• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

tm24

3U0jYLu.gif
And AAA needs to pull Texano out of the doghouse or put a rocket to Pentagon soon. Nobody wants a main eventer Myzteziz heel run past the initial 'shock'

It's a shame since Texano is just so damn good. He hardly ever gets to show it. Talk about how shitty CMLL is all you want, they at least have a lot of good rudos

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even as a fan of the wrestler, the circumstances of benoit's death are too horrific. Just as bad as you can get.

I certainly agree that there's no way to paint anything Benoit was about in a positive light. What he did WAY overshadows any good his character could stand for, and it didn't particularly stand for good nor could it be leveraged as such.

Doing a PWG catch up, I enjoyed him in Lucha Underground, but Brian Cage is the worst in PWG. Cannot stand him.

Not sold yet on Speedball, but GODDAMN that apron rana.

Doing a PWG catch up, I enjoyed him in Lucha Underground, but Brian Cage is the worst in PWG. Cannot stand him.

Not sold yet on Speedball, but GODDAMN that apron rana.

Bailey plays a good little guy face in peril because he looks so young and because even Hero towers over him.

Fox318

she could've said NWA or WCW, she's just clueless because daddy's drunk

They are all scripted to say that and if they aren't than Vince is paying welfare for 30 writers to do nothing.

Its all of these little things that don't make sense to me. They own that period of wrestling and the WCW name.

Why not celebrate it when so often people look back so fondly to the Mid South NWA and WCW days?

Like here is singer Darius Rucker on the today show doing a Dusty impression

https://youtu.be/Z3Lhzku2Vmo?t=115

You'd figure that this is the sort of stuff they would celebrate more often instead of the Vince that gives guys gimmicks as a rib or sabotage

The whole idea of "I didn't make it so its shit" is so dumb.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They are all scripted to say that and if they aren't than Vince is paying welfare for 30 writers to do nothing.

Its all of these little things that don't make sense to me. They own that period of wrestling and the WCW name.

Why not celebrate it when so often people look back so fondly to the Mid South NWA and WCW days?

You'd figure that this is the sort of stuff they would celebrate more often instead of the Vince that gives guys gimmicks as a rib or sabotage

Well once he's dead you can celebrate.

imBask

Banned

well considering Vince is known to flip the script 5 min before the show, yeah those 25 writers are probably paid to do mostly nothing

Fox318

¡HarlequinPanic!;177054062 said:
you've said some dweeb smark things before man but this might take the cake :\

I just don't understand the logic of those tiny things. I mean if anything Vince deserves a shitload of credit for so many countless things (lighting standards, produced promos and interviews, using celebrities to help make your product mainstream, innovating with different characters and using long payoffs to help make stories great, twisting the real life factors of somebody to make their character seem more real).

There are so many things that Vince never will get the credit he deserves but I don't think having one person say Wrestling or WCW is going to create brand confusion.

Well once he's dead you can celebrate.

From a creative standpoint part of the reason why NXT and Lucha underground were so well received is that they tried to deviate from the Sports Entertainment formula that Vince pioneered.

Very few people get to be like Walt Disney and have their creative vision maintain popularity over a long period of time.

I'm not going to celebrate a man's death but don't tell me that people are beginning to look forward to the day HHH gets head creative control.

The hard part I have is, ok, this terrible shit was in 06. People CAN change. When do we say he can't? There's no set timeframe. There's no particular milestone someone can hit, as opposed to publicly showing a ton of remorse and explaining their change, which Warrior did not do, to my knowledge. I just don't know. I've done shitty things in the past that I've come around on, but I also didn't announce the change. It's so hard to say.

Warrior has an award given in his name to sick & dying children that celebrates his strength of character and spirit, the same spirit that allowed him to be an unrepentant bigot, sexist, racist, homophobic piece of shit. Of course people do have the capacity for change and no one should feel compelled to justify or explain their changes of heart, but when you're a public figure that kind of comes with the territory. Only this time the reprehensible shit got swept under the carpet and forgotten about, especially with his sudden death as it wasn't really the time or the place to bring up his failings.

WWE takes what they can from the character, and very little from the man himself. And I think that's ok.

I think it's OK as well, to a point.

Ithil

Word of advice to absolutely anyone looking to get hired by WWE, before even you get a tryout, comb every single thing you ever posted on any social media and delete anything shitty you wrote (assuming your brain is capable of comprehending that what you wrote was shitty).

She posted those Nazi pics and racist posts three years ago, and it cost her a job today.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That would remove a large chunk of wrestlers from history.

Most the guys from that era of the 80s were raised in the 50s and 60s. There's no excuse for that shit anymore. Just watch the gap drop-off in notorious racists from the 80s to the 90s.

Fox318

Is it really that hard not being a racist?

I mean if you just try and treat others how you would like to be treated its pretty downhill from there.

Top Bottom