• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly that is a pretty good idea.

Also real talk: Is there a better special guest referee than "The Most Dangerous Man in the World" Ken Shamrock? He's pretty much perfect in the Austin/Bret match.

He looked phenomenal.

KAhGgDX.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He looked phenomenal.

He's pretty much the only cat to ever look good in the cutoff ref shirt.

He also only asked if someone wanted to quit when they were in a real tight jam. He also enunciated well and didn't try calling any pinfalls/rope breaks whatever. That and the ending signifying the beginning of his career by suplexing Bret.

WM 13 which I'm watching right now so far only has two matches with any build, this one, one of the greatest matches of all time, and the Goldust/HHH one. I can see why people don't really like or remember the show, but there is such a thing as one match being good enough to carry an entire event, as this match proves.

Gonzalez

Banned
Funnily enough I don't think Shamrock was this jacked up at any time during his WWE run. Dem roids doe.

You know who is another person to get over in a big, brutal, submission based match while losing the match itself?

Screenshot_2014-10-10-12-03-34-1.png

*Insert Brazzers logo*

Funnily enough I don't think Shamrock was this jacked up at any time during his WWE run. Dem roids doe.

You know who is another person to get over in a big, brutal, submission based match while losing the match itself?

[IM]http://beckylynchsource.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Screenshot_2014-10-10-12-03-34-1.png[/IMG]

flipping_off.0.png

somedevil

It seems that the Dusty Tournament is going to be made of 16 teams and they are doing matches during NXT house shows and WWE tapings. So far they done 6 of the 8 matches. Here what has been taped so far:

* The Mechanics vs Knight and Samson

* Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs Angelo Dawkins and Sawyer Fulton

* Samoa Joe and Finn Balor vs The Lucha Dragons

* Rhyno and Corbin vs The Ascension

* Jason Jordan and Chad Gable vs Neville and Solomon Crowe

* Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa vs Tyler Breeze and Bull Dempsey

Only Blake and Murphy and the Hype Bros haven't had a match yet.

It looks like though the final 8 teams will most likely be:

Joe and Balor, Hype Bros, Enzo and Cass, Johnny Gargano and Ciampa, Rhyno and Corbin, Blake and Murphy, the Mechanics and Jordan and Gable

It seems that the Dusty Tournament is going to be made of 16 teams and they are doing matches during NXT house shows and WWE tapings. So far they done 6 of the 8 matches. Here what has been taped so far:

Only Blake and Murphy and the Hype Bros haven't had a match yet.

It looks like though the final 8 teams will most likely be:

Joe and Balor, Hype Bros, Enzo and Cass, Johnny Gargano and Ciampa, Rhyno and Corbin, Blake and Murphy, the Mechanics and Jordan and Gable

Damn, the
Lucha Dragons can't even win a match on NXT.

thefro

BREAKING NEWS: This Monday on WWE Raw, ‪#‎TeamPCB‬ will compete in the FIRST EVER Divas Beat-The-Clock Challenge to see who will be the No. 1 Contender for the Divas Championship!!!
#DivaRevolution

That should be a big improvement since there's actually a story and reason for things happening. Matches should be well under 10 min. Since Paige/Charlotte/Becky all use submissions whoever draws the later matches can just go to their submission which should eliminate any time screw-ups.

Several possible storylines. Sasha could be an opponent and either have a competitive draw/win via cheating in under the limit, or nearly win when the time limit hits to break up a submission. In one of the later matches the person with the best time could refuse to help their team member counter interference.

I'd rather they do a tournament or something, but this should work well.

Aiii

So not worth it
That should be a big improvement since there's actually a story and reason for things happening.
Random people in a random stip match to determine a #1 contender are none of these things.

The only thing different is that, for once, it isn't a Divas Battle Royale that determines the random #1 contender. They haven't actually developed a legitimate story on why this random person will be the #1 contender over all the others, it's just "oh these 3 girls won a multi-team-match and now one of them gets to fight for the title."

It's whatever, they could have created a storyline, but that would be too much trouble. #divasrevolution

Random people in a random stip match to determine a #1 contender are none of these things.

The only thing different is that, for once, it isn't a Divas Battle Royale that determines the random #1 contender. They haven't actually developed a legitimate story on why this random person will be the #1 contender over all the others, it's just "oh these 3 girls won a multi-team-match and now one of them gets to fight for the title."

It's whatever, they could have created a storyline, but that would be too much trouble. #divasrevolution

The random matches finally are given a purpose and people are preemptively shitting on it. This angle and these women can literally do nothing right.

Aiii

So not worth it
The random matches finally are given a purpose and people are preemptively shitting on it. This angle and these women can literally do nothing right.

Tell me the difference between this and the pre-#divasrevolution "person A wins random non-title match against title holder to become #1 contender" or the "random diva wins #1 contender's Divas Battle Royal." What's this big purpose I'm missing compared to 3 months ago.

I have no problem with supporting women's wrestling, but just because you're calling it a revolution, it's still the same old shit to me.

YesManKablaam

Neo Member
Breeze/Dempsey could provide some incredible promos/vignettes. I can already picture the look of disgust on Breeze's face any time he has to interact with Bull.

Finally given purpose 7 days after the match on a site nobody goes to off-camera when they could have done it on-camera in place of the shit Miz TV segment/match they had less than a full day after the match if it truly mattered as much as their #movement wants you to believe

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People still shitting on womens' matches and holding them to a higher standard than normal matches. "Business as usual" is still way up from where it was.

Finally given purpose 7 days after the match on a site nobody goes to off-camera when they could have done it on-camera in place of the shit Miz TV segment/match they had less than a full day after the match if it truly mattered as much as their #movement wants you to believe

Where they announced it shouldn't matter. The thing people wanted (a point to all these random matches) is happening and people are still finding reasons to shit on it. At this point it is pretty clear no one is going to accept anything that happens on this angle, so just make a women's only show on the Network so people can have an hour long piss break. #dunndeal

Aiii

So not worth it
Where they announced it shouldn't matter. The thing people wanted (a point to all these random matches) is happening and people are still finding reasons to shit on it. At this point it is pretty clear no one is going to accept anything that happens on this angle, so just make a women's only show on the Network so people can have an hour long piss break. #dunndeal

I ask you again, what is the point? What is the angle?

DMczaf

Probably the best thing to come out of this terrible #DivaRevolution are Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez's rants on how terrible this #DivaRevolution has been handled.

I ask you again, what is the point? What is the angle?

The angle right now is that they're wrestling to become the number one contender. Which is more than what they were doing, which was wrestling to wrestle. They're being treated like every other division in the company, which is a massive step up. That's what is so sad about this angle and people shitting all over it. Women being given time to wrestle and be respected as wrestlers like the men IS a revolution.

klonere

Banned
How many of them were more than a few minutes long and actually promoted ahead of time? The women's division is now being treated like the IC/US titles have been for years. That's a pretty huge step up. Revolutionary, even.

ah yes being told that they fight like girls in the midst of a 30 minute pointless no heat angle is truly, absolutely, revolutionary

Aiii

So not worth it
How many of them were more than a few minutes long and actually promoted ahead of time? The women's division is now being treated like the IC/US titles have been for years. That's a pretty huge step up. Revolutionary, even.

So all that's different now from before is that we now get mediocre 15-minute matches that is exposing the lack of direction and quality of the division?

At best you can call it a minor evolution.

So all that's different now from before is that we now get mediocre 15-minute matches that is exposing the lack of direction and quality of the division?

It's definitely a revolution in terms of how WWE has treated women for the past 20 years. Being treated as legit wrestlers like all the men, complete with lack of direction is a revolution.

Now they get some direction and it doesn't count, I guess.

Remember 6 days ago when the champ flatout said wins and losses in tag matches don't matter, and then whined on Twitter with 2 other competitors when the crowd proceeded to actively not give a shit about the tag match that happened seconds after she said that

This is part of what people are defending btw

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It's huge. You may not think so because you want them to not only level the playing field but do something incredible with it, but to me, something incredible is finally be given a chance.

NoRéN

Top Bottom