• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Cagey

Banned
I finished HZD and there's only one interesting character in that whole game otherwise its just a pretty Far Cry clone and really has no business calling itself a RPG
I went for Platinum out of self hatred. Gameplay got repetitive real fucking fast.

I enjoyed the back story reveal but had no interest in anything that happened or anyone who lived in the present day.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I went for Platinum out of self hatred. Gameplay got repetitive real fucking fast.

I enjoyed the back story reveal but had no interest in anything that happened or anyone who lived in the present day.

You pretty much fight the exact same way in all encounters from the halfway point onwards.

I got purple gear by the time I was in Meridian and so I never got any new armors or weapons only % upgrades. the lame skill trees were mostly QOL stuff and % boosts.

very disappointing and repetitive.

Cagey

Banned
You pretty much fight the exact same way in all encounters from the halfway point onwards.

I got purple gear by the time I was in Meridian and so I never got any new armors or weapons only % upgrades. the lame skill trees were mostly QOL stuff and % boosts.

Same re: Meridian. I didn't have the remove upgrades slot until higher levels and didn't know the skill applied retroactively so I didn't even use upgrades for 3/4s of the game and it was still bleh. Felt like activating a cheat code when I finally bothered to use them.

Pikma

Banned
Lmao apparently the IWGP IC belt currently held by Tana is a cheap bootleg, they tried repairing the old one but they made it worst and they don't own the rights for the design so instead of asking for permission and looking for a belt maker, which admittedly would have taken a lot of time, they just bought one from a Pakistani eBay seller

miserable

Lmao apparently the IWGP IC belt currently held by Tana is a cheap bootleg, they tried repairing the old one but they made it worst and they don't own the rights for the design so instead of asking for permission and looking for a belt maker, which admittedly would have taken a lot of time, they just bought one from a Pakistani eBay seller

I knew it was a cheap replica, I just assumed it was one made by them.

It's even funnier when you think that they destroyed the belt just to get some heat on Naito which he didn't need. Gotta have that HEAT brother!

It's even funnier when you think that they destroyed the belt just to get some heat on Naito which he didn't need. Gotta have that HEAT brother!

Yeah but it was a completely awesome angle and the new ways in which Naito would trash the belt were always entertaining.

The world has no life and wasn't even interesting. Every village was the same. No backstory where the residents came from...anything. it's just a copy/paste job of a town that you visited moments ago just to find a collectibles or check a useless quest off a list.

Man, I really disliked the game. Half way through, I skipped cutscenes which I never do in games. I never got around to learning about the backstory and lore.

That said, I'm about to boot it up this weekend to see it in 4K/HDR for the first time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Same re: Meridian. I didn't have the remove upgrades slot until higher levels and didn't know the skill applied retroactively so I didn't even use upgrades for 3/4s of the game and it was still bleh. Felt like activating a cheat code when I finally bothered to use them.

I also like the way that Aloy is a 19 year old who has lived in one city for her whole life but seems to know everything

Pikma

Banned

What's even funnier to me is the thought of letting Naito destroy it and not having a new belt ready or at least in the makings, instead they let Tana try to repair it himself which ended up ruining the belt even more lmao

It's been fun....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DICm5vPXUAAvH5r.jpg:large

In all honesty, if it was true that they were going to
have her win the title night one, they obviously think very highly of her so she'll probably do well for a while. The problem is what happens once Vince gets bored of her.

Just make sure that Vince and Kevin Dunn have seen Kana/Asuka's gravure tapes. That will keep her push alive.

I'm only half serious about the effectiveness of this idea.

Jamie OD

I wonder what she will be like now that she will be in a place where everything won't always go her way. Nobody could have ever dreamed of a better two year period in the company. I am going to get so mad at everyone if bad booking on the main roster kills her.

I wonder what she will be like now that she will be in a place where everything won't always go her way. Nobody could have ever dreamed of a better two year period in the company. I am going to get so mad at everyone if bad booking on the main roster kills her.
She'll be turned into another body on the roster by this time next year.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It's definitely the right time to call Asuka up, it's just a shame she's being called up into the shitshow that is RAW/Smackdown.

Well at least it will be fascinating to watch how badly Vince fucks this up, like watching a car crash in slow motion.

miserable

Owen Hart can't say anything, he's dead

Pikma

Banned
A new idea for New Day, and this may explain their quickie title win and loss this past week, is to not only make them the longest reigning tag team champions in WWE history, which they are, but to establish them as the so-called greatest tag team of all-time down the line by holding the titles more times than any team in history. Right now they have three title reigns. The record would be the Hardys and Edge & Christian, who each have seven title reigns..

Get ready for some hot potatoing

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's definitely the right time to call Asuka up, it's just a shame she's being called up into the shitshow that is RAW/Smackdown.

Well at least it will be fascinating to watch how badly Vince fucks this up, like watching a car crash in slow motion.
There's no way she ends up on SD.

Raw has no women who are legitimately over and the ones they have are treated like jokes. Becky and Charlotte are way more over than anyone on Raw already.

Toki767

This Death Note movie.

It was not good.

At least it was somewhat more entertaining than SummerSlam. For all the wrong reasons.

Cosmozone

OH SHIT about that Asuka news. They really did it. Meltzer isn't very happy I guess. But that was probably the story from the beginning. To think the injury prevented an appearance at SS or the show after :(.

Nia Jax or Nikki Bella being the one who breaks Asuka's undefeated streak?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nia Jax isn't being even sort of pushed beyond squashing people at Emma, Dana or Alicia level so I don't get why people keep pretending she's going to get a Vince rocket to break Asuka's streak or something.

They've pretty obviously already given up on her. It's like arguing Rusev is going to beat Roman clean.

Pikma

Banned
If only there was a seriously opposing promotion she could jump ship to instead of dying a slow death jobbing to Nia Jax or Lana on a random go home Raw.

Too bad it's either that or TNA for women who want to make a living off wrestling

Heroman

Banned
Nia Jax isn't being even sort of pushed beyond squashing people at Emma, Dana or Alicia level so I don't get why people keep pretending she's going to get a Vince rocket to break Asuka's streak or something.

They've pretty obviously already given up on her. It's like arguing Rusev is going to beat Roman clean.
If they given up on her she wouldn't be sqaushing people and being kept looking strong. It been clear that they have very big plans for for a while.

Angry Grimace

If they given up on her she wouldn't be sqaushing people and being kept looking strong. It been clear that they have very big plans for for a while.
No it isn't at all. The Rusev comparison is instructive because she is at Rusev level right now. She is there to be someone who loses to make the credible people look better but still gets to beat up the joke wrestlers to make beating her look more important than beating up Emma or Alicia.

She isn't even getting clean wins over Bayley much less Sasha or Alexa.

Heroman

Banned
No it isn't at all. She's at Rusev level right now. She is there to be someone who loses to make the credible people look better but still gets to beat up the joke wrestlers to make beating her look more important than beating up Emma or Alicia.
Rusev level? Rusev haven't won a match in like months.She has been strong every week on raw and tons of dirt sheets have mention how they have super high hopes for her. She is booked better then almost everybody on the roster and only loses once in a blue moon.

Angry Grimace

Rusev level? Rusev haven't won a match in like months.She has been strong every week on raw and tons of dirt sheets have mention how they have super high hopes for her. She is booked better then almost everybody on the roster and only loses once in a blue moon.
She lost to Bayley and then lost to Sasha clean in the last like 4 weeks and there is no dirtsheet that says that.

You are dramatically overestimating how much it matters getting wins over Dana Brooke.

Browny

Banned
Asuka will be fine
for at least two weeks, perhaps three

In other news - it's Friday!!!

giphy.gif

Bank holiday weekend, followed by a week away from the shit hole that is work. Looking forward to doing housework and gardening during the day, followed by cherry-picking out some G1 matches at night, and perhaps even playing a computer game or two.

Heroman

Banned
She lost to Bayley and then lost to Sasha clean in the last like 4 weeks and there is no dirtsheet that says that.

You are dramatically overestimating how much it matters getting wins over Dana Brooke.
Dave mention all the time they have high hopes for her. And if they weren't behind her see wouldn't be sqaushing anyone let alone losing to Dana Brook.

Angry Grimace

Dave mention all the time they have high hopes for her. And if they weren't behind her see wouldn't be sqaushing anyone let alone losing to Dana Brook.
Dave does not mention all the time they have high hopes for her, certainly not recently. Tell me when he said that; I have access to WON and can verify.

Pikma

Banned
You guys are too worried arguing about how soon will she get buried when you haven't even thought about what buzzword will Vince give her as a nickname, I can assure you Empress of Tomorrow will seem way too complicated for such a simple and stupid mind like his so he'll want to replace that.

Angry Grimace

You guys are to worried arguing about how soon will she get buried when you haven't even thought about what buzzword will Vince give her as a nickname, I can assure you Empress of Tomorrow will seem way too complicated for such a simple and stupid mind.
The Empress Asuka and she will randomly gain a last name since Vince hates last names if they came in with one and hates only having one name if they came in with only one.

Cosmozone

[Asuka] She'll be turned into another body on the roster by this time next year.
But at least a very entertaining body.
Honestly even if she's booked like shit, it won't diminish the fact that she made it in the US and was a spearhead for Japanese women's wrestlers. She will get a match at WM. Even if it's multi-women, that's an overwhelming success for someone who used to wrestle in front of some hundred people. And she wasn't related to someone important or was lucky to be chosen in a model contest or something. Her own work and talent got her where she's now.

And as far as "This is your life" goes:
Asuka: "Kawaii dessho?" *drops mic*
Granted, it's also her responsibility to try to stay over. Will be hard because the WWE audience is more into memes than wrestling. Not to forget that a certain (hopefully small) part of the viewership is undoubtedly sexist and/or racist. Oh well, Tozawa and even Nakamura are doing more or less OK right now, so she should be fine until WM at the very least.

Top Bottom