• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Hex

Banned
I have been watching the AAA stream on Twitch, I tapped out about half way through last night and it figures I come back at the same place I started yesterday

Anth0ny

0uiCrkx.gif

random smackdown episode being aired on the network and no fucking joke, a booker t vs big show match ends up with teddy long announcing a goddamn tag team match

I played that shit when it released, and I couldn't be more excited about the remake. Bunch of HD marks coming out the woodwork.
I've never played, I've wanted to for a while though. May as well wait for that release

People in that thread are posting comparison shots like they're proving something when really it looks like they just took the sprites and made it 3D (while styling it closer to the game art). Looks like a pop up book

If you want to know what would happen if they tried to turn Bayley heel, and how badly it would bomb, just look at what Taylor Swift is currently trying to do.

If you want to know what would happen if they tried to turn Bayley heel, and how badly it would bomb, just look at what Taylor Swift is currently trying to do.

Take that, Thomas!

I'm letting yall say what you want

Because at the end of the day, this song, and at least 4 others from the album, are going to be blaring on the radio at least on the way to work, if not at work depending on where you work, for the next 15 months without anything pushing it off the charts. And there's nothing you can do to stop, delay, or escape it :)

Because at the end of the day, this song, and at least 4 others from the album, are going to be blaring on the radio at least on the way to work, if not at work depending on where you work, for the next 15 months without anything pushing it off the charts. And there's nothing you can do to stop, delay, or escape it :)
There's a lot of bad music on the radio though

I don't even think the song is horrendous but I don't understand why these pop people feel the need to "reinvent themselves" into sounds that don't fit them.

Out of all of the current famous people who also sing I've generally considered Swift to be the only one people will actually remember like a Madonna or something but the new song is hella drab. Don't get how the catchy bright singalong girl turned to 90s techno but good luck with that

The "drama" that's apparently behind it is almost as whack as the pre-chorus

I don't even think the song is horrendous but I don't understand why these pop people feel the need to "reinvent themselves" into sounds that don't fit them.

Sometimes it's because they see what people are listening to more of, like the rise of EDM

Most times it's because that's what the artist feels like doing or adapting to because they love that sound (either now, or have always wanted to experiment with it for at least an album). Like Paramore with After Laughter for example. Some young artists do it, some old artists do it.

The best thing that can be equated to is: as a fan, have you listened to only the same band or same one genre your whole life? It's natural to want to expand or evolve what you try, hear, see, do, or even play at some point (like basketball or football players transitioning to baseball).

Look man, I thought 1989 was fantastic. But this new stuff and persona she's going for just is not working at all. Hopefully this is just one shitty song and the rest of it is great, but right now her whole turn and personality change is a failure from a quality standpoint.

As for what's popular, who cares. You know what else was popular? Rebecca Black. Ain't nobody out here claiming she's quality.

Heroman

Banned

Who listens to a radio
In

Top Bottom