• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Congrats NXT
women's division
, you can finally be competitive again

I worry how Asuka will be used on the main roster. They managed to fuck Bayley up to such an extent it is unbelievable. She'll porbably do the job to Tamina or Nia or some other mediocre worker so Vince can try and convince everyone main roster workers are better than NXT workers. Like when Lesnar came back.

There's no doubt in my mind
she loses by Mania time at the latest, regardless of when she's healthy and called up. Longest unbeaten streak on the main roster in a while one-on-one was Nia,
who was 5 months. Even Joe didn't last that long

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Based on the NXT spoilers. Imagine
Asuka vs Sasha

raw

imagine Vince's Raw
Asuka vs Sasha
. Because that's what you will get.

Asuka with 50/50...oh boy.

Hex

Banned
I feel like she should have done the JOB to the MYC winner.
This is a real spoiler Pikma, not a shit post.
For actuals.

That is adorable. YOu believe that the MYC winner will get any better situation than the cruiserweight winner did.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Feels like they are definitely gonna go the "winner of the MYC gets the belt" route.

that actually makes a ton of sense, much like the CWC.

Hopefully they only announce it right before the final match too.

That is adorable. YOu believe that the MYC winner will get any better situation than the cruiserweight winner did.
At least in this case the winner will be someone they want from the start, unlike how they basically got stuck with TJP after neither Ibushi or ZSJ signed.

Sephzilla

They should let Asuka
take the belt to the main roster. Be all like "nobody could take my belt down there so I took it here to see if any of the former champs could do it"

Rhaknar

so was that stuff about
Ricochet
going to WWE true or not?

Hex

Banned
lol of course they will.

The MYC winner most likely won't go to the main roster.

That is definitely a plus, because I think WWE are choking on main roster talent.
But thinking that someone will come in out of the tourney and end the streak....I know many people had fantasies of a certain pirate doing it but I just think that would be rather a slap to Ember Moon and the rest of the roster who have been wokring NXT shows week in and out

Kinda explains why the Sasha/Alexa match was weaker than it should have been.

Yeah. If the plan the whole week was "Asuka is gonna be in there and win", but then that day they were told "okay never mind Asuka is hurt and Sasha is winning", that no doubt three them off. Also feeds into what I speculated Sunday, that the reason they had Sasha win was so they could artificially prolong the Sasha/Alexa feud while Asuka healed. I expect Alexa to win at No Mercy and Asuka to debut shortly after.

That is definitely a plus, because I think WWE are choking on main roster talent.
But thinking that someone will come in out of the tourney and end the streak....I know many people had fantasies of a certain pirate doing it but I just think that would be rather a slap to Ember Moon and the rest of the roster who have been wokring NXT shows week in and out

Oh I definitely agree with that. But the MYC winner will absolutely be in a better situation coming out of the tourney than any of the CWs were when they got shipped to Raw post-CWC.

Hex

Banned
Yeah. If the plan the whole week was "Asuka is gonna be in there and win", but then that day they were told "okay never mind Asuka is hurt and Sasha is winning", that no doubt three them off. Also feeds into what I speculated Sunday, that the reason they had Sasha win was so they could artificially prolong the Sasha/Alexa feud while Asuka healed. I expect Alexa to win at No Mercy and Asuka to debut shortly after.

That ending was so weird to me.
Could be just me but it looked like Bliss was cruising then remembered at the last minute that she was supposed to lose and it ended fast

Draxal

Yeah, that injury ruined the potential of two great matches

I thought the ending was so abrupt and once I found the collarbone was broken it explained everything.

so was that stuff about
Ricochet
going to WWE true or not?

It's true. He wants to go. They want him. But he can't go until six months after his last LU episode airs. So he won't be there until mid to late 2018 at the earliest.

Maybe they will do a 8 women tournament with the winner getting the title at the Nov takeover?

They could. But it'd be weird to do two tournaments in such close proximity that are so similar.

Alexa winning at No Mercy then the next night saying she's sick of Sasha and is offering a title shot to anyone else resulting in Asuka's debut and a quick title win would be dope.

Alexa winning at No Mercy then the next night saying she's sick of Sasha and is offering a title shot to anyone else resulting in Asuka's debut and a quick title win would be dope.

Probably depends on how fast Asuka heals. Her recovery was 6-8 weeks. No Mercy is 5 weeks away. So in order for her to debut the following night, she'd have to heal quicker than expected. Maybe you have Alexa win, clear up Sasha's rematch the following night, then the week after do the call-out and Asuka win.

Draxal

tbh, i would love the MYC winner getting the championship if it gives Ember, Nikki, Ruby, Peyton something to rage at Regal for.

Draxal

NXT taping spoiler thoughts

Team ROH is going to need some reinforcements, I know they want to make Cole look strong, but taking on the whole roster without a big bruiser like Braun seems kinda silly

For anyone who doesn't want to know spoilers, just know that we should all be very excited for the upcoming run of NXT. Very exciting things are happening.

peaceland

Banned
NXT taping spoiler thoughts

Team ROH is going to need some reinforcements, I know they want to make Cole look strong, but taking on the whole roster without a big bruiser like Braun seems kinda silly
Didn't they sign Dijak, he's pretty tall.

Here's an alternate idea for the NXT women's title. It's vacant. It's on the line at Takeover Houston (Survivor Series weekend). MYC Winner gets one spot. The other goes to a winner of a multi-week tournament on NXT featuring the non-MYC women.

If only those comments Rush made about Almas making his own LI group in NXT came to fruition as well eh.

There's still time.

Hex

Banned
I keep hearing about Lucha Underground is declining in the terms of quality.

By this time in the season people were tired.
Ricochet was already hating his situation, and Pentagon had his fallout with AAA.
They did an ok match but essentially played it safe knowing that they had more to do

Toki767

Since Asuka is in negotiations with both Raw and Smackdown, they should just let her pull the free agent card and just have her unify the belts.

Anth0ny

Davide Meletzer with the hot scoops:

According to reliable backstage sources, WWE honcho Vince McMahon is “absolutely livid” over the fact that more Americans watched Monday’s total eclipse of the sun than the same day’s episode of Monday Night Raw.

Vince McMahon reportedly “threw his own feces in a fit of rage” when he found out that Raw’s ratings had been eclipsed by the celestial dance of the sun and the moon.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How is Mundo allowed to be on impact?

My guess, his contract is specific about what promotions he can't appear on as opposed to just saying shows with TV, and it probably had TNA impact listed, but now that it's GFW he's free and clear thanks to a technicality.

That's just a guess though.

The men have two other belts per brand. The women need the belt per 5-6 women.

Difference is that the men have 12-15 guys eligible to compete for each belt, so you can constantly have fresh feuds. The women don't share that luxury. Unless the bring up a ton of women at once, there's only so many feuds they can do for each women's title.

somedevil

Here's an alternate idea for the NXT women's title. It's vacant. It's on the line at Takeover Houston (Survivor Series weekend). MYC Winner gets one spot. The other goes to a winner of a multi-week tournament on NXT featuring the non-MYC women.

There's still time.

They only have 6 women who are featured on NXT. So if they do a 8 women they can use those 6, one spot for the myc winner and the final spot could go to Mandy who is the only women not on either show.

Top Bottom