• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 108 33.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 150 46.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 37 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Three

Modern journalism ladies and gentlemen

A bit of a silly take really. Ok you have astrobots dressed up as characters from past IPs, some of them not really used anymore, but that's like calling Smash Bros a graveyard and not a celebration of Nintendo IPs because a lot of the characters haven't had a game in years/gens.

emivita

I hope for a 94+ score, but since it hasn't Mario in the title and it's DEI-free, I think it will hover around 86-88.

Dafegamer

Another 5/5 that makes 3 perfect scores so far
1m7HvUy.jpeg

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
if they can deliver a game to the quality level of a 3d mario like odyssey, we are in for an absolute treat.

only game ive pre ordered this year

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Modern journalism ladies and gentlemen

thegamer is one of the most garbage sites I've seen, but in this case I'm going to agree with them a bit. Havent clicked it, just going by the title, but comparing Sony with Nintendo, N every year keeps making Mario/Zelda/etc. games, IP's that built them an empire and they continue to treasure it, while Sony, literally stopped giving a shit about all their unique IP's, and having a game celebrate abandoned projects that people loved is a kick in the nuts.

Last edited:

Zones

thegamer is one of the most garbage sites I've seen, but in this case I'm going to agree with them a bit. Havent clicked it, just going by the title, but comparing Sony with Nintendo, N every year keeps making Mario/Zelda/etc. games, IP's that built them an empire and they continue to treasure it, while Sony, literally stopped giving a shit about all their unique IP's, and having a game celebrate abandoned projects that people loved is a kick in the nuts.
And that's one of the best aspects of Sony as a game maker.

Would you rather have Naughty Dog creating nothing but Crash Bandicoot games, or going from Crash to Jak to Uncharted to Last of Us?

foamdino

As soon as this was revealed, my son immediately said "want".

He's hyped as fuck for Astrobot and is talking about 100%-ing it - something he doesn't bother with most games but did with the pack-in Astro

He's normally obsessive about Path of Exile - this week though it's just Astrobot

Amazon had better get it to me before school's out tomorrow

nial

Did you write this article?......
Journos are so predictable it hurts, and the moment they start sperging about Bloodborne or Japan Studio is the moment you know it's a lazy hackjob.
What is even the point here? Team Asobi has already stated that they were the ones to decide to include all these references.
Should top Sony executives stop these references from happening just because they have no plans for a new Motor Toon Grand Prix?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
And that's one of the best aspects of Sony as a game maker.

Would you rather have Naughty Dog creating nothing but Crash Bandicoot games, or going from Crash to Jak to Uncharted to Last of Us?

What kind of question is that? Seriously? Some of you seem to be more obsessed with the platform rather than the games. Of fucking course I would love more uncharted ot tlou or crash if theyre amazing games. What does it matter if its Uncharted 10? We are at Call of Duty 20 and ppl still like it. Just say u dnt care about games and stay in ur cave.

Tsaki

91 I think. Don't want to hype myself too much since every 9 out of 10 would be considered a ""suboptimal"" score since it would lower the average lmao

G9P73rf.png
I

nial

What kind of question is that? Seriously? Some of you seem to be more obsessed with the platform rather than the games. Of fucking course I would love more uncharted ot tlou or crash if theyre amazing games. What does it matter if its Uncharted 10? We are at Call of Duty 20 and ppl still like it. Just say u dnt care about games and stay in ur cave.
Something truly wrong if you aren't able to understand what he's saying.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Something truly wrong if you aren't able to understand what he's saying.

He made no sense. His post was a jab at Nintendo as fi they're making the same Mario or Zelda game nonstop, which is factually wrong, and he missed my point as well and so did you.

Zones

This is you right now...

owens-triggered.gif

But now what sure what is it I I said that really warranted such an unhinged reaction from you.

nial

He made no sense. His post was a jab at Nintendo as fi they're making the same Mario or Zelda game nonstop, which is factually wrong, and he missed my point as well and so did you.
No, what he's saying is that he's glad that Naughty Dog were allowed to make the new stuff they wanted to, and not being forced to continue with the same IPs over and over. Then you start sperging about platform shit or something.
No one missed your point, it's just that there's no point to keep forcing any IP (like Jak) if the original developers don't want to do anything with it anymore.
And the one time Sony did it? Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier was a critical and comercial bomb.
And honestly, there's nothing unique about the edgelord 'GTA for kids!!!!!' that the series became after The Precursor Legacy.

Last edited:
Where did I disagree in my original post about this? Also, where is ND's new IP? Are you from the future? So far we got nothing.

Aaaand we're done discussing if thats all u got.
I mean in the last 30 years Naughty Dog have made; Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted and The Last of Us. The most installations of a single IP Naughty dog have made is 4.
This is primarily because there is no expectation for Naughty Dog to cashcow a successful IP ad infinitum.

MC 93 after 57 reviews. Great stuff. Won't go under 90.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Blindingly obvious to anyone who's actually played the VR + pack-in game how well this would be received. It's magic.

Can't wait to settle in with it tomorrow after work with a pizza and some beers.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Astrobot games are fun, but just goes to show people are ready for more fun games. More platformers.....not GAAS, MP games, or underbaked single player games.

Top Bottom