• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot |OT| Robot in disguises

tommib

Nothing will dethrone Returnal imo, but let's add to the greatness sure!
We’re best friends now.

Pro Wrestling Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Are there levels with timers in this game? Like 1:58 for the gold, 2:10 for the silver kind of shit or can you just relax and take your time in a level?

Shit with timers always puts me off.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Holy shit! Ape Escape lives! Maybe this was their pitch, let them make a whole game 🙏🏻

Are there levels with timers in this game? Like 1:58 for the gold, 2:10 for the silver kind of shit or can you just relax and take your time in a level?

Shit with timers always puts me off.

I've 100% completed the first world and not so far.

Kirkio

I wasn't going to bother with this. I really enjoyed the pack in game that came with the PS5 but it's not the typical type of game I would buy anymore.

These reviews and impressions have won me over though, downloading right now and will have an old school gaming weekend.

My son has just started to try and play things (he's 4), so this seems like a good game to let him play around with too, can't wait!

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Holy shit at some of these cameos, seriously, lots of surprises, I've been smiling ear-to-ear ever since I started 👌

Edit: And let me add screenshots don't do this game justice, they look washed out and flat. On my OLED this is legit one of the best looking games I've ever played seriously buy an OLED if you haven't already), vibrant, everything popping off the screen, the animations, particle effects and physics a feast for the eyes.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
GOTY

The amount of passion, love and care that went into this project is nothing short of astounding, it's bursting at the seams with charm and whimsy, a colourful wonderland of delight. I have so much to say, more later! 🥳

Edit: and the OST is 💯💯💯💯💯💯

How do i reveal the spoiler?

They nailed the controls. I've played like 10 minutes of it lol but it immediately jumped out at me. This isn't Little Big Planets weird floaty wonky bullshit or even Mario where it over controls all the time. This is way better imo. Maybe Ratchet and Clank had good controls too? I don't really remember now but other than maybe that this has to be the best controlling platformer I've played in forever.

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
This level tho (world 2)

Once again, vids/pics look washed out, when seeing it on an OLED I promise the visuals are amongst the best you've ever seen and it runs like a dream.

Found another bot that's a super throwback, only OG PlayStation heads will recognize it *heh heh*.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
That Raziel animation at the home hub though 💯💯💯 And love that my boy Kain is here too! When I say they went all out with the PlayStation love/memories I mean they went ALL.OUT.

ManaByte

I'm going through the hardest three weeks of my life right now. And I'm not exaggerating. Two weeks ago tomorrow was literally the worst day of my life and I almost didn't make it through those first few days. Things are improving but my life won't be back to normal for another week at least (hopefully sooner if things keep improving), but this morning the pure distilled joy of Astro Bot is what I needed to get me through another rough weekend before I have to return to work on Monday.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I cleared the first world. I really love how the game is always throwing fun and interesting stuff at the player. The only negative is the game is very easy. I only got hit a total of one time clearing the whole first world and didn't miss any jumps.

Top Bottom