• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Dusk |OT|

Cow Paradise? Is that like the extra area in Meruru with lots of hard battles?

Gust is adding a new area to Atelier Ayesha and you can get Cow Paradise for free on PlayStation Network starting on July 31. The place is a paradise for cattle, but not Ayesha since cranky cows will attack you while you’re trying to complete brand new quests. Cow Paradise is recommended for players with characters over level 50. You can reach Cow Paradise by going through a portal in Helios Village.

Cow’s Paradise is the first downloadable area for Atelier Ayesha.

Pretty much, though it came out a month after the game was released, so maybe they are keeping up with the same schedule and it'll be released next or next next week?

Sorry if this isn't allowed in the thread or if old news:

Gust's Project A15 has been announced:
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2013/1205.html

We may have just seen the release of Atelier Ayesha here in North America (plus that whole Atelier Totori Plus debacle), but Japanese magazine Dengeki PlayStation has now revealed Gust's next entry in the series. Previously known only as Project A15, the fifteenth Atelier game will be titled Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky.
Being developed for the PlayStation 3, Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky is scheduled to release on June 27 in Japan. While it's too early to speculate about a North American release, it's probably a sure bet we'll see it. Maybe we'll even hear about it ahead of time!
It's coming pretty soon, so I may buy Ayesha sooner than I had plan.

The final random – and unclear – piece of information is that the game may come bundled with Mana Khemia 2 ~Fall of Alchemy~ for early buyers. Mana Khemia 2 was the tenth game in the Atelier series, released in 2008 for the PlayStation 2, and unlike many games in the series, has not seen a re-release in some form.
If this information does becomes clear (and true), I'll definitely be pre-ordering this game. I really love the Mana Khemia series (There's only 2 which I've played the first one and the beginning of the second).

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sorry if this isn't allowed in the thread or if old news:

Gust's Project A15 has been announced:
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2013/1205.html

It's coming pretty soon, so I may buy Ayesha sooner than I had plan.

If this information does becomes clear (and true), I'll definitely be pre-ordering this game. I really love the Mana Khemia series (There's only 2 which I've played the first one and the beginning of the second).

Well, that's pretty big. Interesting name though, Atelier Escha & Logy? Two alchemists? o_o

Also, I'm curious about the supposed inclusion of Mana Khemia 2... that seems random to just through in there.

Well, that's pretty big. Interesting name though, Atelier Escha & Logy? Two alchemists? o_o

Also, I'm curious about the supposed inclusion of Mana Khemia 2... that seems random to just through in there.

It does seem random but maybe because it has two alchemists in the same way Mana Khemia 2 has been. But I really enjoyed the first one and never got far in the second so I'm actually excited that they're (probably) going to release it with Escha & Logy.

I'll definitely check that out. Did not mean to put the information in the wrong thread

Rarutos

The Mana-Khemia 2 thing is probably a Japanese only deal! So don't get your hopes up for that too much. It's an offer of the PS2 classic for free for buying the game.

The Mana-Khemia 2 thing is probably a Japanese only deal! So don't get your hopes up for that too much. It's an offer of the PS2 classic for free for buying the game.

(Can't check right now) but is Mana Khemia 2 already on the JP PSN store though? Or any of the PS2 Atelier games?

I wouldn't know myself, but if MK2 isn't up yet it should be by the time Escha & Logy are out. O:

Just wondering cause it does sound like a big deal that they are tossing in MK2 with the new game. It could be the start of them putting up the other PS2 Atelier games on PSN.

Eusis

I wouldn't know myself, but if MK2 isn't up yet it should be by the time Escha & Logy are out. O:
They could hold it back for awhile though like Twisted Metal Black... which was A YEAR as I recall.

I do kinda hope they get those older Gust games up. I was really bored by AI1, but I'm kinda interested in going back to check out at least the non-Iris games.

Maybe I'm an idiot but why does Ayesha have MP? In battles all I can do is swing her staff or use items. Am I missing something obvious cause I'm trippin pretty hard right now.

Stuart444

Thanks for the heads up :) a reason to go back into Ayesha at some point then.

Would REALLY love to know how Koei 'perceives' Ayesha/Ayesha's sales after all this dual audio nonsense. With the new Atelier games announced, I can't help but worry that we won't hear anything because we won't get it and I'd love to know for sure if that is the case so I can import it.

It's hard enough waiting on Yakuza but that still has a chance based on previous Yakuza announcements (and the amount of work needed for that compared to Ayesha/Atelier games) so I'm still prepared to wait regardless but with Atelier, I don't know :/

Khrno

Seems like these Cows are far from being the hardest content of the game, some post on other site says the real hard content is from the second DLC area, going to try it now anyway, wonder if with just a month (of in-game time) is enough to do all the stuff in there.

Khrno

So there's lots of Lv55 Mad Ox which have 2500 HP, hit hard and drop cow related stuff. Nothing interesting so far.
Also the music is some sort of techno-cattle, which I'm really hating.

Second area has Lv60 Rage Ox, it's definitively the hardest area in the game so far, but if you can beat GD, this is nothing.

Khrno

Third area has the boss,
Ancient Live Tree Lv70, it wiped me on my first attempt with Ayesha/Linca/Regina, so I swapped Nio in for Regina and beat it on the second attempt. I wouldn't say that it's harder than Grand Dragon, but the last 30% gets very hard, nothing that God's Miracle Drugs can't take care of tho. I'm just glad he didn't have a regen ability, that made him much easier than GD.

Rarutos

Seems like these Cows are far from being the hardest content of the game, some post on other site says the real hard content is from the second DLC area, going to try it now anyway, wonder if with just a month (of in-game time) is enough to do all the stuff in there.

I don't think there's a second DLC area? Is there? I've never heard of there being one.

Khrno

Second DLC dungeon is called Hidden Paradise (boss fight), and also
Odelia and Marion
as player characters, were released at the same time.

If they keep the same timing, it should be released at the beginning of May.

Rarutos

Second DLC dungeon is called Hidden Paradise (boss fight), and also
Odelia and Marion
as player characters, were released at the same time.

If they keep the same timing, it should be released at the beginning of May.

Video doesn't exist?

And I see, I do hope they don't wait until May to release Marion and Odelia... :(

I just started this yesterday! 30 minutes in and I'm already in love.

The Instrumental of Maria that plays in the beginning, and then when she goes to visit Maria's grave tears me up ;__;

Love her design, her voice is cute, this is my first Atelier game so I'm really enjoying it so far. :)

RurouniZel

I just started this yesterday! 30 minutes in and I'm already in love.

The Instrumental of Maria that plays in the beginning, and then when she goes to visit Maria's grave tears me up ;__;

Love her design, her voice is cute, this is my first Atelier game so I'm really enjoying it so far. :)

Maria? o_o

xD It's like, hey, I must have gotten some sort of special edition! ;B

But seriously, I really like the game so far, and it's a great impression since it's the first Atelier game I've played.

Cheska

I seriously think I'm making a mistake by playing both this and Atelier Totori consecutively. Ayesha is just oozing beauty right now, with it's wonderful art and magical music <3 I also like that it seems to feature a more mature cast.

OceanBlue

I seriously think I'm making a mistake by playing both this and Atelier Totori consecutively. Ayesha is just oozing beauty right now, with it's wonderful art and magical music <3 I also like that it seems to feature a more mature cast.

I honestly think the plot was better paced and the world was more interesting to explore in Totori, if that's any motivation. Ayesha's world, kinda like Meruru's, kinda stops adding new places to explore 2/3 of the way through.

The music is what made me start Ayesha first as my first Atelier game, even though I own them all. (Meruru being on its way.)

Edit - Yay, it arrived!
PoHBSOb.jpg

Woooo! More Atelier nakama! :D

I want to open them all and see the cute openings, but I should wait. I also got the artbook for Meruru :D

No Ayesha the past couple nights :( No work tomorrow, so tonight after work I resume!

vall03

Finally have some time to play the game, but only for a couple of days so I need to make the most out of it.

Anyway, I have a few questions, what are the tips for synthesis? It still confuses the heck out of me, though most of the stuff I synthesize end up kinda decent most of the time. Also, where to acquire new equipment? There doesnt seem to be any shop/store that would allow weapon/armor forging. Im a bit early in the game though so it might be a while inti the game.

Rarutos

Don't worry too much about the fancy stuff for synthesis just yet, you'll get it eventually if you mess around with it more.

And weapons are mainly dropped from Slag type monsters. Soon, you'll have them in abundance!

OceanBlue

The annoying thing about monster drops is that you only get equipment for members of your party. On the other hand, putting any trait on any item you want is back! You still can't stack traits, but you can still stick dumb traits on all of your equipment. :D

vall03

Just finished the game and ended up getting two endings. I really like that you can choose which ending to go this time. The item synthesis felt weird at first but as I got Ayeshas alchemy skills, I understood the system bit by bit, and the synthesis trees and combinations kept getting complicated too. Don't know which ones are the best out of the ones I've played so far, but I have a soft spot for Meruru. Oh, Mana Khemia is also in my backlog so I'll try that out in the near future too. Overall, Ayesha is a very good entry in the Atelier series and can't wait for more details about Escha&Logy.

My time however is limited, so I don't know if I can get the other endings or even the Platinum, but I'd love to play more.

I am currently playing Rorona and have a question which I think fits any of these atelier games:

I am in the middle of doing several quests (from Cordelia, esty, sterk, etc) and I know where to get certain items and have an idea how long items will take to make before the deadline, but I always get worried with not turning in the item on time. Atm, I am taking on 5 quests, where sterk's quest is the first one due and I have no pie's for him. I know I need to manage my time/item gathering better and focus one at a time. But, no matter what I always catch myself trying to do multi quests and one ends up being too late.

What's your way of turning in the quest items on time? What would you say is the best way/method?

RurouniZel

I am currently playing Rorona and have a question which I think fits any of these atelier games:

I am in the middle of doing several quests (from Cordelia, esty, sterk, etc) and I know where to get certain items and have an idea how long items will take to make before the deadline, but I always get worried with not turning in the item on time. Atm, I am taking on 5 quests, where sterk's quest is the first one due and I have no pie's for him. I know I need to manage my time/item gathering better and focus one at a time. But, no matter what I always catch myself trying to do multi quests and one ends up being too late.

What's your way of turning in the quest items on time? What would you say is the best way/method?

The best advise I can give you is to look at the available quests, see which ones look doable, and then verify if you think they're doable before you take them. For example, if you need to go somewhere to get materials, how long does it take to get there? Double that at least, as you have to come back as well. Each area's going to take a day or two as well, so factor that in. Go back to your Atelier and check your recipes to see how long an item will take to create. Can you get materials for two different quests from the same area? If not, is it worth taking on the 2nd quest?

It's just about taking precautions about which assignments you take on and which ones you let go by the wayside.

LuuKyK

I finally found some time to continue playing the game earlier today and I got to beat the
machine Nio was controling (?)
, I had a hard time killing it because I had Juris in my party and he was not so well equiped since I was just trying him out. Decided to retry with Linca and all went well. :p I will probably continue it tomorrow. Im sad because I cant actually put much time into it so Im WELL behind schedule compared to you guys. >_> I dont even think I will go for the plat. since my backlog is huge at the moment and I have some tests and work to do next week so yeah... Im still enjoy the hell out of this game though, cant wait for Eschatology. :p

Top Bottom