• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

road-dogg-wwe-raw-old-school.jpg

Last year, I left RAW to write for SmackDown Live…and quite frankly, I didn't know if I was gonna come back. And the reason I didn't know if I was gonna come back or not is because from day one that I have been in WWE, I've done nothing, nothing but deal with the bullshit of the politics behind that curtain. The fact of the matter is, I've got a wife, I've got three kids at home, and I really don't need this shit. But let me tell you the reason why I did come back. I came back for everyone of the guys in that locker that week in, week out, bust their ass for WWE.

I came back for the Roman Reignses, I came back for every single guy in 205 Live, I came back for the Club, I came back for Rusev, I came back for the guys behind that curtain that give a shit about this company. And let me tell the WWE Universe who doesn't give a shit about the WWE, that Goddam politician John Cena.

Cause let me tell the WWE Universe what happened out here in this ring tonight. All day long I'm playing politics with John Cena, because John Cena tonight wants to play his creative control card. And to John Cena, that meant that tonight in the middle of this ring, when he knew it was bullshit, he beats Roman Reigns. Well guess what, Cena got his wish, Cena got his win and he went the hell home, and I promise everybody or else I'll go in the Goddam grave, you will never see that piece of shit again!

But I also, I sat out there in the WWE Universe just like you, and I know you paid good money to come here tonight, and nobody is gonna be ripped off here tonight. So John Cena now has the WWE Universal Championship, and John, let's refer to that as the John Cena Memorial Belt, because from here on in, that WWE Universal Championship don't mean shit! Because there will be a new WWE Universal Championship, and as far as I'm concerned, that WWE Universal Championship still belongs to the one guy that busts his ass week in and week out in the middle of this ring. And the WWE Universe can love him and hate him, but he doesn't screw anybody back there and that's Roman Reigns.

Now hold on a minute, Roman Reigns is still the official WWE Universal champion, but he will defend that WWE Universal Championship in this ring tonight. And he will defend that title against the son of a bitch back there who for years has been bustin' his ass in WWE and can't get a Goddam break because of the John Cenas!

And I'm talking about Cesaro! Cesaro and Roman Reigns are the two reasons why I'm in this damn stinkin' business to begin with! So tonight in this ring, for the WWE Universal Championship, two deserving Sports Entertainers, Cesaro and Reigns will compete for the WWE Universe…and tear this Goddam Universe down!

And Cena you big bald son of a bitch, kiss my ass!

Cowardly Cena waited two weeks so he can't get put on that Summerslam screen 🙄
He's was busy laughing through his Corbin match...No one shines when Cena laughs.

Apparently, Samoa Joe was injured in a match with Cena this weekend. You were right...He is Arya crossing off names.

Pikma

Banned

Last year, I left RAW to write for SmackDown Live…and quite frankly, I didn't know if I was gonna come back. And the reason I didn't know if I was gonna come back or not is because from day one that I have been in WWE, I've done nothing, nothing but deal with the bullshit of the politics behind that curtain. The fact of the matter is, I've got a wife, I've got three kids at home, and I really don't need this shit. But let me tell you the reason why I did come back. I came back for everyone of the guys in that locker that week in, week out, bust their ass for WWE.

I came back for the Roman Reignses, I came back for every single guy in 205 Live, I came back for the Club, I came back for Rusev, I came back for the guys behind that curtain that give a shit about this company. And let me tell the WWE Universe who doesn't give a shit about the WWE, that Goddam politician John Cena.

Cause let me tell the WWE Universe what happened out here in this ring tonight. All day long I'm playing politics with John Cena, because John Cena tonight wants to play his creative control card. And to John Cena, that meant that tonight in the middle of this ring, when he knew it was bullshit, he beats Roman Reigns. Well guess what, Cena got his wish, Cena got his win and he went the hell home, and I promise everybody or else I'll go in the Goddam grave, you will never see that piece of shit again!

But I also, I sat out there in the WWE Universe just like you, and I know you paid good money to come here tonight, and nobody is gonna be ripped off here tonight. So John Cena now has the WWE Universal Championship, and John, let's refer to that as the John Cena Memorial Belt, because from here on in, that WWE Universal Championship don't mean shit! Because there will be a new WWE Universal Championship, and as far as I'm concerned, that WWE Universal Championship still belongs to the one guy that busts his ass week in and week out in the middle of this ring. And the WWE Universe can love him and hate him, but he doesn't screw anybody back there and that's Roman Reigns.

Now hold on a minute, Roman Reigns is still the official WWE Universal champion, but he will defend that WWE Universal Championship in this ring tonight. And he will defend that title against the son of a bitch back there who for years has been bustin' his ass in WWE and can't get a Goddam break because of the John Cenas!

And I'm talking about Cesaro! Cesaro and Roman Reigns are the two reasons why I'm in this damn stinkin' business to begin with! So tonight in this ring, for the WWE Universal Championship, two deserving Sports Entertainers, Cesaro and Reigns will compete for the WWE Universe…and tear this Goddam Universe down!

This just in:

Mark Anth0ny @MarkAnth0nyradio 1m

The buzz of the WWE is that @RoadDogg was legit shooting about everything he said to @JohnCena tonight 👀

Is every Cena feud from now on going to be a work shoot?

I can't wait for Taker to come back for a Cena feud and Cena's gonna shoot on his old ass barely being able to make it to the ring anymore.

Also fucking hell at Alexa winning the title again. She's been in the title scene for a full fucking year already.

Because she's one of two (maybe 3) who can actually cut a decent promo.
She needs to be taken out for a chunk and kept away from the belt. I'm getting tired of seeing her constantly because it's always just the same thing which is the babyface never winning. Naomi is like the one person to succeed against Alexa.

dream

Thanks to my good friend FallingEdge, I've now seen the entire video of the promo that has wrestlinggaf aflutter. I don't like it at all. It's way too inside. This is what I call the Russo Dilemma. You can't have guys "shoot" at each other, then settle it in a fake wrestling match. This is the very dilemma that leads to booking an angle where Bill Goldberg refuses to go up for the powerbomb finish.

This dream gimmick guy is trying too hard yet again

If you call that "trying too hard", I'm curious how you'd classify this?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just remember jred exposing them dudes on irc talking about dream saying 'hey stro set me up to talk about blah blah blah'

I guess.

WWE production has taught me to believe that turning off the lights during a show means there aren't a ton of people in the crowd.

That's because WWE production is idiotic.

You should never treat anything main roster WWE does as any sort of indication of how an actual sports or entertainment product should be presented or directed.

Maybe instead of blaming the talent for "getting worse" you should stop for a second and ask yourself

Who the fuck writes these shitty scripted promos?

Oh that doesn't help but even with bad writing you should see flashes of promo skill... I don't see that in Bayley and Sasha's flashes are getting dimmer and dimmer.

Like the This is Your Life segment would have been a hundred times worse if it was Bayley or Sasha doing it instead of Bliss

dream

This dream gimmick guy is trying too hard yet again

Well, professional wrestling seems to mean a lot to you, given that you have the second most posts in this very young thread. What did you think of the promo, and where can they go from here?

Thought Cena and Roman did a great job in that segment. The important thing for the audience to be left with after an exchange like that is a sense of animosity between the two guys and so to that end, I think it was successful.

I don't hate Reigns but it will never not be apparent to me that the guy behind the character is too much of a sensitive soul who lacks a killer edge to portray his character. I think when people juxtapose his performance against Cena's, I suspect the discernable difference is Cena is who he is while Roman isn't. He still has these puppy eyes that give him away. No intimidation from a big dawg or from someone who retired the mythical Undertaker.

Oh that doesn't help but even with bad writing you should see flashes of promo skill... I don't see that in Bayley and Sasha's flashes are getting dimmer and dimmer

If Bayley didn't have good promo ability then she would have never been able to cut good promos.

I saw Bayley cut good promos in NXT. Therefore, it's logical to assume the writing is failing both her and Sasha.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh that doesn't help but even with bad writing you should see flashes of promo skill... I don't see that in Bayley and Sasha's flashes are getting dimmer and dimmer.

Like the This is Your Life segment would have been a hundred times worse if it was Bayley or Sasha doing it instead of Bliss

I hate to tell you this b ut those flashes are going to get dimmer when they turn Alexa face

If Bayley didn't have good promo ability then she would have never been able to cut good promos.

I saw Bayley cut good promos in NXT. Therefore, it's logical to assume the writing is failing both her and Sasha.

It's also possible that they've regressed or that NXT insulated them a bit. Everyone gets bad writing on the main roster . I'm not saying that's not a huge part of it but Bayley hasn't even come close to cutting a good promo on the main roster and Sasha hasn't since feuding with Charlotte and even then it was mostly Charlotte who was carrying the talking portion. They do have to share some responsibility.

Also all that is moot anyway because I'm still right that Bliss is one of the only ones cutting a decent promo (regardless of why) on the main roster right now and that's why she is where she is. She can, mostly, make the bad writing work and that's why she's getting pushed. Also she's getting better and better in the ring too.

I hate to tell you this b ut those flashes are going to get dimmer when they turn Alexa face

Maybe. Maybe not.

Top Bottom