• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

If you call that "trying too hard", I'm curious how you'd classify this?
1091%20-%20autoplay_gif%20confetti%20gif%20monday_nitro%20vince_russo%20wcw.gif

Adree

Really love the varied looks of the MYC wrestlers. Hope the ones that get signed can freshen up the extremely stale womens rosters.

Adree

Rhea Ripley and Charlotte would be a cool tag team

Sarah Logan's accent is adorable.

WWE should really sign Mia Yim.

Okay I was way behind and then got even further with RAM being on so I'm skipping a bunch because it's really late now. Enjoyed those first four MYC episodes but goddamn that commentary was dreadful and that was AFTER they went back and redid it, holy shit.

Demi Bennett/Rhea Ripley (she apparently started wrestling four years ago) is a future star as is Taynara Conti... Jazzy is totally getting signed if she isn't already and they set up a good way to bring her in and I hope they use it. I'd do the old grabbing the authority figure's attention route by having her meeting with Regal or being prevented from having it, maybe more than once leading to her jumping the rail while Abbey (it's taken a minute to get use to that after years of Kimber Lee) is in the ring and beating the crap out of her. I still need to remind myself that despite how long Toni Storm has been around she's still only like 21 or 22. >_<

Just finished the first round. Kairi is the best wrestler in this tournament by a hundred miles. Her personality, her technical ability, her selling. It's just all fantastic. It's all stuff we already knew, but it's all translating here. The first round overall was pretty good. Not great, but a lot of it was cutting out the chaff.

The second round matches and onward all look legit great. Can't wait for next week.

Top three matches of the first round:
1. Kairi Sane vs. Tessa Blanchard
2. Piper Niven vs. Santana Garrett
3. Mia Yim vs. Sarah Logan
I agree on 1 and 2 but I think I'd put Abbey/Jazzy at number 3. Of course Kairi is the best! I know they didn't on the replay but the damn camera cuts every ten seconds or less continues to be annoying, I can't believe they even did it on Kairi's diving elbow, it's so damn simple to shoot so what the fuck?
Jazzy not winning is a combination of two things.

Abbey Laith is one of their recent signings that they wanted to give a boost to. And they probably didn't have a contract agreement with Jazzy at the time.

Yeah, it's surprising to me. Even more so is that she was a late call and wasn't even supposed to win. Belle being so awful in the match made them change the finish midway through.

I think she will get signed sooner or later though.

I think Abbey also sets up more opportunity to set up things as a kind of underdog sort and later on with Jazzy.

Their apparently changing the finish in the middle of the match is kind of hilarious I wold love to know what went through Marti's mind.

Clip of Kairi hitting the elbow for the first time

https://streamable.com/hc2d1

Holy shit at the reaction when she signals for it. Best elbow drop I've ever seen.
That felt like a "lol rumors" (though it's probably one of those one person said something and another said something else deals) when she called for it.

We said that about the Cruiserweights last year and look at what happened.
I think we said only if Vince wasn't involved, they were doomed the moment it was announced it would run after Smackdown and Vince's hands would be all over it, WWE has never successfully done a light/cruiser weight division so that wasn't going to change now.
hips I take it?

yup. Same for Ember no?

Ember has been doing it for around a decade at this point, if she were to have problems I'd think they would've started by now, pay attention to the way she lands, I don't think it's usually a straight butt drop, still I do hope she gets an alternate finisher at some point and saves the Eclipse for bigger matches. It might also help both of them that WWE's rings are a lot more forgiving than most.

LOL with Cena doing the worked shooting on what we've all said on Roman. Double LOL on Alexa Bliss winning the title back and Sasha once again getting only a couple or so weeks with it. Triple LOL at doing a Nia turn already.

I still need to watch more but I think I'm going to bed instead.

hahaha, they cut out roman's flub
I didn't watch Raw and am only watching the clips, what'd he flub?

giphy.gif

That felt like a "lol rumors" (though it's probably one of those one person said something and another said something else deals) when she called for it.

Didn't someone from stardom say Kairi told them she couldn't use it too?

Backlash brought it back thankfully.
I didn't watch Raw and am only watching the clips, what'd he flub?

See how he goes from 1) to 2) smoothly?

uncut he flubs after cena makes a joke:

https://youtu.be/q-B2f2M5feQ?t=10m30s

If the audience buys into what you're saying Cena's laughing doesn't come off as burying, it comes off as a shook jerk trying to save face. Nobody(not literally you marks) buys into what Roman's saying, he doesn't have that conviction in his words(however he showed a flash of anger tonight which was his best showing yet) and he especially can't use the same arguements that someone like a CM Punk can when Roman's known as WWE's new golden boy.

Remember Roman when he was in the ring with Joe and Brock, he felt like a guy playing a character while the other two were on some grown ass man shit. It's a combo of Roman being sabotaged by the script and him personally being too chill of a person and unable to bring out that "realness", the guy has an issue fully embodying his character and the booking does him no favors.

Pikma

Banned
Shelton Benjamin’s planned tag match with Chad Gable tonight may have to be pushed back as Benjamin lives in Houston and was not on the road with WWE when Hurricane Harvey hit the area.

:(

Dynedom

I feel it's less about Vince/people in power not liking Sasha and more Vince just wanting to kill the Women's division on RAW in general. Completely devalue the title until people don't give a shit.

klonere

Banned
Hearing rumors that Russo personally advised Vince on the Cena/Roman segment.

It's only right they bring in the most iconic WWE creative personality in history to help guide the most important feud for the company in 10 years.

Jamie OD

Well that was a fascinating back and forth between Cena and Roman last night. And what is it about women's wrestling that drives us all insane? My timeline is a catastrophe of hot takes between the title change and the MYC right now.

Pikma

Banned
I hope we get at least 10 more years of Vince
Welcome to Monday Night Raw!

Live from the Balboa Park Municipal Gymnasium in front of a sold out crowd!!!!

We want to thank our new partners, Twitch TV for allowing us to reach all of you, the WWE Universe, in this new exciting chapter in the history of our great company

Now please remember you're welcome to tip any of the performers you like, and if you like the show overall you can always hit the donate button!

And don't miss tonight's main event, where Evelyn Levesque will face Romina Reigns in a pillow on a pole shoot match!!!!!!

But for now, enjoy this commercial break!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like this whole promo caters to smarks way too much.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Like this feels like "Vince found wreddit" levels of cringe. Like, at least pretend it's real on the TV show itself.

And for gods sake don't throw Reigns out for this kind of segment.

Hasney

Like this feels like "Vince found wreddit" levels of cringe. Like, at least pretend it's real on the TV show itself.

That and making a Southpaw character canon probably means he did find Wreddit somehow.

Toki767

Kairi's music sounds like it could be on some JRPG soundtrack.

Also crazy and sad to think that Kairi/Tessa is probably going to be one of the best matches in the entire tournament and it was in the opening round.

Angry Grimace

Like Cena is burying him but it's not enough in character.

Pikma

Banned

Vince wants Reigns to get over and as you can see he's running out of ideas fast. People like Miz, Joe and AJ have gotten over with similar promos so in Vince's very basic mind this should work for Roman too

Wouldn't be surprised if Roman does the job to see if that earns him some sympathy

Angry Grimace

Vince wants Reigns to get over and as you can see he's running out of ideas fast. People like Miz, Joe and AJ have gotten over with similar promos so in Vince's very basic mind this should work for Roman too

Wouldn't be surprised if Roman does the job to see if that earns him some sympathy
Like Cena is killing him here but how does this help anyone other than Cena in the match itself who doesn't need any help?

Cutting that promo and having Cena lose looks even stupider than the opposite. I knew Cena could cut that promo because he's Cena. Duh.

Toki767

Cena probably will win which should get him a title shot against Lesnar probably at Survivor Series.

If Reigns won, there'd be nowhere left for him to go.

Top Bottom