• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Mikasa is such a fucking badass, Eren would be long dead without her.

In anycase that fight with Reiner was intense.

How many more eps do we have?

5? I think.

Also the CG wasn't nearly as shitty looking this time around. Looked pretty cool. Lots of very nice animated moments in this episode that really sold the scale and speed or everything.

Titan MMA Championships 32

C6qPk7r.jpg
y2kl1jr.jpg
qkbZNBg.jpg
Mj6JlwR.jpg

Holy shit. That was real good, CGI Colossal aside. But the animation with the 3DMG going on around him was so balls out crazy good that it hardly mattered.

The cliffhanger was excellent because of how abrupt it was. Like it just hard cuts.

Also feel bad for Connie because he doesn't know yet and still thinks Reiner is his best bud and they'll find his family together.

pbayne

lol such an odd fight when you really think about it. Finally best character Jeanne gets some screen time. I really miss him.

I wasn't as high on it as others since it was a return to bombastic action rather than the more horror focus the season has had so far but still a great episode.

Brakke

Banned
Lol @ Clueless Connie. Dweeeeeeeb.

Titan Wrestling was dope. And I was in LOVE with all the foley on Armor Titan's movements.

The pacing of these 20 minute episodes is prettyyyyy dumb tho. Leaving "Mikasa vs Annie Girlfight" as an unfinished thread is dumb. Clearly it'd be better to watch this whole War At The Wall sequence of eps back-to-back.

StoneFox

Great episode. Push Titans for Summer Slam.

While watching it I remembered way back at the end of Season 1, I was on youtube and someone spoiled the reveal of the Armored Titan in the comment section. It was so long ago that I forgot about the spoiler and still got to enjoy the reveal. Lol :p

Yup, episode was sick :)
They really nailed the titan fights. The weight, the power, the size etc. Love it and gives me some Evangelion feelings.

Still not happy about the cgi titan, even if i have seen much worse in anime. Still looked a little bit out of place.
Wonder why they choosed not to animate him.
But who knows about the circumstances here.

LowParry

The CGI works wells. It wasn't entirely distracting from the art. You guys are right thought. Straight up MMA. Colossal looking to eat Armor and Eren Titan though.

Holy shit. That was real good, CGI Colossal aside. But the animation with the 3DMG going on around him was so balls out crazy good that it hardly mattered.

The cliffhanger was excellent because of how abrupt it was. Like it just hard cuts.

The cliffhanger was a surprise, because I had no idea 20 minutes had happened already. The episode was intense, so it went by so fast. ;_;

usp84

What a great episode once again!Like an MMA fight.

LOL at Hanji's reaction when Eren nodded !!

They should have just attacked Reiner's exposed parts like small ants and let Eren finish the job but anyway.

Did anyone undestand who was the person person the got swallowed by the Colossal Titan?

leave connie alone! dude is still shook from what he saw at his village man. his brain is too busy trying to figure out if his mom is alive or got turned to that titan.

ShadyK54

Finally got around to watching the episode, and oh man. So so good.

Yeah, that straight up got MMA & I kind of want to see an edit where someone puts in clips from Mike Goldberg & Joe Rogan's UFC commentary lol.

Mikasa continues to be the best. (Need the conclusion to her fight with Annie, that was getting me hype for a second lol)

Great episode all around. Nice touch adding the effects to the Armored Titans armor, too.

Tuck

Also feel bad for Connie because he doesn't know yet and still thinks Reiner is his best bud and they'll find his family together.
Was Connie not on the wall when it happened? I'm confused how he didn't know.

Connie was with the Reiner / Bert / Historia / Ymir group. Remember they were in a kind of camp, outside, and the rest were on the city, and they were to the rescue of the first group.

Because he didn't have the explanation (the 1'2 hours ago' flashback from past ep, that was the Eren / Mikada / Armin group) he didn't knew they could be Titans. He just know there was a loud bang while they were walking on top of the wall and suddenly there are two titans attacking.

Brakke

Banned

[tinfoil hat]

He's so used to covering for his fellow Titans that he forgot it's ok to stop pretending he knows.

[true reason]

He's a dummy, just like he was too dumb to realize his momma got turned into a Titan.

Astral

That abrupt cut at the end was amazing lol. So that second mystery person that got taken by the Colossal Titan...were they taken because they're also a Titan? Is this actually a big deal or is it literally some random person?

jediyoshi

A ❤️ N ❤️ N ❤️ I ❤️ E

also, seeing hange go from putting out kill orders to

XIqoQZG.png

is the best

The animation in this show is really incredible. Is this the most expensive TV anime show right now?

Really great use of CGI too, which is just an utter rarity in anime.

Not much (or anything) is going on story-wise, but it's just really entertaining to watch. I think I like this better than S1, which had really long periods of complete dead air.
Yeah, the animation is absolutely incredible. Don't know if I can put it above s1, but s2 definitely has a huge shift in genres, where mystique overshadows action.
The pace of each episode from one to another is really satisfying. Everything feels necessary and tight as fuck

btw who was the second person eaten by the colossal?
no one knows unless they're a manga reader lol they have to be a titan shifter though

Episode was pretty amazing, I totally forgot how fun it was to watch Eren Titan going in. He's getting progressively better over time as well since he took that first L vs Annie. One thing I want back is that tun tun, tun tunnn music from S1 during the fighting/hype scenes. OST this season has been incredible, but that song needs to be reused for s2 IMO, it's one of the best hype songs of all time.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That marks the first time any of the titan shifters have intentionally and effectively eaten a person, pretty creepy.

If you eat someone in titan form and then go back to human form, does the person get tiny or does it stay the same size!?

Brakke

Banned
Bert obv didn't "eat" them tho. He's like a kangaroo but his pouch is on the inside. Or a chipmunk, keeping them in his cheeks. Either way: they're safely stashed for carrying away.

Not eaten, vored.

Our second case of a Titan Shifter losing an arm and then getting vored. What a weird pattern to set, lol.

DarkKyo

Bert obv didn't "eat" them tho. He's like a kangaroo but his pouch is on the inside. Or a chipmunk, keeping them in his cheeks. Either way: they're safely stashed for carrying away.

Not eaten, vored.

Our second case of a Titan Shifter losing an arm and then getting vored. What a weird pattern to set, lol.

True but with the Colossal Titan you'd imagine the average person would either be vaporized or just baked/burned beyond recognition even before reaching that pouch. His whole schtick is massive amounts of heat/steam/pressure.

Brakke

Banned
True but with the Colossal Titan you'd imagine the average person would either be vaporized or just baked/burned beyond recognition even before reaching that pouch. His whole schtick is massive amounts of heat/steam/pressure.

Why would I imagine that? Never been inside the Colossal Titan. Far as I know there's a merry-go-round in there.

Just what kind of target audience is this show going after

Griffin McElroy Presents Attack on Titan S3

DarkKyo

Why would I imagine that? Never been inside the Colossal Titan. Far as I know there's a merry-go-round in there.

Even in season one they make it a point to show the steam and heat coming off of him when Eren is trying to get a strike on him. All titans let off heat with their flesh/blood as it is, so the amount of energy a colossal, skinless titan gives off would be immense.

There's no way it's not 2000 degrees inside that thing lol

download.png

*record scratch*

See that guy on the bottom? Yeah, that's me. Bet you're wondering how I got here.

Well I guess it all started when I met my little sister...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
These goddamn weekly cliffhangers are so goddamn good. What a huge step up this season has been.

Anyone else having problems playing it on the Hulu app?
I had one issue in the back half were it just paused in a black screen. Rewinded 20 secs and it finished playing the episode fine.

Cuburt

That abrupt cut at the end was amazing lol. So that second mystery person that got taken by the Colossal Titan...were they taken because they're also a Titan? Is this actually a big deal or is it literally some random person?

They have to be a Titan. I think it was spelling out pretty clearly that the reason Reiner decided to just straight up attempt to recruit Eren was because part of their plan must benefit from more shifters helping them. That also seems why Ymir is a person of interest and they grabbed both her and Eren and tried to run.

The fact that there is one more scout makes it seem like they know that person is a Titan, but we haven't gotten the reveal yet.

I tried to see if there was anyone I recognized that was missing, but at least all the main characters that were there seem to be accounted for. Then again, I've never even noticed Bertholdt before last episode, so I'm sure there is some character that has a minor role that I just never noticed.

download.png

*record scratch*

See that guy on the bottom? Yeah, that's me. Bet you're wondering how I got here.

Well I guess it all started when I met my little sister...

baw gawd from the top rope, 50 meters of muscle coming down on Eren "The Attacker" Jeager like that, baw gawd stop the match, his tag partner is still in the ring baw gawd

Cuburt

When Eren grabbed Reiner in the arm bar, I immediately yelled, "Rip his arm off!" and went crazy when it happened. I'm even a little disturbed from my reaction. lol It's awesome to not only see Eren learn some moves but step outside of his usual blind fury and get some effective fighting in. He'll be a beast once he learns more discipline.

Mikasa breaking her blades on Reiner's armor and still attempting to break through with the broken blade was great. Shows how determined she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom