• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

Yeah the Sting/Hogan match really put a damper on a good event. If only Hogan would have put Sting over and not fucked with the match...it would have been glorious.

Starrcade 95 was amazing because it didn't have hogan and it was a cross show with NJPW. It was a good change of pace from the past PPVs involving Hogan. Another recommendation is Starrcade 92 because of the Battle Bowl.

Battle Bowl is a great idea. However, WCW was filled with great ideas that never worked.

Gonzalez

Banned
Hey guys. I haven't posted in a little while as things move super fast in these threads.

I was told to go watch Starrcade '85 a couple of days ago. I knew nothing going in and was blown away. I could post a breakdown of what I thought if anyone is interested?

tumblr_ncy23eqdTz1t95vo6o1_r1_250.gif

RP912

Banned
Battle Bowl is a great idea. However, WCW was filled with great ideas that never worked.

True, a good example of this was the Doomsday Cage Match at Uncensored 96. The concept of a huge ass cage divided into three sections was awesome. When the match happened.....it wasn't pretty at all. As a child, I was blown away by it...but when you look back at that match, it was a huge mess and a half.

True, a good example of this was the Doomsday Cage Match at Uncensored 96. The concept of a huge ass cage divided into three sections was awesome. When the match happened.....it wasn't pretty at all. As a child, I was blown away by it...but when you look back at that match, it was a huge mess and a half.

Having Arquette as champion too! And the Bunkhouse trailer match thing with Dustin Runnels in where they're like driving down the road in a huge truck having a match in the back. It's bizarre.

RP912

Banned
Having Arquette as champion too! And the Bunkhouse trailer match thing with Dustin Runnels in where they're like driving down the road in a huge truck having a match in the back. It's bizarre.

No lie, I actually loved that match despite how ridiculous it was...

Nothing beats the Chamber of Horrors match where The Butcher was electrocuted on live tv.

Just had a dream where they made a Doom sequel where The Rock's in hell and must redeem himself after the first movie and ends with escaping hell but brings it with him on Earth and has to team with Karl Urban in the next movie.

I'm gonna go back to sleep.

Don't you dare talk shit about King of The Road.

It's glorious.

No lie, I actually loved that match despite how ridiculous it was...

Nothing beats the Chamber of Horrors match where The Butcher was electrocuted on live tv.

YES KING OF THE ROAD THAT'S IT! Haha! Brilliant! Oh man as stupid as that was idea wise it was so damn awesome. How they managed to even do that moderately well back in the 90's was a miracle.

RP912

Banned
The crazy thing about the KOTH match was the fact that Dustin busted himself open and the production crew had to mess with the camera shade to hide the blood. This would end up becoming Dustin's last match.

JavyOO7

I say WWE is okay with it seeing as how those posts were >150 weeks ago. Unless the media gets wind of it, I guess she and Seth are safe for the time being?

I say WWE is okay with it seeing as how those posts were >150 weeks ago. Unless the media gets wind of it, I guess she and Seth are safe for the time being?
Seth's going to be grand. As for Zhara, it'll probably come down to how the media picks up on it. She hasn't made an onscreen appearance yet, so it's easier for the WWE to let it blow over.

gurudyne

Seth's going to be grand. As for Zhara, it'll probably come down to how the media picks up on it. She hasn't made an onscreen appearance yet, so it's easier for the WWE to let it blow over.

One thing's for certain--she can't show up on NXT now, or the Full Sail crowd will chant nothing but "HEI-IL HIT-LER clap clap clapclapclap" while Nazi saluting everytime she's out.

Fox318

Starcade 85 is an amazing show.

Watching Abdula straight up stab a dude and hide the gimmick in a no dq match is fucking hilarious everytime I see it.

Also when the dude blades AFTER the match is over you know you got yourself a good wrasslin event.

Plus the commentary was either edited on the network or Bob Caudle was high as shit.

Starcade 85 is an amazing show.

Watching Abdula straight up stab a dude and hide the gimmick in a no dq match is fucking hilarious everytime I see it.

Also when the dude blades AFTER the match is over you know you got yourself a good wrasslin event.

Plus the commentary was either edited on the network or Bob Caudle was high as shit.

I think he was either a drunk or had a stroke in the past.

Fox318

The first Starcade is so much better than the first Wrestlemania. Top to bottom.

That first Wrestlemania wasn't a great show. The only reason why they were able to make money is because MTV was giving them a ton of coverage at the time and Roddy was a fucking amazing heel.

It really wasn't until mania 2 did they fix the production issues with help from Dick Emersol and 3 is obviously the show that Vince envisioned when he started Wrestlemania.

Plus Starcade 85 did so much better what they tried to do with Wrestlemania 2 with having the event in different cities.

She's still around cause no one knows who she is.

She just debuted at an NXT live show (as Crowe's valet [Crowe's also dating a racist]), which I thought was the craziest thing. It's like they have no sense

*turns on Raw tomorrow, edits out the "it's like" part of last sentence*

DMczaf

BREAKING NEWS: This Monday on WWE Raw, ‪#‎TeamPCB‬ will compete in the FIRST EVER Divas Beat-The-Clock Challenge to see who will be the No. 1 Contender for the Divas Championship!!!

#DivaRevolution

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honestly that is a pretty good idea.

Also real talk: Is there a better special guest referee than "The Most Dangerous Man in the World" Ken Shamrock? He's pretty much perfect in the Austin/Bret match.

Top Bottom