• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

Seanspeed

Banned
They are saying to do a fresh install, backup replays/fastest laps/apps/tracks/cars/whatever.

1.0.0 RC
- Assetto Corsa is now feature complete
- General bugfixing and performance optimizations
- Visual damages enabled
- Aero damage implemented for all cars
- Engine damage implemented for all cars
- Suspension damage implemented for all cars
- Tyre Damage System
- Pit stop implemented for online races
- Multiplayer improvements
- New audio engine implemented
- New post processing effects enabled, heat shimmering, god rays etc
- New car : Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde model 2013
- New car : Ferrari 458 GT2
- New car : Ferrari LaFerrari
- New car : Lotus 2 Eleven GT4
- New car : Lotus Evora GTE Carbon
- New car : Lotus Exige S
- New car : Lotus Exige V6 CUP
- New car : Mercedes AMG SLS GT3
- New car : Shelby Cobra 427SC
- New track : Silverstone National
- New track : Spa Francorchamps
- New track : Trento Bondone hillclimb
- Audio sample improvements and volume balancing
- Added track reverb zones
- Fixed Traction Control always engaged in particular conditions
- TC and ABS factory settings now work properly
- Tuned distance filter and attenuation for exterior sounds
- Balanced performances for GT2/GT3 cars
- Lotus 49, Lotus 98T, Ferrari 312T have lower default rev limiters. Can go over 100% but damage may occur on higher revs
- Improvements on digital instruments cockpits for various cars
- Added track sound reverb
- Added different sounds for car to car, car to objects and car to track collisions
- Improvements on automatic gearbox on various cars
- All the tracks have been improved and updated with collidable objects
- Overall interior samples volume correction and balance
- Overall exterior samples volume correction
- Tuned wind and tyre rolling volumes and curves
- Tuned kerb pitch and volume according with speed
- Tuned ambience(crowd) volume
- Tuned interior and exterior gearshift sounds
- Steer animations for Ferrari 458 S3
- Small fix on the front Pagani Zonda R tyres
- LOD4 implemented to increase framerate performances
- Drivetrain damage for cars with H shifter gearboxes.
- Traction control sound now works for all cars
- Showroom bugfixing and improvements
- Added tyre blankets under realism tab. The setting is global for all cars and pre heats tyres at 80 C
- Career now available
- New 3D driver models
- BMW Z4 GT3 aero balancing, rear wings stalls more on low values
- New TCP/UDP server
- All tyres have graining and blistering enabled
- All tyres have rim radius
- Fixed all F1 cameras for all vehicles
- Fixed all F6 cameras for all vehicles
- GUI improvements
- Driver animations improvements
- Replay now records the current leaderboard
- Oculus DK2 support
- Single player Qualify improved

Ah man, here at work.

So delete all data and just do a fresh install? I don't care about times or anything. What a glorious day! Finally DK2 support!

Awesome. I've really been missing this game. I was playing it in VR with my G27, but once I tried the DK2 I couldn't go back to the DK1.

Soi-Fong

I'm hoping the Rift tracking is as good as LFS. That would be basically be perfect.

Since they integrated a new graphics engine, I'm also wondering what settings will have to be turned down to get to 75 fps.

- Assetto Corsa is now feature complete
- Visual damages enabled
- Aero damage implemented for all cars
- Engine damage implemented for all cars
- Suspension damage implemented for all cars
- Tyre Damage System
- New audio engine implemented
- New post processing effects enabled, heat shimmering, god rays etc
- New car : Ferrari 458 GT2
- New car : Ferrari LaFerrari
- New car : Shelby Cobra 427SC
- New track : Spa Francorchamps
- Added different sounds for car to car, car to objects and car to track collisions
- All the tracks have been improved and updated with collidable objects
- LOD4 implemented to increase framerate performances
- Showroom bugfixing and improvements
- Career now available
- New 3D driver models
- GUI improvements
- Driver animations improvements
- Oculus DK2 support
- Single player Qualify improved

Holy hell, YES! This right here is like my ultimate wish list of what I wanted.

Can't WAIT to dive into the Career. Hopefully the DK2 menu options won't be too tricky with wheel buttons. May have to out to my HDTV and play that way for a while. Either way, win/win!

sv7jfama.gif

markao

Updating Steam...wooot

Is there any other folder than the one in the "my documents/Assetto Corsa" , that needs deleting (saving settings)?

Watevaman

Anything I should delete folder-wise besides the assettocorsa folder inside the common folder? Does it store settings somewhere else like pCARS does?

Can't wait to try it. Only got my pad right now but when I have access to my T500RS again it's gonna be on.

Afro

I'll repost the gamepad settings I found in this thread since everyone is doing a clean install and might need them again.

Steering Speed: 44%
Gamma: 4
Filter: .85
Deadzone: .3

Btw, if you can't find the new hill climb, it's because it gets removed from the available track list when 'race' is selected. Choose time trial/practice instead.

bee

errr trying without the rift, think i may reinstall or something is wrong, it looks slightly better although the post processing is pretty bad at default, was gettin 120fps maxed before, now get 47fps lol with single car on track, 780's are at 50% and not clocking upto 1150 :/

edit: hmm still testing, turned post processing off and its now 90fps, 100fps limit :/ still not clocking up though cards still showing a 950mhz

edit 2: cards now clock up, one of the new effects must destroy fps, 35fps on spa maxed out at 1080p lol, too early to say on the new content but it at least looks good, won't be guinea pigging the rift tonight, gonna let others do the dirty work to get it running right

Hrm, preliminary reports on the Oculus subreddit don't seem to be too good.

a little underwhelming to be honest.
quite a hassle to get it working with the rift at all. firstly you have to make the rift primary to get a picture on it. then i have a weird bug that i dont have the options menu in the beginning? cant adjust my fuel load and setup. that leads to the fact that i can only drive with 1l at the moment before my car goes out.... after that i have to alt+f4 out.
menus arent integrated at all which is a big bummer really - that feels like project cars and grid autosport all over again. cant get my head around that the only racing game to pull it off properly is a many year old game developed from a few people while the triple a simulators dont get it working ... underwhelming.
once i had a picture on my rift in primray and set the refresh rate to 74hz inside the options menu (75 wasnt available) i had low persistence in the game. it looks good and gives you an idea and how good it could be. the graphics add something compared to lfs. but the positional tracking is off. way off i think. it extrapolates your position pretty drastically. rotating your head alone results in clipping to the left and right side of the formula abarth.
anyway. that was just a little heads up. going to work a little more with it.

Okay so I got it working but I cant seem to "start" any race, here's what I did. 1. Start game up and setup your wheel/controller options first as well as set in the view tab Oculus as the display 2. shut down game and make rift primary 3. Run the game and please use OBS to get through the menus else you're in for some trouble 4. I can get into the game but I can't start the race, without the rift a screen comes before the race that lets you press "RACE" but with the Oculus on that button doesnt appear at all.

Mine does not work at all with the DK2. Just a black screen and I can only hear engine noise.
I am on SDK 0.4.2, all Oculus services are running, DK2 is the primary monitor, in the options I selected "Oculus Rift".
Does it need any special treatment?
Edit: tried both "Extend Desktop to the HMD" as well as "Direct HMD Access from Apps" => same result.

As far as i've read and heard from the dev's the menu's are not VR optimized yet .

Hype deflating. I was hoping the menus were going to be addressed as that seems to be the most difficult part. I wonder if their is an official response on how they tested or setup the Rift to work (extended, primary/secondary, etc ... )

Still excited for the base game. I can't wait to jump into Career Mode!

Why did they backload all these changes anyway? I guess I shouldn't be surprised OR support seems to have been pushed to the side. Hopefully they'll come back to it soon.

It already has DK2 support?

You should take that 22% off while you can. If it becomes v.1 today, I'd expect it to go up rather than down. It will of course go down at some stage as all games do, but when that happens seems pretty random (other than Steam's famous summer sale).

Got it from someone on Kinguin, 50 percent off, not bad. Will try out tomorrow if DK2 works.

Phinor

AI still too slow at highest setting (though this varies from track to track, car to car, but generally too slow). I hope they keep improving that part, because I wasn't planning on playing AC online (iRacing is for that should I ever have enough time to race online).

I thought I'd check out the changes on a monitor first. Ahhh the sound is so much better. Some lovely graphical enhancements, shift lights glow really nicely in the cockpits now. Career looks nice... I think it could do with some music though.

Gonna try some DK2... brb

wickfut

Banned
tried this in VR. It placed me started on the floor behind the seats so I had a nice view of the handbrake. Changing my view didn't help much, although the car looked pretty from the outside in 3d. I later heard that pressing CTRL+Space centres the view, but after trying to get the thing working correctly by swapping screens and dragging windows, I just give up.

Menus are 2d. Game is in 3d so eye gymnastics ahoy.

To get 1080p 75hz you need to have a monitor which can match the DK2 @ 75hz 1080p... which I haven't so you can't view on the rift to see the menus to alter it to 75hz because it's out of view. Swapping back to the normal monitor to see it places the rift back to 60hz max.

To be frank. this is pointless, I seriously don't know why they bothered releasing it in something classed as a "release candidate version".
After having the pleasure of Alien: Isolation and Elite in VR some companies need to step their game up.

/\/\/\ Cool vid!

For those with DK2, report in! What tricks did you need to do? I don't want to have to mess around for 45 minutes before I play. Unfortunately I won't have much time tonight.

tried this in VR. It placed me started on the floor behind the seats so I had a nice view of the handbrake. Changing my view didn't help much, although the car looked pretty from the outside in 3d. I later heard that pressing CTRL+Space centres the view, but after trying to get the thing working correctly by swapping screens and dragging windows, I just give up.

To get 1080p 75hz you need to have a monitor which can match the DK2 @ 75hz 1080p... which I haven't so you can't view on the rift to see the menus to alter it to 75hz because it's out of view. Swapping back to the normal monitor to see it places the rift back to 60hz max.

To be frank. this is pointless, I seriously don't know why they bothered releasing it in something classed as a "release candidate version".
After having the pleasure of Alien: Isolation and Elite in VR some companies need to step their game up.

Dang. That sucks. You know, a few demos had this problem with my monitor too where it wouldn't go above my 60hz monitor. For some reason, not sure why ... when I lowered the resolution of my main monitor pretty low (think 1998-2001 resolution) I then had a selection of 75hz in the main monitor and was able to get the demos working.

Soi-Fong

I'll give them a little bit of time since this is their first DK2 outing. The scale is also off. Everything seems way too big. I really don't see why developers don't look at LFS and their menu and tracking system. It's perfect in LFS.

You have to have the primary be set to your Rift. When the launcher launches, press shift + windows button + right arrow cursor. Then you can drag the launcher into your other monitor.

It doesn't work. Don't bother.

It works, it's just not at the same level as Elite or LFS yet.

bj00rn_

Banned

I just moved the window to the monitor with Shift+Windows+Left arrow. The actual racing always starts up in the Rift anyway. Then I use alt+F4 to close the race and the menus automatically activates on the monitor. Could be better, but except it's a hassle to lift up the Rift to look at the monitor, until they "fix it" it works good enough for me.

The scale is HUGE, to sit in the cockpit feels like sitting in the middle of the grand canyon. The good thing is that the environment seems slightly clearer than in LFS.

Soi-Fong

I just moved the window to the monitor with Shift+Windows+Lef arrow. The actual racing always starts up in the Rift anyway. Then I use alt+F4 to close the race and the menus automatically activates on the monitor. Could be better, but except it's a hassle to lift up the Rift to look at the monitor, until they "fix it" it works good enough for me.

Only problem really is the scale. Everything is soo freaking large.

Soi-Fong

=(

Can you change the DOF or IPD spacing? Or is this inherent in the game itself?

I haven't seen that option in the game. Everything is bigger by like 2 or 3 times. It seems like it's in the game itself.

Edit: Just tried LFS again. Yeah, it's not just me. The scale is way off. The tracking is almost there, but I feel like everything is amplified a bit. The car seems to "move" with you. Even in the AC forums people are saying the scale is way off and the tracking needs a little bit of work.

Soi-Fong

Ok, I think the Rift support is currently borked. The game isn't rendering two seperate scenes. The same render is projected in both eyes.

Edit: Yep no seperation, so no 3D. It's basically just rendering as how it would in a monitor.

LilJoka

They released it so people like you with DK2 can tell them its no good, thats the point of early access etc.

Changes overall are very nice.

Top Bottom