• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Tom Nook

Vince Russo Fact No. 749:

Near the end of WCW, Russo booked Miss Hancock's [Stacy Keibler] kayfabe pregnancy, putting a quick end to her wedding to David Flair with Flair challenging any wrestler he suspected of fathering the 'baby'. The plan was that Vince Russo had booked himself as the daddy but AOL-Time Warner pulled the plug on WCW before it could play out. This would've been followed by Ric Flair announcing that Keibler was the product of an affair he had some 20 years before, which would've made her and his son David half-siblings.

Text "STOP" to cancel your subscription

Yikes.

Even if WCW were not bought by WWF and it still on TV for another station, it won't last for another year or two with shit like this.

Hasney

Of course.

Russo claims when he came up with the idea everyone thought it was a great idea (lol) and yet when he pitched Tank Abbott winning the title that was the final straw that got him sacked from WCW.

You're getting your timelines a bit twisted. The Tank thing got him fired before even doing the Arquette thing as that was when Bischoff was back, so he probably signed off on it too. And I can totally imagine Bischoff digging a celeb champ.

Egg0

Banned
As a dumb kid, I really liked Ready to Rumble. I had hoped that Arquette would show up in character as oppose to an amped up version of himself.

Wait.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait...

giphy.gif

Aw yeah. That's the gif.
That's ten years. Try a booker T 5 years, 5 years, 5 years, 5 years, 5 years gif

Syder

As a dumb kid, I really liked Ready to Rumble. I had hoped that Arquette would show up in character as oppose to an amped up version of himself.
The thing about RTR that bothers me is that it paints wrestling fans in the worst possible light, Arquette's and Caan's characters are borderline mentally handicapped and don't know that wrestling is work, but who the fuck is going to watch a wrestling movie? Hardcore wrestling marks. It's no wonder the thing completely bombed.

Also, I love DDP's idea for how the move SHOULD have ended.

Egg0

Banned
The thing about RTR that bothers me is that it paints wrestling fans in the worst possible light, Arquette's and Caan's characters are borderline mentally handicapped and don't know that wrestling is work, but who the fuck is going to watch a wrestling movie? Hardcore wrestling marks. It's no wonder the thing completely bombed.

Also, I love DDP's idea for how the move SHOULD have ended.

Yeah, I rewatched it years ago and I couldn't believe I ever liked it. I guess I thought it was novel seeing wrestlers in a movie or something. I watched that shitty Universal Soldiers sequel because Goldberg was in it.

No, it's like... 5 years. But he's so in your face about it with CHARISMA, that he uses both hands.

5 years. 5 years. Take it.

i need to make a booker t one

If you do need to make one, how about you make it a hot exclusive to your channel and leave the 5 years bullshit out of this thread? This is getting really fucking old.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The better way is for Finn to get a better finisher.
People ask all of the time on this thread how he can do that move without hurting his opponent. That is why it is a good move and he is going to keep doing it.

And yeah the 5 years thing is yet another unfunny in-joke WrassleGAF has made sure to run into the fucking ground.

Who would cut a worse promo on each other: Cena or Roman?

Roman.

When Cena made out with Eve behind Ryder's back and then proceeded to slut-shame Eve for it >>>>>>>>

While it was funny back then, it would kind of hard to find it funny now.

You call yourself Shinsuke Nakamura, the king of strong style

Well I'm the Sensei of North America, and we gon go wild

The champ is here

I laughed too hard on that one.

If we're chasing off posters that aren't Trump trolls, I volunteer Groovy next

Keeping Springsteen and running Anth0ny out on a rail? smh at what yall have become. No wonder everyone was against me, an open queer, for thinking bigoted wrestlers shouldn't get a pass

My inbox is open for those wanting to apologize. Gonna go take a tempwalk too

Sephzilla

Anth0ny is good people, don't chase him off because you're in denial about watching a dying product

#5Years

Wait, you fuckers let bean breath and Bruce Springsteen in this thread?

ylnOuKy.gif

I didn't have anything to do with it damnit!

bean breath was always cool by me though

If you do need to make one, how about you make it a hot exclusive to your channel and leave the 5 years bullshit out of this thread? This is getting really fucking old.

So this is how midcarders felt cutting promos against The Rock...

I need to come up with some bullshit spooky effects to keep up

Keeping Springsteen and running Anth0ny out on a rail? smh at what yall have become. No wonder everyone was against me, an open queer, for thinking bigoted wrestlers shouldn't get a pass

I'm going to cautiously not make the leap to suggest you are inferring what I think you are.

I never said the bolded to you. When the topic of bigotry comes up, we always land on the right side of the conversation and call it out. I can't help you if you don't understand why I and a few others called you out for tying that topic into an entirely irrelelant discussion on numerous occasion.

We literally complimented two performers for a singular act of professionalism for working through an ad libbed / botched finish. How you tied that to bigotry and how you think bringing this up now is relevant is beyond me.

It certainly doesn't make me a troll not when I am the one consistently redirecting the fucking conversation and making it about me.

Syder

Woah... I must've missed this.

Top Bottom