• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atari Live - showing 2009 line-up

Manager

Atari just unleashed media of their upcoming line-up through their Atari Live 08 showing, they're sending more and more so it would be stupid to start a new thread for everything.

Some of them are posted here:
Tekken 6 images & info
The Witcher PS360 images
Ghostbusters images
Ready 2 Rumble Wii announced
Images of Riddick

Update:
A bunch of new trailers released:
Chronicles of Riddick trailer
Ghostbusters trailer
Race Pro trailer

Heroes over Europe trailer
__
Race Pro:
1690_0001.jpg

1690_0002.jpg

1690_0003.jpg

Title: RACE Pro
Platform: Xbox® 360
Release Date: November 2008
Publisher: Atari
Developer: SimBin
Category: Race Simulation

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
RACE Pro recreates a breathtaking reality giving gamers the ultimate racing simulation experience so that nothing gets closer to the action and thrill of professional car racing. RACE Pro provides unrivalled realism and deep immersion into the racing world through ultra realistic car models and official FIA championships and tracks.

RACE Pro offers a wealth of cars ranging from 200 to over 1000 horse power, as well as a host of championships including WTCC (World Touring Car Championship), Formula 3000 and Formula BMW. Gamers and racing fans alike will experience the thrill of racing these powerful cars on 13 real life tracks covering all continents, of which Macau, Porto and Pau are city tracks exclusive to RACE Pro, and US tracks Laguna Seca and Road America are brand new to SimBin fans.

PRODUCT FEATURES:
· Award-winning game developer SimBin: developed by renowned award-winning game developer SimBin, a leading creator of PC racing simulators, RACE Pro brings their expertise to Xbox 360 for the very first time;
· Unparalleled realistic physics: powered by Lizard, SimBin’s own physics engine, to recreate breathtaking reality for the ultimate racing simulation experience;
· Real life handling and sounds: unique degree of realism thanks to real life data and engine sounds recorded directly from actual race cars at the track;
· 350 ultra realistic car models: from 48 car manufacturers, including Aston Martin, Saleen, Audi and many more, with cars ranging from 200 to over 1000 horse power;
· Host of championships: including WTCC (World Touring Car Championship: one of the three official championships of the FIA), Formula 3000 and Formula BMW;
· Extensive multiplayer features: online play via Xbox Live® online game service and System Link support for up to 12 players, as well as an exclusive ‘hot seat’ mode.

Heroes over Europe:
1727_0001.jpg

1727_0002.jpg

1727_0003.jpg

1727_0004.jpg

1727_0005.jpg

1727_0006.jpg

Title: Heroes Over Europe
Platform: Xbox® 360, PlayStation 3, PC
Release Date: 2009
Publisher: Atari / Red Mile Entertainment
Developer: Transmission Games (formerly IRGurus)
Category: Air Combat/Dogfight

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
The sequel to the mighty World War II flight combat game Heroes of the Pacific, Heroes over Europe takes aspiring combat pilots into the bullet-ridden heart of major World War II European air battles in glorious dogfight-friendly high definition. Heroes over Europe follows the Allied campaign from the attacks on London to the destruction of Berlin, with players under orders to strap themselves into the authentically rendered cockpits of the campaign’s iconic aircraft. Their mission: to survive the most ferocious dogfights ever seen in a flight combat game.

PRODUCT FEATURES:
· Best tactical dogfights in HD: relive the best tactical dogfights in over 40 types of ultra-realistic iconic warplanes of the era, all presented in stunning high definition graphics with realistic localised damage on aircraft;
· Meticulously rendered environments: detailed landscapes and landmarks recreated in painstaking detail including faithful representations of London and Berlin to bring war-torn World War II to life;
· Legacy of ‘Heroes’ series: new instalment in the Heroes series builds on its impressive legacy with highly detailed realistic visual presentation and more online options;
· Comprehensive online gameplay: fight for the skies with 4 modes of online multiplayer action for up to 16 players;
· Downloadable content: additional downloadable content will be available from launch.

Eternal Sonata PS3:
1099_0001.jpg

1099_0002.jpg

1099_0003.jpg

1099_0004.jpg

1099_0005.jpg

1099_0006.jpg

Platform: PLAYSTATION®3
Release Date: February 2009
Developer: Tri-Crescendo
Publisher: Namco Bandai Games
Distributor: Atari (Europe)
Category: Role-playing
Players: 1, 2-3 battle co-op
Rating: 12+

GAME DESCRIPTION:
Cross the Bridge Between Dreams and Reality…On his deathbed, the famous composer, Chopin, drifts between this life and the next. In his final hours, he experiences a fantastical dream where he encounters a young girl facing a terrible destiny and the boy who will fight to save her. On the border between dreams and reality, Chopin discovers the light that shines in all of us in this enduring tale of good and evil, love and betrayal.
Developed by Tri-Crescendo and featuring the music of Chopin, Eternal Sonata for the PLAYSTATION®3 delivers amazingly detailed 3D graphics, a captivating storyline, an innovative action battle system as well as new playable characters, quests, music and more.
FEATURES:
· New PS3 Quests, Battles and Events: Experience new quests, battles, events and multiple endings that will shed new light on the dramatic and evolving storyline;
· New Playable Characters and Costume Changes for the PS3: Now players can play as Crescendo or Serenade and change favourite character’s costumes;
· Exclusive New Music for the PS3: Listen to newly added Chopin music – a key element in the environment and story;
· Custom-Made for Next-Gen: Enjoy amazing, high-definition, anime style cel-shading and high quality textures delivering an spectacular next gen experience.
· Innovative Battle System: Battle using a unique, hybrid turn-based / action RPG system that combines free-roam and turn-based action (up to three players during battle).
· Strategic Use of Light and Darkness: Adjust your battle strategy in the ongoing struggle between light and darkness. Beware of enemies lurking in the shadows, as their stats – attacks and potency – will change, as will their physical form. Lure them out into the light or destroy them under the cloak of darkness. Change your special attacks depending on whether you are in the light or the dark.
· Dramatic and Evolving Storyline: Experience a deeply moving story focusing on the enduring struggle between good and evil, all taking place in a dream during the final 3 hours of world-famous music composer Frederic Chopin’s life.

Atari will also release a pack of Mizuguchi's games in retail:
ATARI TO BRING COLLECTION OF THREE AWARD WINNING GAMES FROM TETSUYA MIZUGUCHI TO RETAIL WORLDWIDE IN SPRING 2009

- Q Entertainment’s Acclaimed ‘Rez HD’, ‘Lumines Live!’ and ‘E4’ Music-based Puzzle Titles Come Together in One Unmissable Retail Pack for Xbox 360 -

LYON, FRANCE – 2 December 2008 – Atari is teaming up with Japan’s Q Entertainment to bring three of music game legend Tetsuya Mizuguchi’s award winning titles together in one retail pack. With the working title Q3 (Qubed), the pack is scheduled for worldwide release in spring 2009 bringing the ultimate audio visual gaming experience for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft to retail for the first time.

“We’re honoured to be working with Tetsuya Mizuguchi, an incredibly talented and visionary game designer and musician who never fails to amaze with his creations,” said Phil Harrison, President of Infogrames Entertainment, the parent company of Atari. “Q3 is a must-have in any self-respecting gamers collection, and so it’s an exciting opportunity to bring these superb titles to a new audience of gamers with a full retail release.”

Mizuguchi-san’s games reflect his love of music and his skill as a music producer, a talent he employs in his games to merge sounds and images creating a real journey for the senses.

“We are honoured to be working with Atari and for myself, personally, the company that brought Pong, the very first video game I ever played when I was 11 years old,” said Tetsuya Mizuguchi, Chief Creative Officer, Q Entertainment. “Since that day, I have been inspired in many ways to create a new type of entertaining experience. ‘Rez HD’, ‘Lumines Live!’ and ‘E4’, collectively called Q3, represent our version of music interactive entertainment and we hope it will provide the same kind of excitement to a new audience as Pong did for me many years ago. We are grateful for the support we have received from the Atari team as well as those who have supported the Atari culture.”

The Witcher info:
‘THE WITCHER: RISE OF THE WHITE WOLF’

COMING AUTUMN 2009 TO PLAYSTATION®3 AND XBOX 360®

- Award Winning, Million-selling Role-playing Franchise Coming to Consoles with Thrilling New Dynamic Combat, State of the Art Visuals and Unparalleled Story -

LONDON, UK – 2 December 2008 – At the ATARI LIVE showcase event in London today, Atari and CD Projekt RED announced plans for the global release of The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf on PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in autumn 2009.

Based on the story of multi award-winning million-selling PC role-playing game The Witcher and completely rebuilt pixel by pixel for the new generation of consoles, The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf brings the unrivalled RPG experience to Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 with a brand new combat system for thrilling dynamic action, and a new engine delivering matchless state-of-the-art visuals. The game is underpinned with the evocative and enthralling story which helped secure the original game’s status as PC role-playing game of 2007, based on the mature and compelling universe created by renowned Polish fantasy writer Andrzej Sapkowski.

“The creative vision and dedication to the quality of the player experience that CD Projekt RED bring to the Witcher games is extraordinary, and it’s great to be working with them to bring the Witcher universe to console gamers,” said Phil Harrison, President of Infogrames Entertainment, the parent company of Atari. “Taking this brilliantly realised world to PLAYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360 gamers for the first time is a breakthrough in the development of this important franchise.”

“We’re thrilled to continue our great relationship with Atari, whose refreshing focus on quality fits squarely with our own, to bring Geralt and the Witcher franchise to an even larger audience – fans who expressed to us very clearly that The Witcher would be a natural fit on consoles,” said Adam Kiciński, CEO, CD Projekt RED. “Console gamers’ tastes are maturing; they’re looking for deeper story-driven experiences that are very hard to find in today’s console market. We’re developing this remake based upon the compelling narrative that helped The Witcher on PC sell more than a million copies and win more than 100 awards, building everything else from the ground up to be the definitive console RPG.”

Based on the universe created by best-selling Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf puts players in the role of Geralt, a professional monster slayer who exists on the fringes of a complex society troubled by the kind of problems more commonly found on the front pages of newspapers than in a fantasy universe. Taken as a child, mutated, and trained in the arcane ways of the witchers, Geralt is a reluctant hero, who nonetheless finds himself all too frequently in the heat of battles that are not his own. In this world there is no right or wrong, only decisions and consequences.

With The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf, the best PC RPG in recent years is being completely remade as the ultimate console RPG. The title is being developed by a core team from CD Projekt RED working alongside France-based Widescreen Games who provide their cross-platform DaVinci engine technology. For more information about The Witcher visit www.thewitcher.com and for more details about Atari’s entire product line up visit www.atari.com.

Mizuguchi's new game announcement, not much info yet:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=323033

Vorador

Banned
*squint eyes before going into thread*

:O

Seriously, Phil's hire has really hit the spot they needed. That lineup is actually something to look forward.

bryehn

I'm surprised Atari doesn't use the Pole Position name these days. Seems like a prime remake candidate.

I'm just happy that Phil Harrison announced that there will be a TDU2. It was confirmed under development before Harrison joined Atari, but I was afraid he was going to axe TDU2 after he said he didn't want to create any big budget games after Alone in the Dark. They are also taking their time which is a good sign, my guess is it will be out spring 2010.

fearlessidiot

Neo Member
Jeeez, Its like Phil showed and said, " pull up your pants, you lazy franchise farming bastards"( in his awesome British accent--And well, looks like they are.

infinityBCRT said:
I'm just happy that Phil Harrison announced that there will be a TDU2. It was confirmed under development before Harrison joined Atari, but I was afraid he was going to axe TDU2 after he said he didn't want to create any big budget games after Alone in the Dark. They are also taking their time which is a good sign, my guess is it will be out spring 2010.

Wait.. really? That is awesome news to me. I assumed it was dead! (TDU2)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm interested in the Witcher, tentatively Riddick, and tentatively Ghostbusters. I won't bother with Riddick if the new content doesn't justify the difference between paying $4 for the original and $64 for the new one.

CTLance

Hmmm. A physical copy of Rez HD... hmmmm. Nice idea. I don't care about the other two games on the disk. Let's see how much they want for that.

The rest doesn't really interest me. Maybe the Witcher game. Maybe.

Jonnyram

CTLance said:
Hmmm. A physical copy of Rez HD... hmmmm. Nice idea. I don't care about the other two games on the disk. Let's see how much they want for that.
30 Euros, so probably $30 too.

Way to turn the company around Phil. Awesome job so far. Maybe you guys should pick up Midway...Wait now that I think about it didn't Midway own the rights to R2R?

eznark said:
So console Witcher is just a remake? That kinda stinks.

As someone without a PC that can run anything I am very excited about being able to play this. But I also can see why those that have played it would be let down.

R0nn

cjelly said:
Race Pro looks a bit poo, hopefully they nailed the actual gameplay.

So, you never heard of the Simbin racegames? They really put both GT and Forza to shame in terms of simulation. So yeah, if simulation is your thing, they most probably nailed the gameplay on this one (unless they completely drop the ball).

Egg Shen

Along with Ghostbusters, interested in Heroes Over Europe. Loved Heroes Over the Pacific except for the end battle which was WTF stuff.

Surprised at the decent lineup from Atari.

DrDogg

So Atari is distributing Tekken 6 and ES? Was there any explanation behind this? Seems kind of odd... at least as far as Tekken 6 is concerned.

On a personal note, I don't want an Atari logo on my Tekken 6. ^_^

DrDogg said:
So Atari is distributing Tekken 6 and ES? Was there any explanation behind this? Seems kind of odd... at least as far as Tekken 6 is concerned.

They publishes ES, Beautiful Katamari and Ace Combat 6 for Namco is Europe on 360 too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
DrDogg said:

Atari has distributed B-N games there before and I doubt SCEE is going to start handling multiplat releases. :p

Top Bottom