• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Twitter? I got spoiled about GoT on youtube, just a "recomended" video with a big ol spoiler right in the thumbnail / description

This is kinda why my advice to people who want to avoid Star Wars spoilers in December until they've seen the film is literally "don't use the Internet in December"

Beefy

This is kinda why my advice to people who want to avoid Star Wars spoilers in December until they've seen the film is literally "don't use the Internet in December"

My cousin makes a lot of the models for Star Wars, helped make the Falcon for this year and a few other sets etc. This is the first year he was given a NDA.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kairi's Adorable Pirate accessories > Toni Storm's terrible hat

I'm starting the MYC now. KLR better go far.
I know I know. :(

Edit: Who all has been signed from the tournament so far?

These are (AFAIK) the only 100% confirmed names who are signed:

Kairi Sane, Dakota Kai, Xia Li, Zeda, Lacey Evans, Rhea Ripley, Bianca Belair, Sarah Logan, Abbey Laith, Kavita Devi, Miranda Salinas

Names that are not confirmed but I'm fairly certain are signed or are going to sign based on a number of things:

Shayna Baszler, Toni Storm, Jazzy Gabert, KLR, and maybe Piper Niven if she doesn't want to stay in Stardom.

Taynara being a tiny, angry, judo badass works pretty well.

I hope Savoy gets a better second round match as she's way better than that.

Agreed on both fronts. Queen of Suplexes didn't get to do any. lol

That slow mo elbow drop tho.

Tessa did really well in the match too. It was one of the best performances I've seen from her.

Agreed.

Rhea Ripley seems like someone with serious potential. Couple years of NXT development and you have could have someone that's an immediate star on the main roster.

100% agree. She's got IT.

Beefy

Do you know who Rey's father is?

Nope. Before it hit he told me all about Kylo Ren though. Who's son he was, the saber he would have and who he would kill. He didn't know he was going to be called Kylo though as he was going by the name Janus ( a two head god who is a betrayer) on set. Not seen him in a month. So I will talk to him soon.

May not be able to tell me much though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This commentary is abysmal. I like the darkened arena tho like they do in Takeovers

The second round has a ton of matches I'm looking forward to. Lots of interesting matchups.

Guys, spoilers aren't that big of the deal, there is no reason to avoid stuff cause of them

Eh, different people have different sensibilities to how much spoilers matter to them. As long as it's nothing crazy, it's a completely reasonable response.

This commentary is abysmal. I like the darkened arena tho like they do in Takeovers

Kevin Dunn would never do a darkened arena, because then you can't see the reaction shots of the plants.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The fact that Kairi is basically getting "mai waifu" as her gimmick makes me laugh. I'm glad they're at least positioning her as something other than "ultimate badass" like Asuka.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Round 1 spoiler

Why the fuck would you
job KLR
in the first round? O_O

The fact that Kairi is basically getting "mai waifu" as her gimmick makes me laugh. I'm glad they're at least positioning her as something other than "ultimate badass" like Asuka.

To be fair, her personality and the way her charisma shows in the ring is completely in alignment with that being her gimmick. She comes off as like the most pure-hearted person ever in her interviews. lol

Round 1 spoiler

Why the fuck would you
job KLR
in the first round? O_O

Yeah, I really don't get that. They pushed her super hard coming into the tournament too. I have to think it's just that she couldn't be around for the second night. Like even on commentary they put her over a hundred times more than Princesa.

Tall4Life

Ok, I'll just spoiler tag my thoughts from all of round one

Missed most of the matches from the first episode, some friends were watching and I came in late.

Mercedes vs Xia was ok. Nothing really of note. Rachel vs Marti was fucking dreadful. Rhea vs Miranda was pretty good, I like the potential of Rhea. Needs a better finisher though, full nelson slam is awful. Just give her the Helluva. Mia vs Sarah was probably one of my favorite matches so far, great match.

Toni vs Ayesha was ok, would've liked to see Toni's finisher/more moves from her, ending with a rollup is lame. Dakota vs Kavita was pretty good, Evie is a dope wrestler. Love her style. Bianca vs Sage was meh, nice spear to finish though. Piper vs Santana was pretty good, just wished Santana won. Really good showing from her

Candice vs Renee was meh, not a fan of Candice's offense against women. Lacey vs Taynara was pretty good, great finisher for Lacey. Reina vs Savoy was ok, nothing of note. Kairi vs Tessa was real good, great match for both.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Given the crowd reaction they fucked up eliminating Jazzy in round 1.

At least we got a surprise LARIATO from JR lol.

Rhaknar

Vanessa Borne seems terrible. I like these white ropes. I take it this whole thing is another Hunter joint?

MYC ep 1 spoiler
Jazzy getting eliminated is bullshit friends

Oof, yeah the MYC commentary is rough

JR is basically the real life version of the Cole in Yukes games.
I've already heard "modified spinebuster" and "fallaway slam" for a Samoan drop.
And in general its stilted stuff.

On this note ep2 has a match that looks like it fell out of a more modern yukes wrasslin' game, even ends with a "special" ability from one of the SD vs Raw games.

AColdDay

Anyone else really surprised that Rachael Ellering hasn't been signed? I've heard she is really good, and she seems like she would have the connections to get in.

Given the news about them re-doing a majority of the commentary in post, that makes me feel even more like they are gonna sign KLR. She was the center of attention in that match even though she lost.

Vanessa Borne seems terrible. I like these white ropes. I take it this whole thing is another Hunter joint?

100%. He mentioned in his conference call two weeks ago that he had to ask Vince to do this multiple times over before he finally got the OK.

Cubsfan regarding Triplemania being good for once and only Sexy Star being terrible being talked about

@luchablog
next year, I'm just going to run a pool where everyone can bet on what dumb thing occurs that overshadows the entire show

ed:
@TheRealXPac
After being bullied & getting the shit beat out of her by the other ladies when she started wrestling, I thought Sexy Star would know better

Angry Grimace

How did I not know Candace LaRae and Johnny Gargano were married?

I mean, you have to follow wrestling awfully closely to know that WWE Developmental star Johnny Gargano is married to independent wrestler Candace LaRae. It's like the same reason you don't know that Aleister Black is an item with some other random independent wrestler whose name I forget and Finn Balor is an item with the random WWE girl whose name I forget who does the YouTube clip shows.

Jazzy not winning is a combination of two things.

Abbey Laith is one of their recent signings that they wanted to give a boost to. And they probably didn't have a contract agreement with Jazzy at the time.

Anyone else really surprised that Rachael Ellering hasn't been signed? I've heard she is really good, and she seems like she would have the connections to get in.

Yeah, it's surprising to me. Even more so is that she was a late call and wasn't even supposed to win. Belle being so awful in the match made them change the finish midway through.

I think she will get signed sooner or later though.

Tall4Life

Meh I thought she was pretty awful

Then again they have worse wrestlers, she needs to be trained, so idk

Draxal

For some inexplicable reason, strobogo decided to subject himself to that godawful Triplemania show from this past weekend.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/...tpourri-reviews/2017/8/28/aaa-triplemania-xxv

You can actually feel his pain in this review.

Oh man, that aerostar thing was on point. you have 12 guys wrestling, and you're just taping the guy on the lighting rig clapping for the entire match.

Then everybody and their dog runs in.

Filming this in Full Sail was a mistake. Fuck that crowd.

Tbh, after Brooklyn I think everycrowd is shit, smarks are a mistake.

For some inexplicable reason, strobogo decided to subject himself to that godawful Triplemania show from this past weekend.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/...tpourri-reviews/2017/8/28/aaa-triplemania-xxv

You can actually feel his pain in this review.

This is a MESS. Every spot is fucked up. It's amazing. Hamada keeps stiffing Sexy Star, who gets more and more pissed and stops selling, after spending half the match on the floor talking to fans because she was mad. Then she puts Rosemary in a REAL armbar and really, intentionally injured Rosemary because she was mad at someone else. Title retained. She put the hold back on for real after the match was over and injured her co-worker. The heck? What a shithead.

Hamada+hits+Sexy+Star+with+chair.gif

Is that real or fake?

Top Bottom