• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Those reaction videos are weird cus almost no one reacts to Reiner saying they did the attack 5 years ago and only realize what he is saying when he just plain out says he is a Titan. I really don't get how so many people don't realize he is essentially saying he's a titan with the first sentence.

Also, a lot of people think he might actually he joking when he seems to stop trying to convince Eren and they don't have any reaction to the flag breaking, even though it's a clear sign that shit is about to go down.

so imma go out on a limb and guess we will get a fight frequently broken up by flashbacks or side shite no one cares about.

hope im wrong cuz it's time for eren to go ham

Brakke

Banned
so imma go out on a limb and guess we will get a fight frequently broken up by flashbacks or side shite no one cares about.

hope im wrong cuz it's time for eren to go ham

Me, tomorrow, I hope:

413ee9efefe87a4fd7c2caaf52376efd.jpg

Brakke

Banned
Best case scenario is Eren ultimately takes an L and the Teen Titans carry him off to their base where to tell him The Truth.

And also Connie gets fucken stomped, the dweeb.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Those reaction videos are weird cus almost no one reacts to Reiner saying they did the attack 5 years ago and only realize what he is saying when he just plain out says he is a Titan. I really don't get how so many people don't realize he is essentially saying he's a titan with the first sentence.

Also, a lot of people think he might actually he joking when he seems to stop trying to convince Eren and they don't have any reaction to the flag breaking, even though it's a clear sign that shit is about to go down.

Can only speak for myself but that line being sandwiched between a normal conversation threw me
By the time I registered what I had just read the conversation was on a completely different topic. Only sunk in when he said he was the titan
But then maybe I'm a bit slow

Because the scene completely deemphasizes the reveal. There's no dramatic music accompanying Reiner's words. The camera is pulled far back. And then the other conversation continues distracting viewers from what was just said.

ShadyK54

Don't, its not nearly as good (imo)

LTTP on the reply, but I said REread, not read for the first time. Just so I can go back and refresh on what happens after the point the show is at lol. (Not sure if that's what you meant or not, so I wanted to clarify)

Excited for today's episode!

Just watched the episode.

EDIT: because people are very sensitive in this thread lol
[New Episode Spoilers Below]

The cracking of the armored titans armor is so damn gratifying in motion! It's seriously the best part of this episode.
That MMA Is amazing.

And It's great to see some 3D gear in motion this season with Mikasa's leg slices. Very appealing to the eye

Two things Gaf: I need a gif of Reiner's "falcon punch" and Eren's "counter takedown" please

D'aww.. I love the manga. The art style is so charming! Definitely one of my favorite mangas I've ever read.

The art style works for the themes, but it still feels like action scenes are quite poorly "directed" and sometimes I find it a bit difficult to work out who attacked who, also characters change proportions a lot and look abnormal at times...Isayama also seems to have that Jim Lee/comic book artist problem where a lot of things they draw (faces for example) look like prefabs of the same thing...

Buuuut the manga is pretty fun, and it's cool to see it unfold in a different way. Never feels like the art is crazy bad.

Galava

Even with the terrible pacing that episode felt too short.

I mean, the pacing is what it is, the manga has the exact same one.

I dream that WIT just comes out and says "we actually are working on S3 and gets released winter 2018". God I wish.

Man this show is so good, and I still have so many curiosities about the world of AoT. I don't watch anime, but this is a pretty good exception

So are Reiner and Bert regularly humans, or regularly titans that live on some titan island/nation?

And it feels as if they have some just cause they are fighting for, like taking back their homeland or whatever, so is it possible that humans screwed over titans many years ago or something?

So are Reiner and Bert regularly humans, or regularly titans that live on some titan island/nation?

And it feels as if they have some just cause they are fighting for, like taking back their homeland or whatever, so is it possible that humans screwed over titans many years ago or something?
These questions will be answered.

It's great that there are so many unknowns right now but what we do know is that Bert and Reiner have a mission they came to accomplish and Eren and Ymir are key to completing that mission.

At least that's what the last couple episodes have told us

Kaizer

Banned
AND FOR THIS WEEK'S UFC PAY-PER-VIEW EVENT LADIES & GENTLEMEN: IT'S EREN JAEGAR VS. REINER BRAUN - CLASH OF THE TITANS!

Good episode this week, the fight between Eren & Reiner straight up turned into a UFC match, I remember reading it in the manga & imagining it as a PPV Event lol. Man, I would love to see the full fight between Mikasa & Annie.

xam3l

They just keep hitting the fucking homeruns, right?

I'm in awe with the production values. The sound in this episode were bonkers.

Also lol at Hanji's orgams.

turmoil

Banned
Can't believe Eren did the smart thing and followed orders for once.

Mikasa MVP as always.

I'm ready for the Hange x Titan Eren shipping meltdown

Connie is in for a rude awakening lol

production did a great job giving us a sense of the scale of the titans and how destructive the fight was.
like when the armored titan's arm was ripped off and landed close to mikasa

Kickz

Man Mikasa is such a fucking badass, Eren would be long dead without her.

In anycase that fight with Reiner was intense.

How many more eps do we have?

Buckle

Finished Episode 31.

Can't believe Reiner turned out to be part of the horde responsible for the horrors in season 1. Damn traitor indeed.

Was one of my favorite characters, now I'm just rooting for Eren (something I never thought I would say) to rip his head off.

Heh heh, I have a friend who after seeing ep 31, said: "I don't understand, why the good guys destroyed the gates and let the titans pass and kill people? There has to be a reason".
Like, the thought of them not being good people in reality and working secretly against the protagonists wasn't an option for her. She likes the and they had moments where they seemed good guys so for her they have to be good guys.

jett

D-Member
The animation in this show is really incredible. Is this the most expensive TV anime show right now?

Really great use of CGI too, which is just an utter rarity in anime.

Not much (or anything) is going on story-wise, but it's just really entertaining to watch. I think I like this better than S1, which had really long periods of complete dead air.

Geg

The directing in this ep didn't seem as tight as in previous episodes; a lot of weird fast cuts made it kind of hard to follow what was happening at times. I loved how they did the bit right before the commercial break though, Reiner hitting Eren like a fucking gunshot

xam3l

The animation in this show is really incredible. Is this the most expensive TV anime show right now?

Really great use of CGI too, which is just an utter rarity in anime.

Not much (or anything) is going on story-wise, but it's just really entertaining to watch. I think I like this better than S1, which had really long periods of complete dead air.

The pace of each episode from one to another is really satisfying. Everything feels necessary and tight as fuck

btw who was the second person eaten by the colossal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom