• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Community Thread: Successfully synthesized a Barrel!

So reading up on getting the endings of totori....

Holy crap I have to do all of the endings in order to get the true end? Won't that take absolutely ages?

Please tell me I can get them in one playthrough.

You don't need to SEE all the other endings for the true one. You just need to fulfill all of the conditions for the other endings.

It's a bit tough and you have to be careful not to waste time, but it's very possible to get the true ending on your first playthrough.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You don't need to SEE all the other endings for the true one. You just need to fulfill all of the conditions for the other endings.

It's a bit tough and you have to be careful not to waste time, but it's very possible to get the true ending on your first playthrough.

Ah, good to know.

Guess I can just follow one guide.

There's no actual real time limit for the real ending right?

UberTag

The worst part of getting a platinum in Totori is getting the money, grinding spring cups was the worst.
I'm in the process of doing this right now. So very tedious.
The completist in me is forcing me to push for the full 4,000 license points even though there isn't a trophy associated with it, too.

Ah, good to know.

Guess I can just follow one guide.

There's no actual real time limit for the real ending right?

Well, the whole game's on a timer. So your time limit is 5 years, but I think Totori has some time sensitive flags you need to fulfill to meet the other conditions. I don't remember, it's been a while, so you should check a guide if you want the ending conditions.

Antiwhippy

Huh, alright, checking the guides, I see some stuff like mimi's ending requiring me to meet her in 15 day chunks with certain friendship levels. Does it have to be exact 15 days, or is it 15 days after?

Huh, alright, checking the guides, I see some stuff like mimi's ending requiring me to meet her in 15 day chunks with certain friendship levels. Does it have to be exact 15 days, or is it 15 days after?

It doesn't have to be exact, the events just won't trigger until 15 days have passed.

I'm not worried about the platinum as much as I am about seeing the endings.

Right, what I meant was that Totori will only show you one ending per "playthrough." So let's say you unlocked Mimi and Rorona's endings in the playthrough; at the end of the game you only get one, and I think you only receive the trophy for one as well. If you wanted to see BOTH endings, you'd have to split saves such that one of your playthroughs from that point on only unlocked, say, Rorona but NOT Mimi.

Sounds like you've already found a guide that can take you through the optimum path to do everything in as little time as possible, so you're probably already aware of this. But yeah, I'm so glad they let you pick from Ayesha onwards, you really could unlock everything and see every single ending in one playthrough without splitting saves if you were very diligent.

Antiwhippy

Man, I'm not sure if I like this time limit mechanic. Makes me feel too anxious.

What the deadline of the Flaus-whatever quest?

Man, I'm not sure if I like this time limit mechanic. Makes me feel too anxious.

What the deadline of the Flaus-whatever quest?

You don't even get the quest until year 4, if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure you have the entire year to deal with her, though there are some obvious things you can miss out on that I believe are optional. Note that you will run into her on at least two separate occasions in the game, so if you've only met her once/in one dungeon, you're not done yet.

Hopefully that's vague enough that I didn't spoil anything major for you (I assume you would've read a guide if you wanted details and didn't care about spoilers--there are some great ones out there, notably this one).

UberTag

I've been grinding cole in Totori all weekend. Up to 350K now. Hoping to finally get the 500K out of the way today so I can ditch the rest of my Spring Cups and free up some inventory space.

Antiwhippy

You don't even get the quest until year 4, if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure you have the entire year to deal with her, though there are some obvious things you can miss out on that I believe are optional. Note that you will run into her on at least two separate occasions in the game, so if you've only met her once/in one dungeon, you're not done yet.

Hopefully that's vague enough that I didn't spoil anything major for you (I assume you would've read a guide if you wanted details and didn't care about spoilers--there are some great ones out there, notably this one).

I'm up to 6 months in year 5 and I still haven't defeated her. :(

Plus it seems like I'll have to do some grinding to properly fight her.

*sigh* maybe I'll do a restart.

I've just been reading up on character endings specifics, but haven't delve too much into other stuff in the guides. Still want to keep this run fairly pure.

Assuming you're really that poorly off (I don't remember her being that hard and there are some super easy ways to make equipment that make her child's play--some of the optional bosses around that time are way harder!) I would consider just sleeping until the end of the game so you can start a new game plus with your clear save. Equip all your best battle and adventuring equipment on everyone (this includes battle equipment for all the other party members outside Escha and Logy) and sell everything else if you decide to go this route. Someone else would need to confirm if you get a clear save from a bad ending or not, though.

Antiwhippy

Alright, I might do that. Does doing that make things ridiculously easy though? I don't really want my playthrough to be a push over either.

Vylash

I've just been reading up on character endings specifics, but haven't delve too much into other stuff in the guides. Still want to keep this run fairly pure.

Did you make some Knowledge Books? You should do that

Alright, I might do that. Does doing that make things ridiculously easy though? I don't really want my playthrough to be a push over either.

Depends on the gear you decide to bring over, really. You don't get to keep your alchemy and battle levels, so you'll be entirely reliant on your weapons/armor for utterly destroying trash mobs. Also, you don't get access to your adventuring equipment until the fifth assignment, so you can't just blow everyone to smithereens with bombs, either.

If you're really worried about making the game too easy, you can always just stop using the overpowered weapons and armor you bring from your previous playthrough and go back to crafting your own. You do get a whackload of money but this doesn't actually help much except for unlocking research early, and that's gated by assignments so you can't really get too far ahead anyways. Honestly, the biggest advantage in a new game plus besides your equipment is knowing how to do stuff and roughly what items to make for which assignments.

UberTag

With the annual Atelier sale about to hit on PSN, I'm guessing this community is about to see a spike in activity.

Finally, bagged my 500K Cole in Totori but realized afterwards that I had inadvertently reset my "locked equipment" flag for that silly 5 point license task. I've got backup saves from Year 4 June but I really don't want to have to grind all of those Spring Cups again so I'm hoping I'll be okay even if it means I have to sit on fighting an optional boss a little longer.

UberTag

So, wait, what's considered to be a large pie?
When a Chim eats a pie, they get a little slice show up beside them when you're assigning tasks.
After they eat 10 pieces of pie, the little slices go away and get replaced by a big pie slice indicator.
What you're tracking for the Chim ending is that they don't reach 35 of those big pie symbols (and that at least one of them has 9).

For reference, my Chims are currently at 22 large pies and counting at Year 4, Month 9.

Li Kao

Ok, let's say I'm fed up of waiting for the remake and play my first Atelier with Totori, is the game strongly linked to Rorona ? Will I miss out ? The sale is tempting...

UberTag

Ok, let's say I'm fed up of waiting for the remake and play my first Atelier with Totori, is the game strongly linked to Rorona ? Will I miss out ? The sale is tempting...
I've had a blast with Totori despite not having played Rorona previously.
There are some inside jokes and references and a lot of characters return from the previous game but I haven't felt lost at any point and Totori's just so darn endearing.

Vylash

Absolutely not, it's linked but not so strongly that you'll feel lost whatsoever, honestly since both Totori and Meruru appear in the remake I'd actually suggest you beat those 2 before you get to it

Antiwhippy

So spring liquid grinding is basically registering the spring liquid and then just keep using it indefinitely?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hey all, I'm really interested in getting Totori Plus from the psn sale, but I'd like to see the game in action before pulling the trigger. Are there any good video overviews or reviews to watch? The NISA trailers don't offer much information.

Thanks.

Antiwhippy

OMG.

There's a special ciricle in hell for those who made spring cup grinding mandatory for getting the rich ending.

UberTag

So spring liquid grinding is basically registering the spring liquid and then just keep using it indefinitely?
Pretty much. Just make sure you have the 'Spring Liquid +' trait infused into the Spring Cup you create so that the dews and liquids you net from it have the best quality/trait combos which you'll want for weapon/armor enhancements in addition to beefing up their resale value.

I infused my Spring Cup with Price Down L, Price Down M and Bad Quality L to drop their resale value making them cheap to re-buy and with Perishable L to ensure they'd enhance to their peak 120 Quality rating quickly. Then it's just a matter of stockpiling on the 1st and 2nd of any week you can. I was easily able to rack up enough for 500K cole by registering one so don't feel like you need to waste more of your reserve slots in Pamela's shop unless you wait until late in the game.

sale seems like a good enough excuse for me to final dabble in this. totori vita ok place to start?

Whats a good 'starting guide' to look at/follow?

how long are these games anyhow? 20-30 hours or the big hitter 50+?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
sale seems like a good enough excuse for me to final dabble in this. totori vita ok place to start?

Totori can be completed once through around 30ish. There are some good guides on Gamefaqs for it too. (=゚ω゚)ノ

Vylash

Totori Plus is a great place to start, also grab Meruru as well. I wouldn't recommend using a guide until your second playthrough

Antiwhippy

So, regarding the true end and melvia's end, am I fucked if I killed
evil face
before completing melvia's flag?

Moonlight

Banned
Picked up Atelier Totori, taking some time with it. How important is keeping track of days? I'm trying to be a little sensitive about using days, but I'm not sure if that's the best way of going about stuff, since I think I'm under-leveled. Those hawk-things at the third area are totally kicking my ass.

Really want to like the game, it's... not entirely clicking yet. I feel like some of that is just some stuff going over my head, though. How does synthesis work, exactly? There's a couple quests that are asking me for stuff I haven't made before and I'm not entirely sure how you're supposed to make it, or figure out the relevant ingredients.

Game's also a bit harder than I expected, heh. Or at least, enemies do more damage than I was expecting.

Totori as a main character is kind of annoying (at least I grind my teeth whenever she starts raising her voice), but I'm really liking Melvia.

Antiwhippy

Synthesis is pretty easy. Just look at the listed ingredients. The hard part is getting your desired trait.

Antiwhippy

Feeling really annoyed right now. Thought I was on track for the true end but
didn't know not attending peter's fish festival thing would fuck me over on getting pamela back so now I'm locked out of the rich end due to there being no viable way for me to grind money.
*sigh* I think I'll just stick to seeing the ending of the character I like the best and then youtube the rest.

Really hope getting the true end isn't as much of a pain in the ass in future games.

Feeling really annoyed right now. Thought I was on track for the true end but
didn't know not attending peter's fish festival thing would fuck me over on getting pamela back so now I'm locked out of the rich end due to there being no viable way for me to grind money.
*sigh* I think I'll just stick to seeing the ending of the character I like the best and then youtube the rest.

Really hope getting the true end isn't as much of a pain in the ass in future games.

It gets significantly easier in each newer game, especially Ayesha and Escha & Logy.

Antiwhippy

Woo, got an actual playthrough done. I think I'll jump onto meruru next. I heard that it is much improved compared to totori?

kn1ves24

Not to sound like a broken record in here but the PSN sale has me tempted in picking up an Atelier game.

For me, finding time to play stuff really is limited and I have a huge backlog as it is. So if I wanted to see the best of the best from the series which would be the best to pick up on Vita? I'm assuming fundamentally all the games are some what similar.

Vylash

Not to sound like a broken record in here but the PSN sale has me tempted in picking up an Atelier game.

For me, finding time to play stuff really is limited and I have a huge backlog as it is. So if I wanted to see the best of the best from the series which would be the best to pick up on Vita? I'm assuming fundamentally all the games are some what similar.

Meruru no doubt

Is it just me or did meruru amp the yuri elements to a hundredfold?

It gets even better

Top Bottom