• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

Aiii

So not worth it
It's definitely a revolution in terms of how WWE has treated women for the past 20 years. Being treated as legit wrestlers like all the men, complete with lack of direction is a revolution.

Now they get some direction and it doesn't count, I guess.

Err.

6ODnVWL.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
They initially had no direction. Now they're being given some direction. What's hard to follow there?

Because your argument is: "well now they're treated just like the men, they have no direction at all" and "well now they have some direction."

If you don't see how those two things are opposite from one another, I don't know what to tell you.

Don't conflate "better" with "good". We can all agree it's progress that the women are being given something to do, but it's not unreasonable to want that thing to be actually entertaining.

klonere

Banned
First impressions are absolutely everything in wrestling.

The "revolutionary" change in the Divas division has made a pretty fucking garbage first impression and it'll take some hard work to claw that back - after only being 1 month in!

I believe the talent there can achieve that but they need to be given the tools to do so and up until now, they have not.

Because your argument is: "well now they're treated just like the men, they have no direction at all" and "well now they have some direction."

If you don't see how those two things are opposite from one another, I don't know what to tell you.

No, it isn't. My argument was that them being treated like the other male divisions, which generally have no direction, but are given plenty of time to wrestle, is a revolution. People were complaining that this angle is stupid and a waste since it has no direction. And now that it is being given direction, they're still complaining.

These are two different points. I guess I'll make it clearer:

My contention is that the women being time to go out and have long matches every week and being promoted and treated like the male divisions is revolutionary for WWE.

My other contention is that fans complaining about the lack of direction in the angle are holding the women to a different standard than the men, and aren't even consistent with their complaints, as they're still down on the angle when it is given some direction. People are literally just finding reasons to shit on this whole thing. Even after the first night, in between the "wow so awesome" posts were people saying it won't matter because *kevindunnmeme* shit.

So who's winning the Rumble? I would hope WWE isn't stupid enough to have Reigns win again, but I might be expecting too much. I think Reigns will find his way into the WM title match, but I think Dean will win the Rumble. Shield triple threat at WM.

klonere

Banned
So who's winning the Rumble? I would hope WWE isn't stupid enough to have Reigns win again, but I might be expecting too much. I think Reigns will find his way into the WM title match, but I think Dean will win the Rumble. Shield triple threat at WM.

Cena or Seth (babyface)
Otherwise I can see Reigns getting it again, I expect WWE to think that this Wyatt feud is going to be the making of babyface Reigns.

Wishful thinking: Big E or Sheamus

klonere

Banned
mfw people say the Divas Revolution has been a good storyline

nrSliSq.gif

Naito is amazing, catching up on a bunch of G1 now that I have some more free time.

JavyOO7

I love Dean. He's amazing even if his offense isn't that great. Even if his gimmick is basically to imitate Joker from Nolan's Dark Knight I still think he's wonderful. And he has a great voice.

But if he ever wins the world title I'll be waiting for a long time. Reigns will finally have his moment next Wrestlemania. So yeah, he's winning the Rumble and then will beat Rollins or whoever is champ at the time. Probably as a heel too.

Cena wins the championship to bury Rollins, and Henry wins the Rumble to take attention away from Rollins's racist girlfriend.

whathedo.gif

Rollins faces Fandango in the preshow match.

I love Dean. He's amazing even if his offense isn't that great. Even if his gimmick is basically to imitate Joker from Nolan's Dark Knight I still think he's wonderful. And he has a great voice.

But if he ever wins the world title I'll be waiting for a long time. Reigns will finally have his moment next Wrestlemania. So yeah, he's winning the Rumble and then will beat Rollins or whoever is champ at the time. Probably as a heel too.

I think Reigns will win the title at WM, but I think they'll have Dean win the Rumble to appease the fans there and prevent another mess, if only for one night. Then at Mania you do a three-way and Seth is pinned by Roman.

It's impressive how some people with any sort of fame keep being completely incapable of operating even the simplest parts of the Internet

It shouldn't have to be difficult to comprehend "1) don't say stupid shit if you're on your way to fame 2) if you ignore 1, at least delete it after obtaining fame 3) if you ignore 1 and 2, apologize and promise to never do it again and then delete stupid shit 4) if you ignore 1-3, fuck it hope you enjoy getting hate mail forever"

been rewatching old Brock matches on the Network today and I had forgotten how much body acne Eddie Guerrero had around the time he won the title in 04.

Rousey vs. Banks isn't the worst idea I've ever heard, especially if you're comparing it to Tyson/Austin.

Yeah, but Tyson and Austin never actually wrestled. Rousey as enforcer or ref for the women's title match at Mania would be cool though.

think yall are getting a little overzealous with the banks hype

You might say I'm biased because of my avatar, but she's had two of my ten favorite matches this year. She absolutely deserves the hype she's getting.

Zach

And the chronological journey begins again in 1997, as the all-time great Glacier takes on my new favorite, hopefully-not-racist wrestler, Beautiful Bobby!

Rousey vs. Banks isn't the worst idea I've ever heard, especially if you're comparing it to Tyson/Austin.

That's the worst possible idea for Sasha. Why would you want your most promising female wrestler to get demolished by Rondo Rousey? That's why Steph is going to be in the match if one happens. Because it won't hurt her perception to get annihilated. In fact, if Rondo ever gets a match in WWE, I expect both Steph and HHH to get the shit knocked out of them by her.

You aren't going to bring in Rondo Rousey for a competitive match.

Gonzalez

Banned
And the chronological journey begins again in 1997, as the all-time great Glacier takes on my new favorite, hopefully-not-racist wrestler, Beautiful Bobby!
Glacier was starting to win the crowds over at this point, simply by nailing the fuck out of people with the Cryonic Kick.

Top Bottom