• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Heroman

Banned
I just going to say that no one I know is buying the fight however they will all watch at home. I will follow their example if you catch my drift.

If McGregor doesn't get upset after a few rounds and shoots a carnival kick into Mayweather's head I think a lot of people will be bored and upset.

Hasney

Who's the road agent on this McGregor/Mayweather clusterfuck? Are they capable of putting together a good sequence or so?

Are there even any other fights on this Mac/May card? If not... holy shit 😂

Yeah there's a few undercard fights. Looking forward to Gervonta Davis decapitating someone

ImmaterialPortlyCaiman.gif

Sephzilla

If McGregor doesn't get upset after a few rounds and shoots a carnival kick into Mayweather's head I think a lot of people will be bored and upset.

Conor's contract basically states if he breaks any rules or tries some MMA shit he gets a near career killing penalty against him. So that isn't happening.

I'm not trying to sound hyperbolic but if Conor manages to go the distance against Floyd, or by some miracle manages to knock him down or even win, boxing gets pretty fucking badly damaged because of it.

Conor's contract basically states if he breaks any rules or tries some MMA shit he gets a near career killing penalty against him. So that isn't happening.

I'm not trying to sound hyperbolic but if Conor manages to go the distance against Floyd, or by some miracle manages to knock him down or even win, boxing gets pretty fucking badly damaged because of it.

I know, but I still think people will be bored and disappointed.

And you are right if McGregor manages to actually hold his own.

I'm really tempted to put money on Mayweather because there are a TON of people that believe that Conor can land that shot.

Then again, this whole fight is a damn carnival and I just don't trust doing that.

Foggy

I'm curious about impressions for the Death Note movie because I like Adam Wingard, but I wouldn't touch animeGAF's opinions with a 10ft pole.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Thats not hyperbole. If Conor can beat one of the beat of all time at a sport he doesn't even compete in, holy shit.

Sephzilla

The Vegas odds are so amazingly in favor of Mayweather that putting a bet down on him is basically a waste because if he wins you'll make like 7 bucks. On the flipside apparently a few Vegas booking agencies are worried that the odds are so in Mayweather's favor that if Conor actually wins they'll going to lose an assload of money

Beefy

American PPV prices are fucked up. How much do you guys pay if you want to watch a one off WWE PPV and not sign up to the network?

Egg0

Banned
McGregor would probably lose a lot of, if not all of his fight purse if he lost via DQ.

He'd probably lay down after getting a light tap before he starts throwing kicks.

I'm curious about impressions for the Death Note movie because I like Adam Wingard, but I wouldn't touch animeGAF's opinions with a 10ft pole.

If you can accept it for what it is (a westernized version of Death Note crammed into a 100 minute run time). It's a lot of fun. It's not great, but it's fine.

Menome

All that happens if Conor wins is that we'll get The Rematch(TM), to "prove it was a fluke".

If Conor wins that, then I'll just laugh madly into the end credits like Sam Neill at the conclusion of In The Mouth Of Madness.

EDIT: I'm not watching it, but I am putting a fiver on Conor. That'll pay for a new SSD if he wins.

Anth0ny

This is one of the biggest fights in combat sports history. At worst it's probably the third biggest PPV of all time. I don't see how WWE Network subscribers can judge someone for being excited for this fight.

The build has been incredible. And Conor is winning.

The Vegas odds are so amazingly in favor of Mayweather that putting a bet down on him is basically a waste because if he wins you'll make like 7 bucks. On the flipside apparently a few Vegas booking agencies are worried that the odds are so in Mayweather's favor that if Conor actually wins they'll going to lose an assload of money

Yeah meltzer said it would be the biggest disaster in the history of the gambling industry if Conor knocks out mayweather lol

Sephzilla

If Conor would get DQ'd he'd lose pretty much all of his fight money, likely get sued by Mayweather, and lose his Nevada fight license (which would screw up his UFC career as well). Conor isn't going to do anything stupid and try to shoot on Mayweather

Yeah meltzer said it would be the biggest disaster in the history of the gambling industry if Conor knocks out mayweather lol

Fuck it, I want Conor to win

tumblr_no9d35J0qA1rv5j9yo1_500.gif

Hasney

If Conor would get DQ'd he'd lose pretty much all of his fight money, likely get sued by Mayweather, and lose his Nevada fight license (which would screw up his UFC career as well). Conor isn't going to do anything stupid and try to shoot on Mayweather

Great, so they took all the possible entertainment out of it. Hope someone brought a beach ball.

I'm not trying to sound hyperbolic but if Conor manages to go the distance against Floyd

lol yall still don't know how Floy works even after the Pacquiao farce for the same price

If he sees the chance to embarrass someone for 12 full rounds, he'll take it. 49 wins, only 26 KOs for a reason. He's under no obligation to finish this early if he doesn't feel like it

I don't care how boring the later rounds are. That first round is going to be fucking electric. Plus, the hype during entrances and intros pretty much justifies the price for me.

Sephzilla

lol yall still don't know how Floy works even after the Pacquiao farce for the same price

If he sees the chance to embarrass someone for 12 full rounds, he'll take it. 49 wins, only 26 KOs for a reason. He's under no obligation to finish this early if he doesn't feel like it

An amateur boxer in his first professional fight shouldn't go 12 full rounds against one of the best boxers in history, even if Floyd isn't a KO style boxer.

The most likely scenario is that Mayweather's accuracy plus Conor getting gassed in the later rounds is going to cause a referee stoppage since Conor wont be able to defend himself, giving Mayweather a TKO

Hasney

I don't care how boring the later rounds are. That first round is going to be fucking electric. Plus, the hype during entrances and intros pretty much justifies the price for me.

WWE 2k18 Digital Deluxe edition will have over 150 different entrances and that's before even creating your own! It's, like $60 cheaper too.

This is why I think people will be bored without carny shenanigans.

It happens every time Mayweather has a match. Everyone is bored and disappointed.

Top Bottom