• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot |OT| Robot in disguises

AW FUCK YEAH THE ASTRO BOT CONTROLLER WENT IN STOCK AT AMAZON AND I FUCKING GOT ONE ON ORDER

Sorry I had to shout this one, the fucking scalpers are unbearable these days

bosnianpie

Quick question about the new bots announced in the SoP - are they only obtainable through the multiplayer speedrun levels? Do I need PS Plus?

Gerdav

Got the platinum today, this is easily game of the year and it should be made illegal to own a PS5 without this game.
DOnsD7a.png

Bartski

Gold Member
Platinum 100%! Game is almost absolute perfection. Peak wholesome family entertainment and a must play nostalgia trip for every PlayStation nerd. Those journos writing stories how it's a "soulless PlayStation brand trip" need therapy.
Downsides? IMO music in Playroom was on another level. I've never played a 3d Mario game and have no real point of reference but I can't imagine how it's not one of the very best games of the genre.

9,5/10.

Last edited:
Holy shit at some of these cameos, seriously, lots of surprises, I've been smiling ear-to-ear ever since I started 👌

Edit: And let me add screenshots don't do this game justice, they look washed out and flat. On my OLED this is legit one of the best looking games I've ever played seriously buy an OLED if you haven't already), vibrant, everything popping off the screen, the animations, particle effects and physics a feast for the eyes.

Disagree and Im on Oled...the black levels are too raised to get the most out of HDR ...its a weak implementation compared tp Spiderman, Ragnarok, Demons Souls, and Last of Us

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Disagree and Im on Oled...the black levels are too raised to get the most out of HDR ...its a weak implementation compared tp Spiderman, Ragnarok, Demons Souls, and Last of Us

Feel free to disagree lol, not all OLED's are the same and a lot hinges on how you have your picture settings set-up in the first place. I didn't need to adjust a single thing with Astrobot, it looked perfect from the get-go 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wish I could enjoy these types of games, specially after all the praises in the reviews but I dont know, I find this one in particular very childlish and I dont get excited when seeing gameplay. Anyway hope you guys enjoy it

The problem is the game is wayyy too easy ...i don't know why devs are going to these extreme levels of easiness in platformers but the game wouldve beem so muxh better with just a little bit of challenge ...how many times can we hover over an enemy for a one hit kill and and not be bored? This is the main type of encounter and it hasn't progressed to something a little more involved and im halfway through the game ....yes, the game has creativity in other ways but this isn't good design

Feel free to disagree lol, not all OLED's are the same and a lot hinges on how you have your picture settings set-up in the first place. I didn't need to adjust a single thing with Astrobot, it looked perfect from the get-go 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's true but then how do you explain why the other Sony exclusives look amazing for me ...same settings across all games

Bartski

Gold Member
The problem is the game is wayyy too easy ...i don't know why devs are going to these extreme levels of easiness in platformers but the game wouldve beem so muxh better with just a little bit of challenge ...how many times can we hover over an enemy for a one hit kill and and not be bored? This is the main type of encounter and it hasn't progressed to something a little more involved and im halfway through the game ....yes, the game has creativity in other ways but this isn't good design
ask David

Why do you expect a billion dollar company to invest resources into 'fixing' something that is only an issue to a tiny fraction of their customers? I mean if you don't believe that profitable companies don't prioritize satisfying a minority, then you don't really understand what makes any company successful.

Of all the things to defend you choose something that is a basic, fundamental aspect of HDR as not worth them getting right ..weird ..when you're hirred to do a job you're supposed to get the basics correct

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
That "To the beat" X level was some serious bullshit. I got through it eventually but throwing that last alternating high and low bird shit for the very last thing was an asshole move

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
This level took me 35 tries and if it wasn't cause I was using my new edge controller I bought yesterday I would had been 1 controller less. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Video of the winning run.

I didn't realize you could throw the rubber ducky. That would have saved me a lot of time. I took a similar path as you in the first part, but at first I tried going far left thinking it was easier and quicker, but it was folly.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If it were as simple as that then you didn't need to go on and on about how it "spoiled" the game for you.

It spoilt the end of the game for me. It's not hard to grasp. A game celebrating Sony and the game that is the most boring POS theyve released since their PS4 reign is positioned as their flagship last level of such a great game.

I'm struggling to see how you can't understand where I'm coming from here?

Topher

Gold Member
It spoilt the end of the game for me. It's not hard to grasp. A game celebrating Sony and the game that is the most boring POS theyve released since their PS4 reign is positioned as their flagship last level of such a great game.

I'm struggling to see how you can't understand where I'm coming from here?

Because that isn't what you said.

"And one major issue that actually really soured my entire experience."

And that level was actually fun as hell to play. It just had a Horizon theme. Somehow that ruined your "entire experience"? Now you are saying it just ruined the ending, but that wasn't even the ending. So how am I supposed to understand where you are coming from when nothing you are saying even makes sense?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

And that level was actually fun as hell to play. It just had a Horizon theme. Somehow that ruined your "entire experience"? Now you are saying it just ruined the ending, but that wasn't even the ending. So how am I supposed to understand where you are coming from when nothing you are saying even makes sense?

It did change my entire outlook on the whole game as I know that Hulst will have forced the studio to make that shite game the last level of the main worlds. Yes there is stuff to do after but it was the the last "themed" game. I still love the game, but that spoilt my overall view of the game. It's not that hard.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

The Simpsons GIF

Topher

Gold Member
It did change my entire outlook on the whole game as I know that Hulst will have forced the studio to make that shite game the last level of the main worlds. Yes there is stuff to do after but it was the the last "themed" game. I still love the game, but that spoilt my overall view of the game. It's not that hard.

And I think that's a stupid take away from such a great game. That isn't hard to understand either.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Honestly, sometimes this place and the ever insistent dream of getting people with "gotchas" is just pathetic.

Astro bot is a great game, i don't like horizon. Its fine to have that opinion FFS.

Last edited:

XXL

Honestly, sometimes this place and the ever insistent dream of getting people with "gotchas" is just pathetic.

Astro bot is a great game, i don't like horizon. Its fine to have that opinion FFS.
It's because you're a liar.

Example.

A few months ago
Give me locked games at 60 fps and minimum 1440p with the bells and whistles and I'm happy. Something I thought ps5 would offer but I'm in acceptance now.

Plus who doesn't like buying new hardware. Like I keep reiterating, make it 799 and a banger.

Today
600 with a disk drive and stand = im rushing to preorder - 700 with disk drive and stand and Im day one but a little apprehensive. £830 with disk drive and stand and they can suck my cock! lol
why you always lying GIF

You got more than what you wanted.

Sorry to derail this thread. But this guys is a straight up liar and shouldn't be taken seriously.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's because you're a liar.

Example.

A few months ago

Today

why you always lying GIF

You got more than what you wanted.

Sorry to derail this thread. But this guys is a straight up liar and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Nice derail, It doesnt come with a disk drive. Infact, I don't need to justify to you how I don't think something is worth its price tag. Just put me on ignore, please.

I said give me a banger, I don't feel it is a banger for its price. You do you.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Quick question about the new bots announced in the SoP - are they only obtainable through the multiplayer speedrun levels? Do I need PS Plus?

There won't be any multiplayer levels as far as I know. Just singleplayer speedrun levels with online leaderboards. You never need PS+ for stuff like that, only for actual multiplayer.

Top Bottom