• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

Hell, I lend my ex/best friend $900 earlier this month to move in to her new place since she couldn't afford both the deposit and 1st month's rent and the fact her old place was a piece of shit. Confessed my love to her the next day.. and she doesn't want to talk to me "ever again". Limited contact since.

She'll come around. We work together.

WOOOO AINNNN'T HE GRRRREAT, EVERYONE.

'Spend my day working hard on the go
But the hands on the clock keep spinning too slow '
Cause I can't wait to be alone with my baby tonight
You know my baby's got me wrapped around her little old finger '
Cause she knows that I'd walk through hell and back just to be with her
Oh I can't wait to be alone with my baby tonight
Turn the lights off bar the doors
And we'll leave all the worries of the world behind
Hold me in your arms never let me go
Baby it's true - I got a one track mind
But it's hard to concentrate around a girl like mine
And I can't wait to be alone with my baby tonight
And we'll leave every worry in this world behind
I'm the kinda guy who likes to do things right so you won't find me
complaining if it takes all night
I can't wait to be alone with my baby tonight
Maybe what we're doing might be wrong
How in the world could we be wrong
Never knew that love could take so long
Never knew that love could take so long
Well I wake up in her arms with the sunlight peaking through the curtains in
my room and there's just one thing I'm thinking
I can't wait to be alone with my baby tonight
Don't you know I lose my mind when I'm thinking about being with my baby tonight
And we'll leave every worry in this world behind
I wake up in her arms with the sunlight peaking through the curtains in my room
and I swear that all I thinking is I can't wait to be alone with my baby tonight
You know that I lose my mind when I'm thinking about beeing with my baby tonight
I can't wait to be alone with my
Can't wait I can't wait to be alone with my
Oh I can't wait I can't wait to be alone with my baby tonight I can't wait to
be alone with my I
Can't wait I can't wait to be alone with my
Oh I Can't wait I can't wait to be alone with my baby tonight
Baby tonight Baby tonight Baby tonight

Hell, I lend my ex/best friend $900 earlier this month to move in to her new place since she couldn't afford both the deposit and 1st month's rent and the fact her old place was a piece of shit. Confessed my love to her the next day.. and she doesn't want to talk to me "ever again". Limited contact since.

wGgCBD5.gif

6th team added to King of Trios;

zh3zzC1.jpg
Unreal that this isn't being offered as an iPPV or DVD. But as we discussed earlier their fideo quality and production is haphazard.

AAA announced the luchadors theyre sending over for the El Rey show tapings. Blue Demon Jr., Sexy Star, Fenix, Drago and Pentagon Jr. You'll all get to experience the greatness that is Pentagon Jr in English now!
Have they decided the format of the show. Last I read they were debating making it some type of performance action show and not a true wrestling product......

Nerdkiller

Membeur
You know, they really should have let Cena take that break that he was asking for when he beat Lesnar back in '12, because reading about his current shoulder problems, it seems like all that time in the ring has caught up to him. He really deserves some time off at the very least.

please respond

strobogo

Banned
I don't why, but I've always felt that the MVC were just an okay team. Maybe it's because to me Gordy was very bland compared to the other top gaijins at the time. Now on the other hand, Johnny Ace & Steve Williams, were an awesome team.

Probably depends on what drugs he was on at the time. I'll have to watch a Gordy match today. Can't decide on a Gordy/Hansen tag or MVC.

imMLQxFbakOwP.gif

Unreal that this isn't being offered as an iPPV or DVD. But as we discussed earlier their fideo quality and production is haphazard.

Oh I would bank on it being a DVD. They may not be able to do iPPVs in Easton though, it is not the best environment for it. I wonder if they'll do the next day DVD/VOD thing like they've done in the past, though. Haphazard isn't the word I would use for their production, though.

Lazy is

Last time they did it they managed to have the vods up really fast so I'm not too worried.

Eh, most people like the live aspect, which is fine. It just opens it up to a proverbial clown car of issues.

Also, concern about Cena's neck? Here's 16 Germans!

jmdajr

ultimate-warrior-laughing-o_zpsa8b6cd6a.gif

Oh I would bank on it being a DVD. They may not be able to do iPPVs in Easton though, it is not the best environment for it. I wonder if they'll do the next day DVD/VOD thing like they've done in the past, though. Haphazard isn't the word I would use for their production, though.

Lazy is

Eh, most people like the live aspect, which is fine. It just opens it up to a proverbial clown car of issues.

Also, concern about Cena's neck? Here's 16 Germans!

Cena keeps that stuff close to his chest if Total Divas is to be believed. Which, I know it can't necessarily be, but it sure seemed like he hadn't made his elbow injury well known.

Sokantish

I hope it works out for you, pal

Cena keeps that stuff close to his chest if Total Divas is to be believed. Which, I know it can't necessarily be, but it sure seemed like he hadn't made his elbow injury well known.

Probably. Being the guy seems like his main focus in life, so he's probably not keen on letting anything show.

Also, never lend money to/buy stuff from/dropkick any girls you like, ever

Recall

I do want to see a solid run with Cena and whomever as a tag team. I actually can't think of any matches where he was in a tag team but its something I would like to see. Even if just for 6 or 9 months.

I do want to see a solid run with Cena and whomever as a tag team. I actually can't think of any matches where he was in a tag team but its something I would like to see. Even if just for 6 or 9 months.

Cena and the Miz were tag team champs for like, five seconds that one time.

Xater

John Cena Reportedly Dealing With Major Injury Problems, Concern Over His WWE Future

I don't wish anyone injury...
but WWE thinks they can fix his neck by feeding him the souls of wrestlers.

Problem is Cena doesn't strike me as a guys that would just quit like Edge, even if it was best for him.

Also at this point I can't even imagine what WWE would look like post Cena. They built the whole company around that guy.

Mengetsu

'Leprechaun: Origins': Film Review

As catchphrases go, "Fuck you, Lucky Charms" is unlikely to enter the cinema pantheon. But it's probably the most memorable line in Leprechaun: Origins, Lionsgate and WWE Studios' attempt to reboot the venerable franchise that began in 1993 and spawned no less than five sequels, albeit all straight-to-video ones. Anyone with fond memories of the campy original (and that probably doesn't include Jennifer Aniston, who made her screen debut in it), should steer clear of this edition, whose title character has no devilish charm at all. Receiving a token theatrical release, the film could pull in some coin on VOD.

WWE star Dylan "Hornswoggle" Postl, a little person wrestler, doesn't deliver any witty quips. Instead, he's a disgustingly feral creature, looking like a reject from the Alien or Predator films, whose sole utterances are savage grunts and shrieks. Not that you ever get a good look at him; director Zach Lipovsky provides only fleeting, shadowy glimpses, never once providing a full-body shot. Much of the action is shot shaky-camera style from the creature's night-vision-esque POV, which suggests that he's in serious need of LASIK surgery.

Sounds great!
Shame on you WWE.

Problem is Cena doesn't strike me as a guys that would just quit like Edge, even if it was best for him.

Also at this point I can't even imagine what WWE would look like post Cena. They built the whole company around that guy.
Correct, he says so on his merch.

tumblr_n56ib5xy1h1srbyoyo1_1280.jpg

enewtabie

Watched Raw Monday night and that was a forgettable show. Why does the WWE have such sporatic storylines. Wyatt was fighting with Jericho( which I hoped would lead to Jericho joining the Wyatts) and then he's fighting Cena. Reigns is fighting Rollins after two matches with Orton.

I also watched two episodes of the The Monday night wars. Pretty good so far. I just wish WWE would do some inventive again. Makes me miss the Attitude era.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-

Inconsistent rules greatly hinder my ability to suspend disbelief, stupid wrestling.

Kornflayx

I really don't see Cena winning at NOC. With the reports of his injuries piling up, I think this could be a way to write him out of the shows (at least wrestling wise) for a couple of months. Because the Lesnar video from Monday just promises a bigger ass kicking than SummerSlam.

Or they could just let Cena win and let him wrestle himself into an early grave. Whatever works

imrehOoRDFO1P.gif

I really don't see Cena winning at NOC. With the reports of his injuries piling up, I think this could be a way to write him out of the shows (at least wrestling wise) for a couple of months. Because the Lesnar video from Monday just promises a bigger ass kicking than SummerSlam.

Or they could just let Cena win and let him wrestle himself into an early grave. Whatever works

imrehOoRDFO1P.gif

I wish someone could track how many Raws ended in that exact same shot.

Zach

Bret/Diesel was great though. It could bump a show up a full letter grade easy.

Nah, it earned the D a plus, though. Too much rule-breaking that didn't stop the match. There was even a moment on a ropebreak that got on my nerves and distracted my brain. The ref was like "1! 2! 3! Break the hold! 1! 2! Why I oughta! 1! 2! 3!" Dude was just senselessly breaking his own count for no reason. I mean, I guess this happens a lot in wrasslin' but it was in my face and distracting. As were the silly run-ins [edit:] that were right in front of the ref's face and did NOT stop the match, of course. I was into the story, though. Two faces that were going over the top to win it all, etc. etc.

Hasney

I once lent my best friend £300 for a deposit. I didn't professmy love for her, because I don't, but she bought me hot wings when she paid back as interest, so it all worked out.

Also, my mum is coming up this weekend to see the city I live in and probably outdrink everyone in whatever bar we go to. Should be fun.

jred2k

I would say 70% of shows have ended with either the face, or heel staring in shock at someone, or something on the ramp while holding onto the top rope.

Don't forget that for a third of the year it ends with a shot of the WM sign. Either someone staring away from it up the ramp, pointing at it, or doing a combination of the two.

Penguin

John Cena Reportedly Dealing With Major Injury Problems, Concern Over His WWE Future

I don't wish anyone injury...
but WWE thinks they can fix his neck by feeding him the souls of wrestlers.

I guess all those premature returns are catching up to him.

strobogo

Banned
Nah, it earned the D a plus, though. Too much rule-breaking that didn't stop the match. There was even a moment on a ropebreak that got on my nerves and distracted my brain. The ref was like "1! 2! 3! Break the hold! 1! 2! Why I oughta! 1! 2! 3!" Dude was just senselessly breaking his own count for no reason. I mean, I guess this happens a lot in wrasslin' but it was in my face and distracting. As were the silly run-ins [edit:] that were right in front of the ref's face and did NOT stop the match, of course. I was into the story, though. Two faces that were going over the top to win it all, etc. etc.

The interference bugged me, but not because it wasn't causing DQs. I just didn't want that in the match. The other problems didn't bother me. I think it was great and one of the top WWE matches of the 90s.

jred2k

I don't even know what the point of a non-camp Leprechaun movie would be. And not ever showing a full body shot is really dumb. That shaky cam mention in that review make me think that they get WWE cameramen to do the filming.

Patryn

At some point, the modern WWE would step in and force him to retire, I think.

I don't think they want any stories about wrestlers being permanently crippled, paralyzed or even die in the ring if they can help it.

I wasn't really paying attention when Edge retired. Was it solely his choice? Was the WWE willing to let him continue wrestling if he wanted to?

dream

Well, they'd have to shift away from the one single focal point philosophy. But Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, and RKO looks like a pretty bright future to me.

Top Bottom