• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

X-Pac heat wasn't a thing until DX reunited and turned heel in late 1999 when DX reformed as heels. In 1998, he was probably the second most over face behind Austin. Maybe third depending on how you view Rock's tweener role. His match with Rock at one of the UK PPVs in 1998 is one of the best matches of the AE.

I mean X-Pac had 1-2-3 Kid era which was ok or at least decent. Chavo had nothing.

I feel like Chavo in 1998 was pretty well liked. And in 2002 he was the weak link of the Smackdown Six, but definitely not bad. Anything post Eddie's death was embarrassing, though. No doubt about that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Torture Rack is a good finisher most of the time.

My favorite Luger angle in WCW, besides being heel bros with face Stang, is his arm braking in 2000.

Lex is something special. Despite having terrible promo skills, mostly terrible wrestling skills (except for the first 2-3 years of his career), and being a piece of shit heel for most of his career, he somehow managed to stay over for almost 15 years. He was still getting reactions in dying WCW when his in ring work was absolutely horrific.

RBH

Gotta give Luger credit for somehow getting that torture rack over as fuuuh in '97.
luger_titlewin2.jpg

The first full wrestling match that I can remember watching. After watching the ending of that match, I was hooked from that point forward.

Zach

luger_titlewin2.jpg

The first full wrestling match that I can remember watching. After watching the ending of that match, I was hooked from that point forward.
Very cool, man. That was definitely a special moment in my youth. I look forward to reliving it now that the '97 Nitros are up.

And Data, Chavo just got a big reaction for beating Mr. JL with a moonsault. Text STOP if you want to unsubscribe from #CHAVOFACTS.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
MGS V should be good, the rest of the odd numbered games are.

It's funny because I played 2 and 4 right after they launched and was not a huge fan of either (4 especially) but I ended up waiting a decent time for 1,3,5 due to not owning the systems (I have a PS3 of course, but will wait until I get a current gen system to play 5 and GZ)

Either way, Kojima gonna kojima. He's been getting consistently more pervy.

luger_titlewin2.jpg

I can't even imagine getting into an angle like the NWO without all the backstory. Like...the whole angle is predicated on your knowledge of 80s and 90s WWF and NWA/WCW. To come in half way through the story and getting hooked seems bizarre to me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like Luger plenty, even though he is the participant and victor in what I consider to be the most depressing match in WCW history. It's a PPV match between him and Bret Hart, and he wins clean.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Lol and that match is like 5 minutes, too.

I remember being in a perfectly good mood watching that ppv too and then the match comes on and I just start feeling sad. Then it keeps going on and I feel worse and worse. It's just a depressing match.

I remember being in a perfectly good mood watching that ppv too and then the match comes on and I just start feeling sad. Then it keeps going on and I feel worse and worse. It's just a depressing match.

There is very little about WCW after mid 1999 that isn't depressing. The best you can get between summer of 1999 and the last show in 2001 is hilariously stupid/bad.

Top Bottom