• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Dusk |OT|

Hi guys. I'm in September-ish of Y1 and not really sure what to do next...

I've been to
the Glass Ruins, taking Linca with me. I found a book on alchemy, read it, and had a scene signifying that Ayesha understands it.

I've been to these Grasslands and met up with Nanaca again, but she just wandered off somewhere after I met her.

I think I also managed to not trigger an event in Regina's town -
I went to all the areas of the ruins I could and killed everything, but I'm not getting a reward scene?

Having fun with the game otherwise, though!

Eusis

There is a lot of spin in that statement about the voice acting and how they say 99% of the time if its removed it because of necessity. At the end of the day if they pony up the cash they can get it in.
I'm sure if you had a billion to casually blow and were offering that anyone would do everything it took to get that VA in, even if it meant fully rebuilding the game. But most of the time you can't blow a fraction of that, and you certainly couldn't justify a billion unless you were very rich billionaire who lost their mind or just really wanted that for some reason. This is especially true for XSEED, where it's probably the low hanging fruit or bust.

Not that this is a likely defense here, it really probably is Gust/Tecmo Koei not really bothering to check how much people cared about that feature without NISA insisting on it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hi guys. I'm in September-ish of Y1 and not really sure what to do next...

I've been to
the Glass Ruins, taking Linca with me. I found a book on alchemy, read it, and had a scene signifying that Ayesha understands it.

I've been to these Grasslands and met up with Nanaca again, but she just wandered off somewhere after I met her.

I think I also managed to not trigger an event in Regina's town -
I went to all the areas of the ruins I could and killed everything, but I'm not getting a reward scene?

Having fun with the game otherwise, though!

Regarding the first spoiler, did you go with
Regina
? I believe there's a scene in the
Core of the Glass Ruins with her where she tells you to take a certain object lying around?

Regarding the second spoiler, that's normal at this point methinks.

Regarding the third spoiler,
So when you were there, was there no scene in the main plaza of Regina's town where they organized the contest? And did you go in with Regina in the party?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Oh, apparently both of those events occur on 1/1 and 1/21 of year 3, in other words almost at the end of the game. The year STARTS on 4/1, which I never get used too.

Going to try it now.

Yep, that was it. I had everything finished before Year 3 11/3, and those two events are not needed for any of the endings.

That's 3 Atelier platinum now, I don't think I can stomach going back to Rorona at this point though... The series has improved so much since then.
I really like trophies when done like the last few Atelier games have. It's basically a measure that you have seen all the game has to offer, but nothing really grindy (I'm looking at you Star Ocean).

I think I'm gona get back to playing Rorona once I beat Tomb Raider. I'm on Ch2 and I really should just play the game without trying to quickly Platinum the game.

Rarutos

Added a reviews section! If anyone sees any others because I'm too lazy to look up more, post it here and I'll add it to the OP eventually when I can!

Regarding the first spoiler, did you go with
Regina
? I believe there's a scene in the
Core of the Glass Ruins with her where she tells you to take a certain object lying around?

Regarding the second spoiler, that's normal at this point methinks.

Regarding the third spoiler,
So when you were there, was there no scene in the main plaza of Regina's town where they organized the contest? And did you go in with Regina in the party?

For the first, no. I figured that her and the new member were similar in skills so I swapped them.

I did what you said for the third spoiler though.

Oh well, I have a lead now. Cheers!

Stuart444

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/19/atelier-totori-plus-for-vita-listed-on-gamestop-in-the-u-s/

Update: Actually, it looks as though Atelier Totori Plus is already available for download on the PlayStation Vita in the U.S. You can find it on PSN. Thanks to everyone that sent us a heads up!

What the hell?

and it's confirmed as well, I just went onto the US store and found out. Not on the UK one though.

edit: Just saw the OT but I'm still thinking "What the hell".

I only have a card for UK and the JP PSN so I can't even get it from the US store :(

Rarutos

With this whole Totori Plus fiasco, I just realized they didn't release any Ayesha DLC at all today. WHERE ARE MY MARION AND ODELIA, TECMO KOEI?! D8

I'd buy the digital version of Totori Plus but I'll wait 'til they confirm a digital only/hard copy release date. I still have Rorona to play. I'm soo late in playing this series!! =(

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think I'm gona get back to playing Rorona once I beat Tomb Raider. I'm on Ch2 and I really should just play the game without trying to quickly Platinum the game.

It's just rough, since Totori was such a huge improvement over Rorona in almost every way.

My 1-run platinum game was going SO WELL, until I got screwed over by the world's wonkiest flag.

Spoilers for True Ending requirements:

Make sure you progress through Ordelia's events until she asks you to go press a button in the middle archives BEFORE Steinfeder, because APPARENTLY this is a necessary flag for Keith's events.

If you don't hit it, the game just stops registering Keith's events after the Mecha-Dragon. The game gives absolutely NO indication of this - Keith in fact tells you to run to Steinfeder as his first event. I don't even think Rorona had a flag this utterly obtuse.

Rarutos

My 1-run platinum game was going SO WELL, until I got screwed over by the world's wonkiest flag.

Spoilers for True Ending requirements:

Make sure you progress through Ordelia's events until she asks you to go press a button in the middle archives BEFORE Steinfeder, because APPARENTLY this is a necessary flag for Keith's events.

If you don't hit it, the game just stops registering Keith's events after the Mecha-Dragon. The game gives absolutely NO indication of this - Keith in fact tells you to run to Steinfeder as his first event. I don't even think Rorona had a flag this utterly obtuse.

Wow, I never noticed that. Because on my second playthrough, I visited the library every chance I got to trigger all the possible Odelia events I could. Interesting.

Also the
Odelia control panel event triggered BEFORE I got Keith,
so that might have something to do with it.

It's just rough, since Totori was such a huge improvement over Rorona in almost every way.

That's good to know. So far, playing Rorona hasn't bothered me so much other than the battle being a bit.. meh. It could be better. I haven't been exposed to any of the sequels yet so I'm hoping it's fun (and I'm sure it is)

jiggle

just started year 2 and got done with the
first flower quest
liking the game a lot
character models are great as usual
the scale of some of the environments are surprisingly large
some even look pretty decent
although i wonder what's stopping GUST from making them look like those CG environment intros when they're using the same models/textures

LuuKyK

Wow, my first playthrough has been terrible I think. Im almost starting year three and I still have to find the last
flower. The sun-shy one. What is the person I need to talk to that knows about it?
Im guessing I missed lots of events in this playthrough because I kept reentering the
library and there were countless events in sequence. I just left after heading down to the seventh level with Keith to acess the control panel. lol
Its the first time I have no clue if Im doing fine with the event completion or not. Sucks. I will have to use a guide or summary for my second one I guess.

Rarutos

Wow, my first playthrough has been terrible I think. Im almost starting year three and I still have to find the last
flower. The sun-shy one. What is the person I need to talk to that knows about it?

If you already started Year 3, you missed it.

LuuKyK

If you already started Year 3, you missed it.

Well, fuck me. ;-; Still, I would like to know what do I have to do to get that one so I make sure I dont miss it on the next playthrough. Also, how are you guys aproaching events in this game? Im actually having a hard time, and I dont even know why. I think Im traveling/gathering to much. :|

Stuart444

Well, fuck me. ;-; Still, I would like to know what do I have to do to get that one so I make sure I dont miss it on the next playthrough. Also, how are you guys aproaching events in this game? Im actually having a hard time, and I dont even know why. I think Im traveling/gathering to much. :|

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/665780-atelier-ayesha-the-alchemist-of-dusk/faqs/66657

Section 6 - 7 onwards in that guide ^ it's enough information to let you know how to get all 'possible' flowers

Khrno

Get the Fast Travel boots, with their top trait, it's really hard tog et everything on the first playthrough, but for the second one with those boots, traveling won't be an issue at all.

LuuKyK

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/665780-atelier-ayesha-the-alchemist-of-dusk/faqs/66657

Section 6 - 7 onwards in that guide ^ it's enough information to let you know how to get all 'possible' flowers

Cool, thanks. Will use that.

Get the Fast Travel boots, with their top trait, it's really hard tog et everything on the first playthrough, but for the second one with those boots, traveling won't be an issue at all.

I have the shoes but they dont have very good traits. I will probably have to make new ones.

Khrno

I have the shoes but they dont have very good traits. I will probably have to make new ones.

You just need the second trait, the third trait is the same time reduction as the second one, but with increased movement speed for the normal areas (runs faster).

Stuart444

If possible, make the best ones (Like the wind trait I think it is?) before you finish the game. That and the rest of your Adv equipment will help you so much during NG+

jiggle

really surprised how much leisure time there is in this game, unlike arland3
if i'm understanding what i read correctly
i have like 8 months to do anything i want until
eclipse
literally running back and forth doing errands and character CSs and crafts
something that was typically reserved for year 6

LuuKyK

You just need the second trait, the third trait is the same time reduction as the second one, but with increased movement speed for the normal areas (runs faster).

Wait. I think Im missing something. Are there tiers of traits? Im confused now. When you add the items its traits go to to new item right? And there is also the ones that appear on the right side of the screen... those are fixed and come with levels or something alike (Im assuming since you said "second trait")? It amazes me that I never even cared about this at all. I was pretty much on automatic mode in this first playthrough. >_>

Stuart444

really surprised how much leisure time there is in this game, unlike arland3
if i'm understanding what i read correctly
i have like 8 months to do anything i want until
eclipse

Or you can get one of the others, you don't need to wait for it :p (see the link I posted above). It's the only flower I never got in either of my playthroughs

I felt Arland 2 was the most stressful game, Arland 3 was very leisurely in comparison to me.

jiggle

Or you can get one of the others, you don't need to wait for it :p (see the link I posted above). It's the only flower I never got in either of my playthroughs

I felt Arland 2 was the most stressful game, Arland 3 was very leisurely in comparison to me.

only 2 months left now so i might as well wait

and yeah i agree
this game takes it even further
not sure what i prefer...

Wait. I think Im missing something. Are there tiers of traits? Im confused now. When you add the items its traits go to to new item right? And there is also the ones that appear on the right side of the screen... those are fixed and come with levels or something alike (Im assuming since you said "second trait")? It amazes me that I never even cared about this at all. I was pretty much on automatic mode in this first playthrough. >_>

the ones on the right side are properties
which are innate to each crafted item
but ayesha will learn an ability that allows you pass property from ingredients to crafted items

I'm on a cover making streak right now so I made one for Ayesha too :D

iRFhWbAipV8cs.png

http://i3.minus.com/iGzwmse25NUUZ.png

I have a few questions:

I read on wiki that Ayesha is independant from the rest of the Atelier series. My first question is: is it really independant? because I'm wondering if there are any references used to the previous Ateliers.

This question is off-topic. It has to do with the differences between Totori PS3 and PSVita. I know the vita version is basically Totori + all the dlc (correct me if I'm wrong). But is there any other differences? Do the dlc's make the gameplay any different? I'm debating whether to go for the ps3 or psvita version. I found a ps3 LE copy on ebay that I'm willing to buy. However, if there will be a hardcopy of Totori plus (psvita) then I will definitely wait for its release.

EDIT:
I'm on a cover making streak right now so I made one for Ayesha too :D

http://i3.minus.com/iGzwmse25NUUZ.png

That cover looks awesome!

LuuKyK

I have a few questions:

I read on wiki that Ayesha is independant from the rest of the Atelier series. My first question is: is it really independant? because I'm wondering if there are any references used to the previous Ateliers.

This question is off-topic. It has to do with the differences between Totori PS3 and PSVita. I know the vita version is basically Totori + all the dlc (correct me if I'm wrong). But is there any other differences? Do the dlc's make the gameplay any different? I'm debating whether to go for the ps3 or psvita version. I found a ps3 LE copy on ebay that I'm willing to buy. However, if there will be a hardcopy of Totori plus (psvita) then I will definitely wait for its release.

EDIT:

That cover looks awesome!

- There really is no reference to the Arland trilogy. It IS independant. Its a completely different story.

- Im not sure about the Totori Plus question, but AFAIK the game stays the same, it only has some new/DLC costumes from start like bikini, lol etc... the mechanics are unaltered.

Rarutos

- Im not sure about the Totori Plus question, but AFAIK the game stays the same, it only has some new/DLC costumes from start like bikini, lol etc... the mechanics are unaltered.

There are a few gameplay balances here and there actually. And everything else that's new is posted in the OP of the OT anyway...

RurouniZel

Congratulations! Looks like you got it a lot quicker than Totori or Meruru. Took you weeks to do those, right?

Yeah, I remember I had to follow a guide for Totori because I just could not figure out how to trigger all of Gino's scenes... the timing always felt inconsistent. With Meruru it was because I wasn't doing enough of the character quests.

About 3 hours into this, and I apologize if this was in the OT or something, but how worried should I be about the passage of time? I'm focusing on the tasks given to me but I'm not exactly optimizing my routes. Like if I forget to stock up on health items I'll walk back to town and run back to the dungeon I was in, burning about 6 days. Is that an ok way to play? I'm just worried because that alchemist at the beginning said that Nio has about 3 years and I'm worried that there's some internal 3 year timer that's going to burn me or something. This is my first Atelier experience btw. Thanks.

RurouniZel

About 3 hours into this, and I apologize if this was in the OT or something, but how worried should I be about the passage of time? I'm focusing on the tasks given to me but I'm not exactly optimizing my routes. Like if I forget to stock up on health items I'll walk back to town and run back to the dungeon I was in, burning about 6 days. Is that an ok way to play? I'm just worried because that alchemist at the beginning said that Nio has about 3 years and I'm worried that there's some internal 3 year timer that's going to burn me or something. This is my first Atelier experience btw. Thanks.

The game starts on 4/1 of year 1, and runs through 3/30 of Year 3. It's the calendar in the upper left. Once you get to the end of the 3rd year, the game ends, whether you've rescued Nio or not. Atelier games (the PS3 ones anyway) are at their core about time management and learning the ins and outs of how time works in Atelier in order to maximize what you can do. The first time through the game I barely made it to save her. The 2nd time through when I tried to get all the endings I had 9 months to spare.

Throughout the course of the game you will learn new alchemy recipes that when you are high enough in level, will reduce the amount of time your actions take, like the Nomadic Shoes and the Portable Container. Don't run from battles and make time to synthesize items as you go to raise your Alchemy level. If you need help don't be afraid to ask. :)

SougoXIII

I'm sorry if this have been addressed before but can anyone tell me how strict is the time management aspect of the game? I went through Rorona and Totori with guide glue to my face because I do not find the idea of replaying the entire game just for a few scenes appealing. Is this the same with this one? Or I can play this game without worrying that I'll miss an event permanently?

I'm sorry if this have been addressed before but can anyone tell me how strict is the time management aspect of the game? I went through Rorona and Totori with guide glue to my face because I do not find the idea of replaying the entire game just for a few scenes appealing. Is this the same with this one? Or I can play this game without worrying that I'll miss an event permanently?

With a few exceptions, the timing in this game is very lenient. Just make sure you get shoes and it is practically a cakewalk.

The only problem is with one character's ending requirements which I wouldn't have been aware of if not for this thread :X

Edit: Oh, and get some glasses for gathering too.

Top Bottom