• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

Seanspeed

Banned
Sucks about the seemingly unusable DK2 support. They've been good about fixing problems fairly quickly in the past, so hopefully that gets some attention, but I fear that with the vast amounts of changes made, that they'll have their hands full with other things.

Anyways, what about everything else?! I haven't had the chance to play it and probably wont til tomorrow. Tire damage, mechanical and aero damage, Spa, Trento, new cars, blah blah, how is it?

Also, I hear that the 458 GT2 and the Z4 GT3 are the only cars so far with brand new sounds. Everything else is running under the new sound engine and with new effects, but are still using the same sound samples(which will all be redone over time).

bj00rn_

Banned
Ok, I think the Rift support is currently borked. The game isn't rendering two seperate scenes. The same render is projected in both eyes.

Edit: Yep no seperation, so no 3D. It's basically just rendering as how it would in a monitor.

Yup. I was so stunned by the scale that I felt something was wrong but didn't realize it immediately that it was because didn't have a stereoscopic image. I knew something was up when I couldn't do the turns as precise as I expected..

Seanspeed

Banned
They are adding more tracks right?
A couple, but no, this is not Gran Turismo where they'll have 30+ tracks or anything. No offense, but did you do no research about what you were buying?

There are a ton of track mods, though. The game was built for modding. You wont be lacking for content, don't worry.

They are saying to do a fresh install, backup replays/fastest laps/apps/tracks/cars/whatever.

1.0.0 RC
- Assetto Corsa is now feature complete
- General bugfixing and performance optimizations
- Visual damages enabled
- Aero damage implemented for all cars
- Engine damage implemented for all cars
- Suspension damage implemented for all cars
- Tyre Damage System
- Pit stop implemented for online races
- Multiplayer improvements
- New audio engine implemented
- New post processing effects enabled, heat shimmering, god rays etc
- New car : Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde model 2013
- New car : Ferrari 458 GT2
- New car : Ferrari LaFerrari
- New car : Lotus 2 Eleven GT4
- New car : Lotus Evora GTE Carbon
- New car : Lotus Exige S
- New car : Lotus Exige V6 CUP
- New car : Mercedes AMG SLS GT3
- New car : Shelby Cobra 427SC
- New track : Silverstone National
- New track : Spa Francorchamps
- New track : Trento Bondone hillclimb
- Audio sample improvements and volume balancing
- Added track reverb zones
- Fixed Traction Control always engaged in particular conditions
- TC and ABS factory settings now work properly
- Tuned distance filter and attenuation for exterior sounds
- Balanced performances for GT2/GT3 cars
- Lotus 49, Lotus 98T, Ferrari 312T have lower default rev limiters. Can go over 100% but damage may occur on higher revs
- Improvements on digital instruments cockpits for various cars
- Added track sound reverb
- Added different sounds for car to car, car to objects and car to track collisions
- Improvements on automatic gearbox on various cars
- All the tracks have been improved and updated with collidable objects
- Overall interior samples volume correction and balance
- Overall exterior samples volume correction
- Tuned wind and tyre rolling volumes and curves
- Tuned kerb pitch and volume according with speed
- Tuned ambience(crowd) volume
- Tuned interior and exterior gearshift sounds
- Steer animations for Ferrari 458 S3
- Small fix on the front Pagani Zonda R tyres
- LOD4 implemented to increase framerate performances
- Drivetrain damage for cars with H shifter gearboxes.
- Traction control sound now works for all cars
- Showroom bugfixing and improvements
- Added tyre blankets under realism tab. The setting is global for all cars and pre heats tyres at 80 C
- Career now available
- New 3D driver models
- BMW Z4 GT3 aero balancing, rear wings stalls more on low values
- New TCP/UDP server
- All tyres have graining and blistering enabled
- All tyres have rim radius
- Fixed all F1 cameras for all vehicles
- Fixed all F6 cameras for all vehicles
- GUI improvements
- Driver animations improvements
- Replay now records the current leaderboard
- Oculus DK2 support
- Single player Qualify improved

Shit sounds amazing. Can't wait to try this out.

I am also very excited for the Nordschleife-Update together with RUFs.

paskowitz

Performance optimization has definitely gotten worse. With everything maxed and AA at 2x I am still getting drops below 60fps with a single car. I am running a OC'd GTX980... so yeah... that should not happen. I am also getting very high temps, 60-70c (not even pCARS at max does that).

CPU performance also remains unoptimized. Running grids greater than ~16 cars produces that annoying >95% CPU usage warning (which still cannot be disabled) and slow down for the first 10-30sec of gameplay. (I have a 4670k @4.4ghz)

I know they want to release the game ASAP but honestly, they should wait. The career mode is super bare bones (basically linear progression of the special events), the UI is still unorganized (no way to go to career mode after selecting any other mode), saving and loading default car setups is still a pain, as is saving a race configuration amongst other things.

ATM the main pros are kinda what we already know/had, the content (cars and tracks) that is there is top notch (modeling, physics, etc).

Honestly, as was likely always the case, AC is, and will be, a great base for the sim modding community. IMO this is why you buy AC. From cars to tracks to apps, it is amazing the content that has been pushed out in the last year. Not since rFactor 1 and GTR2 has there been such an influx of mods. We are not at Skyrim levels but if the pace continues AC may one day get to that point.

And with that in mind... I say join the party.

Also, everyone should keep in mind that around ~15 people made this game (they have added more recently). Kunos is not Slightly Mad Studios or Simbin/Sector3 or Image Space.

Skyzard

Banned
^ modding doesn't shout quality to me. maybe 1/25 mods

A couple, but no, this is not Gran Turismo where they'll have 30+ tracks or anything. No offense, but did you do no research about what you were buying?

There are a ton of track mods, though. The game was built for modding. You wont be lacking for content, don't worry.

Such a puny selection though. Feels so bare bones, I thought they were like 25% into development with how things were looking before this update..

I've got a bunch of mod tracks, some of which are decent but ... damn. PC isn't far off at least.

-__-

Maybe if it didn't crash after every race or the fps didn't drop so hard on time trial... RC... needs another 3-6 months.

Hire more people if you don't have enough.

I was enjoying the game but that was because it was working and I was expecting it to receive a lot more polish and a respectable amount of official content, and for these old performance and running issues to be ironed out.

The car physics vary so wildly too, I was expecting some sort of consistently but it feels like I have to relearn the game mechanics from scratch with each car.

And still with the scrapbook UI.

Seanspeed

Banned
Such a puny selection though. Feels so bare bones, I thought they were like 25% into development with how things were looking before this update..
Ok man. I don't know what you thought this game was. Enjoy Project Cars when it comes out. And thanks for supporting Kunos with your purchase. :)

I was enjoying the game but that was because it was working and I was expecting it to receive a lot more polish and a respectable amount of official content, and for these old performance and running issues to be ironed out.
I don't know what 'old' performance issues you're talking about. The game ran fine before.

As for expecting a ton more content, again, it sounds like you had no idea what you were buying.

The car physics vary so wildly too, I was expecting some sort of consistently but it feels like I have to relearn the game mechanics from scratch with each car.
????

I'm starting to suspect you just bought the game and are trying to make it sound like you didn't.

Different cars require different driving styles, but the physics are quite consistent.

Soi-Fong

^ modding doesn't shout quality to me. maybe 1/25 mods

I've got a bunch of mod tracks, some of which are decent but ... damn. PC isn't far off at least.

-__-

Maybe if it didn't crash after every race or the fps didn't drop so hard on time trial... RC... needs another 3-6 months.

Hire more people if you don't have enough.

The big thing is each track in the game is laser-scanned which means they're 100% accurate to the real thing.

Skyzard

Banned
The big thing is each track in the game is laser-scanned which means they're 100% accurate to the real thing.

It's awesome that they did that, but if they knew they couldn't do it for too many tracks due to costs/time/practicality/getting away with it/whatever they should have at least added some hill climbs or something to flesh out the official selection some, just a drag and drift track? bah

I don't know what 'old' performance issues you're talking about. The game ran fine before.

As for expecting a ton more content, again, it sounds like you had no idea what you were buying.

????

I'm starting to suspect you just bought the game and are trying to make it sound like you didn't.

Different cars require different driving styles, but the physics are quite consistent.

I bought the game months back. Sure different driving styles of course, but the responsiveness and feedback between each is ... super inconsistent.

Performance issues like crashing after every race session (you get your time etc after you exit and then it hangs). Used to have this ages ago and now it's back. 95% cpu occupancy bullshit popup while I'm racing with 8 other AI on a 4770K at 4.4GHz. Buggy ass menus.

bee

PC isn't far off at least.

we're talking about the same game right?

Seanspeed

Banned
I bought the game months back. Sure different driving styles of course, but the responsiveness and feedback between each is ... super inconsistent.
Its really not. :/

Performance issues like crashing after every race session (you get your time etc after you exit and then it hangs). Used to have this ages ago and now it's back. 95% cpu occupancy bullshit popup while I'm racing with 8 other AI on a 4770K at 4.4GHz. Buggy ass menus.
Haven't experienced this crashing after races. CPU warning I've gotten at times, but not in a long time. Never had any problems with the menus.

I don't know man. How have you been playing this for months and known so little about what the game was going to offer?

Soi-Fong

Are you all using a wheel? Still on my pad, haven't the space yet for the steering wheel.

Yeah. Also, Skyzard that's a good thing that you have to "relearn" the game each time you drive a new car. That's a good thing because each car feels different which is how it should be. The way I drive the BMW E3 M30 should be different from the way I drive the LaFerrari.

Sucks about the seemingly unusable DK2 support. They've been good about fixing problems fairly quickly in the past, so hopefully that gets some attention, but I fear that with the vast amounts of changes made, that they'll have their hands full with other things.

Anyways, what about everything else?! I haven't had the chance to play it and probably wont til tomorrow. Tire damage, mechanical and aero damage, Spa, Trento, new cars, blah blah, how is it?

Also, I hear that the 458 GT2 and the Z4 GT3 are the only cars so far with brand new sounds. Everything else is running under the new sound engine and with new effects, but are still using the same sound samples(which will all be redone over time).
First car I tried was the Elise (the one from the first tech preview - seemed to be the default), and I'd swear it has new sound samples because it sounds totally different, much more raw and throaty. That said, I've not driven it for several builds so perhaps it got a sound update earlier.

Not sure if they were always there and I'm just listening harder for new things, but I keep hearing the paddle shift noise, and it happens on the animation (which is late) rather than on the shift, so there is a mixed up order of sound where the engine note has already changed and then you hear the paddle click.

Tried some tyre lock ups, they seem to work as you'd expect, plenty of vibration through the FFB if you lock the fronts, and seems to have a greater effect on the softer slicks. No visual flat spot though.

458 GT2 seems way too easy to drive with TC off. Has some nice additional squeaks in its sound package.

LaFerrari is wonderful, some very interesting-feeling assists, and a totally different animal with it all switched off. Doesn't feel as heavy as I expected though.

Not driven the Formula Abarth for ages - feels like some nice improvements there, but could have happened a while ago. Used to feel like the tyres were skipping about too much when putting the power down after a bump, that's mostly gone.

The 12C still doesn't downshift properly.

T500 d-pad still doesn't work.

That's about all I've tested so far... off to Spa I go!

Cartman86

Banned
DK2 stuff is as janky is it ever is on most everything else, but when it's running it runs very well. Head isn't popping out of roof like some other racing games etc. The way I get it to work is

1 secondary monitor running OBS that lets me see what's on the second monitor (which is the DK2 set to primary). Once I get everything set up in the game using OBS I stop previewing the DK2 on OBS (to save on performance) and I select "Start" in the game which can be seen using your right eye. The Oculus enabled game now starts. Press ctrl+space to reset view and you are good. I haven't yet figured out how to get back into game if you press esc or alt+tab away. The game stops responding to inputs if you do that so I Alt+F4 back to the main menu of the game.

Skyzard

Banned
Its really not. :/

Haven't experienced this crashing after races. CPU warning I've gotten at times, but not in a long time. Never had any problems with the menus.

I don't know man. How have you been playing this for months and known so little about what the game was going to offer?

I'll try deleting.

I don't know it doesn't say anywhere to "expect barely anything" :p

Okay it's early and some of the mods are good. A lot aren't. But yeah it's early.

Some mods are really good though...

Yeah. Also, Skyzard that's a good thing that you have to "relearn" the game each time you drive a new car. That's a good thing because each car feels different which is how it should be. The way I drive the BMW E3 M30 should be different from the way I drive the LaFerrari.

I get what you mean...but they don't feel good with a controller.

Best thing that felt to drive was a mod:
http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/assetto-corsa-kutch-2ksl-download-car.5365/

Seanspeed

Banned
First car I tried was the Elise (the one from the first tech preview - seemed to be the default), and I'd swear it has new sound samples because it sounds totally different, much more raw and throaty. That said, I've not driven it for several builds so perhaps it got a sound update earlier.

Not sure if they were always there and I'm just listening harder for new things, but I keep hearing the paddle shift noise, and it happens on the animation (which is late) rather than on the shift, so there is a mixed up order of sound where the engine note has already changed and then you hear the paddle click.

Tried some tyre lock ups, they seem to work as you'd expect, plenty of vibration through the FFB if you lock the fronts, and seems to have a greater effect on the softer slicks. No visual flat spot though.

458 GT2 seems way too easy to drive with TC off. Has some nice additional squeaks in its sound package.

LaFerrari is wonderful, some very interesting-feeling assists, and a totally different animal with it all switched off. Doesn't feel as heavy as I expected though.

Not driven the Formula Abarth for ages - feels like some nice improvements there, but could have happened a while ago. Used to feel like the tyres were skipping about too much when putting the power down after a bump, that's mostly gone.

The 12C still doesn't downshift properly.

T500 d-pad still doesn't work.

That's about all I've tested so far... off to Spa I go!
Cool, thanks. Really cant wait to try it out tomorrow. Hearing mixed reports about the sounds, too. Weird.

In terms of the Abarth, the general ability to ride curbs/bumps seemed to have improved with the last update, so that might be why you're noticing the ability to put the power down easier.

Where are they saying to do a fresh install? If the devs said it, I'll do it, but I don't want to have to redownload the whole game based on a hunch.
Marco said it on Facebook.

I think its mainly so that when people are reporting bugs, they can rule out issues with mods and whatnot. Which makes sense given how heavily modded many people's games already are. But its probably not mandatory if you're not interested in bug reporting or anything.

I don't know it doesn't say anywhere to "expect barely anything" :p
Barely anything is a ridiculous exaggeration. The quality of the content is very high, too.

Anyways, it was made clear what would be available for 1.0 from the very beginning. I don't know what else to say.

TJP

I got the following message from URD:

As Kunos has released Assetto Corsa V1 we got reports about sounds issue at the moment. We are not sure yet if all systems have the issues but from reports so far many dont have sounds at the moment.

We are working to solve this as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding!

Obviously some mods will be affected by the changes to AC..

Some interesting feedback here - disappointed to read a GTX 980 is struggling to run AC!

LilJoka

Some interesting feedback here - disappointed to read a GTX 980 is struggling to run AC!

Just got to turn a few things down like reflections.

Skyzard

Banned
Barely anything is a ridiculous exaggeration. The quality of the content is very high, too.

Anyways, it was made clear what would be available for 1.0 from the very beginning. I don't know what else to say.

If they made it obvious that this is what we were getting and I missed it then fair enough. I should probably delete my mods just to see how much of it is official, can't tell at the moment. Would be good if they let you sort the mods in a category.

Okay, maybe I was a tad harsh after it reset my config and I was running into old issues, it felt like a lack of polish.

Smoke to low.
Desktop resolution (not in-game) down to 2560 from 4k to prevent the crashing after every race.

New cars feel pretty good admittedly. Should probably try some of the others out.
But I still can't glance left, right or look backwards with my controller (x1), even after setting it up manually. I don't think the handbrake even works. I'm pretty sure it never has - although that might be to do with some cars not having them but I'm not sure.

-apparently the glancing issue is to do with facenoir being installed (doesn't have to be running) which is like the free trackir.

bj00rn_

Banned
disappointed to read a GTX 980 is struggling to run AC!

Wait, what?? Where did you hear that?

I have a GTX 970 and I'm running at 140-150 frames per second in 1080p at almost everything maxed (4xAA, max world detail etc) (only reflection I have at medium)! Solid 63-80 fps in 4K without cockpit, 55-75 with cockpit an 2xAA (still 4K) (Did a little testing at Vallelunga). So what am I "doing wrong" to get these relatively high framerates if a GTX 980 is "struggling"..?

Shitty imgur incoming, don't look at the IQ..
44RXyQE.png
I was lying, it's only ~120fps in cockpit.. I was playing with a bumper cam when I got 140-150fps

(Disclaimer: My testing is far from scientific..)

Korezo

Sli plays way better now, with 99% of the settings set to max with the exception of smoke generation left in normal and motion blur left to 0 while hotlaping I got 60fps 100% of the times which was impossible before and in a race the game stays at 60fps 95% of the times. 2 970s and a 2600k.

subwilde

If they made it obvious that this is what we were getting and I missed it then fair enough. I should probably delete my mods just to see how much of it is official, can't tell at the moment. Would be good if they let you sort the mods in a category.

Okay, maybe I was a tad harsh after it reset my config and I was running into old issues, it felt like a lack of polish.

Smoke to low.
Desktop resolution (not in-game) down to 2560 from 4k to prevent the crashing after every race.

New cars feel pretty good admittedly. Should probably try some of the others out.
But I still can't glance left, right or look backwards with my controller (x1), even after setting it up manually. I don't think the handbrake even works. I'm pretty sure it never has - although that might be to do with some cars not having them but I'm not sure.

-apparently the glancing issue is to do with facenoir being installed (doesn't have to be running) which is like the free trackir.

I don't know how serious you plan on getting with AC but a wheel will really do wonders. I would be livid if all the cars felt the same while driving with my wheel.

When I tried playing with a controller I was honestly shocked at how much I didn't like it. Partly because I didn't do any setting tweaks(which I will recommend if you don't get a wheel). It felt like I was driving on ice with some cars and on a hot wheels slot track with others :p

artsi

I have a GTX 970 and I'm running at 140-150 frames per second in 1080p at almost everything maxed (4xAA, max world detail etc) (only reflection I have at medium)! Solid 63-80 fps in 4K without cockpit, 55-75 with cockpit an 2xAA (still 4K) (Did a little testing at Vallelunga). So what am I "doing wrong" to get these relatively high framerates if a GTX 980 is "struggling"..?

Yeah, I got GTX 780 and no problems so far. AC runs pretty well now.

bj00rn_

Banned
Right above you - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134493722&postcount=2510

I'm not shitting on AC; I was reciting what was already posted in this thread.

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was annoyed or anything, I was just so surprised to see someone with a GTX980 get so low framerates.

Yeah, obviously that guy's computer must be ill or something, the low framerate doesn't make any sense.

For those who wonder: I have a i7 3770k (not OC'ed) and a MSI GTX970 (not OC'ed by me). I'm running AC with dynamic post-process effects as well BTW.

TJP

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was annoyed or anything, I was just so surprised to see someone with a GTX980 get so low framerates.
It's all good - all part of the joy of typing words onto a forum ;)

As for the GTX 980 running AC so poorly - it's just the one user thus far and it could be any number of reasons as to why. RD isn't inundated with complaints about optimisation although accounts of poor oculus rift support are popping up.

Skyzard

Banned
I don't know how serious you plan on getting with AC but a wheel will really do wonders. I would be livid if all the cars felt the same while driving with my wheel.

When I tried playing with a controller I was honestly shocked at how much I didn't like it. Partly because I didn't do any setting tweaks(which I will recommend if you don't get a wheel). It felt like I was driving on ice with some cars and on a hot wheels slot track with others :p

I need about a foot more before I can squeeze my g25 with the stand here ha.

I turned down deadzone a bit and the newer cars are feeling a lot better but that driving on ice is exactly what I was feeling with quite a few of the cars.

It's good though, had quite a few nice sessions and just noticed they released a hillclimb track so about to jump back in.

No issues, was being a noob earlier, not giving it or the update a fair chance. Although it would be nice if they sort those issues with 4k and facetracknoir. Also Oculus Rift from what I'm hearing.

Been meaning to ask this for a while -
Is it just me or does the whole world shake instead of the car or camera. You can see it when at a stop.

paskowitz

Shitty imgur incoming, don't look at the IQ..

I was lying, it's only ~120fps in cockpit.. I was playing with a bumper cam when I got 140-150fps

(Disclaimer: My testing is far from scientific..)

Right above you - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134493722&postcount=2510

I'm not shitting on AC; I was reciting what was already posted in this thread.

Yeah, obviously that guy's computer must be ill or something, the low framerate doesn't make any sense.

For those who wonder: I have a i7 3770k (not OC'ed) and a MSI GTX970 (not OC'ed by me). I'm running AC with dynamic post-process effects as well BTW.

As for the GTX 980 running AC so poorly - it's just the one user thus far and it could be any number of reasons as to why. RD isn't inundated with complaints about optimisation although accounts of poor oculus rift support are popping up.

Oookay... looks like I got some explaining to do.

When I said drops... I meant "occasional sudden drops in frame rate". I lock my framerate with Rivatuner to 61fps (display is 60hz). I noticed that I would sometimes get sudden drops into the 40fps range.

Now after some further investigation, I found that this happens most frequently on the first lap (usually within 3 corners) when a track is loaded for the first time and does not occur otherwise.

I only had this happen once (after 10 track loads) with the post processing turned down a notch. So at this point, I would consider that a non issue. It is also possible this is an issue outside of my GPU (feel free to comment).

With that said, there are still some issue that remain. With many cars on track, I am noticing mediocre performance. Any time there is a large collision or crash I get a ~5-10fps drop/studder. The worst issue is the GPU load and heat. I am constantly above 70% load and heat is between 60-72c. That is very high for what should be a relatively light GPU resource game. What is strange is I have noticed this on Kunos tracks and modded tracks. Like I said, not even pCARS does this for me and I think it is safe to say, that is a more graphically complex game.

Performance in dusk/dawn conditions is improved though (this tanked FPS on my old GTX770).

cant wait to get home and play this, are people still avoiding turning off reflections to maximum even with 900 series cards? it seems like everybody who can max out the game leaves that setting on medium or low

cant wait to get home and play this, are people still avoiding turning off reflections to maximum even with 900 series cards? it seems like everybody who can max out the game leaves that setting on medium or low
2500k/780 user here and I'm running:

-3840x1620
-reflections on low
-smoke on low
-most post processing fx on low
-pretty much everything else maxed out

And I can maintain 70fps with ease.

Downsampling + AA + FXAA = where have all the pixels gone?

paskowitz

Does the KERS work on the LaFerrari?

Yes. Really well actually. If you have played GT6 it is a lot like the Toyota TS03. 2, 3, 4th gear acceleration and throttle response is brutal. You can actually see the KERS energy on the dash as you use it under acceleration and regenerate it under braking. Really cool feature.

I have a GTX980. Was just trying it in VR, but yeah, until they get proper VR in this, it's not going to work. Performance was great though. I didn't change anything from the defaults, but it was definitely comfortably do 75+ fps at those settings. Just not doing it in actual proper 3D. Hopefully that's a quick patch coming soon.

paskowitz

Update 2 of my impressions:

At this stage, I am pretty sure my CPU is what is causing the hickups. Looking at afterburner when I got my framerate drops, my GPU usage (power, frequency, ram usage) remains steady, but my CPU usage spikes. If anyone has a GTX980 I would be interested in your performance with 25+ cars on track. I am going to try turning down my CPU clock, in the off chance my CPU just does not like AC at 4.4ghz.

So at 1080p everything max (except for post and reflection refresh or whatever, which are at high) I seem to run between GPU 55c-69c. The power usage is constantly above 100% and usually ~105%.

What is interesting is that with the same settings, but AA off and DSR and 3x and 4x I get 70c and 75c respectively and ~110% power usage. I also get great performance at 3x with 60fps locked with 1 car on track and 55-60fps with ~16 cars. At 4x I get 55-60fps with 1 car and 45-55fps with ~16 cars.

I am no expert with this DSR stuff, but the game seems to scale pretty well, better than pCARS even. The IQ at 4x DSR is really good as well. AA is completely unnecessary and the game just looks great, especially foliage and shadows. Fences and posts still have some aliasing though.

On to physics. I am just using a gamepad ATM (CSWv2 isn't coming until December :( ) so take this with a grain of salt. The stock gamepad settings are pretty good for a PC sim. Much better than a couple months ago. IMO AC is completely driveable with a gamepad with TC and ABS off, even in a car like the LaFerrari. With assists it is very manageable.

AC has IMO the best sensation of lift off oversteer in sims. It happens when you expect and you have to respect it. Braking is a little strange as I sometimes can't tell if I am over or underbraking, but this may be more sound effects than physics. Race cars still feel a little to grippy up to the limit and then a little too punishing over the limit.

Finally, the Alfa Romeo hatch is awesome! It reminds me off when I drove the Focus ST IRL. Lift off, turn in, back comes around and feed power. Car feels really good. Great car for Laguna Seca.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yeah I basically just can't control it reliably - will try that car next thanks.
I couldn't control that F40 with a pad for the life of me. Had relatively little trouble with everything else, but that car just wouldn't cooperate. I felt it had a lotvto do with the steering. I know the F40 had a non-standard steering ratio which may have something to do with it?

Top Bottom