• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.
decent episode but I want some answers already!

I did not sense anything important this ep:

Was it:

The priest knew about the wall titan or the titan with weak limbs just chillin on top of the house?

1. How did the Titan get in the house if it can't walk?
2. How did the Titans get in? Armin wasn't certain that the wall had actually been breached.
3. Whats the Priest protecting so fanatically? Like Hange said, how could it possibly be more important then the survival of humanity?

One of my favorite episodes thus far. Sasha is my favorite character.

This is reaching horror territory,they are doing a better zombie show than TWD without even trying.

I agree. The tension is very real in AoT. Both shows have their untouchables, but I think this one does a better job of making their struggle more believable. The premise is also similar enough in structure, but again, in AoT, I actually believe that there is an answer to the questions our heroes are looking for, whereas in TWD, they haven't even mentioned a cure, which I assume is still the end goal, in at least several seasons.

BizzyBum

1. How did the Titan get in the house if it can't walk?
2. How did the Titans get in? Armin wasn't certain that the wall had actually been breached.
3. Whats the Priest protecting so fanatically? Like Hange said, how could it possibly be more important then the survival of humanity?

I'm going to guess random people are turning into Titans in the villages.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Yoooo guys I finally recently discovered this show and binged all of first season in two days. Then I learned there's a season 2 and it only just started after a 4 years wait. I am blessed you guys. Watched the first episode, 26, immediately. Now I'm going to stay away from this thread till I could watch episode 27 :)

Damn that was a great episode. The backgrounds looked really good, the music was AMAZING, and as other have said the sense of dread as both Sasha and Conny returned to their villages was intense.

I like the maneuver gear action scenes as much as everyone else but Sasha taking out that titan with only bows and arrows was awesome. When she threw down the bow and just jammed the the arrow into its eye I pumped my fist.

I also liked how Sasha and her dad had southern accents in the subtitles.

Episode 26 was good, but if the rest of the season is as great as episode 27 then it will help to alleviate the pain of only getting 12 episodes for season 2.

DarkKyo

It's crazy how much titans can differ in size. Small titans are terrifying because they're so close in size and appearance to humans *shudder*

Also yes the music is amazing this season!

It's crazy how much titans can differ in size. Small titans are terrifying because they're so close in size and appearance to humans *shudder*

The smaller Titan was really horrifying and well done imo. It seems to be human size but you see it coming out of the door and it's 4 meters tall.

I haven't read the manga but that deformed titan in Conny's house hinting that titans are being born from normal / other people inside the walls? Creepy if so because that means that that titan is related to Conny and literally anyone can be one.

I thought that titan that Sash fought was just one of the villagers turning on cannibalism after all the food talk with her dad. Maybe cannibalism was the reason titans exist? Maybe humanity in the past commited not just the ultimate sin (killing another person) but also consumed said person. The ending theme is starting to somewhat make sense if so and explains the titans' lust for human flesh. I love it when an anime makes me speculate like this! Makes your imagination run wild.

Awesome episode. I can see why some people are seeing it as "filler" because we barely got to see the main characters, but this episode definitely advanced the story forward. This show is still doing it's world building so if you're here just to see certain characters do whatever, tough luck. It's called the overall picture.

On the other hand, I do get the feeling of, we had 24 episodes of awesomeness and now we have to accept that we waited so long to have only 12 episodes, so yeah every episode is gonna be nitpicked if it's not straight up action.

The smaller Titan was really horrifying and well done imo. It seems to be human size but you see it coming out of the door and it's 4 meters tall.

I haven't read the manga but that deformed titan in Conny's house hinting that titans are being born from normal / other people inside the walls? Creepy if so because that means that that titan is related to Conny and literally anyone can be one.
That's the vibe I'm getting.

dani_dc

So many death flags during this episode, thankfully Sasha made it out of it alive.

Sasha using the arrows was one of my favourite scenes of the manga, glad that it was just as intense on the adaptation.
I had actually forgotten how Sasha got out of this, so I was pretty hyped when she just stuck the arrow through the Titan's eyes. Quite happy that she got out of the situation by herself too.

Kickz

Not happy to have a side story ep like this with only 12eps this season.. If it was like 26 or more then sure.

I was expecting for Sasha to finish up with the titan and then later on find the girl being devoured by another one. Thank goodness that didn't happen

Galava

Not happy to have a side story ep like this with only 12eps this season.. If it was like 26 or more then sure.

I'm thinking they used this side-story just to be able to show
that scene between Krista and Ymir and develop their characters further before future eps.

Marked it as spoiler, though it's not really a spoiler.

JC Lately

Everyone seems so sure that Wall Rose fell, something the show hasn't shown us.

That plus Weak Limb Titan and Unusally Small Titan leads me to belive that people are randomly transforming into Titans. However,

1B945FEB-737E-472D-8478-2A655A743492_zpsjmpifws9.jpg

Why? How? Were all Titans formerly humans? If so Why can some shift back and forth and retain their intelligence? If not, how were these humans changed? Also: Why these humans? Why not someone(s) deep in the interior? And I haven't even gotten to the Titan in the wall yet.

Everyone seems so sure that Wall Rose fell, something the show hasn't shown us.

Yeah I was thinking about this too. Also coming from the direction of the Wall Rose "breach" was the beast titan which can understand both human language and how the maneuver gear works. That titan is defintely up to something.

And then there is the whole "Titans in the wall" thing. So many questions!!!

jediyoshi

Awesome episode. I can see why some people are seeing it as "filler" because we barely got to see the main characters, but this episode definitely advanced the story forward. This show is still doing it's world building so if you're here just to see certain characters do whatever, tough luck. It's called the overall picture.

To clarify, in the actual manga itself, up to its most current state, is it still world building?

Kickz

Read somewhere that the mangaka originally had Sasha dying in this ep, but changed it when a manga editor of his cried because of it.

Maybe it's because what happened this episode is going to be important later on? Or at least the characters involved will be important.

Even if that wasn't the case, we got tons of hints this episode about the nature of titans and this world.

Maybe it's because what happened this episode is going to be important later on? Or at least the characters involved will be important.

Even if that wasn't the case, we got tons of hints this episode about the nature of titans and this world.

There's that and I don't see how titans showing up mysteriously is filler or a side story. That's set up. That' establishing the new plot line.

This isn't a side story. This is main plot right here.

Sasha's stuff can easily be considered a side-story as it offers very little outside of building her character a bit. It's 'nice to have', but shouldn't take nearly an entire episode, especially not when the overall progression of the AoT anime will be lackluster.

Connie's homecoming clearly has more significance but that was just thrown at us for a minute or two and will likely continue within next episode.

Not sweet at all, show was terrible

And that's an understatement.

DrD

Hopefully 12 episodes this season means that the wait for the next season is shorter. I'll take 12 episodes a season in exchange for a new season every year. The manga is way ahead so it shouldn't be too big of a problem, and I can see the manga ending within 2 years.

DarkKyo

To clarify, in the actual manga itself, up to its most current state, is it still world building?

Here and there, but it's at a point where mostly everything is on the table and there are very few major questions remaining. It's leaping ahead in action/time rather quickly now.

LordOfChaos

So apparently it's only 12 episodes because the studios just don't have enough staff?

https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/status/847616206429224961

Wish some company like netflix would put up the money.

Yeah, Wit Studios and animation houses in general in Japan are really overproducing different shows, and causing a deficit of talent to keep up with it.

Without Kabaneri we'd probably have a full length season 2...They're only 34 people and producing a bunch of stuff this year and last. I wonder if it would have been better to wait till after AoT to start Kabaneri, now they're stretched on resources.

No word yet on if the 1 cour season means season 3 will be a shorter wait as far as I know.

Hellraider

Excellent episode. Sasha is such a great character whenever we get something more than her just stealing and eating food. God-tier voice acting from Kobayashi is making this many times better than the manga.

I know you guys are anxious about having an episode like this with the episode count halved since last time, but there is a good way to procrastinate development and give a series time to breath and a bad one (something that happened a lot in the previous season). For an anime only fan the last episode still needs some time to settle and having some decent development for the characters outside of the main trio was (and still is) much needed.

Kinyou

Yeah, Wit Studios and animation houses in general in Japan are really overproducing different shows, and causing a deficit of talent to keep up with it.

Without Kabaneri we'd probably have a full length season 2...They're only 34 people and producing a bunch of stuff this year and last. I wonder if it would have been better to wait till after AoT to start Kabaneri, now they're stretched on resources.

No word yet on if the 1 cour season means season 3 will be a shorter wait as far as I know.
I imagine Kabaneri will be 12 episodes again so hopefully they get back to Titan after that.

Decided to read the manga, on chapter 15 or so,but glad S2 seems pretty good. Gonna get caught up soon.

Could anyone who is up to date on the manga + show etc PM me/reply with what Chapter of the manga S1 ended at? I don't know if the progress is strictly parallel or if its a little like GoT...

Jonsoncao

Banned
Watched the second ep last night. Great ep but tooooooooooooooooo short.

My question:
Was that titan Sasha rescued the girl from actually that girl's dad? Because her mom wasn't actually trying to fight back or scared, just slowly weeping during being eaten alive. If this is true, does this mean that the titans in ep1 are from the interior of Wall Rose?

Yonafunu

Watched the second ep last night. Great ep but tooooooooooooooooo short.

My question:
Was that titan Sasha rescued the girl from actually that girl's dad? Because her mom wasn't actually trying to fight back or scared, just slowly weeping during being eaten alive. If this is true, does this mean that the titans in ep1 are from the interior of Wall Rose?

No need to tag that.

As for your question, it's (probably) not. Sasha saw its footprints leading to the village, remember? The mother didn't fight back because she knew there was nothing she could do, being crippled and all.

So many death flags during this episode, thankfully Sasha made it out of it alive.

Sasha using the arrows was one of my favourite scenes of the manga, glad that it was just as intense on the adaptation.
I had actually forgotten how Sasha got out of this, so I was pretty hyped when she just stuck the arrow through the Titan's eyes. Quite happy that she got out of the situation by herself too.

Yeah. Two fantastic episodes to kick off the new season. Loved the mystery feel coming back into play too.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Kabaneri a lot & I'm happy its getting a second season. It definitely filled the AoT void for me last year.

Agreed. I really liked it and was glad when it was finally announced we'd get more.

Moaradin

Interesting that people were calling this episode filler. I thought this was one of the better episodes in the series tbh.

Mr Git

Brilliant episode, shame about the cut-off at the end. Great to see this stuff finally animated. Also this is as far from filler as you can possibly get - major plot points following main characters.

Kickz

Such a better episode this week than last week.

Can't believe it took me so long to figure out that Titan in the house was probably villager I had figured it was thrown into the house for some reason..

Finally we are getting some damn reveals

Geg

The way the end of this episode was edited was really weird with the way it kept cutting around without really showing what was going on at the castle. I guess the missing castle scenes will be like a flashback at the beginning of next week's episode.

Kinda disappointing because I was looking forward to that scene between Reiner and Ymir which they only teased in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom