• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

subwilde

My body locked up after reading about the DK2 support and exploded when they mentioned a new audio engine.

This weekend man.....

bj00rn_

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqo_SDyWuqM

Assetto Corsa / Kunos Interview with Stefano Casillo

I love how deeply passionate all the Kunos guys are. AC is really a labor of love.

I don't often sit through an half hour of "youtube", but this was great, I could listen to this guy (Stefano Casillo) all day. I think it's awesome that he has an actual office at the Vallelunga circuit. A small team doing this is incredible, they seem to have the perfect match of very talented people. This is going to be great. My DK2 is ready.

Skyzard

Banned
According to the options it does:

EYWVhG4.jpg

Shaneus

I love how deeply passionate all the Kunos guys are. AC is really a labor of love.
Ahaha, "dog simulator" because of sticking your head out the window with the DK2.

I love that guy's passion and enthusiasm, it's infectious as hell. I'm so happy that the guys seem to be nailing every aspect of this game. They deserve every bit of success they're destined to get!

Zeth

I think I'm gonna delete AC and do a clean install for 1.0.
My AC folder is 74GB, 3,600 folders. Mods/skins: I have them all.

Hope it's Wednesday! Polishing my DK2 in anticipation.

Pjsprojects

Anyone got triple display working?

I have never tried a game running all three, so as long as the Nvidea control sees the three displays and they are set up it should work in game?

Options in game is set to triple display but only my centre display is working. What do I need to do guys?

so when will the release candidate be released[mad sic]? Someone had said in the coming days. In that insideSimRacing interview they said the 1.0 version would be out in the coming weeks.

p3tran

Banned

having their office in the racetrack building is something I honestly approve as a bullseye move 8)
smart guys both Stefano and the crazy greek dude, Aris.

about what he says is the next step in simulation for them (ie what happens in loss of grip situations),
t10 having a great budget and connections, and after trying their luck with the biggest tire manufacturers,
they went to order scientific testing and research on their own for these loss of grip situations, working directly with science/technology companies that were able to make such tests under a controlled environment and produce data.

tire-wetm8reh.jpg

so, when its time to go to that next step, Aris & Stefano, I think it wouldn't hurt to give calspan a call.
could be overall a time-saver and a goldmine too.

:)

Jimrpg

Is Assetto Corsa going to v1.0?

When is this going to happen?

Is it going to go up in price also? I was waiting for a price drop before picking it up but might have to pick it up now if its going to go full price.

Business

Is it going to go up in price also? I was waiting for a price drop before picking it up but might have to pick it up now if its going to go full price.

Yes it's going 1.0, will be released "within the next few weeks, not months" and yes it will go up in price.

artsi

I think the 1.0 RC update was expected last weekend / this week, but I haven't seen any news so far.

mrsmr2

V1.0 out by the end of the month. Release Candidate out today.

Price goes up with 1.0.

No doubt there will be a last chance sale before the end of the month.

Jimrpg

V1.0 out by the end of the month. Release Candidate out today.

Price goes up with 1.0.

No doubt there will be a last chance sale before the end of the month.

arghhh... I really want a date so I can make sure I get a bit of a discount!

Its RM75 here in Malaysia on Steam which is US$25 - already a great price. Back when I was in Australia earlier this year it was US$39.99

Jimrpg

I wouldn't count on it. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to discount your product right before you proceed to raise the price on it. Its just throwing away income.

Yeah pretty much this.

But just to confirm - the price is going up for the RC? or v1.0?

and why not just release v1.0.. seems like two releases in as many weeks...

artsi

People keep saying the RC gets released today but no one has given a source. Give the source!

Just this according to AC forums, no confirmation (or denying) from devs:

http://www.isrtv.com/assetto-corsa/assetto-corsa-press-event-vallelunga-previews/

Also I recommend that you check out this article Eurogamer put out, covering the event. One big thing that stood out to me from this article was that they are stating the release date of Assetto Corsa 1.0 will be October 15th.

Do you expect it to go on sale again? It's currently 22 percent off.
You should take that 22% off while you can. If it becomes v.1 today, I'd expect it to go up rather than down. It will of course go down at some stage as all games do, but when that happens seems pretty random (other than Steam's famous summer sale).

mrsmr2

I wouldn't count on it. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to discount your product right before you proceed to raise the price on it. Its just throwing away income.

Normally I would agree. However, the larger than expected sales is because AC is on Steam and a large factor behind that has been the various sales.

To get more sales, they can either stress the fact that the price is going to go up soon, or discount again as a special bonus.

I wouldn't rule out the latter.

Jimrpg

Ok I just impulse bought this because RC might see a price increase!

Gotta wait till December b4 I can play with my g27.... Hope the game is good!

Seanspeed

Banned
Normally I would agree. However, the larger than expected sales is because AC is on Steam and a large factor behind that has been the various sales.

To get more sales, they can either stress the fact that the price is going to go up soon, or discount again as a special bonus.

I wouldn't rule out the latter.
I guess not, but I'm still not seeing the sense in it. What's the point of raising the price at all if they feel their best way to make money is to keep the game at a discount or put it on sale even further? While raw sales numbers are nice, making money is the important part. Trying to push sales with a bigger discount now is going to hurt sales of the full release.

Zeth

You should take that 22% off while you can. If it becomes v.1 today, I'd expect it to go up rather than down. It will of course go down at some stage as all games do, but when that happens seems pretty random (other than Steam's famous summer sale).

I think this release (today) will be the RC, so a public version with 1.0 content - but they will be able to fix any last minute bugs. I think the actual non-Early Acess release will be shortly after that(maybe a week?), at which point the price may increase. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Anyway, everyone should own this. Do your part, citizens.

Zeth

Uninstalled in preparation for that fresh install feel. Not sure if there will be a massive data swap/rewrite or if I should just grab the current version now and then update.

Top Bottom