• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot |OT| Robot in disguises

Delt31

I enabled the ability to move the camera quickly via the 0 button. Surprised that wasn’t by default. Couldn’t deal with using the right stick to move it when I wanted to look directly forward.

It’s in options - camera settings.

Last edited:

xanaum

I'm playing this, I've already got Snake's astro bots, Psycho Mantis and Gray Fox. I'm in love with this game, we have a strong candidate for GOTY here

So, am I the only one with a blank “bonus contents” code in my retail copy? Bought from GameStop in Canada.

I just want the avatars.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Game of the generation.

xckOwEH.jpeg

45acY7o.jpeg

UqFPFbH.jpeg

Is there somewhere I can find a list of the references, because I’m not sure which characters are like homages to other games and which aren’t - such as the big King Kong boss and the alien? Are these from older Sony titles?

Last edited:

nial

Is there somewhere I can find a list of the references, because I’m not sure which characters are like homages to other games and which aren’t - such as the big King Kong boss and the alien? Are these from older Sony titles?
No, those bosses are original characters that first appeared in Astro Bot Rescue Mission (if you don't have a PSVR, I would still recommend watching some gameplay).
Here you go: https://www.ign.com/articles/astro-bot-every-playstation-character-easter-eggs

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
Best platformer since Super Mario Galaxy 2 and one of the best games I’ve ever played. With all due respect to Elden Ring and Breath of The Wild, this is the game of the generation.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Best platformer since Super Mario Galaxy 2 and one of the best games I’ve ever played. With all due respect to Elden Ring and Breath of The Wild, this is the game of the generation.

You mean Tears of the Kingdom?

Says a lot when just everyspeak gets them mixed up 😂

Should’ve really differentiated itself but alas 😂

Either or. As long we’re in agreement they’re both 9th gen games. Tears did nothing for me though.
Botw released on the WiiU like a few months before Switch.

After the first few hours of this game, I’m loving it, but I also feel like maybe a platformer can’t be the only game I’m playing. After about 4ish levels or so I wanna play something else for a bit. Like this will be my 20s something side bitch. Ha!

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
Botw released on the WiiU like a few months before Switch.

After the first few hours of this game, I’m loving it, but I also feel like maybe a platformer can’t be the only game I’m playing. After about 4ish levels or so I wanna play something else for a bit. Like this will be my 20s something side bitch. Ha!

Pretty sure it released same day as the Switch version. At least it did in the US.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Just played the opening hour. The game looks awesome. I like that there's tons of little physics objects and when you run through them they make cool sound effects. Sounds great in the Pulse3D headset.

ElRenoRaven

So finally got through the first boss. Gotta say this game is pure amazing fun. Is it easy yea but I don't care. I'm old. It's fun and has me smiling the entire time playing it. The homages to other franchises and companies even and to playstation's past are so good. You can tell it was made with love. Without a doubt so far it's in my list for GOTY.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Costco has this for $53... thinking about pulling the trigger. Seems like this game is a hit.

nowhat

I already made it to over 200 bots (started to play at Friday midnight local time). There's soooo much I want to gush about, but I guess I must wait for the rest of you to catch up. Needless to say, the game is fucking fantastic. The last "parody of/tribute to a game" stage, whatever you think about the franchise is irrelevant, what Team Asobi did with the remix of the main theme is just incredible. The OST is pure fire.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
49 bots saved. I was trying to get 50 before bed but Im worn out. That was a lot in one sitting.
I beat the first big boss, took me a few tries. I think Ive found most of the bots puzzles and warps in this first Galaxy.
I used the flower radar thing before I noticed it had a cost. Is that considered wimping out?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
loving the game only regret is that you seem to have endless lives. Which takes some of the risk or challenge from the game. would have like number of lives kinda like Mario has but its their first game and they want to make it accessible to everyone I guess.

Poppyseed

loving the game only regret is that you seem to have endless lives. Which takes some of the risk or challenge from the game. would have like number of lives kinda like Mario has but its their first game and they want to make it accessible to everyone I guess.
This game is pure joy. Having lives or an on-screen UI would get in the way.

Also, punching the rescued bots on the island is hilarious. They do some pretty funny stuff. Snake? 😂😂😂

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
I thought it was all very easy too. Then I unlocked the circle and triangle stages.

The game is awesome, btw. My daughter, who is a bit too young to properly play it, even enjoys watching it a lot. She also loves tossing the bots around with the controller every time i save one.

I also like the robot bird. Instead of endlessly replaying levels to find the one thing you missed, it's fun to redo them like this.

Last edited:

Esppiral

Not only it pays tribute to Classic games attached to Sony in some way, but it also references in some way games like Minecraft and Pikmin it is wonderful.

Top Bottom