• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

JavyOO7

Well, I hope that guy recovers, does his time, and there's a focus on rehabilitating his mental state. But, according to our politicians, we don't have enough money for mental rehabilitation, so...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DIdn't Slaughter almost burn a US flag for the Iraqi angle?

Yup, he decided not to because shit was already WAY too real for him. Family members getting death threats, etc.

RP912

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1104569

They started off angry at the price of coins you can buy to boost things quicker in the base building. Now it's switched to how long a natural grind it is forcing people to buy the money. I have no idea if this is true or not, I haven't got my hands on the game yet - but as far as I know it's not a hugely important part of the game?

I expected this would happen since this is the direction Konami is going, but it's not like the dog coins=in order to beat the game from what it looks like. It's no different from The Crew having the ability to pay for cars/cosmetics when you can actually win money in the game.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Of course, dude! My boy could give the End of Days to Strowman and call it a night.

f9a54da3d36fa402fd4c71cb9c9a3585879c7bb2_hq.gif

I don't understand why this is a GIF. There's nothing happening here.

They started off angry at the price of coins you can buy to boost things quicker in the base building. Now it's switched to how long a natural grind it is forcing people to buy the money. I have no idea if this is true or not, I haven't got my hands on the game yet - but as far as I know it's not a hugely important part of the game?

I've been playing it (and Until Dawn - awesome) since Thursday.

The servers have been down the entire time, so there's been no reference to online components or currency, so nobody really knows yet... except they do, because Konami reasons.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I expected this would happen since this is the direction Konami is going, but it's not like the dog coins=in order to beat the game from what it looks like. It's no different from The Crew having the ability to pay for cars/cosmetics when you can actually win money in the game.

bu-bu-bu-but this is Kojima-san's magnum opus! A glorious game such as this should not have its perfect name BESMIRCHED by these FILTHY extra COIN PURCHASES, GOD! That's reserved for SHIT like Angry BIRDS and whatever run of the mill FAKE NON-GAMES MADE FOR LITTLE PHONES!

RP912

Banned
bu-bu-bu-but this is Kojima-san's magnum opus! A glorious game such as this should not have its perfect name BESMIRCHED by these FILTHY extra COIN PURCHASES, GOD! That's reserved for SHIT like Angry BIRDS and whatever run of the mill FAKE NON-GAMES MADE FOR LITTLE PHONES!

The biggest swerve would be if Kojima-san came up with the idea.

It's not any of those things. The MB coins are for the FOB, which is a MP component that has slight single player advantages in that they can help you get resources somewhat faster. You get one FOB free, but you have to pay for more of them if you want to build more. You don't have to. And it's mainly just a MP thing.

The reaction is because a lot of people look at "microtransactions" as a four letter word instead of actually looking at each game on a case-by-case basis.

Menome

Been away-ish for a couple of days as my girlfriend's visiting. Caught up with the past couple of days; bloody hell it's been a crazy weekend.

miserable

Joe Rogan on his podcast or whatever just made fun of a korean girl, said she was the sister of Inoki , cause she had a long chin
huh

It's not any of those things. The MB coins are for the FOB, which is a MP component that has slight single player advantages in that they can help you get resources somewhat faster. You get one FOB free, but you have to pay for more of them if you want to build more. You don't have to. And it's mainly just a MP thing.

The reaction is because a lot of people look at "microtransactions" as a four letter word instead of actually looking at each game on a case-by-case basis.

That seems even more pointless to me, as I probably won't even bother with the multiplayer element. I agree about the 'microtransactions' buzz word stigma.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My only, and ONLY complaint about PROGRESS is their horrible subtitles.

somedevil

The Whole Bram thing is going to really awkward soon with TNA because he celebrates with Dixie at the end with helping her save the company from Jeff Jarrett. lol

So, shit really happened today, huh?

I was gone, so Zahra was released, there was a Hogan interview, some dude got shot, Bram's a wife beater and Rich Swann and Biff Busick are getting signed. Did I miss anything else?

I would go with co-opting the iron eagle. That's kind of weird.
I'll be honest and say I never thought about it until someone pointed it out. I'm so used to it at this point. It's not like they're the only thing with an eagle logo.

That said, I'd probably feel weirder about it if the PROGRESS crowd (and management) weren't the most lefty wrestling crowd I've ever been in.

Nice avi Duncan. Who is the Big Boss of WWE? Triple H? Would that make Vince The Boss? I need more wrestling/MGS connections.

Kevin Dunn. You never see him yet there are frequent signs he's infiltrated the product and manipulated it to his will.

Recently he's stolen the blueprints for Kevin Owen's push and the briefcase with the Diva's revolution storyline locked inside.

My only, and ONLY complaint about PROGRESS is their horrible subtitles.
Eh, show titles have never bothered me, and I like most of Progress's. I'm sure there's worse PWG names...
CHAPTER ONE – In The Beginning
CHAPTER TWO – The March of Progress
CHAPTER THREE – Fifty Shades of Pain
CHAPTER FOUR – THE BALLAD OF EL LIGERO
CHAPTER FIVE – FOR THOSE ABOUT TO FIGHT, WE SALUTE YOU
CHAPTER SIX – WE (HEART) VIOLENCE
CHAPTER SEVEN – EVERY SAINT HAS A PAST, EVERY SINNER HAS A FUTURE
CHAPTER EIGHT – THE BIG BOYS GUIDE TO STRONG STYLE
CHAPTER NINE: HOLD ME, THRILL ME, KICK ME, KILL ME
CHAPTER TEN: GLORY FOLLOWS VIRTUE AS IF IT WERE ITS SHADOW
CHAPTER ELEVEN: TO FIGHT WAR, YOU MUST BECOME WAR
CHAPTER TWELVE: WE’RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER ROOM
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: UNBELIEVABLE, JEFF!
THE PROGRESS WORLD CUP
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THUNDERBASTARD
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE PARANOID, DOESN’T MEAN THEY AREN’T OUT TO GET YOU
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: VERY VERY VERY BREAKY BREAKY BREAKY BISHI BISHIII
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE SHOW THAT WE’RE NOT ALLOWED TO CALL PROGRESSLEMANIA FOR LEGAL REASONS
CHAPTER NINETEEN: SUPER STRONG STYLE 16 – TOURNAMENT EDITION 2015
CHAPTER 20: THUNDERBASTARD – BEYOND THUNDERBASTARD

According to Alvarez, the plan for the Beat the Clock challenge tonight is
for two women to end with the same time so there is a three-way at NoC.

Top Bottom