• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Community Thread: Successfully synthesized a Barrel!

Uthred

Trying to decide whether to pick up Rorona+ for PS3 or Vita, I've Totori+ and Meruru+ on the Vita so I'm wondering does the time capsule system work cross platform? Im also wondering about the "recommended" order. Vanilla Rorona is the only Arland game Ive finished so should I replay Rorona+ then move on to Totori & Merurur+ (which would seem to make the best use of the time capsule system) or should I play Totori+ then Meruru+ and then Rorona+ (which would seem to make best use of the extra Totori and Meruru storylines in Rorona+)

Coxy

So Escha & Logy is on sale on PSN. IIRC I asked earlier about which game was good to try if I haven't played an Atelier game since the PSX. Is that a good one to go with, or should I go with another?

I know you value a good battle system above all else and Escha and Logy is the best the combat has been since Mana Khemia imo.

Though Shallie might outdo it in that regard

Arthea

What I would give for Mana Khemia 3...
Mana Khemia (first one) is in my the best games of all times list. No, I'm not kidding. I even would buy HD remakes of both games.

Rarutos

At this point Shallie might as well be a real Mana-Khemia 3. Seems like there's no time limit, looks like it uses a chapter system, burst gauge and variable strike. The OT subtitle for Escha & Logy seems to be way more appropriate for Shallie now, lol

I finished Escha & Logy, and it's really a game of extremes. The combat and alchemy is the best it has ever been in the series, but the cast of characters and writing is my least favorite of the PS3 games. And the games structure and pacing is frustratingly bad. There's way too much downtime and as much as I don't want time management to be removed from this series, no time management would be better than how it's handled in this game. I don't think I could play through this game again given how constricted it is, so I guess I'll go watch the true ending on youtube.

At least I've caught up on everything in time for Rorona plus. I can hardly believe I've played through all of these PS3 games (minus the first Rorona) in about 8 months.

At this point Shallie might as well be a real Mana-Khemia 3. Seems like there's no time limit, looks like it uses a chapter system, burst gauge and variable strike. The OT subtitle for Escha & Logy seems to be way more appropriate for Shallie now, lol

hey, it was cause you didn't like my bad eschatology OT subtitles

Well now you can use, Now It's Really Like Mana Khemia 3!

This week's new characters for Shallie's Atelier: Keith and Linca

Keith is party member. Linca is not.

Oh sure put the more likable returning girl as DLC this time Gust. :E

ohlawd

don't even

Ayesha and Escha's have great songs. The former was all chill and shit with the flowers. The latter is on some drugs; the good type where you aren't throwing up and freaking out

Christhor

They probably made the opening so basic, because they are focusing on some anime cutscenes instead. At least that's what seemed to be the case with Escha & Logy, so it's probably the case here too.

It feels like they are actually setting up some sort of conclusion to the Dusk series though, which is nice. With the Arland games, it felt like it just ended, without anything really happening.

Also, seeing as we got both Wilbell and Keith, I'm okay with Linca not being a playable character. Keith's the best.

Zephyx

Just started Meruru+ and I'm enjoying it far more than Totori+. Will definitely pick up Rorona+ if the alchemy system is at least on par with Meruru's and when it's on a sale.

I hope the Dusk games will be ported to the Vita though. Seems a perfect match for pick up and go. The framerate is a little unstable but I can sacrifice that if I can play it in a handheld.

redhairedking

Just started Meruru+ and I'm enjoying it far more than Totori+. Will definitely pick up Rorona+ if the alchemy system is at least on par with Meruru's and when it's on a sale.

I hope the Dusk games will be ported to the Vita though. Seems a perfect match for pick up and go. The framerate is a little unstable but I can sacrifice that if I can play it in a handheld.

Ayesha+ has been out in Japan since March I believe, so if it follows the same schedule as the previous games we should see it by August/September if it comes over

Vylash

Rorona Plus' alchemy system is literally Meruru's. Also if you're waiting for an Atelier sale you'll be waiting for a while, they're super rare

Zephyx

Ayesha+ has been out in Japan since March I believe, so if it follows the same schedule as the previous games we should see it by August/September if it comes over
Nice! I didn't know it was already out since I haven't been following the dusk series. I hope it gets localized somehow.

Rorona Plus' alchemy system is literally Meruru's. Also if you're waiting for an Atelier sale you'll be waiting for a while, they're super rare
Thanks and yep, but I have a huge backlog so it can wait.

Christhor

Just wanted y'all to know that TKE's Freebie Friday tomorrow is Atelier related. So watch their twitter tomorrow for this.

Semi-related: I never see anyone post about these giveaways in this thread. Is it to try and get less competition?

ohlawd

I hope it's Ar no Surge so I don't have to get it.

pls don't be Ayesha+, would be terrible timing with how stacked the rest of the year is.

Stuart444

So Harry and Reyfer are in Atelier Shallie. Wonder when they will be put up on the official website.

Still, nice to see Harry being in his 3rd dusk game :p

Vylash

So Harry and Reyfer are in Atelier Shallie. Wonder when they will be put up on the official website.

Harry's cool, but why they're bringing Reyfer back to put me to sleep again is beyond me

Holy shit,I just looked at the TK page for Meruru Plus and there's a whole bunch of stuff I didn't even know about

So I finally got a Vita (imported the white/blue one). Hotaru no Nikki from Nippon Ichi was my system seller. lol

I'll probably get the Atelier games when there is a sale again.

Also, I'm a little sad that its looking like Ayesha isn't going to be in the last Dusk game. I thought Keith and her were supposed to be doing something together. Well I guess there is still a couple more weeks left before release so you never know.

Joonytoon

Does anyone with a Asia PSN account own the Atelier Plus series (english) here? Could anyone confirm that Totori Plus saves are not recognised by Meruru and Rorona Plus, probably due to the Totori being the EU version and Meruru and Rorona being the US version (looking at the manuals).
All bought digitally with same account on Vita.

Coxy

if Reyfer is in and proper Linca isnt :mad:

Reyfer is about the second last person from Escha I'd have brought back

demonkaze

So I've been playing Totori+ and I'm up to near the end of the third year. I've been going for the platinum so I've been following a guide and I'm only a month ahead in terms of the date the guide has, I should be ok still, right?

Also, as I've been following the guide I did the spring cup trick for money and now realised they nerfed it in the vita version so I don't make any profit, pretty sure I won't be able to follow the guide now and miss out on the platinum. Wasn't really looking forward to doing a ng+ because I wanted to get onto meruru+, kinda killed my motivation to play it a bit if I'm honest :-(

Top Bottom