• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shingeki no Kyojin - 32

Nice episode but before I went to it I was rooting, and still am, for Reiner/Bertholdt here due to the child soldier vibe I picked up from them during the last episode; they may be on the wrong side but goddamn am I empathizing hard with them, plus there's still so much I want answered such as what village/land they come from (along with Annie) and what they're ultimate plan was once encountering Eren. On top of that, Armored Titan and Colossus Titan just look so much cooler than Eren's Titan form.

MMA Titan battle is still MMA Titan battle though and it was great seeing it animated excellently; actually I laughed a bit during the beginning as Eren ate those sucker punches. The Colossus Titan coming down on the two for the cliffhanger seems odd though, like what's the goal here? Gonna faceplant into the ground with an open jaw?

Speaking of the Colossus Titan what's the deal with his skull face in the end? Was his steam defense using the muscled flesh as fuel to generate the steam?

mm04

WITS also got Kabaneri Season 2 in the pipeline so it will just take some time, but I think season 3 will be end of 2018/begining of 2019. Would be enough buffer and make sense. There will surely be another recap Movie for this arc next year.

Kabeneri Season 2? NIce. I enjoyed the first season.

Barzul

Fuck I just caught all the way up. I remember reading that scene in the manga a few years back. I'll have to revisit it maybe. How many episodes are left in this season?

lol that was hilarious seeing Eren getting taught BJJ in a flashback and then hitting an arm triangle, armbar, kneebar and guillotine all in succession.

Hypron

why didnt he use any of them against annie? :thinking:
guess he was not used to controlling his titan form ?

Well, I guess he didn't absolutely need to. Whereas against Reiner there's essentially nothing he could have done without going all BJJ on his ass.

Although, it's hilarious how good he is at it haha

Well, I guess he didn't absolutely need to. Whereas against Reiner there's essentially nothing he could have done without going all BJJ on his ass.

Although, it's hilarious how good he is at it haha

In a past life, Eren was Demian Maia.

But seriously, if someone understands the basic mechanics behind those submission moves, they can usually pull them off in a fight against someone who doesn't know what they are at all, because they don't understand what's happening until they're caught in it.

silva1991

Shingeki no Kyojin - 32

Nice episode but before I went to it I was rooting, and still am, for Reiner/Bertholdt here due to the child soldier vibe I picked up from them during the last episode; they may be on the wrong side but goddamn am I empathizing hard with them, plus there's still so much I want answered such as what village/land they come from (along with Annie) and what they're ultimate plan was once encountering Eren. On top of that, Armored Titan and Colossus Titan just look so much cooler than Eren's Titan form.

MMA Titan battle is still MMA Titan battle though and it was great seeing it animated excellently; actually I laughed a bit during the beginning as Eren ate those sucker punches. The Colossus Titan coming down on the two for the cliffhanger seems odd though, like what's the goal here? Gonna faceplant into the ground with an open jaw?

Speaking of the Colossus Titan what's the deal with his skull face in the end? Was his steam defense using the muscled flesh as fuel to generate the steam?

Always loved Reiner especially and Bertholdt, so part of me was rooting for them :p

Armored titan design is just way too good and it's hard to not root for it. I hate Eren's armor form face so much.

tumblr_inline_na30mjuPty1so29dq.jpg

usp84

I wonder if/when will see how Reiner and Bertholdt gained the titan power from their "village" and what other titan forms exist.

Cuburt

I wonder if besides the hardening, Annie and Eren's Titans have the same stats

I've always got the impression that Eren is like the Hulk, in that his rage fuels his power levels and that we haven't seen his upper limit yet, it's just that he was terrible at fighting and controlling himself at first. Annie on the other hand was clearly a great fighter, whether in Titan form or not.

Compared to Reiner, Eren and Annie seemed to be more on an even playing field, but it could have been more due to their strengths and weaknesses cancelling each other out.

BizzyBum

I'm interested to find out why Reiner and Bert didn't know Ymir was a Titan. Why did Ymir eat their friend in the past? She looked more like a nonthinking Titan at that point. I assume it's just different Titan factions or villages?

I'm interested to find out why Reiner and Bert didn't know Ymir was a Titan. Why did Ymir eat their friend in the past? She looked more like a nonthinking Titan at that point. I assume it's just different Titan factions or villages?

Or maybe she wasn't in control, like Eren's had trouble with in the past?

BizzyBum

I don't read the manga so I have no idea, I thought it was simply they harvested Titan's and used their hardening ability to create the walls.

Izayoi

Banned
We had a scene earlier this season where Hange directly compared some sort of sample w/ the walls and noticed they matched.
Right, but nowhere was it explained how the walls were built. I.e., nobody ever said "Humanity harvests dead Titans and builds the walls with them."

Contextually, it doesn't make any sense anyway. Once a Titan is dead, it evaporates. The Titans in the walls are clearly alive. The Titans that were previously subdued by the scouts continue to be very aggressive, even after capture - and obviously that isn't the case with the wall Titans. Clearly there's something else going on.

P.S.: Is "Titan" a proper noun?

Brakke

Banned
Right. The Walls are built using Titan hard-flesh. We know that much.

But that leaves a lot of real big goddamn questions such as "how the fuck did the people that built the walls have access to a supply of Titans and how did they control them well enough to pull off a complicated engineering project?". Also "why did they cover that fact up?".

I feel like Linked Horizon has done a really good job with matching their first OP. I remember thinking there was no way it'd ever be surpassed, but I like their other two OP themes just as much if not more than the first.

Right, but nowhere was it explained how the walls were built. I.e., nobody ever said "Humanity harvests dead Titans and builds the walls with them."

Contextually, it doesn't make any sense anyway. Once a Titan is dead, it evaporates. The Titans in the walls are clearly alive. The Titans that were previously subdued by the scouts continue to be very aggressive, even after capture - and obviously that isn't the case with the wall Titans. Clearly there's something else going on.

P.S.: Is "Titan" a proper noun?

I think I remember hearing someone say to cover the Titan so it wouldn't be exposed to light, so that might explain why they are currently unresponsive. Doesn't explain how they got there in the first place of course though.

Izayoi

Banned
I feel like Linked Horizon has done a really good job with matching their first OP. I remember thinking there was no way it'd ever be surpassed, but I like their other two OP themes just as much if not more than the first.
Yeah, this season's OP is hype as FUCK. It's the only OP I'm watching consistently this season. Really gets you in the mood for the episode. A+

SkyOdin

After the last two episodes, I decided to go back and rewatch all of season 1 (and the aired episodes of season 2). It was worth it. It helped refresh my memory on a ton of details, let me catch various cameos of minor recurring characters, and see the entire story up until now in a whole new light. The entire series is great.

kirblar

After the last two episodes, I decided to go back and rewatch all of season 1 (and the aired episodes of season 2). It was worth it. It helped refresh my memory on a ton of details, let me catch various cameos of minor recurring characters, and see the entire story up until now in a whole new light. The entire series is great.
There's little details/easter eggs hidden in there that weren't even published in the Manga at the time- they did a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom