• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Hasney

WWE isn't a PPV business anymore, it's all the same shit. TV is what butters their bread.

If that's the case, then maybe do something interesting to make this match via TV rather than blow your load on social media with some fuckwit just telling you it's happening?

Bronx-Man

Banned
White dude who claimed a Black guy stabbed him because of his haircut admits that he lied and stabbed himself https://t.co/Wq3HOSiky6 https://t.co/Fucjw0cm0H

Why?

giphy.gif

Pikma

Banned
So what exactly is the difference between a C- PPV and an A+ PPV these days?

It's all on the network, it's the same $10 a month, their subscribers aren't going up when they put on a big show by any real substantial amount, and generally whatever increase they do accrue drops shortly afterwards.

WWE isn't a PPV business anymore, it's all the same shit. TV is what butters their bread.
Even for Vince there's a difference between main eventing Wrestlemania and main eventing a throwaway shitshow with transitional feuds and no title changes like great balls of fire or some shit like that.

You think the same amount of people tune in for Summerslam or Royal Rumble as they do for fucking No Mercy?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Even for Vince there's a difference between main eventing Wrestlemania and main eventing a throwaway shitshow with transitional feuds and no title changes like great balls of fire or some shit like that.

You think the same amount of people tune in for Summerslam or Royal Rumble than they do for fucking No Mercy?

We get their subscription numbers, the only time they grow at all is Mania season, and then it's only for a month and not by a lot.

Zach

Oh, I gave The Glamorous Life a 7 out of 10, Menome. Why did I even tell you about it? Sometimes I say things mid-listen and then it gets worse. Who knows? Still, a 7 is not bad. I'm glad you agreed. With my 7.

More of a tackle than a spear, 4/10

She spun around her opponent so much I thought she was going for a roll up.

tumblr_nc28aiR6PC1sdqajoo1_400.gif

This is terrible

Psh, haters....

What's the story behind this?

Originally, Marti Belle was supposed to win her first round match and go decently far in the tournament, but she was so bad in her first round match that midway through it they changed plans and changed the finish so Evers would win.

Pikma

Banned
We get their subscription numbers, the only time they grow at all is Mania season, and then it's only for a month and not by a lot.
I didn't ask about subscriber numbers Sinatar, I asked

Do you think the same amount of people watches Royal Rumble/Summerslam and No Mercy?

What about attendance? Do you think WWE could sell out the Alamo Dome for a No Mercy PPV?

Menome

Oh, I gave The Glamorous Life a 7 out of 10, Menome. Why did I even tell you about it? Sometimes I say things mid-listen and then it gets worse. Who knows? Still, a 7 is not bad. I'm glad you agreed. With my 7.

I agree that you gave it a 7.

: - ) GRADES

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Do think the same amount of people watches Royal Rumble/Summerslam and No Mercy?

What about attendance? Do you think WWE could sell out the Alamo Dome for a No Mercy PPV?

They can't sell out Alamo Dome for any event they run (outside of the magical fairy tale numbers) so no.

As for who watches? They don't care. They care about subscribers.

Is this the correct way to run their business? Of course it isn't. But it's how they do it. They don't "save" big fights for big PPV's, because there are no big PPV's.

Do think the same amount of people watches Royal Rumble/Summerslam and No Mercy?

LET'S GO PIKMA
👏👏 👏👏👏
LET'S GO PIKMA
👏👏 👏👏👏

MC Safety

I watched some of the Mae Young classic. There were some good matches to be had.

I'm not sure what the WWE was thinking by putting a microphone in front of Lita's face. She's terrible as a commentator. Paired with Jim Ross in the classic, she's even worse because I guess she's supposed to add color? Or be a second play-by-play guy? She's neither colorful nor insightful.

Top Bottom