not just motivation.

The Mclaren has ABS that can't be disabled, and you can feel it working in game at least with a wheel.

Edit: If you disable the ABS with CTRL+A the tires should lock up under heavy breaking, at least they do for me
Cool, I'll try that. It actually hurts my driving to not have a reachable limit. Its simply not natural for me to go 100% on the brakes throughout the whole braking phase. Especially with trail-braking.

Does the MP4-12C in real life have un-disableable ABS?

TJP

Changelog Early Access 0.3.1

- Fixed McLaren MP4-12C toe settings and values on setup screen
- Centered cockpit on McLaren MP4-12C
- Fixed McLaren MP4-12C RPM dial range of motion
- Fixed setup values errors in the Lotus 2-11
- Modifications on Abarth 500 front headlights
- Tweaked wind noise for open cars
- Throttle map modifications for all cars
- Corrected Lotus Exige Roadster Semiautomatic gearbox ratios
- More UI content translated in Russian
- Removed redundant messages from log to improve performances

Morzak

Maybe, I dunno. Just noticed it the other day.

Either way, I'd like the option to have it back the previous way. A lot of its usefulness is gone now. I use it as a tool, not just motivation.

Cool, I'll try that. It actually hurts my driving to not have a reachable limit. Its simply not natural for me to go 100% on the brakes throughout the whole braking phase. Especially with trail-braking.

Does the MP4-12C in real life have un-disableable ABS?

I think you can disable it in real life but I'm not sure, the game also provides different traction control settings in Session with CTRL+T, which are probably modelled after the assists the car has, I think the MP4 has 3 or 4 levels the zonda 11 for example. But as far as I'm aware TC is disabled by default, you should see if a car has ABS active, the ABS light should activate if you go heavy on the breaks.

TJP

It's time to vote again: http://www.assettocorsa.net/we-need-your-opinion-2-choose-the-cars/

Thank you very much for participating in our recent poll. Some additional cars have already been scheduled to be released in 2014, but we are very interested to know your preferences. This will allow us to concentrate on bringing the cars that you, the community want to drive. Our licensing department is fully primed and ready to go! However, a word of caution, we can’t always get the cars that we want, whether that be for manufactures asking too much, to limitations on where we can distribute the cars – we will try and do our best!

1 choice from 5 different vehicles from Audi, RUF, Alfa Romeo, Nissan and Aston Martin.

Recorded two more videos.

1. Ferrari 458@ Silverstone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgYZABaRaIU

2. Competizione 4/5@ Silverstone (I tried the new settings for head bobbing, g-force, etc., so this looks a bit like NFS Shift now...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSCXxIzmSGY

Time to learn other tracks now. I would kill for the Norschleife in this game!

Put me into the camp of people looking for a good wheel stand. I don't have a ton of space, so I don't want to buy a large seat, etc. Can you guys recommend something?

The Mclaren has ABS that can't be disabled, and you can feel it working in game at least with a wheel.

Edit: If you disable the ABS with CTRL+A the tires should lock up under heavy breaking, at least they do for me

Oh cool, thanks for finding out, I was wondering what was up with the ABS.

I don't know if I would go for the G27 at 300$ but they are often on sale for around 200$ and at that price I think it's a hard wheel to beat. I like mine a lot, but after using it a bit, I'm not so fond of the pedals, especially the break, feels mushy.

I'm also looking into a wheelstand, but they all look like they aren't exactly super stable. But stuff like the wheel stand pro, gets good reviews I think so I may have to buy one and try it out.

Yes, I got mine for cheap on a sale and it's an awesome wheel. The only factor that would keep me from recommending it at the moment is the unknown factor of future PS4 support. But I think there is a very good chance that GT will keep supporting it.

Eusis

And now you know that SE and NIS were just speaking Italian all along.
Well at least SE has more than a few times thrown in Latin or Latin-esque garbage in names and Italian's descended from Latin so there's some logic there, but NIS usually doesn't go pretentious like that, and if anything NISA makes bad attempts at being witty instead.

Shaneus

Voted for the Group B Quattro, RGT12, Silvia, Zagato and 33 Stradale. I hope we get all of them in eventually, which I think we would given that it sounds like this a poll for priority rather than final car selection.

jet1911

I'd like to buy a wheel to play this but I'm not exactly sure which one to get. If I could buy one that would work on my PS4 too that would be the best. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the G27 but if there are other options feel free to suggest!

Morzak

I'd like to buy a wheel to play this but I'm not exactly sure which one to get. If I could buy one that would work on my PS4 too that would be the best. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the G27 but if there are other options feel free to suggest!

At this time I would wait if you really need a wheel that will work for sure with the PS4, I think logitech hinted at something with the G27 but I don't thinkt that there is official support yet (Devs can include support for wheels, but this would mean it will depend on the game). With wheels it's about budget and what you want, the G27 goes often for 200$ in the US(not as lucky here) and at this price I think it's a really good wheel. The Fanatec CSR is an option which would be 200 for the wheel only, I think you will pay around 310$ including the cheapest shifters and pedals, I personally haven't used one but they seem to be a bit above the G27. After that you basically are at 400+ range like the T500RS (if you don't find some insane deal) or the Fanatec ClubSport. Both of them are a clear league above the Gear driven G27 and CSR wheel.

Like I said I like my G27 a lot and I think on a deal for 200$ it's hard to beat regarding price/performance, the only thing I don't like that much is the break pedal which is a bit mushy, but still serviceable.

PS4 compatibility is still a monkey wrench. Mucking it up even further is "PS4 compatibility" is a bit of a misnomer since it's actually software compatibility. Amar has the whole thing laid out nicely here. The bottom line is we just don't know. The Thrustmaster T500 will work with Drive Club. That's the extent of our knowledge in regards to existing wheels on the PS4. Anything beyond that will require a bet on your part.

If you only want to do this once, and it has to have GT7 compatibility, take a low risk bet on the T500, or wait for TM, Logitech and Fanatec to show their hands with either new products or confirmed compatibility (hopefully both).

If you're willing to take a flyer on the G27, which is a great wheel, you're putting your faith in a tweet. That's not a bad bet, but it's definitely a bet.

psn

PS4 compatibility is still a monkey wrench. Mucking it up even further is "PS4 compatibility" is a bit of a misnomer since it's actually software compatibility. Amar has the whole thing laid out nicely here. The bottom line is we just don't know. The Thrustmaster T500 will work with Drive Club. That's the extent of our knowledge in regards to existing wheels on the PS4. Anything beyond that will require a bet on your part.

If you only want to do this once, and it has to have GT7 compatibility, take a low risk bet on the T500, or wait for TM, Logitech and Fanatec to show their hands with either new products or confirmed compatibility (hopefully both).

If you're willing to take a flyer on the G27, which is a great wheel, you're putting your faith in a tweet. That's not a bad bet, but it's definitely a bet.

I already have the G27, so I hope they can announce support soon.

Until then, AC + G27 for me. I don't remember having so much fun with drifting since GT5.

Dineren

Banned
Yeah, the bar doesn't really bother me, but I can see how it would be annoying to others. My biggest concern was taking as little space as possible while still being stable and it has been great for that.

shandy706

Pre order a wheel stand from GT Omega: http://www.gtomegaracing.com/

Then you don't have to have a stupid bar in your way. :D

GT%20Omega%20PRO%20Racing%20Simulator%20Professional%2010-500x500.jpg

A setup like that is very tempting.

I have a Playseat setup right now...but I'd love an all in one unit.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Enjoying the progress of seeing PCars evolve and couldn't resist this with the price cut and DriveClub being delayed. Graphics look excellent given it's got time to polish a lot of things. Kinda part of the interest/fun as in seeing the progression of it move forward as PCars has and not usually 'playing' behind the scenes with video games only viewing via youtube developer vids etc...

Lighting looks very natural'ish and pleasant on the eyes imo. The suspension and car movement as demonstrated in some gifs in this thread is really convincing/impressive. Seeing ahead is kinda difficult for me for some reason. Feels like the driver is a lil short??

Performance is also great with 1440p downsampled to 1080p 8xaa no 'quick aa' everything maxxed on a gtx770 and doesn't drop below 43 fps with average being 50ish... Now to nVidiainspector for enabling SLI :D Surely as more effects and cars will increase the power demand over time.

Morzak

Pre order a wheel stand from GT Omega: http://www.gtomegaracing.com/

Then you don't have to have a stupid bar in your way. :D

The wheelstand looks really good will probably have to preorder one, the bar in the middle was a bit of a turnoff on most other wheelstands I looked at.

Enjoying the progress of seeing PCars evolve and couldn't resist this with the price cut and DriveClub being delayed. Graphics look excellent given it's got time to polish a lot of things. Kinda part of the interest/fun as in seeing the progression of it move forward as PCars has and not usually 'playing' behind the scenes with video games only viewing via youtube developer vids etc...

Lighting looks very natural'ish and pleasant on the eyes imo. The suspension and car movement as demonstrated in some gifs in this thread is really convincing/impressive. Seeing ahead is kinda difficult for me for some reason. Feels like the driver is a lil short??

Performance is also great with 1440p downsampled to 1080p 8xaa no 'quick aa' everything maxxed on a gtx770 and doesn't drop below 43 fps with average being 50ish... Now to nVidiainspector for enabling SLI :D Surely as more effects and cars will increase the power demand over time.

You can change the position and FOV in the cockpit view. Just start a session and move the mouse to the right edge of the screen, a bar will appear and one of the options is an overlay to set the position and FOV, you can also add other overlays. The cockpit changes should be saved on a per car basis with the latest update.

Thanks for the tips on the wheel stand, guys! The GT Omega looks very good, I think I'll go with that.

Nice vids, schennmu!

Thanks man! Nothing spectacular, but this is the first time Shadowplay comes in handy.

Why so much AA if you don't have 60fps? Edit: Ok, I think I misunderstood. Please let us know about SLI performance!

TJP

I love my WSP - it's rock solid and weighs a decent amount with the wheel and pedals attached and doesn't move unless I really try hard to do so (on carpet). The bar in the middle doesn't bother me (the clip on the downtube sometimes does but YMMV.

AutoSimSport review: http://issuu.com/autosimsportmediallc/docs/vol5num1/114

GTPlanet: http://www.gtplanet.net/wheel-stand-pro-w-logitech-g25-reviewed/

Shaneus

I have the other one by Fanatec (I can't remember the exact name). It's just as good, except with a few less features... there's only two fixed positions for the vertical axis (the WSP is fully custom) and the thing locking the pedals down doesn't seem as good. But I paid less than $100AU for it (I think? If not, it was close) and does the job well enough, for sure.

Shaneus

I would only call it trolling if you couldn't make out the car. Is that a new track as well?

You know, totally digging the aesthetic this game has far more than pCARS. Sure, pCARS can look hyper-realistic at times, but I far prefer the subtlety AC offers. It blows you away by looking as good as it has to without looking horrible, and not overdoing it.

God damn. Beautiful game.

Morzak

I really hate the MP4-12C that thing just doesn't want to turn in at all for me, and if I try to persuade it into corneres it tries to kill me...... Really not feeling the car, back to the Zonda and 458 for my supercar fix.

I really hate the MP4-12C that thing just doesn't want to turn in at all for me, and if I try to persuade it into corneres it tries to kill me...... Really not feeling the car, back to the Zonda and 458 for my supercar fix.

The Zonda is actually more of a hyper car. :p Personally I found the McLaren easier to drive than the 458, but not as much fun.

Ugh, I hope they don't add so much content till January, that's how long it will take for my wheel stand to be delivered....

Morzak

The Zonda is actually more of a hyper car. :p Personally I found the McLaren easier to drive than the 458, but not as much fun.

Ugh, I hope they don't add so much content till January, that's how long it will take for my wheel stand to be delivered....

Yeah agree with the zonda, but they are the 3 super sports car :p . Hm I think the MP4 is easier to control out of corners but I just feel that it doesn't want to turn in (maybe it's just that it is pretty damn stable and I have to high speeds into corners).

I probably order a Omega stand, but at the moment it works well clamped to my desk. I'm also looking for a good chair that has wheels but preferably also stoppers/breaks because I can't use my current office chair.......

Honestly I have so much to learn still I'm ok with the current content. Drove the M3 for the first time with the wheel and really enjoyed the car, I really feel I can spend hours on a car then switch and get a totally different experience out of it. Allthough I would really like the F40 in the game.

friday

I don't really dig the non racing cars too much. I assume they are all running street tires and that makes them handle so much worse. I spent a good bit of time driving the little formula car the other day. I think it might be a bit too easy to drive.

Arucardo

I don't really dig the non racing cars too much. I assume they are all running street tires and that makes them handle so much worse. I spent a good bit of time driving the little formula car the other day. I think it might be a bit too easy to drive.

You can change the tires on most of the street cars in the setup menu, makes a huge difference with some of the cars. (you can choose between street and semi-slicks usually)

Morzak

oh awesome

Yeah the Supercars with Semi-sclicks is an whole world of difference, they don't feel like they overpower the tyres everywhere ;)

So I will get a GTOmega Wheelstand for christmas (or better when they are back in stock) can't wait it works on my desk but it's a pain to remove everything. Does anyone have a good tip for a good chair that has lockable wheels or come without them? just impossible to drive with my office chair.

TJP

I voted for Nürburgring, Bathurst and Laguna. I'd have all of the tracks, even the ones I don't like, if I could 8)

Nürburgring (Nordschleife) out in front with 28%, Le Mans, 10%, Bathurst and Suzuka both have 8% and Laguna Seca 7% of the votes.

Ricard, Le Mans, Magny Cours. Vive la France!

I'm predisposed to picking things that are underrepresented. OK that's not Le Mans, but hey, it's not a bad way to round out the triple.

Top Bottom