• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Cena spoke with more confidence and personality. Even ignoring the content, Cena is just flat out a better promo and it showed in every way tonight.

You see when Roman forgot his lines and looked like an idiot? That never happens to Cena ever because he's better than that and quicker on his feet.

Yeah because Cena's entire character is I don't give a fuck. It's easy to e quick on your feet when all you have to do is just giggle, deny and brush off.

Cena set up Reigns to fail. Reigns started off solid and if Cena had acted like any of it mattered it might have worked out.

But at least Roman wasn't talking about heel turns, and "cutting promos" and breaking the 4th wall... All he needed to do was call out Arn Anderson and ask him if he had had any scissors he could borrow to help him "cut" a killer promo and I'd have sworn it was Nitro 2000 all over again. It was crap.

Toki767

I bet the main reason Vince is doing this now and not at Mania is because the crowd the night after SummerSlam completely crapped on both of them.

If they did that there, think about how bad it would be at Mania.

Yeah because Cena's entire character is I don't give a fuck. It's easy to e quick on your feet when all you have to do is just giggle, deny and brush off.

Cena set up Reigns to fail. Reigns started off solid and if Cena had acted like any of it mattered it might have worked out.

But at least Roman wasn't talking about heel turns, and "cutting promos" and breaking the 4th wall... All he needed to do was call out Arn Anderson and ask him if he had had any scissors he could borrow to help him "cut" a killer promo and I'd have sworn it was Nitro 2000 all over again. It was crap.

Are you telling me the whole thing was a shoot? :p

Roman *forgot his lines mid sentence* then stood there gawking like a nimrod for almost a full minute before he remembered what he was supposed to say. That's 100% on him.
Roman was waiting for the weak ass Cena sucks chant to pick up steam, but Cena ruined the moment by laughing it off and telling him to move along.

I bet the main reason Vince is doing this now and not at Mania is because the crowd the night after SummerSlam completely crapped on both of them.

Football season

miserable

I wish I had a Cena dab gif to post.

tenor.gif

Is this a dab? Or a half dab? I dunno fam

We absolutely know there are guys on the roster that could of handled Cena's onslaught. In RAW alone:

Miz of course.
Joe can.
Ambrose has

Cena isn't untouchable. But the E is stupid putting the likes of Corbin and Roman up against Dickhead Cena. Regular Cena? Sure.

But that Cena they clearly are not ready for.

Also it doesn't really matter if Reigns handled Cena laughing at everything the worst because Cena shouldn't be fucking laughing at everything.

It all comes back to that.

Knox

Cena treats promos as a shoot competition where each person gets to say whatever they want to look better than the other person. The problem is he only competes against people who are pressured into giving forced shitty scripted promos every week, so whenever this happens the other guy comes out looking like shit (with few exceptions).

Toki767

Roman was waiting for the weak ass Cena sucks chant to pick up steam, but Cena ruined the moment by laughing it off and telling him to move along.

Football season

Football season is why they should have saved this for Mania. If you're Vince, you would in theory, want as many eyes on this program as possible.

Are you telling me the whole thing was a shoot? :p

No it wasn't intentional but Cena's promo style does nothing for any of his opponents. It sets all of them up to fail.

Roman bumps his head the wrong way in an Attitude Adjustment and ends up in a coma

Cena goes to the hospital to visit some kids but stops by to cut a promo on him

"They say you can't wake up. I say you ain't tried hard enough"

Here's the problem, it doesn't matter if Reigns is a face or a heel, he should never been doing a back and forth shoot type promo with someone like Cena. Reigns should be the powerhouse (even though he isn't), the guy who kicks ass, says very little, and is kinda mysterious. He's only interested in kicking ass and little else. Having him out there giving the typical "bitch" cheap pop promo just goes to show they continue to have no idea how to book him.

Toki767

No it wasn't intentional but Cena's promo style does nothing for any of his opponents. It sets all of them up to fail.

Let's be honest. The only way this program can possibly get any sort heat from the crowd other than "you both suck" chants is to do these worked-shoot promos.

And if Cena laughs at whatever Reigns says, maybe Reigns should start laughing back at what Cena says. Or get angry. Or show any sort of emotion other than a blank stare wondering what's happening.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/08/28/tetsuya-naito-kenny-omega-bullet-club

SI.com: Kazuchika Okada is known as one of, if not the, greatest wrestler in the world. Does it bother you that people believe Okada is better than you?

Naito: I think there are a lot of fans that love Okada and don’t want to respect me. I understand that. But what I want to say to those people is, “Are your eyes really open? Are you really watching?” They should do what I do, pry their eyes open and watch. Then they’d understand.

I think the proper context to look at this is considering that Cena, less than two weeks ago, completely buried Corbin while laughing at him during half the match.

This may be a new John. The Big Shoot John. Don't be surprised if at No Mercy, Cena goes into business for himself and holds Roman's shoulders down for the 3 count after 1 AA.

Brinbe

still lmao @ john cena bootleg and cena completely shitting on the pause during the promo.

that parttimer shit about cena doesn't really work considering how hard he worked carrying the company all those years.

At the very least it shows that Roman is no ace.

Let's be honest. The only way this program can possibly get any sort heat from the crowd other than "you both suck" chants is to do these worked-shoot promos.

And if Cena laughs at whatever Reigns says, maybe Reigns should start laughing back at what Cena says. Or get angry. Or show any sort of emotion other than a blank stare wondering what's happening.

I mean he did flip the table and shit.

I dunno I just think Cena should stop being annoying and use the acting skills he's picking up on the set of Transformers and act like he gives a shit.

cordy

Banned
This isn't real dude. Cena is going to get got unl;ess he actually lets himself get got, he's not going to get got if he never takes anyone seriously. Cena has been peak laugh off everything since basically his Miz feud.

Cena treated the segment like nothing mattered and therefore the segment didn't matter.
Also it doesn't really matter if Reigns handled Cena laughing at everything the worst because Cena shouldn't be fucking laughing at everything.

It all comes back to that.

It doesn't matter if Cena laughs because at the end of the day if what you say is real then the laughing won't matter. Look at the Punk feud that had Cena laughing all the way through it, same with HHH in that feud, and yet Punk's words were too true. You're too hungup on the laughing when it was Roman's fault tonight. Hell Reigns tried to smirk and do calm "oh this is fun" thing back at Cena but it couldn't keep himself composed.

It was Roman's fault for not being able to handle what Cena said. Dude broke down out there and you can pause the promo and see it at different parts.
It was Roman's fault for taking long pauses in the middle of his promo enough so that Cena had to stick that knife deeper into his heart.
It was Roman's fault for not having a counter for what Cena said like everybody else has.

Also, it was Roman's fault for letting himself get walked over out there tonight. Dude just stood to the side, let Cena rip into him and then when it was his turn he said "you're the master of spinning this" like what Cena said wasn't true.

I don't care how much you believe this but anyone can tell you Roman fucked up. You can't get mad at Cena for being the one to take off the muzzle while the Big Dog is out there with his still on.

Cagey

Banned
Hang on, I forgot that Roman ate the pin in the fatal four way. I bet Vince is fed up with his pet projects and is having Cena tear them down.

I've also heard that Cena kicked Cass really hard in the knee last week before his match.
Cena is running through recent projects like he's Arya Stark here and we're supposed to believe Roman stands a chance against the push assassin, the Faceless Man U Can't See, when he's activated his spot protection mode.

Roman is in trouble. Longest odds yet.

Cena is running through recent projects like he's Arya Stark here and we're supposed to believe Roman stands a chance against the push assassin, the Faceless Man U Can't See, when he's activated his spot protection mode.

Roman is in trouble. Longest odds yet.
tumblr_njwdhnQsuO1srbyoyo1_500.gif

Observe a typical Wrestling Community Thread Regular in its natural habitat:

Zero Fs to give. Just fuck off Cena. Stupid promo.

Crowd has 0 Fs to give.

Holy shit. Cheap ass corporately created John Cena bootleg.

Roman can legit cry now.

This is awesome. Holy shit goddamn. This is probably the best promo in recent years. Goddamn.

This is just too real. Goddamn.

Top Bottom