• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcab96

I tried to see if there was anyone I recognized that was missing, but at least all the main characters that were there seem to be accounted for. Then again, I've never even noticed Bertholdt before last episode, so I'm sure there is some character that has a minor role that I just never noticed.

I was watching a reaction video to this episode and someone pointed out that Sasha disappeared.

drbaEV8.jpg

Best episode yet, imo.

Yonafunu

Damn, the action animation for this season has been consistently good. That shot of Hange and her squad circling Berthold, whew.

N7.Angel

Eren's VA is really something else. His scream towards of the end of the transformation is epic.

OMFG, this episode was lit, love Eren so much when he gets that angry, his seiyū is just amazing, Mikasa is still GOAT, Reiner losing is pretty incredible because well, that armored titans is scary and fucking awesome...

I'm glad we saw Annie again, dudes, I really like that character a lot and I was really sad when I learned she was a traitor... hopes we can see her in the good side someday, amazing anime, can't wait for next week.

Cuburt

I was watching a reaction video to this episode and someone pointed out that Sasha disappeared.
You can see her after the Colossal Titan first attacks.

In fact, if you slow down the attack, you can see who he grabs.
I have no idea who it is, but it's a guy.

Socivol

Annie was right Mikasa is a beast. I'm sure this has been asked already but why the hell is it taking so long to produce this anime? The pace is so fast that some filler episodes wouldn't be a bad thing and the manga is so far ahead of the anime that can't be an excuse. I'm really enjoying this season but it's annoying to know that we will probably have to wait another 3-4 years for 12 more episodes which is ridiculous.

BizzyBum

Eren's VA is really something else. His scream towards of the end of the transformation is epic.

Yeah, this is why I prefer the original subs over dubs. Scenes like that just sound more epic and resonate more in Japanese than an English dub. We'll see how it sounds when Toonami gets to it.

Has anyone else been having trouble with Crunchyroll? Its been almost impossible to watch anything over the past week. Every time I try and use crunchy roll I just get error after error across all platforms (Pc, Xbox, iPhone). Why am I paying for this crap that barely functions

DarkKyo

I'm probably wrong but I think he was burning away his flesh while keeping up his steam.

From what we've seen of the Colossal, my guess is that the form is too massive and requires too much energy to keep up any sort of prolonged action(especially when you consider the longevity and healing abilities of the other titan forms.. though the other forms are smaller even they struggle to last long before the form and shifter gets worn out). That's why it can stand there in S1 in front of the wall and steam and bash the wall and keep its face on... but in this episode we see it struggling to fight soldiers and detach itself from the wall(probably not a good idea to form the Colossal on the wall but Bert had no choice). Even though it didn't fully form on the wall its activities were way to strenuous to keep its form together. And yeah add to that the constant steam and its flesh was literally vaporizing before it could reform/heal.

The way it looked reminded me of the quasi-form Eren made in S1 to shield Mikasa and Armin from the barrage.

Annie was right Mikasa is a beast. I'm sure this has been asked already but why the hell is it taking so long to produce this anime? The pace is so fast that some filler episodes wouldn't be a bad thing and the manga is so far ahead of the anime that can't be an excuse. I'm really enjoying this season but it's annoying to know that we will probably have to wait another 3-4 years for 12 more episodes which is ridiculous.

I'll be happy if we get S3 in 2019.

kirblar

They're worried about overtaking the manga. It's a monthly, not a weekly, and the show doesn't lend itself well to filler. We only got one (great) filler ep, and it's hard to do more unless they put the OVAs in the main series or something.

I think we're on 88 now and by the end of this season we'll be on 50. And the next arc is about ~20 chapters long.

Kickz

The way Reiner mentioned he was hoping to break humanities will, makes me think its gonna be revealed later that the humans are antagonizing the Titans and Reiner and Colossus dude are trying to break their will.

The way they keep mentioning their home, also makes it seem like they have some motives that are more complex than just kill humans

mm04

This show is always so intense. I find that I'm gritting my teeth during a lot of the fight scenes. And I swear every episode ends with me saying nooooooo as the to be continued text shows up.

Oh and the Annie vs. Mikasa CQC showdown tease gave me major blue balls. Dammit.

Socivol

They're worried about overtaking the manga. It's a monthly, not a weekly, and the show doesn't lend itself well to filler. We only got one (great) filler ep, and it's hard to do more unless they put the OVAs in the main series or something.

I think we're on 88 now and by the end of this season we'll be on 50. And the next arc is about ~20 chapters long.

The manga is at 93 and there are like 2 more completed arcs after this plus they are working on another one. There is no excuse as to why it's taking so long. The episodes being adapted now are from 2012 and 2013 so they have enough material.

Lynd7

The manga is at 93 and there are like 2 more completed arcs after this plus they are working on another one. There is no excuse as to why it's taking so long. The episodes being adapted now are from 2012 and 2013 so they have enough material.

Yeah shouldn't we get more episodes next year and the year after fairly easily? I thought they waited so long to build up enough for no big breaks again.

DarkKyo

This show is always so intense. I find that I'm gritting my teeth during a lot of the fight scenes. And I swear every episode ends with me saying nooooooo as the to be continued text shows up.

Seriously, the cliffhangers for this show are particularly painful!
Yeah shouldn't we get more episodes next year and the year after fairly easily? I thought they waited so long to build up enough for no big breaks again.

There's no way they won't start production on S3 soon after S2 ends. There's enough material right now for two more seasons. By the time those are out the manga will likely be over.

kirblar

They likely don't want to have this long a wait between seasons again.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just saw the latest ep, soooooooo good!

I want a full flashback of that Mikasa v. Annie match though. That's a main event card right there.

silva1991

This fucking anime. I just can't stop thinking about episode 6 even after watching episode 7

IqCCj21.jpg

i8BBhW7.jpg

0NHQel6.jpg

This just destroys my already fragile heart :(

Oh and I'm not fan of the CG. Not sure why they still use it in animes. It was cool maybe 10 years ago.

silva1991

CG isn't used because 'it's cool', but because it's cheaper than traditional animation.

I see, thanks.

Someone took screenshots of the other person that got eaten.

http://imgur.com/a/DwHep

It's just some random guy, why'd be even eat him? Bertholdt is a douche.

[edit]

Also, someone edited Mikaza attacking so it's not interrupted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNo..._spoilers_since_the_clip_of_mikasa_attacking/

They're really going out with some of the animation this season.

Mikasa is truly the MVP.

Episode was too good, and the way they ended it was exactly as in the manga. Cliffhanger T_T
Which means that if they are adapting 1-2 chapters per episode, the last 3 episodes of the season are going to be a goddamn roller coaster ride. I'm actually sort of glad they made this season with one arc, because the next arc might have drag down the hype levels pretty badly.

kirblar

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
And this is why the Anime is just leagues better.

Yeah, while I REALLY love the manga, you kinda just have to read it for the story because the art is so poor a lot of times.

It often gets in the way, too, cus scenes will happen and you're not really sure what is happening or characters look SO similar that you miss out on plot details cus you don't realize who is talking.

They've done a pretty amazing job adapting it.

[edit]

Besides the whole taking 3 billion years to release season 2 and season 1 having a good bit of budget issues where they couldn't animate some scenes and had to just use still images.

mileS

Don't mind cliffhangers like that when the episode was straight fire. Holy shit that was incredible. The animation leading up to the leg cut... the animation circling around the colossal titan... Insane.

Side note: I really love the way AoT handles flashbacks.

Not Drake

Insane episode. I liked season 2 so far, but I can't deny it seemed a little slow, but it seems it all led to this. The pacing, action shots, flaashbacks. Everything was perfect damn.

J@hranimo

Banned
Late to posting but hell YES to Ep7 being godlike. I actually liked the CGI scene of circling Colossal Titan's arm compared to the rest of the CGI stuff in this episode as well as last episode.

The ending....whew.

Auctopus

S1: "omg, i can't believe these people are working against us!"

S2 Flashbacks: "oh, these people were always weirdly aggressive assholes?"

E32 was great, they've really nailed episode pacing this season. Forgot how cool Mikasa is.

Awesome episode. Man why couldn't this season be longer?

Also, man is Mikasa so boring and generic. I really don't get the love this character gets. Hanji and Sasha meanwhile are awesome.

I'm kinda hoping s3 will come around immediately after attack on train s2.

They really missed a trick with waiting so long for S2. Considering the content covered in S2 rounded up a few years ago in the Manga, there wasn't a need to wait so long imho.

There's plenty of content for 2 more arcs now. The Manga has really become something special lately.

Also I just read that Araki isn't directing this season. Thinking back it does seem quite obvious now. I miss some of the OTT aspects of the show. However the more subdued tone has fit this season's story fantastically.

Really love the sounds they gave the Armored Titan. Made him sound almost mechanical which made him far more imposing. The clanking of his armor when he punches too gives it so much heft.

Also yeah the animation was stellar. Glad to see their time and budget go into some of the more intense moments and doing them justice.

Also love the match cut between Hange, Armin and Mikasa at the very end along with the shot of Mikasa looking at the fight from a distance as
Reiner's arm fell
. Some really great framing overall

zelas

Plenty of action this episode but the show continues to have narrative issues. Who would have guessed most of this season would take place on top of a barren wall?

Joni

Bad move Armin. Should have kept your distance from the second immovable Titan.
Also love how they made Annie look adorable and made it look like Hange is in love with Eren's Titan. (Well, it is Hange, she might be.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom