• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

Morzak

Everybody always wants the same old tracks...

I voted for Nurburgring(yea yea), Portimao and Interlagos.

Uh Interlagos would be really nice enjoying the hell out of it in GSC13, somehow I always forget about this track when I'm not racing it.....

disap.ed

I will never get why Le Mans is so popular. Most boring track to drive IMO.

Voted for A1 Ring (Red Bull Ring), Hungaroring and Nürburgring.

If this game really gets the Ring it will reach god tier.

Yeah the Supercars with Semi-sclicks is an whole world of difference, they don't feel like they overpower the tyres everywhere ;)

So I will get a GTOmega Wheelstand for christmas (or better when they are back in stock) can't wait it works on my desk but it's a pain to remove everything. Does anyone have a good tip for a good chair that has lockable wheels or come without them? just impossible to drive with my office chair.

Next batch will arrive January 10th. ;)

Spookie

Had to Vote for Brands Hatch being English (and it being one of the first tracks I played on Race 07 so fell in love with it), Nordschleife and Le-Mans.

Bit of a European slant for things really. I would like to see a world tour DLC. Where we get three tracks from Europe, Asia, US and other exotic locations. Expensive I know but I'd happily pay for it.

jet1911

One of my friend let me borrow his G27 but the wheel does not seem to respond. Every buttons on the wheel works but the "steering" part is not working. :(

Spookie

One of my friend let me borrow his G27 but the wheel does not seem to respond. Every buttons on the wheel works but the "steering" part is not working. :(

Make sure it's detected by windows. Then at least you can work work out if it's a hardware issue.

Phinor

Every sim seems to get the same tracks. Le Mans for example is a terrible and boring track but you must have it in your sim. Nordschleife takes so much resources you could probably create 3-4 tracks for the same cost, but you have to have that damn track in every game. Bathurst had a period where it wasn't really available anywhere, but it seems to be popping into every game now and as crazy as that track is, I don't think it's that good for racing. Magny-Cours has 1% of the votes, Watkins Glen 2%. Tracks like that are what I want into my sims instead of the same old, same old. (Although to be fair, Watkins Glen is already in couple of sims.)

But what I want most right now is either AI or multiplayer as a feature. Driving the track alone isn't my idea of fun. Have they mentioned anything regarding either feature?

Korezo

I'm disappointed... Are those tracks in the voting list just a poll for tracks to put in right now or tracks to only appear in the game eventually? Because I feel a lot of those tracks in the vote list should be in the final game.

Megasoum

Banned
Guys, please don't vote for Suzuka pr Norschleif... We all know they will go in at some point anyway, don't waste a vote!

I voted for A1 ring, Bathurst and Interlagos.

Seanspeed

Banned
Every sim seems to get the same tracks. Le Mans for example is a terrible and boring track but you must have it in your sim. Nordschleife takes so much resources you could probably create 3-4 tracks for the same cost, but you have to have that damn track in every game. Bathurst had a period where it wasn't really available anywhere, but it seems to be popping into every game now and as crazy as that track is, I don't think it's that good for racing. Magny-Cours has 1% of the votes, Watkins Glen 2%. Tracks like that are what I want into my sims instead of the same old, same old. (Although to be fair, Watkins Glen is already in couple of sims.)

But what I want most right now is either AI or multiplayer as a feature. Driving the track alone isn't my idea of fun. Have they mentioned anything regarding either feature?
Yea, you sound like me - far more interested in good race tracks than just good driver tracks. I still voted for the Nurburgring cuz I do enjoy a nice driving track once in a while and that's one that never fails to get the blood pumping, but otherwise, I'd much rather have a nice ~3 mile track that has a nice balance of corners and straights and is good for close racing.

Multiplayer will probably come a bit later, though I'd love to get it ASAP. I am enjoying AC, but definitely itching to race.

Every sim seems to get the same tracks. Le Mans for example is a terrible and boring track but you must have it in your sim. Nordschleife takes so much resources you could probably create 3-4 tracks for the same cost, but you have to have that damn track in every game. Bathurst had a period where it wasn't really available anywhere, but it seems to be popping into every game now and as crazy as that track is, I don't think it's that good for racing.
Thank you. Nordschleife, Sebring, Silverstone, Monza, Suzuka, Leguna Seca and possibly, dare I say it, Spa need to go on a 10 year hiatus from racing games. I'm sick of them and need something fresh.

amar212

Monte Carlo, Suzuka and Zandwoort.

Great to see Monte Carlo getting so much votes.

Also, completely agree with both Phinor and Marvelharvey above.

Kunos should concentrate on bringing all those magnificent Italian tracks to game, there are so many of them which are legendary, beautiful and stunning to drive on.

I hope the tide will turn on that in the not too distant future. I think laser scanning will bring a degree of parity that will hopefully change people's tastes.

It seems likely that we'll be getting the F40 and Monza on Friday. Good times ahead, gents.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
My votes:

Dundrod
Isle of Mann
Machwerx
Rouen Les Essart
Jops Siffert
Urbanya
Schottensring
60's Hockenheighmring
60's Instanbul
60's Valencia
Targa Florio
60's Auto Bahn
Tokyo Route 246
Downtown Rave City

jet1911

Make sure it's detected by windows. Then at least you can work work out if it's a hardware issue.

My friend told me that the wheel could work without the AC adapter, just that the FFB wouldn't work. I'm starting to think it need to be pluggued to work.

On friday patch, F40, E30 M3 Group A, 599XX, Z4 GT and Monza laser scanned.

c989601814a3374fd24985a658145156-blaine-is-happy.gif

spanna

Have you installed the logitech software ? If not install that and link it to the acs.exe and see if that makes a difference.

jet1911

I had problems before I installed the drivers from the Logitech website, so be sure to do that.

Dayum

Yep I have.

sanstitre9zidl.png

On this screen the only thing not working when I press it is the wheel not steering. :/

Oh my the F40 is coming I should do stuff that weekend but I have to find some time to drive that thing :)

Well this wheel problem will get even more annoying it seems lol

Seanspeed

Banned
On friday patch, F40, E30 M3 Group A, 599XX, Z4 GT and Monza laser scanned.
Alert Xanadu!

I'm guessing the Z4 GT is the GT3 car? Awesome, if so.

I hope they keep the Ferrari's rolling in. Can never have enough.

Monza, I'm not super excited about, but still glad to have it.

Seanspeed

Banned
I just want to get my usual Monza moan out the way here:

The first chicane is one of the worst corners in all of motorsports.

<adjusts tie>

As you were.

Spookie

<adjusts tie>

As you were.

As a person who isn't that in to motorsports but loves sims. I have no idea why they feel the need to kill all momentum before the corner. To avoid crashes I guess?

As a person who isn't that in to motorsports but loves sims. I have no idea why they feel the need to kill all momentum before the corner. To avoid crashes I guess?
It's a very tight entry so it is mostly about avoiding contact with others and to avoid overshooting, causing you to have to smash over the kerbs, which are chunky and could damage the underside of the car, which can reduce downforce. Even if you've got the track to yourself you have to slow a lot to get the car turned in. It seems all the more extreme because it arrives after one of the fastest straights in motorsport.

markao

I love the consistency and speed at which they update the game. ISI should take note.
To be fair to ISI, most of the content was ready a long time a go. They just release it in small bits, to keep the "marketing" going.

Love Monza, not always, but once a while it is nice to have a track with hard braking at low downforce levels makes the difference between ok lap and a good one.

Thanks for Monza. Now give us the F355 Challenge to go full circle.

Also the E30 M3 looks badass, I am sure it will be a joy for drifting.

To be fair to ISI, most of the content was ready a long time a go. They just release it in small bits, to keep the "marketing" going.
Indeed, I expect they've still another 4-6 content updates they're sitting on. That being said, I'm highly impressed with their commitment to bug fixing and speed at which they tweak components after customer feedback. ISI (as extensive and good as their sim is) occasionally release builds with a glaring bug and instead of hotfixing, will wait until the next version to correct the error, which could be 2 months away. Even though I slightly prefer ISI's physics, Kunos' customer commitment and adaptability is second to none, and that makes me a happy bunny.

I think there's like a dozen cars and few tracks (locations) left. Laser scanned old Spa being a major headliner for me. Oh yeah, modern Spa too ;-) There will be more stuff coming of course, but at realtime dev pace.

We shouldn't forget that is was rolled out like this to basically buy themselves more time to finish (start?, lol) AI/multi/career which we essentially know nothing about. That's the stuff that they've been presumably been working on. That's the stuff that makes me a little anxious.

TJP

It's a very tight entry so it is mostly about avoiding contact with others and to avoid overshooting, causing you to have to smash over the kerbs, which are chunky and could damage the underside of the car, which can reduce downforce
Might want to relay this to the World Superbike (and Supersport) guys as it's always been the scene of some horrible crashes.

Can't wait to drive the F40 tomorrow.

Seanspeed

Banned
A chicane is meant to reduce speeds. The earlier version of the track just had you going straight on, all the way from Parabolica into Curve Grande, which was taken at extremely high speeds and the inability for them to extend the track to make room for runoff(due to the local gov't being strict about keeping the park intact) meant it was a pretty big safety concern. So they put in a chicane. And the version of the chicane they have right now is particularly awful, in my opinion. If anything, it creates more crashes as its so difficult to get a grid full of cars(or bikes) through there at the start of a race.

Might want to relay this to the World Superbike (and Supersport) guys as it's always been the scene of some horrible crashes.

Can't wait to drive the F40 tomorrow.

It's not a good solution at all for bikes because of their constant proximity to each other. For cars however, it's much better than how it used to be. It's a lot safer now in regards to brake failure or climbing over someone's back. There's not a perpendicular wall 50 meters in front of you any more (actually they improved that over the years. Still wasn't great though).

It's a tough situation. They've got no room to work with.

kafiend

<adjusts tie>

As you were.

I had a WTF moment in GT6 this week on its first career outing to Monza. I slammed on the brakes for that corner at the right point and the chicane wasn't there. Old version of track hehehe.

Top Bottom